Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,752 members, 7,851,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:26 PM

How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself (4819 Views)

How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) / Lagos-Based Lady And Her Boyfriend Send Fake Bank Credit Alert (Video) / How Yahoo Almost Ruined My Life (18+) "True Life Story" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Hackaton(m): 6:48am On Oct 12, 2021
I guess you are aware that Fake Bank alerts do exist and there are many mobile and PC apps for sending fake bank alert

If you are wondering how people make fake bank alerts in Nigeria and concerned about how to protect yourself, this post will surely help you

By the End of this Post You will Understand:

*How Yahoo boys do Fake Alert using just a Mobile Phone

*Dangers involved in sending fake alerts to unususpecting victims

*How to protect yourself from getting scammed

Disclaimer: This is not in any way promoting or encouraging any form of cybercrime( internet scam) rather, to inform and educate

Yahoo boys all over Nigeria are always upgrading their format and if you are not abreast of what is happening, you certainly will soon become a victim

Fake Bank alert Apps – Apk are tools made available to enhance internet fraud (Yahoo Yahoo) and with these tools, anyone can get scammed thinking they have gotten the real alert from their bank

Now the Year is fast running out again so expect these activities to be on the rise this period as the youth start scrambling for Christmas money

Please note that you’re responsible for the consequences of how you decide to use the information provided in this article

Having said that, you may proceed below to understand how this thing works, the dangers involved and how to protect yourself from getting scammed

For those who still don’t understand fake bank alert and how it works, kindly read below:

What Is Fake Bank Alert and How does it Work?

Fake Alert SMS Comes Like Real SMS from Your Bank

It shows you that someone has sent money to your account and it will bear your Bank name and details exactly as it usually comes from your Bank

When You see the alert, You will assume someone made payment to you, may be for goods and services

You must have delivered these goods before realizing it was only fake alert

Fake Alert is used by Yahoo Boys to pay bills, Debts, Loans, Buy goods and services and at the end while they gain, you the victim will be at loss because nothing actually is gonna be credited to your account – It’s all Fake and that’s how it goes

Dangers Involved in Sending Fake Bank Alert

It’s unlawful using anything related to fake alerts and am sure everyone is aware of that

Anybody who does that could be mobbed, killed by the angry crowd or if lucky enough, handed over to the law enforcement agents

Yahoo boys use fake alert in places like the supper market, POS, Restaurants etc,

Before now, there are many ways to spot fake alerts like stated below:

1, Fake alerts don't come with your bank balance info, so lookout for that

2, Fake alerts don't update your acct balance so you can always check your balance to be sure

3, Fake alerts don't know your bank name and alert phone number so they may end up sending to the wrong number and the wrong name if you don't provide them with those info

The bad news is that the above stated measures are used when the fake bank alert system has not really advanced

Earlier in the days of fake bank alert uprising, when most people have not been informed of this epidemic, scammers just use bulk SMS tools loftysms to compose messages that look like they come from your bank

Having gotten this kind of message, the victim most likely would not bother going further to verify so they release the goods before realising they've been scammed

Sometimes the scammer may not even bother sending the victim a credit SMS if they are afraid of sending to the wrong number, they just send a debit alert to their own phone and show the victim

The victim having seen the debit alert will then assume the credit alert is on it's way to their own phone since the perpetrator has already gotten a debit alert so they release the goods even before getting a credit alert (they sure will never get one)

These are all before the fake alerts SMS became popular - when not many people are aware there's a thing like that

Nowadays, most Nigerians have been sensitized about fake alerts SMS so that prompted the scammers to upgrade as well to meet up with their target

These guys no more use bulk SMS tools for the job - they now use some special kind of tool that acts exactly like a real banking app

All they need is to put in your bank and acct number and the app will pull up all your bank details and use it to send you a fake alert to the number connected to your account, just the way your bank does it

It comes with your bank balance info and goes further to update your bank balance with the fake funds to make it all seem real

So even if you go on to check your acct balance to be sure, you will still see the money there

The only different is that the added balance is not real and can never be withdrawn or transfered so you can see it but can never touch it - it's just a virus

It also disappears after some days

The devious app was readily available on the internet for anybody to get hold of until news began spreading so the programmers decided to go underground

The good news is that only a handful of people actually have the app before it disappears from the net, meaning a few people are actually using it which is safer for the masses who are the victim

But then that never cancels the fact that people are using it for everyday so beware

The only way I ve found to protect yourself from this very one is to actually call your bank to be sure the money is really there and this could really become rigorous... but then, it's what it is

3 Likes

Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Abfinest007(m): 6:55am On Oct 12, 2021
Advertisement .why do you have to put ur number there

1 Like

Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Hackaton(m): 7:16am On Oct 12, 2021
Abfinest007:
Advertisement .why do you have to put ur number there

I have every right to put my number in my post so long as I am not breaking the Nairaland rules, so GTFO

8 Likes

Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by OnyeObodo: 7:24am On Oct 12, 2021
You are the real scammmer.

You want people to contact you for the fake app which does not exist.

No app on earth can pull up peoples balances.

If it were true, you wont even be here. You will personally use it to raid peoples accounts and businesses.

In summary, your real target are Nairaland mugus!!

21 Likes

Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 12, 2021
Why all this season film?In summary,the best way to detect a fake bank alert scammer is to check your mobile banking app for alert after he/she has made payment,not SMS or email.
Don't let a suppose customer put you under pressure or try to hurry you up so that he can zoom off.Be patient.
However,if he/she decides to leave before the transaction is complete,he has an ulterior motive.

