Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

What Law By Congress Or Directive By The President Has Significantly Changed You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Law By Congress Or Directive By The President Has Significantly Changed You (488 Views)

Presidential Directive: Jonathan’s Men Secretly Returning FG Property / Goodluck Jonathan's Administration Has Significantly Marginalized Yoruba / Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Law By Congress Or Directive By The President Has Significantly Changed You by beejaei: 5:37pm On May 31, 2011
So in the US, Obama signed a new healthcare law last year. One of the things it achieves is that people can now stay on their parents' health insurance till they are 26, not 20. Also there is argument on legislation on how much the government should contribute to a person's university education. Also in the 1960's LBJ signed in Medicare, which gurantees medical care for Americans over 65 funded by their tax contributions, and Social Security, which provides for the poor and disabled, I believe. The Civil Rights Act was also signed in the 60's and this gave black people equal rights in different facets of society.

My point is all these were big initiatives. They changed the way many Americans lived their lives. Does any one have similar experience with legislation and Executive directives in Nigeria? In your life time, what law or government directive (whether state or federal) significantly changed the course of your life? If there are none, what has our government been doing?
Re: What Law By Congress Or Directive By The President Has Significantly Changed You by efisher(m): 5:53pm On May 31, 2011
The Local Content Policy of the FG has had tremendous impact on my life. As a result of the policy, I got the opportunity of working on many world class projects. I have also participated in all kinds of professional trainings in the oil and gas industry in several countries. I got the opportunity of working on a certain project because of this policy. Before now, it was an area that Nigerians were alien to. Today, I rub shoulders with world class experts in that field and I am really good at the job. BTW, my achievements are based on merit and God's grace; No bribes, No godfather and No oil in my backyard.
Re: What Law By Congress Or Directive By The President Has Significantly Changed You by beejaei: 7:12pm On May 31, 2011
Congratulations on your achievements. I hope others can share theirs too.

(1) (Reply)

John Togo Ndlf Leader Dead ? / I’d Be A Victim Of Revolution In Nigeria – Obj / Will Nigerian Security Operatives Be Able To Handle Suicide Bombing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.