Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Oil Shortage In A New Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oil Shortage In A New Engine (1818 Views)

Solution To Oil Shortage And Smoking Engines / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage / 2019 Mercedes-amg A45 Gets All-new Engine With 400-plus Horsepower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Shortage In A New Engine by Ayara222: 9:50am On Oct 11, 2021
i bought a new engine for my Toyota Camry 2008 model, serviced it with Total Qwartz 5000 , i have done about 1,200 only to check the oil this morning and its at half of the guage mark. What's the cause please, is it from the oil or the engine please?
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by id4sho(m): 10:09am On Oct 11, 2021
Ayara222:
i bought a new engine for my Toyota Camry 2008 model, serviced it with Total Qwartz 5000 , i have done about 1,200 only to check the oil this morning and its at half of the guage mark. What's the cause please, is it from the oil or the engine please?
I guess 4cyl. Notorious for shorting oil, pele

2 Likes

Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by Ayara222: 10:17am On Oct 11, 2021
I guess 4cyl. Notorious for shorting oil, pele[/quote]

yes 4 cylinder
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by id4sho(m): 10:26am On Oct 11, 2021
Ayara222:

I guess 4cyl. Notorious for shorting oil, pele

yes 4 cylinder
2AZ-FE is notorious for shorting oil. Before then,
does the valve cover leak oil?
Does it release white smoke in the morning? How many months is the engine oil?

1 Like

Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by Ayara222: 10:32am On Oct 11, 2021

Oil is less than 2 weeks old, no leakage around the engine
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by id4sho(m): 10:36am On Oct 11, 2021
Ayara222:

Oil is less than 2 weeks old, no leakage around the engine
This is serious

Gazzuz
Kingreign
Nurey
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by Ayara222: 10:40am On Oct 11, 2021
What's the best oil for a 4 cylinder Toyota engine please?
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by nurey(m): 12:46pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ayara222:

If oil isn't leaking, then engine is burning oil sometimes only evident during throttling.

Ask someone to help by starting vehicle, leave gear in P or N, then throttle the car and let the rpm remain at 2.5 to 3k while you watch the exhaust for release of smoke.

But the quartz 5000 get as it be, I also use it in my car and after prolonged travel the oil shorts if the throttle test is negative change oil brand and observe b4 we declare the engine non-grata grin

6 Likes

Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by Dozieson(m): 12:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
The problem is with the engine. There is nothing you can do. Although you should have started with mobile 1 full synthetic. Go back to the seller and complain to see their response. To get a good 2az engine that is japanese build that is not shorting oil could be up to 400k
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by miksonics(m): 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2021
Use 10w-40 new engines use light oil older engine use more thicker oil
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by MARKone(m): 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
Dozieson:
The problem is with the engine. There is nothing you can do. Although you should have started with mobile 1 full synthetic. Go back to the seller and complain to see their response. To get a good 2az engine that is japanese build that is not shorting oil could be up to 400k

Probability of still buying a bad 2az pre-recalled engine is still high, he might be lucky anyway to get a recalled engine that Toyota dealerships have worked on. I think the best bet for these 2az engines, is to buy the complete kit that Toyota used to rebuild the recalled 2az Engines, the complete kit... Rings, pistons, gasket and the rest. I saw at Alibaba the complete kit at N110k, I think it's better than buying a toks engine, cause that one still no sure.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by Dozieson(m): 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
MARKone:

Probability of still buying a bad 2az pre-recalled engine is still high, he might be lucky anyway to get a recalled engine that Toyota dealerships have worked on. I think the best bet for these 2az engines, is to buy the complete kit that Toyota used to rebuild the recalled 2az Engines, the complete kit... Rings, pistons, gasket and the rest. I saw at Alibaba the complete kit at N110k, I think it's better than buying a toks engine, cause that one still no sure.

Lol. But can we have a good mechanic to rebuild the engine as they do abroad?
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by Ayara222: 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
the engine is just one month old, can i still use the Monil 1 synthetic pls?

]The problem is with the engine. There is nothing you can do. Although you should have started with mobile 1 full synthetic. Go back to the seller and complain to see their response. To get a good 2az engine that is japanese build that is not shorting oil could be up to 400k[/quote]
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by Ayara222: 8:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
can i still drain the oil and use Mobil 1 synthetic, bought engine one month ago for 450k
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by dru23(m): 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ayara222:
can i still drain the oil and use Mobil 1 synthetic, bought engine one month ago for 450k

My brother sadly enough . your camry v4 is a factory defect and the Tokunbo engine you got maybe more than likely defect ....those camry v4 are factory defect from 2007 to 20010 .. The v6 has no oil issues........

So whether drain oil and use Mobil 1 or not . the issues might still continue... You can always seek a second opinion ......... And if all fails sell the car and avoid like a plague when looking for car next .......

1 Like

Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by Dozieson(m): 8:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ayara222:

Wow! 450k? And still burning oil? The seller is wicked. I know someone that bought 400k without shorting/burning oil. The oil type does not really matter @ this point. Just sell the car if you cannot be topping oil regularly. But be open to the buyer sha.

1 Like

Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by olumzzz(m): 7:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
Tell ya kazeem to check ya pcv valve 1st

1 Like

Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by sooperrescue(m): 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4JS7PybV2k
Check out this video and you will understand the issue
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by Born2conquer: 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
Lol, just accept your fate

We noticed that in our highlander last year June Abd we tried everything possible except for changing the engine because the car was running ABSOLUTELY FINE! the car no dey get problem apart from the engine oil shortage

So we accepted our fate and budgeted 10k monthly for the oil.

I am even willingly to keep buying oil monthly because the ride is too sleek and smooth and e dey speed gan for a 4-cyl and the AC and stereo?? MADDD! If the highlander dey enter pot hole or bad road like this, other cars dey always look us no grin grin
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
Born2conquer:
Lol, just accept your fate

We noticed that in our highlander last year June Abd we tried everything possible except for changing the engine because the car was running ABSOLUTELY FINE! the car no dey get problem apart from the engine oil shortage

So we accepted our fate and budgeted 10k monthly for the oil.

I am even willingly to keep buying oil monthly because the ride is too sleek and smooth and e dey speed gan for a 4-cyl and the AC and stereo?? MADDD! If the highlander dey enter pot hole or bad road like this, other cars dey always look us no grin grin

which year highlander
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by Born2conquer: 7:42pm On Oct 13, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
which year highlander
2010 base model, i con paint the rim Blavk! Lol, I love the ride grin

I no just dey around again
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2021
Born2conquer:

I tot as much.my younger sis owns one .that car smooth ,with soft suspension.i dont knw why I prefer it to rx330.i for like buy the car but it fits a family man more.me I never marry.
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by Born2conquer: 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
I tot as much.my younger sis owns one .that car smooth ,with soft suspension.i dont knw why I prefer it to rx330.i for like buy the car but it fits a family man more.me I never marry.
Me sef never marry, lol, the car brings respect
Re: Oil Shortage In A New Engine by diportivo: 9:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
Born2conquer:

hopefully that car will stil last a year sha

the oil burn issue being discussed here no follow for that engine

miksonics:
Use 10w-40 new engines use light oil older engine use more thicker oil

how do we conclude on new or old engine?mileage?

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advise Needed On This Two Cars (Pictures) / Pros And Cons Of CNG Cars / Cost Of Brand New Shocks For 1999 Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.