Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. (26074 Views)

I Mistakenly Borrowed From A Loan App #15,000 To Pay #19,500 In 2 Weeks [Pics] / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account / Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by syntekelite(m): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2021
The person has commited no crime yet, except he spends the money then that will be a moral issue cause it was ur mistake, just beg your bank to give u the persons number so you can call and plead or they should help you block the guys acc temporarily so he wont be able to withdraw the money while they call him to return the money.. but the later is hard cos banks dont usually help out in such situations.. just try your luck..
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by jimmyvic(m): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2021
You've sown a good seed into someone's life...God bless you brother
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by teacherbim(f): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2021
sureway1:
Go to the bank, get his/her Number call... You'll be surprise that people are different..

The person might just refund you..
Bank will not disclose the beneficiary contact.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by duro4chang(m): 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2021
gidado14:
you no de pay tithe this month grin grin grin
Is that how you pay ya tithe?
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by chukwuibuipob: 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2021
sad Why not call Access bank/go and complain to their CCS..OKORO sad grin grin pray he's a born again Christian lipsrsealed
Strongdickfresh:
Dear esteem Nairalanders,

I use the Eco bank mobile app to mistakenly transfer N10,000 to a wrong person I don't know nor seen before. I went to a POS provider agent/stand to withdraw N10,000. However, I mistakenly transfer the money to Ideyi Okoro Joseph of Access bank with account number 0064999199. The time of the transfer is 06:50 PM, on Sunday 10 of October, 2021. I don't know the person and I had never set my eye on him before. It was a wrong transfer. See the details of the transaction below:

AMOUNT: NGN 10,000.00
BENEFICIARY NAME: IDEYI OKORO JOSEPH
DATE: Sunday, 10 October 2021, 06:50 PM
TRANSACTION TYPE: other-local-banks
SENDER NAME:
BENEFICIARY ACCOUNT: 0064999199
DESTINATION BANK: Access Bank

I wanted to transfer the N10,000 to SARAH AVWEROTE of Access bank with account number 0064999198. She is a POS service provider agent. I went to her stand to withdraw money. I made a wrong transfer due to typographical error. I mistakenly type account number 0064999199 instead of 006499198 and 10,000 was transferred to Ideyi Okoro Joseph.

Please what can I do to retrieve the N10,000.00 ? It Is possible for the to retrieve the money.

Please bankers and accountants in this esteem forum should guide me on what to do.

Thanks

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2021
So because of a 10k mistake you made, a lien should be placed on the beneficiary's account?

Not fair.

If you had released your mind from it with cheerfulness, you'd have gotten way more than that miraculously.

5 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by omoadeleye(m): 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2021
Strongdickfresh:

I use the Eco bank mobile app to mistakenly transfer N10,000 to a wrong person I don't know nor seen before. I went to a POS provider agent/stand to withdraw N10,000. However, I mistakenly transfer the money to Ideyi Okoro Joseph of Access bank with account number 0064999199. The time of the transfer is 06:50 PM, on Sunday 10 of October, 2021. I don't know the person and I had never set my eye on him before. It was a wrong transfer. See the details of the transaction below:

SENDER NAME:

I wanted to transfer the N10,000 to SARAH AVWEROTE of Access bank with account number 0064999198. She is a POS service provider agent. I went to her stand to withdraw money. I made a wrong transfer due to typographical error. I mistakenly type account number 0064999199 instead of 006499198 and 10,000 was transferred to Ideyi Okoro Joseph.

Please what can I do to retrieve the N10,000.00 ? It Is possible for the to retrieve the money.

Please bankers and accountants in this esteem forum should guide me on what to do.

Thanks

So you hide your own info and posted innocent people...

No wonder you mistakenly credited someone else account, you are do selfish.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Offpoint1: 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2021
grin grin why do I find this funny?
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by MANDIPUTIN: 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2021
Strongdickfresh:

SENDER NAME:

Thanks
Initiate a conversation via customer care with your bank (Ecobank) and detail your transaction to them. They'll liaise with Access Bank to reverse the money using the transaction ID. You can reach Access Bank but its unlikely to retrieve your money except through the complain you initiated via Ecobank.

Initiate a conversation via customer care with your bank (Ecobank) and detail your transaction to them. They'll liaise with Access Bank to reverse the money using the transaction ID. You can reach Access Bank but they're unlikely to retrieve the money except through the complain you initiated via Ecobank.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Ashirioluwa: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2021
sureway1:
Go to the bank, get his/her Number call... You'll be surprise that people are different..

