Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. (26058 Views)

I Mistakenly Borrowed From A Loan App #15,000 To Pay #19,500 In 2 Weeks [Pics] / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account / Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Owen247: 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2021
longetivity:
Visit any access bank branch tomorrow to make a complaint, they might help you with any info you need
Same thing happened to me and both banks claimed they cant help me[ firstbank to acess bank ] 10k then.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by walesoflyf(m): 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
grin
Strongdickfresh:
Dear esteem Nairalanders,

I use the Eco bank mobile app to mistakenly transfer N10,000 to a wrong person I don't know nor seen before. I went to a POS provider agent/stand to withdraw N10,000. However, I mistakenly transfer the money to Ideyi Okoro Joseph of Access bank with account number 0064999199. The time of the transfer is 06:50 PM, on Sunday 10 of October, 2021. I don't know the person and I had never set my eye on him before. It was a wrong transfer. See the details of the transaction below:

AMOUNT: NGN 10,000.00
BENEFICIARY NAME: IDEYI OKORO JOSEPH
DATE: Sunday, 10 October 2021, 06:50 PM
TRANSACTION TYPE: other-local-banks
SENDER NAME:
BENEFICIARY ACCOUNT: 0064999199
DESTINATION BANK: Access Bank

I wanted to transfer the N10,000 to SARAH AVWEROTE of Access bank with account number 0064999198. She is a POS service provider agent. I went to her stand to withdraw money. I made a wrong transfer due to typographical error. I mistakenly type account number 0064999199 instead of 006499198 and 10,000 was transferred to Ideyi Okoro Joseph.

Please what can I do to retrieve the N10,000.00 ? It Is possible for the to retrieve the money.

Please bankers and accountants in this esteem forum should guide me on what to do.

Thanks

grin grin grin E be like say you dey beer parlor when you go do the transfer for the POS... You no see clearly.. grin grin grin
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Testimony1988(m): 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
Go to your bank and complain with evidence, next time cross check the bank details before doing the transfer, it has happened to my account, a transfer was made which I was not expecting and it was deducted since the person reported to his bank immediately.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by silibaba: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2021
titiakins:
that's an expensive mistake!

you should have checked the name na

N10k is now now an expensive mistake bah?

The money is gone.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by FabulousAutos(m): 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2021
AdaAwka1:
that money is gone, the bank wont do anything about it. Had same issue with a client last time and it never came back, cos the bank will never debit unless the beneficiary says so.

Very true. I mistakenly sent 20k from my access bank to another access bank customer. It didn't even take up to three minutes for the guy to access the money. When I complained, the customer care rep requested for police affidavit and court order. That was when I knew that my money was gone for good.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:29pm On Oct 20, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

do you would let it go if your the person in this story?

besides, They won't freeze his account. It's something resolvable

Yes, I would have let it go for that amount.

This happend to someone I know... he received a mistaken credit and his account got frozen until he showed up and made a refund.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Lamasta(m): 5:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:
Let go.
My brother I said let go
Let go for this buhari regime make he let 10k go like that haba mana
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Athemisia: 5:36pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Ideyi Okoro Joseph right now...

[img]https://c./Hiiv8nrogykAAAAC/osita-osita-iheme.gif[/img]
Guy you wicked oh grin

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Jademimah: 5:38pm On Oct 20, 2021
You need a Court order to enable the Bank transfer back your Money period!
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by ejimatic: 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2021
opera1:

Not at easy as that man.

A close friend of mine forfeited 19k same this way early this year.
If a bank makes a mistake in crediting your account it will contact you to refund it.Same applies to you.You may have to officially report it and they will assist in in its reversal.If the person. has spent it it may take some time to get it back.It is a pity that churches and mosques are increasing daily but people's consciences are dead.Why spending the money that does not belong to you?
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Springboot: 5:45pm On Oct 20, 2021
dingbang:
swears.. Very unprofessional of the op. Even his account details were posted untop the op's mistake. If na me be the beneficiary, one naira he no go get back.. I will sue his life out

The OP needs to be punished for this, let him pay thru is nose for posting online instead of going to the bank, whoever told you nairaland is a dumping ground for banking information.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by ultimateprof: 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2021
Just go to any court around your area and explain the issue to them, they will give you Court order and you will take the court order to the receivers bank and the issue will be treated immediately and you will get your money back within five working days.
The court will collect small money from you. Since the money is 10k, the court may collect like 1k that is all.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Springboot: 5:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
Jademimah:
You need a Court order to enable the Bank transfer back your Money period!

He doesn't need court order, it's not a case of scam, he should report to both banks, they will confirm from the recipient and it will be returned but I don't want him getting his money back for being foolish posting the innocent person's information online, he should be penalized.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Pharmjossy(m): 5:51pm On Oct 20, 2021
Ysquare98:
I mistakenly transfer 80k instead of 8k last 2 months to an account number , I even know the owner but he's in the east, anambra to be precise since then he has blocked My number online and offline...I went to his bank , I was told to get a court order, lawyer said I should bring 20k ...I don dey give up on the money already
Pay the lawyer and achieve ur money. It will so pain the recipient when his acc happens to debited
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Pharmjossy(m): 5:51pm On Oct 20, 2021
omurphy23456:
sincerely speaking, the process you will follow to get your money back will cost you about #12,000. looking at the amount involved it would be better you either let the 10k go or contact the receiving bank, they will help you reach out to the account holder and plead with him, this option would cost you absolutely nothing.
Can u explain how it could cost as much as 12K?
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by opera1(m): 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2021
ejimatic:
If a bank makes a mistake in crediting your account it will contact you to refund it.Same applies to you.You may have to officially report it and they will assist in in its reversal.If the person. has spent it it may take some time to get it back.It is a pity that churches and mosques are increasing daily but people's consciences are dead.Why spending the money that does not belong to you?

