Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,253 members, 7,849,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:31 AM

Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History (2627 Views)

Horrible World History / Horrible World History / Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 10:50pm On Oct 13, 2021
musicwriter:

Perfect response there.

Corruption, greed, selfishness, poverty are symptoms showing that a society is sick. They're effects and NOT the CAUSE itself. The CAUSE has been set in motion since our unfortunate contact with Europeans who destroyed our natural way of speaking, learning, thinking, nationality and believing. The result is the way we exist today. But you see, the people you're dealing with here don't yet understand the problem themselves. They don't understand it because one of the purpose of education in Africa is to make sure we don't inquire about our unfortunate contact with Europeans. And I can bet you (yourself) didn't learn this in school but through your personal research.

However, the consequence we now suffer were not just caused by foreign religion alone. The three causes are wrong LANGUAGE, wrong EDUCATION, wrong GOD.

No matter which of those three you adopt from a foreigner you're doomed. Even if you accept one of them.
You're right, bro.

As regards the highlighted, thanks to nlers like you that share your vast knowledge of history with other members of this forum and the personal research efforts.

When I read your comments on Nairaland for the first time many years ago, everything sounded like Greek to me.

But it took years to research about things and reason critically about them.
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 10:52pm On Oct 13, 2021
hucknall:
Actually it was one direction and narrow minded. I don't expect an enlighten person to blame a certain religion for economics failure and tell me to worship stones. Do you worship idols?
You haven't met upto 5% of Nigeria in your entire life and you already think you know 'an average Nigerian'
Now you are associating me with an idea I made no reference to. And condemning me for it.
Once you're a religious person and a Nigerian, I have a good idea of how you reason when it comes to issues like this, since I also used to be a religionist and have many religious people as family and friends.
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by emae009(m): 11:18pm On Oct 13, 2021
musicwriter:

Perfect response there.

Corruption, greed, selfishness, poverty are symptoms showing that a society is sick. They're effects and NOT the CAUSE itself. The CAUSE has been set in motion since our unfortunate contact with Europeans who destroyed our natural way of speaking, learning, thinking, nationality and believing. The result is the way we exist today. But you see, the people you're dealing with here don't yet understand the problem themselves. They don't understand it because one of the purpose of education in Africa is to make sure we don't inquire about our unfortunate contact with Europeans. And I can bet you (yourself) didn't learn this in school but through your personal research.

However, the consequence we now suffer were not just caused by foreign religion alone. The three causes are wrong LANGUAGE, wrong EDUCATION, wrong GOD.

No matter which of those three you adopt from a foreigner you're doomed. Even if you accept one of them.

When you said he did personal research to liberate himself, those research materials where written by who? The foreigners that caused all these right?
"Wrong Language" , wrong Education, Wrong God and you're using the wrong language to communicate?

No matter how you tell the story of the Lion in the Jungle, it will always be from the perspective of the hunter except you can speak roar.
My point being that whatever we want to think we know about our history is lost in one form or another as anything you can point to now will have a reference to the foreigners who we have established were only out to exploit us.
isn't it funny that after all his extract on how Africa built the modern world, his predisposition is that Religion is the cause of our problem.
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by Shokoloko(f): 2:08am On Oct 14, 2021
A001:

It mainly has to do with religion. And the problems you mentioned all boil down to the poor mentality of people, especially the religious ones.

It's only religious people that believe in many superstitious things, so you'd find vices like using humans for sacrifices common among them, whether Muslims, Christians or traditionalists.

An atheist or agnostic that does not believe in the supernatural can't engage in that.

Then, at any point in time, it was not the whole of Africa that participated in slave-trading, using humans for sacrifices. And there were people that criticized these barbaric practices when they were common in certain areas.

Then, greed isn't just an African thing. I see you don't know the history of colonialism in Africa done by countries such as the Great Britain, France, Holland.

All the corrupt practices African leaders are exhibiting today were learned from the colonial masters who plundered the wealth and statues of many countries in Africa to develop the West.

Greed, corruption aren't an African thing. Generally, people with a poor mentality that believe in fictitious entities like Jesus, Satan to solve problems for them will be greedy and corrupt.

Colonial masters were NOT the first slavers of Africa. We cannot continue to heap the problem on the colonial masters and their religion.
If Africans continue to find who to blame they will never learn and that is the reason why they sold out to the Arabs, sold out to the Europeans and north Americans and TODAY we are selling out to the Chinese. Are you aware that China is buying Africa.

The questions I am asking is if religion is the problem why is Italy, Kuwait, Dubai, Argentina, Brazil, doing much better than many countries in Africa.

