Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,403 members, 7,850,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:17 PM

Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History (2633 Views)

Horrible World History / Horrible World History / Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by emae009(m): 1:18am On Oct 15, 2021
Crystyano:

You are wasting your time with those ones ..

They vomit waste and call it something to be understood

I hope you don't see yourself as a slave or inferior

Iam A KING never a slave.

who get inferiority complex na him headache

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 1:54am On Oct 15, 2021
Only a mad man fights random people online from one thread to another who no get him time.

Better to avoid the mentally unstable kid with different monikers.
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 4:02am On Oct 15, 2021
Social media revives study which shows that all languages originated in Africa:
https://thegrio.com/2021/10/10/social-media-revives-study-languages-originated-in-africa/
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 15, 2021
emae009:

Your head is blessed

1 Like

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 15, 2021
A001:
Only a mad man fights random people online from one thread to another who no get him time.

Better to avoid the mentally unstable kid with different monikers.

When will you learn new grammar?
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 7:42pm On Oct 15, 2021
cool

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2021
emae009:

Hmm
Can you help me with something??
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 3:13am On Oct 18, 2021
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 5:36pm On Oct 20, 2021
Cambridge University to return Benin bronze to Nigeria in historic moment:
https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/benin-bronze-return-intl-gbr-scli/index.html
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2021
Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 7:14am On Nov 21, 2021
TEACHING MOMENT: You may have seen this photo before. It is one of my favorites. I am standing in Xalapa, Mexico slightly in front of and next to the colossal Olmec head called El Rey. In English El Rey means "The King."

I love it. Looks almost like a post card. The head is about three-thousand years old.

The Olmec civilization is universally regarded as the parent civilization of the Americas and the most outstanding and visible feature about the Olmec civilization are twenty massive stone heads with African features.

From 2014 to 2018 I took five tour groups to Mexico to see these heads. And the conclusion that I came to is that not only has there been a pervasive and influential African presence in Mexico from the most ancient times, but that at the height of the Olmec civilization in ancient Mexico there reigned a dynasty of African kings.

Yes, I realize the magnitude and implications of what I am saying.

I know that it goes beyond the parameters of what we are led to believe about African people in the Americas.

I know that it goes beyond the realm of slavery. But the evidence is indisputable that African people were well established in the Americas, particularly Mexico, both before Columbus and long before the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

I don't state such things lightly. I worked under and had a close relationship with Dr. Ivan Van Sertima--the world's leading authority on the African presence in early America--from 1981 until his death in May 2009.

I have studied African history for more than forty-five years. In the last twenty years I have traveled to more than a 120 countries, colonies and overseas territories in search of the African presence, have taken tens of thousands of photos and engaged in relentless research.

I was staggered by what I saw in Mexico and so my real question is why is this information not well known and why it had not penetrated the popular imagination?

Indeed, with the great divide that exists between the Mexican-American and African-American communities in the United States such information about the African presence in Mexican history can even be healing.

For it tells us that we have a long history of interactions.

Olmec civilization began about 1500 BCE and lasted until near the beginning of the Christian era.

It profoundly influenced all of the Meso-American civilizations the followed, including the Maya, the Totonac, the Zapotec and the Aztec. It is the parent civilization of the Americas.

To state that African people played a prominent role in American history from the very beginning is not an attempt to seize Native American and Mexican history and civilization.

It is simply a clear and unapologetic attempt to set the record straight, and that record states that African people have a history second to none, including a remarkable history in pre-Columbian America--and it is a history that deserves to be shouted to the world.

This is not new information.

The first was these heads was identified in 1862 by Mexican scholar Jose Melgar, who described it as "Ethiopian." By Ethiopian he simply meant African.

It is important to know that African people did not begin their history in the Americas as enslaved people.

They arrived as masters of their own fate and the arbiters of their own destinies. And, more than anyone else, Ivan Van Sertima showed to the world this basic fact—a fact that no rational and unbiased person would attempt to refute.

Runoko Rashidi

Source:

http://drrunoko.com/product/uncovering-the-african-past-the-ivan-van-sertima-papers/

Re: Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History by A001: 8:25am On Dec 06, 2021
ANCIENT BUDDHIST CAVE PAINTINGS IN CENTRAL CHINA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Renowned And Accepted Is A Certificate From NOUN / Our Jamb Centers / Fedponek Ends Post Utme Form On 29/06/12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.