This is Nigeria, banks does not release money easily like that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Pharmjossy(m): 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2021
ultimateprof:
Just go to any court around your area and explain the issue to them, they will give you Court order and you will take the court order to the receivers bank and the issue will be treated immediately and you will get your money back within five working days.
The court will collect small money from you. Since the money is 10k, the court may collect like 1k that is all.

Thank me later.
Hai!!!! 1k only. Which court? Who has had similar low tarrif for court order
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by BarryBoy(m): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2021
The process of retrieving that money will cost you more than that 10,000. Just forget it and move on. If the beneficiary is kind enough, he will transfer it back to you.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by weslay: 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2021
You should have notified the bank immediately to secure the funds. Then if you have an account with Access bank contact your account officer to help contact the beneficiary. If not you will have to liaise with the customer care of Access bank.

I credited a wrong account in march of this year and notified the bank immediately to secure the funds in the beneficiary's account. I engaged the customer care for 6 months all to no avail. Fortunately, I had an account with the bank so I visited my bank branch and requested to see my account officer and explained the situation. It took 2 days and I got a reversal

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Jabar2017: 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Ideyi Okoro Joseph right now...

[img]https://c./Hiiv8nrogykAAAAC/osita-osita-iheme.gif[/img]
i swaer guy bomb dey ur head.... grin grin grin
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by meobizy(f): 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2021
Report to the bank and collect your money back. The many Nairalanders claiming you’ve helped a soul would pay to arrest the innocent person the money was accidentally deposited to.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Princewell2012(m): 6:13pm On Oct 20, 2021
longetivity:
U don share palliative be that
Honestly I received same on Sunday, but mine is very small just 700 . I even wanted to call but no contacts whatever, and no call so I thought am receiving my own share from the government grin grin I was expecting at least 700,000 which kind temptation be this?
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by ultimateprof: 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2021
Pharmjossy:

Hai!!!! 1k only. Which court? Who has had similar low tarrif for court order

I'm very serious, they will not take more than 10% of the money.

I just sent the sample of the last 19k that a friend of mine just retrieved back from First Bank which he mistakenly transfer to one....
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Maryandrea: 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2021
It's God's will.just forget about retrieving it
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by MrMacinterchi1: 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Yes, I would have let it go for that amount.

This happend to someone I know... he received a mistaken credit and his account got frozen until he showed up and made a refund.
If you you said you would, fine and good. it's very ok but the op can't afford to let go without at least trying so, let him work it out. That 10k fit be his month salary you know.

About freezing account, I thought they only do that when the transaction is flagged fraudulent or one of those scam transfers. maybe they did that to draw the account's owner attention.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Princewell2012(m): 6:30pm On Oct 20, 2021
ecclize:

i wonder why banks treat such issues with levity.
despite providing evidence

It is not a stolen money, he can sue the bank if they reversed it without his permission. But if the bank made the mistake by themselves they can reverse it on their own. The reverse should done willingly
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by EmmyOD(m): 6:31pm On Oct 20, 2021
The best way is to report to fraud unit in Eco bank not to customer service.
If customer service hear say na you make mistake, omoo, you may not receive that money even by next year.
The receiver's account will b blocked within seconds.
Then rush to any nearby magistrate or high court and get money retrieval order document. I think they collect 2500 plus 200 naira stamp fee.
Submit it to ECO Bank and go and sleep.
Your money will be retrieved and sent back to you after 5 working days.
But situations when the nigga don use the money, hmmmmm na anode wahalla ooo
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:44pm On Oct 20, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

If you you said you would, fine and good. it's very ok but the op can't afford to let go without at least trying so, let him work it out. That 10k fit be his month salary you know.

About freezing account, I thought they only do that when the transaction is flagged fraudulent or one of those scam transfers. maybe they did that to draw the account's owner attention.

Maybe something was fraudulent about it, though.
Because he couldn't do anything with the account until he had paid, and gone through escalating to the Head Office.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by IfnobeGod20: 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2021
The first thing to do is to just go straight to your bank and lounge complain of transferring some amount to another account you wish not to transfer to. They may help you flag the account and may also help you contact him or they may give you his phone number to call. If he agreed to refund it back to you, you're luck but if he declined, just shout halleluia that you gave him October bonus. The bank will and I say again, they will never deduct the money directly from that account to your account because it has become a third party account and nobody has right to debit from it except the court permits.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Princewell2012(m): 6:46pm On Oct 20, 2021
MANDIPUTIN:

Initiate a conversation via customer care with your bank (Ecobank) and detail your transaction to them. They'll liaise with Access Bank to reverse the money using the transaction ID. You can reach Access Bank but they're unlikely to retrieve the money except through the complain you initiated via Ecobank.

Ova take am easy so just because someone lodge a complaint to you as a customer service and you just wire my money to them without any investigation haba. What if I tell you he is owning me, and promised to send me the money.

Listen this should be done voluntarily and not by force.

I have problem with bank or anybody if I got the money tru yahoo yahoo. I can sue the bank if they touch my money without my consent.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by MrMacinterchi1: 6:49pm On Oct 20, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Maybe something was fraudulent about it, though.
Because he couldn't do anything with the account until he had paid, and gone through escalating to the Head Office.

I guess so too. it could be.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by baloney: 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2021
Pele nairalander that #10,000 was just the amount I use to usually collected as monthly stipend from home when I was an undergraduate, as small has it is, It definitely something in this world of today, I wish some good luck in it recovery...
shocked cool shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About / Chima Anyaso Welcomes Baby Girl With Wife Adanna Nzeribe (photos) / A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.