Below is a narrative of the Maasai who never left their traditional religion. Please answer, why are they not the richest tribe in Africa, if the key is to follow our traditional Gods?

As for greed being a African thing. The late General Abacha stated that any insurgency beyond 24 hours has the backing of people in government. It is the house rat that shows the field rat where food is in the house.
Over 17 million slaves were traded. Who showed them the way around the bushes without GPS? A set of greedy Africans. Have you read about King Jaja of Opobo or Olaudah Equaino (Ekweano)? Who caught them? It was not a white man, It was their own village people that sold them.

When emissaries where sent to a king in Bonny to tell him that slavery was over, he refused. He said it was a practice ordained by the "gods"
King Tegbusu (an African) was worth 250,000 pounds from proceeds of slavery. Even now 250,000GBP is a lot of money, not to talk of 500 years ago yet African King Tegbesu kept on selling his brothers.

The level of greed showed by our ancient african slave traders could not have been recently learned. Its in the blood

Religion has absolutely nothing to do someone's success.

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by Shokoloko(f): 2:37am On Oct 14, 2021
A001:

It mainly has to do with religion. And the problems you mentioned all boil down to the poor mentality of people, especially the religious ones.

It's only religious people that believe in many superstitious things, so you'd find vices like using humans for sacrifices common among them, whether Muslims, Christians or traditionalists.

An atheist or agnostic that does not believe in the supernatural can't engage in that.

Then, at any point in time, it was not the whole of Africa that participated in slave-trading, using humans for sacrifices. And there were people that criticized these barbaric practices when they were common in certain areas.

Then, greed isn't just an African thing. I see you don't know the history of colonialism in Africa done by countries such as the Great Britain, France, Holland.

All the corrupt practices African leaders are exhibiting today were learned from the colonial masters who plundered the wealth and statues of many countries in Africa to develop the West.

Greed, corruption aren't an African thing. Generally, people with a poor mentality that believe in fictitious entities like Jesus, Satan to solve problems for them will be greedy and corrupt.

Do you know why the colonials were never ever able to colonize Ethiopia? Do you know that Christianity began in Ethiopia in 400AD long, long, long before the white men stepped foot into Africa?

The Roman Empire (officially adopted Christianity in AD 380.

Christianity in Africa arrived in Egypt in the middle of the 1st century. In the 4th century, the Aksumite empire in modern-day Eritrea and Ethiopia became one of the first regions in the world to adopt Christianity as an official religion and the Nubian kingdoms of Nobatia, Makuria and Alodia followed two centuries later.

When did slavery start in Africa? Sometime in 1619, a Portuguese slave ship, the São João Bautista, traveled across the Atlantic Ocean with a hull filled with human cargo: captive Africans from Angola, in southwestern Africa.

You can see that the white men were not the actual people who introduced Christianity or Islam in Africa. White people know how to take advantage of existing loop holes. They don't go creating it.

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by Shokoloko(f): 2:51am On Oct 14, 2021
Ritual murder and child sacrifice is not a concept of Christianity or Islam but it is a concept in traditional african religion

1 Like

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by hucknall: 6:57am On Oct 14, 2021
A001:

Once you're a religious person and a Nigerian, I have a good idea of how you reason when it comes to issues like this, since I also used to be a religionist and have many religious people as family and friends.
Which religion was it?
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by hucknall: 7:01am On Oct 14, 2021
Shokoloko:
Ritual murder and child sacrifice is not a concept of Christianity or Islam but it is a concept in traditional african religion
The truth is traditional Africa religion don't really have laws to guide them.
I can just declare that my oracle wants me sacrifice Op before dawn.
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by musicwriter(m): 8:47am On Oct 14, 2021
emae009:

When you said he did personal research to liberate himself, those research materials where written by who? The foreigners that caused all these right?
"Wrong Language" , wrong Education, Wrong God and you're using the wrong language to communicate?

No matter how you tell the story of the Lion in the Jungle, it will always be from the perspective of the hunter except you can speak roar.
My point being that whatever we want to think we know about our history is lost in one form or another as anything you can point to now will have a reference to the foreigners who we have established were only out to exploit us.
isn't it funny that after all his extract on how Africa built the modern world, his predisposition is that Religion is the cause of our problem.

Some white scholars wrote the true account of history and they, indeed, recognized the contribution of Africa in world history. Some of them include; Gerald Massey, Count Voney, Herodotus, etc. The works of such people are supressed by western scholarship.

