Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,611 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? (25134 Views)

If Your Grandma Slaps Your Mum In Your Presence What Will You Do? / What’s Your Mum’s Favorite Statement When Angry? / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by obembet(f): 10:10am On Oct 10, 2021
Has your mum ever priced something in your presence and you start to pity the seller?

See some hilarious comments here and share your experience

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by PlayMaker14: 10:12am On Oct 10, 2021
Mine happened years ago during the yultide season, she called me to the kitchen to bring my feet for her to measure with a broom stick. After the measurements, she went to Igbudú market, I was super excited knowing that a brand new shoe will follow her back home.

She came back from the market with only my sister's shoes, seeing how my faced changed to a Gambler who lost a ticket of N4mil because of one game, she said she will take me to the market the next day.

We got to Igbudú market very early and went straight to the shoe stand, my mom immediately point to one black shoes that looks like canoe and started exhibiting her bargain prowess. This went on for 30mins as both of them tried to persuade each other.

I heard when the seller was telling my mom that the last price is N2000 from an initial selling price of N3,500, and in her words; "Madam, your pikin go use this shoe taya"

My mom priced the shoe to N1200 and was even making it look like she's doing the seller a huge favor by adding the N200 on top.

The seller, with a swelled up face, reluctantly agreed and gave the canoe looking shoe to my mom.

I felt pity for the seller though, it was as if my mom targeted her that day.

We went home and all my homies started calling me "Mr. Canoe" because of the funny looking shoe which I wore for Christmas and New year pararding the streets of Warri visiting homes of Uncle's and Aunty's so they can "Do Christmas" for me.

392 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 10, 2021
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by YeyeGbami: 10:25am On Oct 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
Hmm I have never for once witness or see my mom go to the market,I don't like going to the market either,those women are too harsh and fat,them get mouth pass anything lol

Pricing wey dey b lyke quarrel. Las las they will still agree on a price. It is fun, those traders dey call high price.

24 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2021
YeyeGbami:

Pricing wey dey b lyke quarrel. Las las they will still agree on a price. It is fun, those traders dey call high price.
I rembered the first day I do over sabi go market wey dem on send me,the woman call price,I divided the price into four and expect bargain to begin, na so she look me with one correct eyes wey be say she no need talk,I quickly took to my heels and she was telling her neighbor say see this overripe pawpaw wan try her this morning,since that day I detest anything market.

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by obembet(f): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2021
mynd44 come and share your experience

PlayMaker14:

She came back from the market with only my sister's shoes, seeing how my faced changed to a Gambler who lost a ticket of N4mil because of one game

grin grin grin

I heard when the seller was telling my mom that the last price is N2000 from an initial selling price of N3,500, and in her words; [i]"Madam, your pikin go use this shoe taya

I hope the shoe last up to 5 yrs grin

My mom priced the shoe to N1200 and was even making it look like she's doing the seller a huge favor by adding the N200 on top.

The seller, with a swelled up face, reluctantly agreed and gave the canoe looking shoe to my mom.

I felt pity for the seller though, it was as if my mom targeted her that day.

We went home and all my homies started calling me "Mr. Canoe" because of the funny looking shoe which I wore for Christmas and New year pararding the streets of Warri visiting homes of Uncle's and Aunty's so they can "Do Christmas" for me.

Seriously Respect for our mothers

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Bola146(f): 10:40am On Oct 10, 2021
My mother ooo grin she can price from #2000 to #200, she can spend 4 hours in the market buying only 3 items grin grin the day my brother narrated his first experience with my mother when they went to the market together when he gained admission to the university, I laughed. He thought my mother was wicked for bringing down prizes like she gave those sellers their goods, he had to take a bike home and left her doing the marketing cheesy till tommorow I can't follow my mother to any nearby market if she is the one paying, unless I'm the one paying. We can go together and only we must be 10 feet's away from each other, I can't let those market curse me Even if you show her something you bought, please don't tell her the price especially clothes grin God bless our good mothers out there. I don't think people are still doing that again, na indomitable generation we dey

156 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by lomprico(m): 10:41am On Oct 10, 2021
Omo! my mama eh!

1 Like

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Millimann: 11:17am On Oct 10, 2021
My own is that the markets in Nigeria are usually dirty. You will be looking for where to put leg. I'm yet to see a food market that is neat.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by fattprince(m): 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
After learning from the masters, my mum and her own mum, I also price very well. If you tell me a price I ask you for last price with a serious face like I'm just gonna buy it for that amount but it's just my own way of knowing when to start my negotiations. If you go commot like #200 for me you never ready sell market.
Illustration
Bro how much palm #1500
Me: last price nko?
Seller: take am #1400 ( I can go away or ask you to talk) Oya take am 1200
Me: make I take am #800
I do this and watch the reaction if he smiles then say bros oya take am this amount. Then I know I will just deduct 100 or 200 to buy the product but if he doesn't smile and say bro take am this amount and with plenty story then I pay.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
E good make them dey price, because some sellers sabi cheat person.

Nigerian sellers don suffer for Nigerian mothers hand.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Finnestgreat: 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omo,if my mummy price something for market eh even me i dey pity the seller.On one occassion my mum priced meat that was 3,500 to 1,200.Chai i pity d seller i had to give the seller 5h extra without my mum knowing but my mum's method has really taught me how to bargain price.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
grin All the time.

