Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Confused Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Confused Wife (3085 Views)

Boy Shows His Zanku Legwork, Gbe Body Dance Moves, People Confused About His Age / Confused Wife. / Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused Wife by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
Good evening all, I have been a guest of this forum for some years now, I
decided to register after reading a story shared yesterday by NPTJ to also share
mine and asked for advice as i am really confused right now.
Although my own case is different as i am legally married.
My husband and I have been married for five years now with two wonderful
kids.
Aside the reason for this thread, He's a very good husband and father to our
kids.
The issue is , he doesn't want me to go to the village with the children that
automatically means I can't go as I'm still breastfeeding our second child , I
cannot leave him and travel as he's not even up to one year.
My husband and my parents stays in different states. We went to the village
last year July and there's no plan of going this year, whenever I raise discussion about the issue he
simply replied that we'll go when there's a need for us to go.
I hardly go for any function in the village except it directly involves my parents.
This has brought a lot of issues between my nuclear and my extended families.
It wasn't like this when we married newly, we do visits them then and even go
during Christmas holidays but all that changed when we had our first child, he
feels we can't take the child to the village so that "village people" will not
attack him.
We've quarrelled about this severally yet nothing changes, I am tired of arguing
about this .
Please married folks, am I suppose to abandoned my extended family just
because I am married? Please I need matured advice before I do something
that I will regret.
Is my husband right on this ? has anyone been in my position, please help me.
He goes to his village whenever he has any issue to sort out but I cannot

1 Like

Re: Confused Wife by Bola146(f): 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2021
I don't know why you are willing to go to the village? Is your concubine there? Na by force to attend village ceremonies? He is your husband! He knows better! Don't destroy your happy home because of village party. You knew him before you got married to him. You should let your parents understand why your husband is not allowing you to attend functioning. Don't compare your home with others, fingers are not equal, what you can do in one family, you can't dare to do it in another family. Face your darling husband and beg him to forgive you of nagging, promise him your love.

Modified; Nobody said you should ignore your parents, You knew this before marrying him. You were expecting me to say you should leave him or continue giving him wahala grin please when next there is a village party, just go without letting your husband to know or leave him and go and marry someone who will allow you to attend village ceremonies, please prove your name as fearless mom cheesy Shalom

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused Wife by Righteousness2(m): 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2021
There is no reason to be Confused.

Listen to your Hubby. He is your Husband and the Father to your kids.
The days are damn Evil , terrible and Wicked. He is trying not to Expose the kids to Unnecessary issues and Prayer points.

Your People can visit you in your home till when He deems it fit to take the kids to the village.

5 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
fearlessmum:
decided to register after reading a story shared yesterday by NPTJ to also share
kids.
kids.
last year July and there's no plan of going this year, whenever I raise discussion about the issue he
I hardly go for any function in the village except it directly involves my parents.
attack him.
We've quarrelled about this severally yet nothing changes, I am tired of arguing
about this .
that I will regret.

Please submit to your husband and obey his instructions...stop giving him issues or nagging him...simply take it to God in prayers and watch as ur husband changes his language
Trust GOD and pray...

5 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by cybersoldiers: 6:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
fearlessmum:
kids.
kids.
attack him.
about this .
that I will regret.

Madam, please your husband should be your everything.

You're to be under the authority of your husband ma.

Please when you're married, you're married and a family.

Your husband first.
Re: Confused Wife by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
fearlessmum:
during Christmas holidays but all that changed when we had our first child, he feels we can't take the child to the village so that "village people" will not attack him.
We've quarrelled about this severally yet nothing changes, I am tired of arguing about this .
Please married folks, am I suppose to abandoned my extended family just because I am married? Please I need matured advice before I do something that I will regret.
So is it that his village and your village are no-go areas or is this just your village people that could attack him and his kids? undecided

Each marriage contract is meant to to unique meaning you are both to, as a couple, decide for yourselves,
what you want out of your union and what you don't want. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by Bornbiafra: 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2021
Focus on your family and leave village people and your extended, nuclear family alone...

Be at peace with his decision and enjoy your home ....

People are avoiding village and village people but you are running to them..

Receive sense and build your home with your husband...that's the only family that you need.since he usually support you when it's concern your parents

4 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by mariahAngel(f): 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2021
[s]
cybersoldiers:

Your husband first.
[/s]

Your understanding of marriage is slavery!

