Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,222 members, 7,860,415 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:44 AM

As Gej Crashed The Price Of Cement, Let Him Also Crash Call Tarrif: Wat Do U Think? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Gej Crashed The Price Of Cement, Let Him Also Crash Call Tarrif: Wat Do U Think? (661 Views)

PDP Confirms Sambo As Gej's Running Mate / Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War / Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Gej Crashed The Price Of Cement, Let Him Also Crash Call Tarrif: Wat Do U Think? by Ofido(m): 1:50pm On May 31, 2011
I jst went out on a market survey and found out that the price of cement have relatively gone down small ooo to 1,800naira i beleive its a good starting point and am also urging our dear president uncle Joe Boy to plz tell this cabals in the telecommunication industry to step down call price or be butted out of bussiness.

It affects us the masses more so i call on all Nigeria to join this call for a beter Nigeria, lets start some where, lets start by asking this GSM companies to plz reduce call tarrif by 50 percent on or before 30 day or face the dance.

AM TAKING A STAND FOR THE NIGERIA OF MY DREAM, WHAT OF YOU?

Ofido Evaristus Omega writes from Awka, Anambra state Nigeria
Re: As Gej Crashed The Price Of Cement, Let Him Also Crash Call Tarrif: Wat Do U Think? by jmaine: 1:56pm On May 31, 2011
Are the present call tariffs not low among all the major players  . . .  though with time, further aggressive competition by the telecoms companies  will lead to a further crash with the market force determining what happens on the tariff playgrounds . . .
Re: As Gej Crashed The Price Of Cement, Let Him Also Crash Call Tarrif: Wat Do U Think? by Seun(m): 2:30pm On May 31, 2011
What was the price of cement before GEJ 'crashed' it to 1800 per bag?
Re: As Gej Crashed The Price Of Cement, Let Him Also Crash Call Tarrif: Wat Do U Think? by Kobojunkie: 2:33pm On May 31, 2011
I read somewhere that the price of the commodity, rose over a period of 2 months to about N2400 , from N1600-N 1700
Re: As Gej Crashed The Price Of Cement, Let Him Also Crash Call Tarrif: Wat Do U Think? by Bawss1(m): 2:41pm On May 31, 2011
While GEJ is at it let him crash the cost air travel, DSTV subscription rates and meals at Mr Biggs. cheesy
jmaine:

Are the present call tariffs not low among all the major players  . . .  though with time, further aggressive competition by the telecoms companies  will lead to a further crash with the market force determining what happens on the tariff playgrounds . . .

Well said.
Re: As Gej Crashed The Price Of Cement, Let Him Also Crash Call Tarrif: Wat Do U Think? by wesley80(m): 3:33pm On May 31, 2011
Perharps govt intervention would have been possible if we still had Mtel/Nitel in operation through which the govt would have initiated low prices and effectively forced other operators to follow suit, right now the govt has got either of two options:
1) Provide infrastructures that wld reduce running cost and in turn reduce prices
2)Pray that mkt forces act quickly enough to reduce prices
Direct intervention by regulatory bodies wld make the ngrn mkt as a whole unattractive to foreign investors so the govt isnt keen on doing so and the mkt isnt such that can be impacted overnight even if the govt had the will to do so. We've got a sellers mkt and the operators r havin a ball.
This is one of the reasons i'm not an advocate of Privatization, Liberalization is always a better option.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Blaming The Leaders / “house Help” Gone Bad: U.s. Convicts Another Nigerian Of Trafficking / 1,000 Nigerians Killed In Post-election Violence, Say Sultan, Can

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.