Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,487 members, 7,812,511 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant (43592 Views)

Girl Who Built Solar-powered Water Purifier For Her Community At Just 12, Receiv / A Nigerian Secondary School Student Built A Car / ABU Student Who Reportedly Committed Suicide Is Still Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Sigggy: 1:18pm On Oct 13, 2021
Update from

A Student of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria named Usman Dalhatu, has won a $10,000 (N4 million) start-up grant for his clean energy innovation of a solar-powered cooker that also has an in-built television, Siggy reveals.

The talented engineering student won the grant also got accepted into All On and The Rockefeller Foundation funded Nigeria Climate Innovation Center’s 2021 off grid energy incubation programme.

The young man who had been recognized by the federal government in the past for creating an automatic ventilator was one of the eight winners from a list of 21 persons who made it to the finals.

According to Weibe Boer, CEO of All On, the funds given to Usman, will be used to scale up production of the innovation to kiosk franchise owners in Kaduna, Kano, FCT, and Abuja.

He added that the innovation would be used to create access to cleaner energy for tens of thousands of tea vendors stand across Nigeria.

https:///abu-student-who-built-solar-powered-cooker-with-tv-gets-10000-grant-photos/

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Sigggy: 1:18pm On Oct 13, 2021
This is wonderful. Sincerely, I checked out his name and I was happy. At least seeing something different from a northerner aside from banditry, boko haram, political bias and child marriage cool...
Make una still give SIGGY grant too abegg. Make he see money dey post update tongue

257 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Totilopussylick(m): 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2021
Young Man sure used his talent positively wink.

149 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Charlieluvboy(m): 1:20pm On Oct 13, 2021
Nice innovation hope he gets more financial help to commercialize this

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by TarOrfeeek: 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
They will still use to wage Johad.

That's the problem with this Indomie and fry egg people with black marker on their forehead.

Everything is Johad.

They even have a ministry against Innovation.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by DaddyRochie1642: 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2021
He should be on the Lookout for "Friends"

5 Likes

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by rex444(m): 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
I don't know if it's just me... How did he even get the funding to build that stand ? The well to do using style to give emselve money ... Check am na, ee go be one big alhaji pikin

14 Likes

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by McStoic(m): 3:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
Sigggy:
Update from

A Student of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria named Usman Dalhatu, has won a $10,000 (N4 million) start-up grant for his clean energy innovation of a solar-powered cooker that also has an in-built television, Siggy reveals.

The talented engineering student won the grant also got accepted into All On and The Rockefeller Foundation funded Nigeria Climate Innovation Center’s 2021 off grid energy incubation programme.

The young man who had been recognized by the federal government in the past for creating an automatic ventilator was one of the eight winners from a list of 21 persons who made it to the finals.

According to Weibe Boer, CEO of All On, the funds given to Usman, will be used to scale up production of the innovation to kiosk franchise owners in Kaduna, Kano, FCT, and Abuja.

He added that the innovation would be used to create access to cleaner energy for tens of thousands of tea vendors stand across Nigeria.

https:///abu-student-who-built-solar-powered-cooker-with-tv-gets-10000-grant-photos/

Finally, a good news cum innovation from an aboki..

13 Likes

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by JOACHINpedro: 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2021
This is extremely innovative shocked
Kudos to him

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Gadafii: 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2021
beautiful and commendable

no be every time, almajiri, boko haram and bandits

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by dollynnn(f): 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2021
Nigeria is blessed with brains. It's quite unfortunate that the government is myopic

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
rex444:
I don't know if it's just me... How did he even get the funding to build that stand ? The well to do using style to give emselve money ... Check am na, ee go be one big alhaji pikin

because he not the usual Yoruba and Igbo amaka

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:04pm On Oct 13, 2021
rex444:

because he not the usual Yoruba and Igbo amaka.come orile iganmu welders construct things like this

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Robisky001(m): 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
Can anything good come from Nazareth

2 Likes

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Tomahawk99(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

They will still use to wage Johad.

That's the problem with this Indomie and fry egg people with black marker on their forehead.

Everything is Johad.

They even have a ministry against Innovation.
Control your jealousy and envy you donkey.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Tomahawk99(m): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
This is impressive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Tomahawk99(m): 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
rex444:
Yes it is just you. No be everyone get small brain.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Seeksnigeria: 6:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
Criticism and bad blood aside, how do you guys think he got the funds to build a project like this in the first place if he doesn't already have money?

3 Likes

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Solidkay(m): 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2021
This is the first good news I'm hearing concerning the education sector since Buhari assumed office.
Awesome

1 Like

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Faber(m): 7:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
He should be on the Lookout for "Friends"

Bullshit talk as usual. That's how you ladies lead young men astray.

So for a paltry sum of 4million he will now dump his friends who have been there for him all these while.

Stop reasoning like a cockroach

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Kiddogarcia(m): 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
Excellence finally rewarded

2 Likes

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by rex444(m): 8:44pm On Oct 13, 2021
And you are quoting a small brainer ...don't you think it's a privilege I get to talk to one who's got big brains Yay
Tomahawk99:

Yes it is just you. No be everyone get small brain.

3 Likes

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by rex444(m): 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2021
If only you understood your quote from the unbiased angle
hakeemhakeem:

because he not the usual Yoruba and Igbo amaka.come orile iganmu welders construct things like this

1 Like

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by DaddyRochie1642: 8:49pm On Oct 13, 2021
Faber:

Bullshit talk as usual. That's how you ladies lead young men astray.

So for a paltry sum of 4million he will now dump his friends who have been there for him all these while.

Stop reasoning like a cockroach

Oga I want it to pepper you very well grin

1 Like

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by mytime24(f): 9:02pm On Oct 13, 2021
That money too small sef, he needs more money to expand his coast

If na bbn now u know d rest

4 Likes

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by TMKsouth: 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
Very nice cool
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
This is highly commendable. It's people like this that need support and audience not those coded yahoo boys and small girl big alhaji grin grin
They will not take this to front page now but if na to ban or push irrelevant posts to front page now e no go take time.

4 Likes

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
TMKsouth:
Very nice cool
Very! He truly deserves that grant and I hope it's used judiciously.

3 Likes

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by ClassicMan202(m): 10:49pm On Oct 13, 2021
Na to order one keep for house o.... Since na solar I go dey use am watch television... as Nepa no wan get sense

2 Likes

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Elumelu99(m): 11:18pm On Oct 13, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When You Finish A Test That The Other Classes Haven't Taken Yet (photo) / SARS Officials Harass UNIBEN Students For Driving Range Rover (VIDEO) / Nigerian Sets Record, Scores 5.0 GPA In Russia..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.