Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,295 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? (25158 Views)

If Your Grandma Slaps Your Mum In Your Presence What Will You Do? / What’s Your Mum’s Favorite Statement When Angry? / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:08pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ijebu And Aroro are like 5/6
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Reflect7: 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
Lamanii22:
It's even my elder sister this time.... I'm always scared that shey they will not chase us from the market bayii.... She can price eehn..
. But the magic is that they'd always agree to her price.... If it's me, any amount they call for me I'll just deduct like 200 from it.... I don't have strength to price.. even my husband can price more than me...

lol

1 Like

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Fisiryorh(m): 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
I literally stoped going to the market with mii momcee coz of this...

I dey pity the sellers wella..
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Reflect7: 10:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
ghettochild:
I realized it's only in Nigeria people dey price things.....
Over here there's price tag or standard price

''Over here'' means the rest of the world abi?

No use your head talk.
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by TheWolfen(m): 10:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Pkkelly(m): 10:38pm On Oct 10, 2021
fattprince:
After learning from the masters, my mum and her own mum, I also price very well. If you tell me a price I ask you for last price with a serious face like I'm just gonna buy it for that amount but it's just my own way of knowing when to start my negotiations. If you go commot like #200 for me you never ready sell market.
Illustration
Bro how much palm #1500
Me: last price nko?
Seller: take am #1400 ( I can go away or ask you to talk) Oya take am 1200
Me: make I take am #800
I do this and watch the reaction if he smiles then say bros oya take am this amount. Then I know I will just deduct 100 or 200 to buy the product but if he doesn't smile and say bro take am this amount and with plenty story then I pay.

Smile ke!!...Omo nobody dey smile for Nigerian market again ooo
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by ghettochild(m): 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
Reflect7:

''Over here'' means the rest of the world abi?

No use your head talk.

You b fool
If u have been following my comments u will know I used that term for where I currently reside atimes if i don't directly say here in SA. .
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by ghettochild(m): 10:53pm On Oct 10, 2021
seunny4lif:

Baba, I still dey price for African shop oooh
Forget that thing grin
U sef u hear wetin u talk.. African shop wey b say na west Africans dey run am..
Why u no go price?
U for like enter spar or shop rite and price na�
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by seunny4lif(m): 11:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
Haba
We dey price for Spar etc but the thing be say na promo price grin
ghettochild:

U sef u hear wetin u talk.. African shop wey b say na west Africans dey run am..
Why u no go price?
U for like enter spar or shop rite and price na�
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Abeos(m): 11:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
I usually don't like following my mum to market because of this bargaining thing, the way she'll price things especially meat down makes me bewildered
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by knowhowk: 11:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
I do Distant myself oooo
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by mmorah6: 12:11am On Oct 11, 2021
I follow my grandmother go market to buy yam she price yam we dey key 7k to 1200 the thing shock me I swaer
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by AngelicBeing: 12:25am On Oct 11, 2021
Shellsploit:
Its going to be a thread...
Back then IN 2008, i used to follow my mum to agege ojurin market. On that particular day, she wanted to buy meat from her customer and the following ensues...

My mom: customer how much be meat
Meat seller: na N2000
My mom: picks meat and surveys it, drops meat. How much last
Meat seller: oya bring N1900
My mom: drops meat, u no gree N1500
Meat seller: oya come take am for N1700
My mom: u no gree N500 grin grin grin
Meat seller: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Na dis big meat u dey price 500, alaroro oshi, abeg comot for shop make i dey see road.
My mom: ah ah, u no know customer again.

Naso shame just catch me. After that day i no dey follow am go market again.