Fortunately, some smart black scholars went on a mission to do their own research and in the process they discovered that the narratives have been twisted to promote white supremacy and to demarket black interests. Some of these pioneer black scholars include; John Henrik Clarke, John G. Jackson, Ivan Van Setima, Yosef Ben Yocannan, Cheik Anta Diop, etc. They pieced the puzzle together with love following the honest white scholars. They traced the truth and they have recommended the type of books black people should read. See list of books recommended for black people to read https://www.africason.com/2021/06/top-230-books-black-people-must-read-or.html

Regarding why I am still writing in English language that's because our existence has been structured not to do without it, especially at the intellectual level. It is our lingual franca so it's irrational to ask why I am speaking it!! I wasn't born on the moon so I must speak the available language that everybody speaks, otherwise, I won't be able to communicate others. The fact that a European language has become a language that we can't do without in Africa, should tell you the severity of the situation we find ourselves. This topic has been dealth squarely in the book; intellectual slavery the worst legacy of colonialism. Link to the book is on my signature. Download the PDF and it has answer to any question you may have about the mental change that occured to us as a result of our unfortunate contact with Europeans.

1 Like

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 9:37am On Oct 14, 2021
Shokoloko:

Do you know why the colonials were never ever able to colonize Ethiopia? Do you know that Christianity began in Ethiopia in 400AD long, long, long before the white men stepped foot into Africa?

The Roman Empire (officially adopted Christianity in AD 380.

Christianity in Africa arrived in Egypt in the middle of the 1st century. In the 4th century, the Aksumite empire in modern-day Eritrea and Ethiopia became one of the first regions in the world to adopt Christianity as an official religion and the Nubian kingdoms of Nobatia, Makuria and Alodia followed two centuries later.

When did slavery start in Africa? Sometime in 1619, a Portuguese slave ship, the São João Bautista, traveled across the Atlantic Ocean with a hull filled with human cargo: captive Africans from Angola, in southwestern Africa.

You can see that the white men were not the actual people who introduced Christianity or Islam in Africa. White people know how to take advantage of existing loop holes. They don't go creating it.
You're just a joker. Before I'd give you a detailed response to your recent posts, first point out chapters in the Bible and Qur'an written by African or black authors or talking about the forefathers of Africans or blacks.

An ignorant African is worshipping Jehovah or Allah and still claiming any of these names have their roots in Africa. What a ridiculous statement!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 9:46am On Oct 14, 2021
Shokoloko:
Every religion has its own bad aspects. Those are the demerits of some traditional religions.

Scamming gullible folks of their money in form tithes and offerings and giving false testimonies and false miracles are the bad aspects of Christianity.

Terrorism and violence are the bad sides of Islam.

So, when you want to condemn the barbaric practices of some traditionalists, do the same to your pastors if you're a Christian and alfas if you're a Muslim.
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by emae009(m): 10:50am On Oct 14, 2021
musicwriter:

Some white scholars wrote the true account of history and they, indeed, recognized the contribution of Africa in world history. Some of them include; Gerald Massey, Count Voney, Herodotus, etc. The works of such people are supressed by western scholarship.

Fortunately, some smart black scholars went on a mission to do their own research and in the process they discovered that the narratives have been twisted to promote white supremacy and to demarket black interests. Some of these pioneer black scholars include; John Henrik Clarke, John G. Jackson, Ivan Van Setima, Yosef Ben Yocannan, Cheik Anta Diop, etc. They pieced the puzzle together with love following the honest white scholars. They traced the truth and they have recommended the type of books black people should read. See list of books recommended for black people to read https://www.africason.com/2021/06/top-230-books-black-people-must-read-or.html

Regarding why I am still writing in English language that's because our existence has been structured not to do without it, especially at the intellectual level. It is our lingual franca so it's irrational to ask why I am speaking it!! I wasn't born on the moon so I must speak the available language that everybody speaks, otherwise, I won't be able to communicate others. The fact that a European language has become a language that we can't do without in Africa, should tell you the severity of the situation we find ourselves. This topic has been dealth squarely in the book; intellectual slavery the worst legacy of colonialism. Link to the book is on my signature. Download the PDF and it has answer to any question you may have about the mental change that occured to us as a result of our unfortunate contact with Europeans.

The historic blacks met with honest Europeans (again highlighting my analogy of the Lion in the Jungle). Whatever true history Africa had is gone. Everything pass down now is written from a perspective of a foreigner.

You missed my point, you call it the "Wrong Language" but you're using it so in some way you're always mentally enslaved. Everyone is using it doesn't mean you can't be different and stand out. It wasn't only Africa that was colonized, some countries still speak their native language while dabbling with English.

There are a lot of things wrong with Africa but narrowing it all down to religion is so far left you can almost come out from the right
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by musicwriter(m): 11:42am On Oct 14, 2021
emae009:

The historic blacks met with honest Europeans (again highlighting my analogy of the Lion in the Jungle). Whatever true history Africa had is gone. Everything pass down now is written from a perspective of a foreigner.