I don't go to market with all these older women again.

Seller: Madam, tomatoes cost now o, this plate na 500 naira o.

Her: Ah. Money no dey. Country hard. Na 150 I get. Na two plates I wan buy o.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2021
Not my mum this time. Its my dad. If my dad takes you to the Market and price something, you'll nearly piss for pant and you can't even talk.
Sometimes when it's at the butchers, I'll be scared for him, let those butchers not go and cut his hand with that their Sharp knife.

Funnily enough, I took after him. Now if I price something, anybody that followed me wil shout or run and leave me there. grin.
Sometimes the seller will be like, " aunty you dey vex?

My mum was a very soft spoken and gentle person. So she doesn't price too much. I don't think I ever saw her haggle price.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Biglittlelois(f): 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2021
Yes my mum ehn, she can price for Africa, back then I use to pity the sellers when I follow her to the market, but now, with the way Naija is not smiling, I'm worse than her.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by 1F30M4(f): 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy I can't fit talk am finish.. If only her glare could kill, I for don die teytey grin

1 Like

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Lamanii22(f): 3:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
It's even my elder sister this time.... I'm always scared that shey they will not chase us from the market bayii.... She can price eehn..
. But the magic is that they'd always agree to her price.... If it's me, any amount they call for me I'll just deduct like 200 from it.... I don't have strength to price.. even my husband can price more than me...

8 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by wunmi590(m): 4:37pm On Oct 10, 2021

I have a friend we graduated togther, chai, that guy can price for Africa....

I'm very emotional when buying things in the market, that's the more reason you can never see me in the market to but food stuff again, except items that have fixed priced like milk...

But majority of these our market women too, despite my emotion for them, if you don't open your eyes, they are ready to do you strong thing

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Sonnobax15(m): 4:37pm On Oct 10, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by obembet(f): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Nicklaus619(m): 7:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
Yes, every demm time that year

So i was 10, my mum took us to the market to get me and my siblings Christmas clothes and shoes.
I already told mumcy the kinda shoe I want, the one that when u match it, it will start to blink light and sings too.

So, I immediately pointed the one I wanted to mum and the following convo ensued between seller and mumcy

Mumcy: how much is this one my pikin point so?
Seller: mama the mama, Nah just #2,500
Mumcy looked at him as if she wanted to slap his face and said.

Mumcy: Make I pay #600 Nah, the shoe self no fine
That's my mum trying to use mouth reduce the value and worth of the shoe cheesy

The seller started laughing at the ridiculous price my mum is calling cheesy

I pinched my mum and scream are u kidding me shocked

And mumcy landed me a headache triggered knock on my head, and ended up buying the one I didnt like, I couldn't cry because Nah inside market, Nah so I hold my self reach house before popcy asked, Nick why the long face,

I opened mouth to explain and that was how I busted into uncontrollable hot tears grin cheesy

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by adisabarber(m): 7:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
Those sellers sef too dey add money. Especially meat sellers

3 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by drennie(m): 7:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
After learning from the masters, my mum and her own mum, I also price very well. If you tell me a price I ask you for last price with a serious face like I'm just gonna buy it for that amount but it's just my own way of knowing when to start my negotiations.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Charmingrascal(m): 7:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
I have an uncle who can price deadbody for one kobo.

I hated following him out, he would go to the market by himself.
He would start pricing stuffs from the beginning of the market to the end to the extent of him becoming popular among market women.

As for my Mum she is always considerate when pricing, many people say I don't know how to negotiate price but I am very sure I am still far better than my mum.

5 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by cardoctor(m): 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
Many times sef
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by sonnie10: 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
Mine is that I was always ready to defend her because I use to feel that the seller might attack her but they never did. Although they were some rude ones that would just get angry and say they don't want to sell again. Some would even ignore us and if we want to leave , they still call us back. I still don't understand that game.
The one that pains me most is that, not as if my mother did not have even more than enough to pay.

6 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by jaxxy(m): 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
Yes several times I can’t even count. It’s cos of where she’s from. They are notorious misers by nature grin

4 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by TotoGame(m): 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
Forget about the bargaining stuff

Once followed my grandmother to market....I ended up greeting almost half of the people in the market that day .

Very stressful

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Donpeexx(m): 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
Yes o
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by googlepikins: 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
Don't attend events where your mom is one of the people that cooked the food

17 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Shellsploit: 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
Its going to be a thread...
Back then IN 2008, i used to follow my mum to agege ojurin market. On that particular day, she wanted to buy meat from her customer and the following ensues...

My mom: customer how much be meat
Meat seller: na N2000
My mom: picks meat and surveys it, drops meat. How much last
Meat seller: oya bring N1900
My mom: drops meat, u no gree N1500
Meat seller: oya come take am for N1700
My mom: u no gree N500 grin grin grin
Meat seller: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Na dis big meat u dey price 500, alaroro oshi, abeg comot for shop make i dey see road.
My mom: ah ah, u no know customer again.

Naso shame just catch me. After that day i no dey follow am go market again.

17 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by GreaterFuture(m): 7:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
No, we price like normal people.
We try to get a good deal as much as we can, but not to cheat the other person

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby / Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? / Little Boy Cries Over Guinness, Rejects Water Or Any Other Drink(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.