Hian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by kunleiky(m): 3:12am On Oct 11, 2021
My mum. Hmm
She would price goods , I would be shocked
I would look the seller with fear to read his/her reaction.
It's how my mum would leave me with one of her customers' shop and go price stuff for almost 3 hours. Mostly on Sundays. It's not funny.
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by myrates: 4:44am On Oct 11, 2021
jaxxy:
Yes several times I can’t even count. It’s cos of where she’s from. They are notorious misers by nature grin
Ijebu grin grin
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Ladycewhy(f): 5:00am On Oct 11, 2021
seunny4lif:

Learn am quick because even things in supermarkets, I go still price am for them to reduce price grin

Naira hard wink
lol,price for supermarket ,you na don for pricing , you go teach me then grin
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Rapture4real(m): 6:37am On Oct 11, 2021
Your mum really tried. If you know how these sellers deal with men and someone who doesn't know about these products, you won't pity any seller. They will collect the money back from someone who doesn't know how to price goods like me. I can't forget my experience buying clothes in Ogunpa Ibadan. This man friendly disposition was something else but it pained me to realise eventually that I paid double for the actual price. Some of them can even buy you malt esp. in Gbagi if you want to buy clothes. Don't fall for it.
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by rotile247(m): 7:03am On Oct 11, 2021
Beebah2000:
E good make them dey price, because some sellers sabi cheat person.

Nigerian sellers don suffer for Nigerian mothers hand.

It was a way of price control then in those days because Sellers knew market women (who were predominantly buyers then) would never take face value price but would always get a bargain hence Sellers try as much as possible to cut down their cost such as purchase price, transport cost etc.

Have you seen where some Sellers with large goods are bargaining transportation? It's usually interesting.

Also don't forget that some of our mothers also sell things or know the price at source and would have calculated the transport and profit margin before bargaining.

N.B No Seller ever sell at a loss but would always call high price and get away with it especially with those that can't bargain.

But this administration has destroyed everything as the economy is on free fall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by debbydams(f): 7:23am On Oct 11, 2021
Pumpumking:

You again??
ok so u pay yor boyfriend for sexxx price...correct?....this is A Shamefull acts please stop....ladys dont do that angry
anyways was yor nomba so I can buy u credit to cal me again please? smiley

u are very stupid..Idiot if u ever quote me I'll report you, ode
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Heartdanny(f): 7:57am On Oct 11, 2021
My grandma will always follow me when ever I want to grand casava just to price it herself. As old as I was then I will be pushing the barrow she will be walking behind me and everybody in the street will be looking at us.
If we gets there, she will just walk straight to the owner not minding if is my turn or not untie the head of her wrapper bring out the amount she wants to pay and put in the person's hand vom she will go. They will now start runing after her shouting mama mama cos she have given them like 1/5 of the actual price.
Shame no go allow me do like I no wetin them dey do. I go just go one corner go sedon.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Deejay777(m): 7:59am On Oct 11, 2021
My mama sabi price something ehn. She dey price stuff to the point wey I no dey pity only the seller again, I go start to dey pity the thing wey she wan buy, say "bro, see as dem dey useless ur life".
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by cayorday89(m): 8:03am On Oct 11, 2021
fattprince:
After learning from the masters, my mum and her own mum, I also price very well. If you tell me a price I ask you for last price with a serious face like I'm just gonna buy it for that amount but it's just my own way of knowing when to start my negotiations. If you go commot like #200 for me you never ready sell market.
Illustration
Bro how much palm #1500
Me: last price nko?
Seller: take am #1400 ( I can go away or ask you to talk) Oya take am 1200
Me: make I take am #800
I do this and watch the reaction if he smiles then say bros oya take am this amount. Then I know I will just deduct 100 or 200 to buy the product but if he doesn't smile and say bro take am this amount and with plenty story then I pay.
Bro we are on this together, as the only boy if the family, o follow my mum to the market always so I can help with carrying some of the things she bought, that pricing thing takes the whole day, now it is part of me unconsciously as I price like say tomorrow no dey as per say person dey manage... I price banana one day the seller ask shey na woman send me as I dey price like woman.
kunleiky:
My mum. Hmm
She would price goods , I would be shocked
I would look the seller with fear to read his/her reaction.
It's how my mum would leave me with one of her customers' shop and go price stuff for almost 3 hours. Mostly on Sundays. It's not funny.
I also prefer staying in a customer's shop and watch over the one she already purchased while she goes on to buy others, but those waiting periods can be boring as there was no phone then, you just stare at every passer by but it's better than waking about different shops trying to get the cheapest bargain...

