Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

What Is Something Nobody Told You, But You Wish You Knew Earlier? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is Something Nobody Told You, But You Wish You Knew Earlier? (358 Views)

What Nobody Told You About Kissing / Things To Know About Postinor 2 That Nobody Told You / Sleeping Late Will Kill You Earlier - Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Something Nobody Told You, But You Wish You Knew Earlier? by Crazeworld(m): 6:27am On Oct 13, 2021
Saw this on Quora and thought it's worth sharing.

I wish someone told me earlier about the downsides of wearing noise-canceling headphones.

Today I learned that the high-pitched noise in my ear is tinnitus. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. Tinnitus fits the definition of insanity.

Imagine every moment of your day being punctuated by a deafening high-pitched noise. That’s what my life is now like.

How it happened
I spent my youth in nightclubs and playing drums. By my 20s, I gave up music. But I still loved listening to music and pumping tunes.

Rewind to two years ago. my girlfriend gifted me a pair of Bose noise-canceling headphones.

I’ve said many times online that these headphones help me get into a deep flow state and block out all the noise.

The problem is I f*cked it up.

I’ve worn the headphones most days for the last 2 years during the entire 8-hour workday.

2.5 weeks ago, the high-pitched noise I used to get after work stopped going away like it normally does.

I saw the doctor today and got told it’s tinnitus.
Oh … and there’s no cure.

Takeaways
1. Wearing headphones every day can screw up your ears.

2. Lower the volume of your music (by a lot).

3. Take breaks from headphones.

4. Have days where you don’t wear headphones.

5. Wear earplugs at loud concerts.

6. Use speakers in your office instead of in-ear headphones.

I have no idea how I’m going to live with this. But I must. Don’t be a d*ckhead like I was. You get one pair of ears. Look after them.

So what do you wish you knew before now?
Re: What Is Something Nobody Told You, But You Wish You Knew Earlier? by Tonka: 6:49am On Oct 13, 2021
That marriage was d biggest scam in history
Re: What Is Something Nobody Told You, But You Wish You Knew Earlier? by PENNYSWAP: 6:59am On Oct 13, 2021
I wish I knew technology will be taking over when I finished my secondary school in the year 2003.
My fiend paid serious attention during computer classes and after our SSCE , instead of writing jamb , he went and enrolled into computer hardware training , when I was in my second year , he was already rooted in software and programming.
I was in my final year and he just got admission into computer Engineering and he already had a shop with 3boys as apprentice, he gets contract from Inec of my state during election period for some tech job and after election , he buys most of the computer and batteries from inec at a very cheaper rate.

Long story short , he is in UK now

1 Like

Re: What Is Something Nobody Told You, But You Wish You Knew Earlier? by Benki003(m): 7:14am On Oct 13, 2021
Wish I knew Nigeria was bleeped up I was supposed to start saving since I was little wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Inside Nigeria’s Unregulated Human Egg Industry- Al Jazeera / Gonorrhea Treatment & Easy Prevention Technique / I Can’t Still Sleep For Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.