9 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Oct 10, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Please submit to your husband and obey his instructions...stop giving him issues or nagging him...simply take it to God in prayers and watch as ur husband changes his language
Trust GOD and pray...
Submission is a curse placed on marriage by God from which those who live in Jesus Christ are meant to be redeemed from. undecided

Sadly, so many of you claim you are Jesus Christ while still bowing down to the curse.... recall, you cannot serve two masters in the Kingdom of God. By bowing down in submission to the curse, you forfeit your chances at God and His Heaven.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Confused Wife by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bola146:
I don't know why you are willing to go to the village? Is your concubine there? Na by force to attend village ceremonies? He is your husband! You knew him before you got married to him. You should let your parents understand why your husband is not allowing you to attend functioning.
Concubine? really lipsrsealed
Bola146:
I don't know why you are willing to go to the village? Is your concubine there? Na by force to attend village ceremonies? He is your husband! You knew him before you got married to him. You should let your parents understand why your husband is not allowing you to attend functioning.
Concubine? really, I hope you don't visit your parents. Thank you for your advice

8 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by mariahAngel(f): 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2021
SanctifiedSista:

Trust GOD and pray...

So, she has no rights to take her children to go see their grandparents -her parents?

7 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by Bola146(f): 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2021
fearlessmum:

Concubine? really lipsrsealed
Concubine? really, I hope you don't visit your parents. Thank you for your advice

grin I have seen my parents now since over two years but we do video calls almost everyday including my siblings especially on conference calls. So if your parents are not in the country, na by force to go and meet them? You said party? Visit parents? This is digital time, send them money to buy good phone for video calls. Please don't destroy your home and come back here seeking for advice, good and responsible husband are very rare to find Shalom

9 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
SanctifiedSista:

Trust GOD and pray...
Iam very submissive to my husband and I don't nag.
But is it wrong for me to visits my parents?

1 Like

Re: Confused Wife by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
cybersoldiers:

Your husband first.
With this your mentality I don't think you're married

4 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by Bola146(f): 6:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
fearlessmum:

With this your mentality I don't think you're married

grin
Re: Confused Wife by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bornbiafra:
Focus on your family and leave village people and your extended, nuclear family alone...

Be at peace with his decision and enjoy your home ....

People are avoiding village and village people but you are running to them..

Receive sense and build your home with your husband...that's the only family that you need.since he usually support you when it's concern your parents
So because I'm married I s should forget about my extended family right? I can't even visit them so as to build my home
Re: Confused Wife by Bornbiafra: 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
fearlessmum:

So because I'm married I s should forget about my extended family right? I can't even visit them so as to build my home
if you have the answer to the advice you needed then there is no need seeking for advice .....

I just gave you my own advice if it's not needed then kindly divorce him and park to your village people

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confused Wife by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bola146:
I don't know why you are willing to go to the village? Is your concubine there? Na by force to attend village ceremonies? He is your husband! He knows better! Don't destroy your happy home because of village party. You knew him before you got married to him. You should let your parents understand why your husband is not allowing you to attend functioning. Don't compare your home with others, fingers are not equal, what you can do in one family, you can't dare to do it in another family. Face your darling husband and beg him to forgive you of nagging, promise him your love.

Modified; You knew this before marrying him. You were expecting me to say you should leave him or continue giving him wahala grin please when next there is a village party, just go with letting your husband to know or leave him and go and marry someone who will allow you to attend village ceremonies, please prove your name as fearless mom cheesy Shalom
He wasn't like this when we married newly, he changed after we had our first child.
Anyways, thank you
Re: Confused Wife by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2021
mariahAngel:

So, she has no rights to take her children to go see their grandparents -her parents?
Please ask her for me oh, God bless you
Re: Confused Wife by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
Righteousness2:
There is no reason to be Confused.

Listen to your Hubby. He is your Husband and the Father to your kids.
The days are damn Evil , terrible and Wicked. He is trying not to Expose the kids to Unnecessary issues and Prayer points.

Your People can visit you in your home till when He deems it fit to take the kids to the village.
I was raised in th village why did they not harm or kill me? hmmmmm
Re: Confused Wife by Truvelisback(m): 7:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
fearlessmum:
kids.
kids.
attack him.
about this .
that I will regret.
Why u like village like dis? Abi ur placenta dey there?