4 Likes

Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Blessing185(f): 7:42am On Oct 12, 2021
Ode..only u say e no dey update balance,only u still say e dey update balance mumu scammer tunde..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by duro4chang(m): 7:44am On Oct 12, 2021
Thanks for the information. But I want to say here that the fake alert can also trick people who are gullible. I have know that the fake alert can never show my account balance unless it involves the people working in the bank. It can actually show your bank name if the person sending the alert knows your bank. All he needs to do is to configure the alert which will include the name of your bank.
Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Hackaton(m): 7:49am On Oct 12, 2021
Blessing185:
Ode..only say e no dey update balance,only u still say e dey update balance mumu scammer tunde..

I am not responsible for ur lack of compr ehension

If you can read and comprehend well, we won't be having this conversation dullard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Blessing185(f): 7:50am On Oct 12, 2021
Hackaton:

I am not responsible for ur lack of compr ehension

If you can read and comprehend well, we won't be having this conversation dullard
ode scammer tunde grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Blessing185(f): 7:56am On Oct 12, 2021
Hackaton:

I feel u left your sense at home cos asked you anybody to buy anything

You filmsy assumption makes u the real fool
scammer tunde grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by naijaboy756: 7:56am On Oct 12, 2021
The poster is a demonic criminal looking for victims

Mods: Delete this nonsense

5 Likes

Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by CandyOps(m): 7:57am On Oct 12, 2021
Blessing185:
ode scammer tunde grin grin grin

But jokes apart thou, you no sabi read?
Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Blessing185(f): 7:58am On Oct 12, 2021
CandyOps:

But jokes apart thou, you no sabi read?
no ur papa no teach me English well dats y u no dey see d nonsense u typed above mugu scammer tunde grin grin grin
Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Hackaton(m): 8:11am On Oct 12, 2021
I added my number for people interested in contacting for security issues but lots of MOFOs here misinterpreted it as though I am looking to scam people

I decided to remove my contact at least to help keep their frustrated life at ease

Let me see another reason why you will say I made the post with intention to defraud when your brain is not paining you

It' s now up to you to read and take caution or keep doubting
Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Blessing185(f): 8:25am On Oct 12, 2021
Hackaton:

It takes a demonic criminal to know one

You re just plain stupid
mumu scammer tunde.. nobody will fall for u..all these small demonic family thief wey dey use 777 dey thief airtime from their father phone,go come online begin form hackers.. cheesy cheesy cheesy thief

1 Like

Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Hackaton(m): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2021
Blessing185:
mumu scammer tunde.. nobody will fall for u..all these small demonic family thief wey dey use 777 dey thief airtime from their father phone,go come online begin form hackers.. cheesy cheesy cheesy thief

Aunty rest, so that heart attack won't kill u
Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Boogyman557: 8:39am On Oct 12, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool A TREND TO HIGH ON MORE KUSH. WTF MAN
Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Yves4real(f): 8:49am On Oct 12, 2021
Blessing185:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Blessing185(f): 9:28am On Oct 12, 2021
Hackaton:

Aunty rest, so that heart attack won't kill u
ole thief..from stealing meat from pot,u graduated to stealing airtime from ur parents phone..now na hacker u turn to two seconds.. scammer tunde oshi.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 12, 2021
cheesy
Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Ola17: 9:54am On Oct 12, 2021
OnyeObodo:
You are the real scammmer.

You want people to contact you for the fake app which does not exist.

No app on earth can pull up peoples balances.

If it were true, you wont even be here. You will personally use it to raid peoples accounts and businesses.

In summary, your real target are Nairaland mugus!!
why can’t you allow someone to scam in peace
Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by DoggoneDogg: 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
I don't rely on SMS, I use bank apps.

And no app can download your bank balance/update it. That's a security breach.
If it were possible, boys for don use am work proof of funds for visa processing japa comot 4 Naija.

Foolish OP

8 Likes

Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Emmanuel909090: 3:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hmmm
Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Draggun(m): 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
I don't rely on SMS, I use bank apps.

And no app can download your bank balance/update it. That's a security breach.
If it were possible, boys for don use am work proof of funds for visa processing japa comot 4 Naija.

Foolish OP

Don't be ignorant, the fact that you don't know about the application doesn't mean it doesn't exists. Boys get tools, I mean mad tools to run sweet local work.
Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by donhackaz: 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
Draggun:

Don't be ignorant, the fact that you don't know about the application doesn't mean it doesn't exists. Boys get tools, I mean mad tools to run sweet local work.

Rest mumu there is no such App
Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Draggun(m): 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
donhackaz:

Rest mumu there is no such App

https://www.nairaland.com/4216525/police-arrest-four-men-using

Click on the link and read the story, I believe you're old enough to read and comprehend simple English.
Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by faithfull18(f): 8:00pm On Oct 12, 2021
Joysticks:
Why all this season film?In summary,the best way to detect a fake bank alert scammer is to check your mobile banking app for alert after he/she has made payment,not SMS or email.
Don't let a suppose customer put you under pressure or try to hurry you up so that he can zoom off.Be patient.
However,if he/she decides to leave before the transaction is complete,he has an ulterior motive.
. The key word - pressure.
Re: How Yahoo Boys Send Fake Bank SMS And How To Protect Yourself by Gee64: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2021
This doesn't explain your claim in your write-up.
Draggun:

https://www.nairaland.com/4216525/police-arrest-four-men-using

Click on the link and read the story, I believe you're old enough to read and comprehend simple English.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Xenophobia: See The Damages Done By Nigerian Looters At A Mall In Surulere (Pics / Pls Help Me Find This Man....he Is A Fraudstar / 3 Accidents, Same Spots In Less Than 3hours (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.