You missed my point, you call it the "Wrong Language" but you're using it so in some way you're always mentally enslaved. Everyone is using it doesn't mean you can't be different and stand out. It wasn't only Africa that was colonized, some countries still speak their native language while dabbling with English.

There are a lot of things wrong with Africa but narrowing it all down to religion is so far left you can almost come out from the right

Yes, some part of true African history may have been lost. But as I said, most have been reconstructed using what could be gleaned here and there. And no, the honest white scholars weren't just the only source. There are many ancient monuments still standing across Africa testifying that we've been before everyone else. Plus oral sources kept through story telling. They all helped to reconstruct the past.

Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it. Ever heard that before? So, even if I speak the English language it's still the wrong language for me as an African. And you're right it's still a form of mental slavery. As a matter of fact, the more you speak it, the more you're enslaved by it. That's the very reason it's the wrong language. A times like this, I wish I was the only one because if I were the only one I'll never speak the English language.

There's no African country that doesn't have the language of the slave masters as their official language, though, few have their native language alongside the language of the slave masters.

1 Like

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2021
musicwriter:

Yes, some part of true African history may have been lost. But as I said, most have been reconstructed using what could be gleaned here and there. And no, the honest white scholars weren't just the only source. There are many ancient monuments still standing across Africa testifying that we've been before everyone else. Plus oral sources kept through story telling. They all helped to reconstruct the past.

Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it. Ever heard that before? So, even if I speak the English language it's still the wrong language for me as an African. And you're right it's still a form of mental slavery. As a matter of fact, the more you speak it, the more you're enslaved by it. That's the very reason it's the wrong language. A times like this, I wish I was the only one because if I were the only one I'll never speak the English language.

There's no African country that doesn't have the language of the slave masters as their official language, though, few have their native language alongside the language of the slave masters.

Nah you be slave nah

Nothing like everyone that speaks English as a Nigerian is a slave
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2021
Shokoloko:

Colonial masters were NOT the first slavers of Africa. We cannot continue to heap the problem on the colonial masters and their religion.
If Africans continue to find who to blame they will never learn and that is the reason why they sold out to the Arabs, sold out to the Europeans and north Americans and TODAY we are selling out to the Chinese. Are you aware that China is buying Africa.

The questions I am asking is if religion is the problem why is Italy, Kuwait, Dubai, Argentina, Brazil, doing much better than many countries in Africa.

Below is a narrative of the Maasai who never left their traditional religion. Please answer, why are they not the richest tribe in Africa, if the key is to follow our traditional Gods?

As for greed being a African thing. The late General Abacha stated that any insurgency beyond 24 hours has the backing of people in government. It is the house rat that shows the field rat where food is in the house.
Over 17 million slaves were traded. Who showed them the way around the bushes without GPS? A set of greedy Africans. Have you read about King Jaja of Opobo or Olaudah Equaino (Ekweano)? Who caught them? It was not a white man, It was their own village people that sold them.

When emissaries where sent to a king in Bonny to tell him that slavery was over, he refused. He said it was a practice ordained by the "gods"
King Tegbusu (an African) was worth 250,000 pounds from proceeds of slavery. Even now 250,000GBP is a lot of money, not to talk of 500 years ago yet African King Tegbesu kept on selling his brothers.

The level of greed showed by our ancient african slave traders could not have been recently learned. Its in the blood

Religion has absolutely nothing to do someone's success.

Greed is a human thing

Don't talk like a biological disaster
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by emae009(m): 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2021
musicwriter:

To me, religion or the foreign invasion (the time lapse of the events) is not Africa's problem. Africa is Africa's problem. The whites merely exploited our inherent greed characteristics.

Critical thinking: exclude the whites from Africa's history and ask yourself these questions. What exactly would we have done with the gold, oils and other wealth generating resources from the perspective of people that capture and sold their fellow brothers on the promise of riches.

Israelites have made a lot of advance both in technology and human endeavors and they as a people suffered the Holocaust. They used that ugly history to reinforced themselves in a us against the world mentality instead of using it as an excuse of self pity like Africans.

Take Nigeria for example, what does "Unity in Diversity" even mean? Our diversity makes us unique? when the very building block (atom) of a community is self, language and a common goal. In an heterogeneous society, these 3 things are not present so how can we move forward. The Europeans realized this and they made sure to split themselves no matter how small to individual communities (countries). Imagine if Spain, France, Italy, Portugal and Britain were forced to be one country. I'm 78% certain, they wouldn't make as much progress as they have at the moment. Come to Africa and that's not the case.
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by musicwriter(m): 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2021
emae009:

To me, religion or the foreign invasion (the time lapse of the events) is not Africa's problem. Africa is Africa's problem. The whites merely exploited our inherent greed characteristics.