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by RosyIsBlessed: 8:09am On Oct 11, 2021
Respect mothers please.
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Semaj77(m): 9:27am On Oct 11, 2021
obembet:
Has your mum ever priced something in your presence and you start to pity the seller?

See some hilarious comments here and share your experience

My mum doesn't price that much , she's just an average "pricer" , she can price from 10k to 7k and pay but you see my aunty , that woman can price. I once went with her to the market and the seller started with a price of 1500 and my aunt just said " shey ko gba 200 ni ?" , I first took a step back thinking the man may suddenly attack us , how do you go from 1500 to 200 , that woman is heartless
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by lorhema(f): 10:52am On Oct 11, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/
The good news is that the seller will never sell at a loss.

So the thrifty mother is just being smart.

/

Exactly.

My offspring is getting to understand this fact. Now practising the "bargain and walk away to be called back" and the "first buyer in the morning" techniques. Used to complain that I was hard on the sellers.
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by kunleiky(m): 11:04am On Oct 11, 2021
cayorday89:

Bro we are on this together, as the only boy if the family, o follow my mum to the market always so I can help with carrying some of the things she bought, that pricing thing takes the whole day, now it is part of me unconsciously as I price like say tomorrow no dey as per say person dey manage... I price banana one day the seller ask shey na woman send me as I dey price like woman.

I also prefer staying in a customer's shop and watch over the one she already purchased while she goes on to buy others, but those waiting periods can be boring as there was no phone then, you just stare at every passer by but it's better than waking about different shops trying to get the cheapest bargain...
Spot on!
No phone, nothing. You can imagine those boring moments.
Person go look passers-by tire. When I looked back and I would smile.
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by benjanny(m): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
No My Mum Knows How To Price Very Well
Na My Elder Dey Price Like One Kind Person
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by fattprince(m): 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
Pkkelly:

Smile ke!!...Omo nobody dey smile for Nigerian market again ooo
Yeah. That's true though. Made me remember one man selling meat. He was smiling when I came to him but was frowning when I left. He even said he was happy because I looked like someone that doesn't know how to buy until I shocked him. I can't blame him though because my Uncle asked me to buy #3000 meat. I bought #1200, #800 and #700 making #2700 but my Uncle saw only the #1200 and was complaining that he didn't know it will be that much that he wouldn't have but upto that amount. He was confused when he saw the rest. Yeah, he lives abroad with his wife and come home occasionally. Before you people will come for my head that I'm lying, this like 9-10 years ago so it's not now that I will finish #3k meat only me. Even then when he said #3000 meat I thought we were going to have like 5-7 guests for like 3 days. Because it was just the 2 of us. I no even carry mind go say he no Sabi how plenty the meat go be.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by fattprince(m): 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
lorhema:

Exactly.

My offspring is getting to understand this fact. Now practising the "bargain and walk away to be called back" and the "first buyer in the morning" techniques. Used to complain that I was hard on the sellers.
I do bargain and walk away but I don't do first buyer. Even when I walk away if I have the money I don't go to another shop. So if he doesn't call me back I just go and pass another route and buy it and sometimes I guilt trip by saying you Sha don GBA me las las
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by bukatyne(f): 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
angelfallz:
The bolded,
How would you do all that walking around and still have energy to cook when you get home? Me I'm in and out, and I don't cook on the day I go to the market.

Sometimes I cook same day, sometimes I don't.

I don't see walking around the market as a chore so I am not mentally tired.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by vikgreen01(m): 6:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
debbydams:
lol I nd my bf wennt to get attachment,I wanted to started pricing, babe was like are u the one paying,I just do pim grin

Where’s the bf grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make Vegetable Soup With Bitter Leaves And Water Leaves. / Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age / Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.