Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP (17888 Views)

Obaseki: I Will Show No Mercy To Oshiomhole / Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari / Obaseki: I Won't Appeal My Disqualification From Edo APC Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by prof2007: 5:36am On Oct 12, 2021
EDO State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said he would not brook opposition within the state chapter of the PDP in his quest to reposition and strengthen it. He said this at an expanded meeting of party leaders in Benin, on Monday.

Obaseki said, “There are people who have continued to come and feed you with lies. That is the nature of their politics if there is no confusion they will not eat. Last year, when we joined you, we started a movement that has never happened in Edo before, not even in our politics. If we go to the election today, we will win by 85%. It means we don’t have meaningful opposition and if this is the situation, we should not create opposition inside.

“I will not leave PDP. I am the leader of PDP and by the grace of God, I will lead PDP well. Anybody that doesn’t want me to lead or want to accept my leadership will leave PDP for me. We are here to stay and invest in PDP. I am the governor to join PDP last and was made chairman of our e-registration process so why should I leave the party. We came to see PDP as a solid Party, the only true party in this country while others are special purpose vehicles for elections.”

He explained that a handful of persons out of greed were opposed to harmonizing positions to give all party members a sense of belonging hence the contrived crisis within the state chapter. Earlier, the state chapter of the party ignored a directive by the National Working Committee of the party to stay action on the suspension of the PDP National Vice Chairman (South South), Dan Orbirh and other state party leaders.

The State Working Committee of the party ratified the suspensions of Orbirh, a member of the House of Representatives representing Oredo Federal Constituency, Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama; State Secretary of Edo State PDP, Hilary Otsu; among others. The suspensions were ratified by all PDP leaders across the 18 Local Government Areas and the three Senatorial Districts of the State at an enlarged meeting of the leaders held in Benin City.

A motion for ratification of the suspension was moved by Mike Nosa-Ehima, a leader of the PDP in Oredo LGA, and was seconded by Sylvanus Eruaga, a leader of the party from Etsako West LGA.
https://punchng.com/ill-not-accept-any-opposition-in-edo-pdp-obaseki/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by money121(m): 5:42am On Oct 12, 2021
Ok
Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by tamdun: 5:45am On Oct 12, 2021
this one is a tyrant

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by benuejosh: 6:26am On Oct 12, 2021
tamdun:
this one is a tyrant
it is normal with PDP. Fayose, Wike, Obaseki and Ortom are perfect examples.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by Baawaa(m): 6:32am On Oct 12, 2021
“I will not leave PDP. I am the leader of PDP and by the grace of God, I will lead PDP well. Anybody that doesn’t want me to lead or want to accept my leadership will leave PDP for me.
They are all the same,your own disgrace will be more than your boss(Adams Oshiomole)

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by helinues: 6:34am On Oct 12, 2021
Obaseki, the governor with so many unnecessary wahala on his head

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by Maxymilliano(m): 6:35am On Oct 12, 2021
You will not brook any opposition in Edo PDP and Dan Orbih was the first to be thrown under the bus to satisfy your new found ego abi ?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by Homeboiy: 6:52am On Oct 12, 2021
Edo no be Lagos

The messiah has turned to a night mare

What we ordered vs what we got

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by Damidave1124(m): 7:09am On Oct 12, 2021
Making the same mistake Oshomole made, you want to dictate everything in the party.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by tillaman(m): 7:09am On Oct 12, 2021
angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by boselarry: 7:09am On Oct 12, 2021
Na you sabi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by frankmoney(m): 7:09am On Oct 12, 2021
Dictator

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by linkers: 7:09am On Oct 12, 2021
Better be wise

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by ATEAMS: 7:09am On Oct 12, 2021
Of what use is political liberty to those who have no bread?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by olaboy33(m): 7:09am On Oct 12, 2021
While I admire Obaseki's tenacity and his resolve to remain in the pdp, he should be careful not to become the monster he fought against.

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by OG1BABY(f): 7:09am On Oct 12, 2021
Lol. Okay
Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 12, 2021
Edo no be Lagos grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by Harpyeagle(m): 7:10am On Oct 12, 2021
I don't really blame him, the man's like the opposite of supreme court governor. Even after winning his electron, he's being dragged from one court to another. The opposite too much grin
Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by SenatePresdo(m): 7:10am On Oct 12, 2021
Before he joined PDP they were stakeholders in Edo PDP.

He now wants to enthrone his APC gang that defected with him.

No be So them Dey hijack person Party ooh.

Oshiomole in the making.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by aveneuresidence: 7:10am On Oct 12, 2021
Overshadowing the sky court (on the 36th story), they brag unhampered city and ocean sees. Skyline Collection units are situated between the fourth and 35th stories. As per the engineer, they are intended for "an existence of complexity befitting visionaries". Legacy Collection units are housed inside five legacy structures. These have been reestablished avenue south residence to fill the double need of private and commercThe potential CBD extension of Tanjong Pagar is arranged directly before the Avenue South House.
Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by AlabiJ: 7:10am On Oct 12, 2021
Edo PDP go hear am for Obaseki hand. Lol.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by Tomaes: 7:11am On Oct 12, 2021
Okay
Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by nairavsdollars(f): 7:11am On Oct 12, 2021
Oshiomhole go
Oshioseki come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by BlackyOne: 7:11am On Oct 12, 2021
Another dictator loading...

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by Noshitboi(m): 7:12am On Oct 12, 2021
You have my support sir because I know its APC youre referring to. Anything to use and frustrate that demonic party is welcomed
Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by heykims(m): 7:12am On Oct 12, 2021
Nigerians and their ways of politics. U ran into PDP just about a year ago and suddenly u claim to be the leader of the party just because u are a governor.
Nigerians and their moneybags ways of politics.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by realstars: 7:13am On Oct 12, 2021
Good.
Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by ddippset(m): 7:14am On Oct 12, 2021
grin

Maybe we are now seeing what Oshiomole saw.

Bottom line; fear quiet people.

When this man was commissioner under Oshiomole people thought he couldn't hurt a fly..

Now he's ready to trample!

Who would blame him anyway?

After the PDP tax collectors based in Abuja collected billions from him to accept him as the party flag bearer in the governorship election last year, now they want to drag power with him.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by CondemnBattery(f): 7:14am On Oct 12, 2021
This man again

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP by Sundaypaul12345: 7:14am On Oct 12, 2021
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Tinubu Most Sellable Candidate- Ribadu / Reps’ Minority Leadership: Atiku, Wike In Fresh War / Nigerian Senate Embarks On Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.