Critical thinking: exclude the whites from Africa's history and ask yourself these questions. What exactly would we have done with the gold, oils and other wealth generating resources from the perspective of people that capture and sold their fellow brothers on the promise of riches.

Israelites have made a lot of advance both in technology and human endeavors and they as a people suffered the Holocaust. They used that ugly history to reinforced themselves in a us against the world mentality instead of using it as an excuse of self pity like Africans.

Take Nigeria for example, what does "Unity in Diversity" even mean? Our diversity makes us unique? when the very building block (atom) of a community is self, language and a common goal. In an heterogeneous society, these 3 things are not present so how can we move forward. The Europeans realized this and they made sure to split themselves no matter how small to individual communities (countries). Imagine if Spain, France, Italy, Portugal and Britain were forced to be one country. I'm 78% certain, they wouldn't make as much progress as they have at the moment. Come to Africa and that's not the case.

Our problem isn't religion alone. Again, our problem is wrong LANGUAGE, wrong EDUCATION, wrong GOD. Once Europeans changed that and imposed theirs, they changed our brain chemistry and personality such that we're now disoriented people. So, you and I are no longer the original Africans that our ancestors were. We're now like hybrid Euro-Africans, so it's wrong for you to use our our ancestors to question our present predisposition. Of course, we would have done much better if we had no encounter with Europeans. How do I know that? Because ALL civilizations that fought off Europeans are better than those who were conquered by Europeans.

No, we were not corrupt or evil in time past. But that's what you've been told by Europeans to justify their crimes and rulership over you. Research history and you'll discover the truth for yourself. We have been blackmailed, corrupted, and destroyed. Sadly, some of you think corruption is the cause. Corruption doesn't cause corruption!! Corruption is an effect. Corruption is a result of societal maladjustment. You are not the same African you would have been if slavery and colonialism didn't happen. If you spoke your native language, used it to acquire all your knowledge, and believe the same God as your ancestors, you'll be a complete different person. That's why the Jews didn't lose their identity and self will because they didn't lose the building block of culture and self consciousness. They didn't lose their LANGUAGE, EDUCATION, GOD. But in Africa we lost ours. That's the difference.

In Africa, our brains have been dealt a big blow to the extent we're scared to be ourselves again. Brother Ivan Van Setima said that "our brains have been nuclear bombed" and he's right. Everything else you see is as a result of that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by Shokoloko(f): 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Greed is a human thing

Don't talk like a biological disaster

Youths in this forum need to do better.

1 Adding an insult does not make your argument more valid
2.One can always refute the message without attacking the person.

Be guided
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by emae009(m): 2:20pm On Oct 14, 2021
musicwriter:

Our problem isn't religion alone. Again, our problem is wrong LANGUAGE, wrong EDUCATION, wrong GOD. Once Europeans changed that and imposed theirs, they changed our brain chemistry and personality such that we're now disoriented people. So, you and I are no longer the original Africans that our ancestors were. We're now like hybrid Euro-Africans, so it's wrong for you to use our our ancestors to question our present predisposition. Of course, we would have done much better if we had no encounter with Europeans. How do I know that? Because ALL civilizations that fought off Europeans are better than those who were conquered by Europeans.

No, we were not corrupt or evil in time past. But that's what you've been told by Europeans to justify their crimes and rulership over you. Research history and you'll discover the truth for yourself. We have been blackmailed, corrupted, and destroyed. Sadly, some of you think corruption is the cause. Corruption doesn't cause corruption!! Corruption is an effect. Corruption is a result of societal maladjustment. You are not the same African you would have been if slavery and colonialism didn't happen. If you spoke your native language, used it to acquire all your knowledge, and believe the same God as your ancestors, you'll be a complete different person. That's why the Jews didn't lose their identity and self will because they didn't lose the building block of culture and self consciousness. They didn't lose their LANGUAGE, EDUCATION, GOD. But in Africa we lost ours. That's the difference.

In Africa, our brains have been dealt a big blow to the extent we're scared to be ourselves again. Brother Ivan Van Setima said that "our brains have been nuclear bombed" and he's right. Everything else you see is as a result of that.