The person might just refund you..

Not easy like that because no bank will give you customer’s information

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Joseph08(m): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2021
Offpoint1:
grin grin why do I find this funny?

Because someone somewhere has just been blessed grin
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Nylonbag: 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2021
You should forget the money,Nigerian banks are useless.They wont help you to claim it
I sent money to someone by mistake,till now i am yet to get the money back and they have sent message to me that the case is closed
That is why most fraudsters are still using their personal account to scam people,bank wont do anything
You should patiently wait for your turn if it has never happened to you

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by teacherbim(f): 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2021
This happened to me last month,I mistakenly transferred 80k to a wrong account. I didn't notice until after 5 hours,I sent a message to them on Instagram,I was advised to to visit my bank,I did and was asked to fill a form.

I was told that returning g the money by the beneficiary would be on a good faith.
I was asked to wait for 10 working days.
It was a seriouss case but fortunately for me I was able to get the person contact while I entered the details on WhatsApp, she is someone I had a business with some 2 years ago,I contacted her and she told me she received the money but she tried to withdraw it but the money was frozen.
I begged her to go back to the bank, she went and wrote consent letter.

After 3 days my money was reverted.

Before I got the person contact I asked the two banks involve to give me her contact but they refused

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by OneKinGuy(m): 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2021
Why would you post the person's details and name but end up covering yours??

If am the person and I saw this, u ain't getting shit bank.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by superCleanworks(m): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2021
Strongdickfresh:

SENDER NAME:

see how you cleverly blanked your own name but spelt out the guy's name in capital letters.
do you know the damage you can be doing to such a fellow right now?
if i was that guy, i would NEVER return the money after this unwanted publicity for chacha 10k.
he did not steal your money or beg you.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Revolva(m): 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2021
Nylonbag:
You should forget the money,Nigerian banks are useless.They wont help you to claim it
I sent money to someone by mistake,till now i am yet to get the money back and they have sent message to me that the case is closed
That is why most fraudsters are still using their personal account to scam people,bank wont do anything
You should patiently wait for your turn if it has never happened to you

This is very truthful banks can't help you and the way many fraudsters are using banks to scam online in naija is to tell u that BVN na rubbish self

The best way to get ur money back from a scammer is court order and court order does not comes immediately it takes three weeks to prepare it ..by then the scammer go don chop d money finish ..but if u do d court order they can also put the acc on hold and press charges to summon d fraudster to come to court ..you may win the case as long as evidence de

As for mistaken transfer this guy money na 10k just forget d funds na small money bear the pain

Had it been na 100k or 50k or above try go do court order they will put the guy acc on hold and reverse any money in it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Yankee101: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2021
1. Contact your bank
2. Contact his bank
3. A court order can freeze the money in his account

But the amount is kinda small for all that expense
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Starz825(m): 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Ideyi Okoro Joseph right now...

[img]https://c./Hiiv8nrogykAAAAC/osita-osita-iheme.gif[/img]
Nairalanders..huna don craze finish cheesy
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Nylonbag: 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
Revolva:

This is very truthful banks can't help you and the way many fraudsters are using banks to scam online in naija is to tell u that BVN na rubbish self

The best way to get ur money back from a scammer is court order and court order does not comes immediately it takes three weeks to prepare it ..by then the scammer go don chop d money finish ..but if u do d court order they can also put the acc on hold and press charges to summon d fraudster to come to court ..you may win the case as long as evidence de

As for mistaken transfer this guy money na 10k just forget d funds na small money bear the pain

Had it been na 100k or 50k or above try go do court order they will put the guy acc on hold and reverse any money in it
Believe me,BVN is useless,maybe if the money is in millions bank will do something but not small amount,My own was 12k and its been 3 weeks now
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by dingbang(m): 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2021
Putting up the person's name up there doesnt just make sense. You wrongly sent money out of your lousiness and now you are trying to be mischievous. If na me wey get that account, walahi you wont see any naira because you didnt even first call to inform me about the issue yet post the person's name on social media.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by kachijack(m): 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2021
Calibrator:
Forget any bureaucracies nonsense you will be fed by the optimists here.

I will be frank with you.
That money is gone!

