Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,401 members, 7,830,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant (43660 Views)

Girl Who Built Solar-powered Water Purifier For Her Community At Just 12, Receiv / A Nigerian Secondary School Student Built A Car / ABU Student Who Reportedly Committed Suicide Is Still Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Kokaine(m): 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2021
rex444:
Aswear na to raise family now but we have to strive to raise em in a good environment... I be jos boy , Most of my friends are from the north and I have nothing against someone's success... Like I told U, I have friends who get paid for nothing ....a nice invention , 10,000$ really ? I just wish U saw it from d angle I saw
Correct guy.

I'm into building circuits. I make inverters and home automation devices. Believe me this solar stove is a very very difficult thing to make. So many factors. Creating anything that can burn a heating element and yet consumes low energy enough to be powered by solar is very very difficult. You will need to achieve heating with a small amount of DC current so that users don't need more than one panel of 200watt. People have tried it using spark plugs. Check YouTube and see the rubbish solutions even oyibo dey try do. If I have this guys number I swear I will patronise him. I own an ecommerce website for selling solar products. I have been looking for one guy in Kaduna to sell solar stove, I didn't get. One company called secodi.org started in Lagos, they folded up. The only place to get solar stove in Nigeria now is that you order it from konga. With the current prices of gas and electricity, selling this stove online can fetch you a good amount even if you only add 2k as profit. People dey find am. Especially because you fit use am cook beans during the day time. Do Instagram ads, and Facebook ads. people are looking for that product. Abeg if you know anyone wey get am. I go come find you. I go travel come anywhere to strike deal grin grin grin grin
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by rex444(m): 1:53pm On Oct 14, 2021
Solar stove right ? Lemme put up some calls ... Meanwhile anything come up I go update via this medium.... Correct guy
Kokaine:

Correct guy.

I'm into building circuits. I make inverters and home automation devices. Believe me this solar stove is a very very difficult thing to make. So many factors. Creating anything that can burn a heating element and yet consumes low energy enough to be powered by solar is very very difficult. You will need to achieve heating with a small amount of DC current so that users don't need more than one panel of 200watt. People have tried it using spark plugs. Check YouTube and see the rubbish solutions even oyibo dey try do. If I have this guys number I swear I will patronise him. I own an ecommerce website for selling solar products. I have been looking for one guy in Kaduna to sell solar stove, I didn't get. One company called secodi.org started in Lagos, they folded up. The only place to get solar stove in Nigeria now is that you order it from konga. With the current prices of gas and electricity, selling this stove online can fetch you a good amount even if you only add 2k as profit. People dey find am. Especially because you fit use am cook beans during the day time. Do Instagram ads, and Facebook ads. people are looking for that product. Abeg if you know anyone wey get am. I go come find you. I go travel come anywhere to strike deal grin grin grin grin
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Kokaine(m): 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2021
rex444:
Solar stove right ? Lemme put up some calls ... Meanwhile anything come up I go update via this medium.... Correct guy
thanks brother I appreciate
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Lugianostar(m): 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2021
Best news from the north since 12 years.?
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by PastorFire: 2:12pm On Oct 14, 2021
rex444:
there is a picture you guys have not understood, I am sorry I can't begin to explain to anyone but there is a lot to that pix that meets the eye .... That a president feels comfortable fueling our jet to come and commission gutter... Is it not this same nairaland you see much much younger boys from east, south east doing amazing things and yet no one gives them 100 naira... I just see that as a means to continue siphoning money as they do.... I have a northern friend who does nothing but every month $200 go enter him account as him monthly pay ...
Was it government that gave him the grant? What is wrong with a corporate gesture?. Even in advanced countries, less than 30% of people who do great things are unrecognized. Except somehow someway, you hit the lamplight. So, take a chill bro.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by liasmiram2567: 2:15pm On Oct 14, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

They will still use to wage Johad.

That's the problem with this Indomie and fry egg people with black marker on their forehead.

Everything is Johad.

They even have a ministry against Innovation.