My point since it seems you missed it is that the time lapse is so far great that the effects of the Whites should at this point be redundant or infinitesimal. Check our current educational curriculum for example, History which should be used to reinforced our self beliefs in our culture, resolution and invention is no more there. Our language is no more being taught and these curriculum is not set by the Whites. The Whites are still teaching History and making a second Language compulsory in their own curriculum even when there's no examinal need for them. Those History courses are used to teach the future generations to belief in themselves.
Our many of the present generation can recount the Aba Women Riot or the great resistance of the Benin people and others. The Whites didn't ask us to remove those History, we deliberately did it ourselves.
There are so many examples. When China first started their technological drive (modern technology), they started with knock offs and we're ridiculed but they persisted with Government assistance and motivation. Today, the story is different. Come to Africa, every major Government project is executed by foreigners. If our Elites society wants to any meaningful project, they employ foreigners. Imagine if indigenous companies were use to execute roads and industries, I don't know their quality of work won't improve in over a decade that they will attempt exporting their crafts. Again It's not the Whites forcing us to chose these paths. If our political leaders really chose National Development over self, we would be talking about slavery and looting of our resources in passive
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by musicwriter(m): 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2021
emae009:

My point since it seems you missed it is that the time lapse is so far great that the effects of the Whites should at this point be redundant or infinitesimal. Check our current educational curriculum for example, History which should be used to reinforced our self beliefs in our culture, resolution and invention is no more there. Our language is no more being taught and these curriculum is not set by the Whites. The Whites are still teaching History and making a second Language compulsory in their own curriculum even when there's no examinal need for them. Those History courses are used to teach the future generations to belief in themselves.
Our many of the present generation can recount the Aba Women Riot or the great resistance of the Benin people and others. The Whites didn't ask us to remove those History, we deliberately did it ourselves.
There are so many examples. When China first started their technological drive (modern technology), they started with knock offs and we're ridiculed but they persisted with Government assistance and motivation. Today, the story is different. Come to Africa, every major Government project is executed by foreigners. If our Elites society wants to any meaningful project, they employ foreigners. Imagine if indigenous companies were use to execute roads and industries, I don't know their quality of work won't improve in over a decade that they will attempt exporting their crafts. Again It's not the Whites forcing us to chose these paths. If our political leaders really chose National Development over self, we would be talking about slavery and looting of our resources in passive

You don't just get it. Those ills you're talking about are EFFECTS. Indeed, white people are no longer here but they already set up a system that cause us to live in a state of disorientation as a result of what they installed before leaving. Yes, time have elapsed but we have already been given the tools to continue to enslave ourselves.

Through the thing called education, they installed their operating system (OS) and left. That operating system has corrupted our psyche in such a way that we now assume the white man's supremacy by ourselves to destroy ourselves.

We're still speaking the white man's language today. We're still learning in the white man's language today. We're still believing in the white man's God today. Doing those things have caused us to be disoriented and confined in a thought paradigm having us live vicariously upon the success of white people. Once we abandon the white man's language, education, religion, we'll evolve our own theories and solutions to our own problems. It's in our confinement in what foreigners gave us that have us stuck.

Kindly read the book: intellectual slavery, the worst legacy of colonialism. That's all you need to do and you'll understand why.

1 Like

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2021
musicwriter:

You don't just get it. Those ills you're talking about are EFFECTS. Indeed, white people are no longer here but they already set up a system that cause us to live in a state of disorientation as a result of what they installed before leaving. Yes, time have elapsed but we have already been given the tools to continue to enslave ourselves.

Through the thing called education, they installed their operating system (OS) and left. That operating system has corrupted our psyche in such a way that we now assume the white man's supremacy by ourselves to destroy ourselves.

We're still speaking the white man's language today. We're still learning in the white man's language today. We're still believing in the white man's God today. Doing those things have caused us to be disoriented and confined in a thought paradigm having us live vicariously upon the success of white people. Once we abandon the white man's language, education, religion, we'll evolve our own theories and solutions to our own problems. It's in our confinement in what foreigners gave us that have us stuck.

Kindly read the book: intellectual slavery, the worst legacy of colonialism. That's all you need to do and you'll understand why.

You are wrong
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
Shokoloko:

Youths in this forum need to do better.

1 Adding an insult does not make your argument more valid
2.One can always refute the message without attacking the person.

Be guided

HellVictorinho doesn't have to say something that you consider to be more valid

What else?
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by emae009(m): 6:45pm On Oct 14, 2021
musicwriter:

Can you answer these two questions for me?

1) Religion is practiced all over the world yet other nations are prospering, how come their orientation isn't destroyed?
2) Every technological advancement is done through science and art, the same education that produced microchips for the whites will produce microchips for Africa. So how is it bad education?

Saying we're conditioned to believe the whites supremacy is perpetuating a stereotype and complete BS.
Can you point out any physics, chemistry or economics theory that stipulates that the Whites are superior to Africans?