I agree that the money is gone because the banks will frustrate you till you decide to let go and do something meaningful with your time rather than reporting and doing fruitless follow up, I have one big amount which happened since January 2021 till date and I have given up despite all the promises and failed resolution.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by dingbang(m): 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2021
Springboot:
Even if the person is kind enough to refund you, do you think he or she will do that after putting all thier personal Information online, I hope the person tricks you and arrest you for the rubbish.
swears.. Very unprofessional of the op. Even his account details were posted untop the op's mistake. If na me be the beneficiary, one naira he no go get back.. I will sue his life out

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by bigtt76(f): 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2021
Didn't the application prompt you to check the amount and account name you were making the transfer to before doing it?

Report the transaction to your bank as fraudulent transfer for prompt response.

Strongdickfresh:

SENDER NAME:

Thanks

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by coldFLARES1(m): 3:08pm On Oct 20, 2021
Strongdickfresh:

I use the Eco bank mobile app to mistakenly transfer N10,000 to a wrong person I don't know nor seen before. I went to a POS provider agent/

I've had to deal with this situation before. #40k involved and still unresolved 3yrs after so I'd wish you luck in your pursuit.

But, there's quite some differences in our case: yours appears to have been transferred to an active account while mine was transferred to a dormant account.

I understand, standard procedure is: bank contacts the unintended recipient and persuades him to return your funds. I don't know if there's a penalty should he decline. Hope he's honorable enough return your money.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Alphageometrix: 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2021
[quote author=DoggoneDogg post=106625669]Ideyi Okoro Joseph right now...

[img]https://c./Hiiv8nrogykAAAAC/osita-osita-iheme.gif[/img][/quote
And Op right now...

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Kaybaba5(m): 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2021
tosbobby:
Go to any branch of the beneficiary bank near you and explain the issue to a customer service officer. Beg them and show the person proof of the transaction and they can help you to LIEN the beneficiary account of that amount especially if the fund is still in the beneficiary account.

After that you will be asked to write a letter regarding the issue then they will help you to contact the beneficiary and explain the situation to him/her. So, if the beneficiary agrees they can either tell the beneficiary to transfer the fund back to you or they can tell him/her to write a short letter instructing them to debit off the fund.

Ensure you visit the beneficiary bank branch early in the morning before they start getting busy. I mean ANY branch of that bank near you.
If they tell you to go that there is nothing they can do, don't leave stay there and keep begging them. Saying there is nothing they can do may mean that they don't want to embark on the process due to the stress, so still stay there and beg them they will surely do something.

I once witness a situation whereby a funds transfer officer in the process of entering the amount, he erroneously entered the transfer form serial number of 7 digit and the officer took the form and ran to the nearest bank branch of the beneficiary.
Best of luck.
U forgot to tell him that he will also need court order if not say byebye to that money. So my friend be prepared
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by EgunMogaji2: 3:11pm On Oct 20, 2021
I made a similar mistake for N25K. Same first name and similar last name, off I went.

I called my account officer immediately who directly me to their 24/7 line.

I got the money back. I’m not sure if it’s because the other persons branch is Ijebu Ode and recognizes my last name as from Ijebu Ode or because the placed a hold on his account.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by gidado14(m): 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2021
duro4chang:
Is that how you pay ya tithe?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin sorry bro go to bank you credit and make a complain they will put PND onthe account
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Samcent: 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2021
Springboot:
Instead of going to the bank, you put an innocent person's personal account Information online. You should be arrested honestly
The op goofed in this regard!
He is jeopardizing the safety of the person he put out his info online.
The risk he has exposed the person to, is far greater than the 10k he is trying to get back.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Orpe7(m): 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2021
U have buttered his bread
Shikena
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by crackhaus: 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
So because of a 10k mistake you made, a lien should be placed on the beneficiary's account?

Not fair.

If you had released your mind from it with cheerfulness, you'd have gotten way more than that miraculously.
You are trying to be funny right? cheesy
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2021
How did you manage.
Didn't you see the name before entering your pin?

Coinicidentally, on Monday, a woman was saying she got alert of 20k from an unknown person. So her friends asked her where's the money. She said she quickly transferred the money to her other account immediately she saw it before they'll remove it. I just shook my head.

Who knows if it was the same thing that happend to the sender because the woman said she was not expecting any money from anyone and she doesn't know anyone by the name that appeared on the senders receipt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why You Should Beware Of Unlicensed Online Small Loan Apps/websites / Diamond Bank Apapa Fire Incident: Bank Management Releases Official Statement / Best Loan Apps Without BVN In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.