Re: Confused Wife by Bola146(f): 7:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
fearlessmum:

He wasn't like this when we married newly, he changed after we had our first child.
Anyways, thank you

Okay madam, he is human being, just continue to care for him and pray to God what you want him to do. He can't conclude that you shouldn't go, he will definitely allow you one day, it's a matter of time and how you service him with good sex and good foods. He will just tell you one day to make a wish which he will grant you. You know how to do that wink Don't let people tell you that you are living inside slavery! One man's food is another man's poison, don't take unnecessary advise from friends nor family members who take shit from their marriage but lie outside claiming their happy home, they want to push you out of your home, they will be the first person to blame you, ignore them please

8 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by techWriter3: 7:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
Concubine? really, I chance you haven't trip your children. congratulate you for your tips
Re: Confused Wife by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 10, 2021
techWriter3:
Concubine? really, I chance you haven't trip your children. congratulate you for your tips
I don't get you angry
techWriter3:
I don't get you
Re: Confused Wife by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bola146:

Okay madam, he is human being, just continue to care for him and pray to God what you want him to do. He can't conclude that you shouldn't go, he will definitely allow you one day, it's a matter of time and how you service him with good sex and good foods. He will just tell you one day to make a wish which he will grant you. You know how to do that wink
Thanks for your time , I pray he changes is mind
Re: Confused Wife by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
For those asking why i like village, well my parents are there should i abandon them simply because I'm married? He never discussed this with me before marriage otherwise i wouldn't have married him.

2 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by Omakraid(f): 7:29pm On Oct 10, 2021
I think your husband doesn't want you to be to frequent in the village. Trust me your nuclear family are happy with you and all that has to do with you whenever they see you but you may not be able to genuinely say that about your extended family and other villagers.. You did not see anything wrong with it because you grew there and actually there's nothing wrong with it. My people also say "if you have a bountiful harvest of yam, you don't expose it to the world while you eat".
Myself and my siblings didn't grow up in the village but had life changing experiences because our parents who grew up there took us there which my mum deeply regretted as she knew what she nursed after then. Though my mum is currently there but I'd prefer she comes down to Abuja than I go down there.
Sit with your husband, let him tell you why he insists. He might have experiences he has never shared with you or some other reasons. Get to know his reason and above all, keep your Home because daddy and mummy kept theirs.

3 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by SanctifiedSista(f): 7:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
fearlessmum:

Iam very submissive to my husband and I don't nag.
But is it wrong for me to visits my parents?

It is not wrong but u are already speaking with them everyday..besides u visited them last year... grin grin grin grin lol, u are seriously a baby..am serious though, don't bring it up again unless Ur man will tink u don't know how to stay one place

2 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by SanctifiedSista(f): 7:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
mariahAngel:

She went last year ..there is nothing wrong but obey ur husband and take it to ur first Love, our Lord Jesus Christ..HE is perfect at turning evry heart..allow him to suggest it

4 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omakraid:
I think your husband doesn't want you to be to frequent in the village. Trust me your nuclear family are happy with you and all that has to do with you whenever they see you but you may not be able to genuinely say that about your extended family and other villagers.. You did not see anything wrong with it because you grew there and actually there's nothing wrong with it. My people also say "if you have a bountiful harvest of yam, you don't expose it to the world while you eat".
Myself and my siblings didn't grow up in the village but had life changing experiences because our parents who grew up there took us there which my mum deeply regretted as she knew what she nursed after then. Though my mum is currently there but I'd prefer she comes down to Abuja than I go down there.
Sit with your husband, let him tell you why he insists. He might have experiences he has never shared with you or some other reasons. Get to know his reason and above all, keep your Home because daddy and mummy kept theirs.
Wow! thanks for sharing your story, is not as if I want to be going to the village every month, atleast once in a year is okay for me.
Re: Confused Wife by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
SanctifiedSista:

It is not wrong but u are already speaking with them everyday..besides u visited them last year... grin grin grin grin lol, u are seriously a baby..am serious though, don't bring it up again unless Ur man will tink u don't know how to stay one place
Smiles, I will let it slide
Re: Confused Wife by Acidosis(m): 9:46pm On Oct 10, 2021
Your husband allowed you to visit your village last year, despite lockdown, scamdemic? What a good man.

If I were your husband, you won't step a foot in your village for the next 10 years for nagging my life because of your village people.

Asides from wicked village people, aren't you worried about the activities of unknown gunmen/kidnappers?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Son Doesn't Want To Eat / What Attracts You To A Particular Nairalander? / The Financially Virtuous Woman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.