Can't you for once appreciate good things?
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Kokobilo87: 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
HellVictorinho:

What do you see as an invention

Is there any technology that doesn't involve 'putting together'??

You need to get Educated
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by mikkyt(m): 2:28pm On Oct 14, 2021
Andreas Periera (Manchester United Loanee) Wonder goals⚽⚽⚽are not Properly hyped .

He scored another stunner yesterday

Watch here⚽⚽⚽⚽��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N09M3hvCbuk
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by edoairways: 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2021
@Praxis758

Before you support those mushroom endorsements, have you for once thought of why most Nigerian brands and companies don't live long like their peers in advanced countries?
They don't leave long because your government gives harshly policies that aren't favourable.

The Simple reasons is lack of innovative minds to embark on researches that will sustains/renew their brands, management and tools to make them up-to-date in an emerging world/market.
You just economical with the truth.

Why do you think Bill gate, google, Elon Musk, Facebook, Amazon etc all pump money into research?. It is because they know that that's the only catalyst that will keep them relevant in the future.
They pump money into research for their own benefit not because they want to help humanity.

Most of our industries are moribund not solely because of epipleric power supply of unfavourable government policies, but those companies failed to embark on researches to sustain their relevance.
Persistent power outage has been the major reason. This is why companies like Unilever relocated some of their product line to Ghana. This has nothing to do with research at all
[/quote]
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Praxis758: 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2021
edoairways:
@Praxis758

They don't leave long because your government gives harshly policies that aren't favourable.

You just economical with the truth.

They pump money into research for their own benefit not because they want to help humanity.

Persistent power outage has been the major reason. This is why companies like Unilever relocated some of their product line to Ghana. This has nothing to do with research at all

How can a country that debase research have a stable power supply?

How can a country that doesn't prioritize innovative minds have an effective working system?

How can a set of citizens who celebrate criminals in leadership have a sane policy to back it's economy?

How can a country where its billionaires are overnight made?

How can the said billionaires create mass jobs when they prefer buying mansions and exotic cars for prostitutes while neglecting funding is research?

I'm so disappointed in you for defending this indefensible.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2021
Kokobilo87:

You need to get Educated

What do you see as education
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 14, 2021
Praxis758:

How can a country that doesn't prioritize innovative minds have an effective working system?

How can a set of citizens who celebrate criminals in leadership have a sane policy to back it's economy?

How can the said billionaires create mass jobs when they prefer buying mansions and exotic cars for prostitutes while neglecting funding is research?

Stop vomitting such waste

Is it everybody that does what you see as what the citizens do?

What is the use of saying a country does this or that!?!!!?!!!?

Is the country made of one personality

What sort of catastrophically useless generalizations are these by you!!!!
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by brandsoncharlie: 6:17pm On Oct 14, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

And how much did it cost to build this? Who told you it cost so much money to build in the first place?
Only the prototype and model is money. Sponsors are ready to collaborate with you and pay.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by edoairways: 7:56pm On Oct 14, 2021
Praxis758:

Na teeth dem dey use do research or you think researchers don't need electricity?. You don't know what is going at all. Get a stable power supply and watch how things change.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Scamperlee(m): 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
Good innovation. I love it.
Better than carton and wood vehicle prototype I have been seeing all this while
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by ultimateprof: 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2021
BH will soon kidnap him so that he can produce weapons for them.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Praxis758: 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2021
edoairways:

Na teeth dem dey use do research or you think researchers don't need electricity?. You don't know what is going at all. Get a stable power supply and watch how things change.

Part of my questions addressesed leadership. Get your leadership right, and electricity headache will turn Celebration.

Funds being wasted to service bureaucracy and dead weights in governance can be channeled into research if we area serious country. Of what use/value is 2 National Assembly when we can presently have one. Think of the money a mono legislature will save us.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by McStoic(m): 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2021
gidado14:

hahaha you as what? your mumu na extra level

Say it again without crying... grin
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by TMKsouth: 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2021
Silentgroper:
u trippin?