The book am supposed to read, how will I get it if not through the whites media?
Deactivate yourself from today's technology, stop speaking the whites language, cultivate the land and use the trade by barter system to live a peaceful live. When people see how successful you are, their orientation will change. A lot of "priest" in Asia are doing it and have massive followings

I'm not attacking you or anything, I just don't get when you say the education is wrong and yet others are using the same education to move ahead. Until we accepted that we're flawed and work on our own short coming, we'll still be stagnated and keep blaming others and making excuses for our own failures.
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2021
Lols. This person doesn't understand the nature of the problems and how deep they're.

I was conversing with an elderly man recently who is quite intelligent and has a lot of life experiences.

Yet with his impressive wealth of knowledge and experience, he made a shocking statement when someone asked him why he brushed his teeth late around 12pm instead of in the morning, and he replied, Oyibos instructed us to brush our teeth daily, not necessarily in the morning.

(This is a man who is quite well exposed and widely traveled.)

That simple yet important remark shows white supremacy is deeply ingrained in the psyche of most Nigerians.

It's even worse with the Nigerian Muslims, who believe Arabs are a superior race and chant the praises of Islamic prophets who are mostly Arabs, since Arabic is the only language Allah, their god, permits to be used in sallah (prayer) and is the language of the Qur'an.

Any quranic text translated to Yoruba, English or any other language isn't really Qur'an but an interpretation of Qur'an.

What Mohammed and the Arabs that created Islam are saying in other words words is that the number one language in the world is Arabic and that every other language is secondary.

Tell me why an average Nigerian Muslim won't see them as a superior race and revel in praising the forefathers of Arabs whose virtues are extolled in Qur'an and haadith.

Why does the average Nigerian Christian and Muslim see the whites and Arabs respectively as superior races?

The answer: we use the Western style of education, teach and do most official things in English, worship and pray in English and Arabic (for the religious ones in the majority).

Until we fix these issues, we'll continue to be the slaves of the whites and Arabs and will always trail them in terms of achievements and all human development indices.

In the words of Brymo, we're still slaves. But that form of slavery is mental, not physical. Mental slavery is even worse.
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by musicwriter(m): 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2021
emae009:

1) Religion is practiced all over the world yet other nations are prospering, how come their orientation isn't destroyed?
2) Every technological advancement is done through science and art, the same education that produced microchips for the whites will produce microchips for Africa. So how is it bad education?

Saying we're conditioned to believe the whites supremacy is perpetuating a stereotype and complete BS.
Can you point out any physics, chemistry or economics theory that stipulates that the Whites are superior to Africans?

The book am supposed to read, how will I get it if not through the whites media?
Deactivate yourself from today's technology, stop speaking the whites language, cultivate the land and use the trade by barter system to live a peaceful live. When people see how successful you are, their orientation will change. A lot of "priest" in Asia are doing it and have massive followings

I'm not attacking you or anything, I just don't get when you say the education is wrong and yet others are using the same education to move ahead. Until we accepted that we're flawed and work on our own short coming, we'll still be stagnated and keep blaming others and making excuses for our own failures.

Everything you're asking was addressed in said book and there's no need continuing a discussion that you can easily find the answer in one place.

However, let me briefly answer your two questions.

1. Those countries prospering with religion are doing so because the religions they have evolved through their voluntary direct participation in nature. The religions they have were not given to them by foreigners, rather they created it themselves in THEIR quest for spiritual enlightenment for THEIR wellbeing. In other words, they knew what they were doing when they created it. Saudi Arabia knew what they were doing when they created Islam. Europeans knew what they were doing when they created Christianity. China knew what they were doing when they created Confucianism. Japan knew what they were doing when they created Shintoism. India knew what they were doing when they created Hinduism and Buddhism. That's why they can never use it to destroy themselves. But that's not the case with other countries, example; Northern Nigeria that adopted Islamic ideology from Saudi Arabia. You can hear acts of terrorism everywhere in the world in name of Islam but Saudi Arabia the originator of Islam can never destroy themselves with Islam. Because a culture CANNOT create what would destroy it.

2. Knowledge is communicated with words. And whoever gives you the meaning of a word and the context for it's use, has limited your perception. Once white people made us believe that RED is red, BLUE is blue, GREEN is green, THE is the, BE is be, IT is it, IS is is, etc, we cannot challenge it. We can only work with that meaning. Have you ever heard anybody challenge the meaning of a word in English?

We're confined within their epistemology and meanings, which are un-natural to us. And there's no way to act outside of it, except in another language. Again, once we abandon their education, we will create knowledge that would be natural to us in our own native language. We will even challenge most of the things they teach us today using a different perception acquired in our native languages. Britain itself did the same thing in 1348 to free themselves from Greek and Latin, which were used to enslave them. Only then did they shake off the shackles of intellectual control and became great. Sorry, but no matter how I explain this, you'll never understand it until you read the recommended book.

2 Likes

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2021
musicwriter, please when will it be convenient for you to handle my request, bro?
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by musicwriter(m): 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2021
A001:
musicwriter, please when will it be convenient for you to handle my request, bro?

It'll be when I get to Lagos cause the person I told you didn't do it as expected.
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 8:07pm On Oct 14, 2021
musicwriter:

It'll be when I get to Lagos cause the person I told you didn't do it as expected.
All right. Hopefully, it won't be too long.
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 14, 2021
A001:
Lols. This person doesn't understand the nature of the problems and how deep they're.

I was conversing with an elderly man recently who is quite intelligent and has a lot of life experiences.

Yet with his impressive wealth of knowledge and experience, he made a shocking statement when someone asked him why he brushed his teeth late around 12pm instead of in the morning, and he replied, Oyibos instructed us to brush our teeth daily, not necessarily in the morning.

(This is a man who is quite well exposed and widely traveled.)

That simple yet important remark shows white supremacy is deeply ingrained in the psyche of most Nigerians.

It's even worse with the Nigerian Muslims, who believe Arabs are a superior race and chant the praises of Islamic prophets who are mostly Arabs, since Arabic is the only language Allah, their god, permits to be used in sallah (prayer) and is the language of the Qur'an.

Any quranic text translated to Yoruba, English or any other language isn't really Qur'an but an interpretation of Qur'an.

What Mohammed and the Arabs that created Islam are saying in other words words is that the number one language in the world is Arabic and that every other language is secondary.

Tell me why an average Nigerian Muslim won't see them as a superior race and revel in praising the forefathers of Arabs whose virtues are extolled in Qur'an and haadith.

Why does the average Nigerian Christian and Muslim see the whites and Arabs respectively as superior races?

The answer: we use the Western style of education, teach and do most official things in English, worship and pray in English and Arabic (for the religious ones in the majority).

Until we fix these issues, we'll continue to be the slaves of the whites and Arabs and will always trail them in terms of achievements and all human development indices.

In the words of Brymo, we're still slaves. But that form of slavery is mental, not physical. Mental slavery is even worse.

You are wrong
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 14, 2021
musicwriter:

Everything you're asking was addressed in said book and there's no need continuing a discussion that you can easily find the answer in one place.

However, let me briefly answer your two questions.

1. Those countries prospering with religion are doing so because the religions they have evolved through their voluntary direct participation in nature. The religions they have were not given to them by foreigners, rather they created it themselves in THEIR quest for spiritual enlightenment for THEIR wellbeing. In other words, they knew what they were doing when they created it. Saudi Arabia knew what they were doing when they created Islam. Europeans knew what they were doing when they created Christianity. China knew what they were doing when they created Confucianism. Japan knew what they were doing when they created Shintoism. India knew what they were doing when they created Hinduism and Buddhism. That's why they can never use it to destroy themselves. But that's not the case with other countries, example; Northern Nigeria that adopted Islamic ideology from Saudi Arabia. You can hear acts of terrorism everywhere in the world in name of Islam but Saudi Arabia the originator of Islam can never destroy themselves with Islam. Because a culture CANNOT create what would destroy it.

2. Knowledge is communicated with words. And whoever gives you the meaning of a word and the context for it's use, has limited your perception. Once white people made us believe that RED is red, BLUE is blue, GREEN is green, THE is the, BE is be, IT is it, IS is is, etc, we cannot challenge it. We can only work with that meaning. Have you ever heard anybody challenge the meaning of a word in English?

We're confined within their epistemology and meanings, which are un-natural to us. And there's no way to act outside of it, except in another language. Again, once we abandon their education, we will create knowledge that would be natural to us in our own native language. We will even challenge most of the things they teach us today using a different perception acquired in our native languages. Britain itself did the same thing in 1348 to free themselves from Greek and Latin, which were used to enslave them. Only then did they shake off the shackles of intellectual control and became great. Sorry, but no matter how I explain this, you'll never understand it until you read the recommended book.

I don't have to understand 56+45=5677777

So
Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 14, 2021
emae009:

You are wasting your time with those ones ..

They vomit waste and call it something to be understood

I hope you don't see yourself as a slave or inferior

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Renowned And Accepted Is A Certificate From NOUN / Studying Mbbs Course In China / Best Courses To Study In A Nigerian University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.