Why not? It looks cool - that's the main selling point for me.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Silentgroper(m): 10:28pm On Oct 14, 2021
TMKsouth:

Why not? It looks cool - that's the main selling point for me.
Yeahhh. Bt it looks odd attaching a tv to it.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by TMKsouth: 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2021
Silentgroper:
Yeahhh. Bt it looks odd attaching a tv to it.

If it's a market stall then the TV is meant for customers while they wait for the takeaways. I'd use it as a display screen to advertise specials like at fast food joints - instead of playing Nollywood movies though.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Silentgroper(m): 10:52pm On Oct 14, 2021
TMKsouth:

If it's a market stall then the TV is meant for customers while they wait for the takeaways. I'd use it as a display screen to advertise specials like at fast food joints - instead of playing Nollywood movies though.
nah. In nigeria, it's definitely going to be movies. But i'd be disappointed if nollywood movies are played. I'd rather netflix is being fixed in it so we can see quality movies while we await our meal.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by obama30: 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2021
Sigggy:
Update from

A Student of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria named Usman Dalhatu, has won a $10,000 (N4 million) start-up grant for his clean energy innovation of a solar-powered cooker that also has an in-built television, Siggy reveals.

The talented engineering student won the grant also got accepted into All On and The Rockefeller Foundation funded Nigeria Climate Innovation Center’s 2021 off grid energy incubation programme.

The young man who had been recognized by the federal government in the past for creating an automatic ventilator was one of the eight winners from a list of 21 persons who made it to the finals.

According to Weibe Boer, CEO of All On, the funds given to Usman, will be used to scale up production of the innovation to kiosk franchise owners in Kaduna, Kano, FCT, and Abuja.

He added that the innovation would be used to create access to cleaner energy for tens of thousands of tea vendors stand across Nigeria.

https:///abu-student-who-built-solar-powered-cooker-with-tv-gets-10000-grant-photos/

To those who are not Bio-system engineer think he created something special, But a well checked on the program seem that he create rubbish. he just use the avenue to make name from people that doesn't know anything about energy.

first he converted energy from battery and plug mini wattage consumption electric gas-cooker and TV on the converted energy from the battery, Or that he plug direct current low consumption gas and TV on the battery without conversion.

what makes it wort is that the amount of heats consumed by gas cooker cannot be replaced by any panels no matter the voltage. so the whole of his powered cooker may not last long when cooking heavy food. Many can deceived few but not all people.

constructing of seating base doesn't makes it a special.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Viraltrends123: 8:31am On Oct 17, 2021
obama30:

To those who are not Bio-system engineer think he created something special, But a well checked on the program seem that he create rubbish. he just use the avenue to make name from people that doesn't know anything about energy.

first he converted energy from battery and plug mini wattage consumption electric gas-cooker and TV on the converted energy from the battery, Or that he plug direct current low consumption gas and TV on the battery without conversion.

what makes it wort is that the amount of heats consumed by gas cooker cannot be replaced by any panels no matter the voltage. so the whole of his powered cooker may not last long when cooking heavy food. Many can deceived few but not all people.

constructing of seating base doesn't makes it a special.
<b>Th young man who had been recognized by the federal government in the past for creating an automatic ventilator was one of the eight winners from a list of 21 persons who made it to the finals.</b>

You hatred for anything northerner or anyone on hijab cannot be quenched by me, because it's from shaytan himself. But, I will have to say something.

You as a biosystem engineer, what have you created, this is not the first time this young man try doing something with his brain, but all you just do is to condemn, is that what you learnt in school, is this the biosystem engineering you wanted in future.

From the picture alone, you thought you know the whole design. I'm just glad the guy won't be here to read this, he is somewhere doing something, and making his money, while you are hear condemning and loosing. Seems you do know about the laws of life, you don't know that one of it is, celebrating other people successes, draws you closer to yours. Being happy for others draws you closer to your happiness.

Just like he designed and created an automatic ventilator in the past, and then did this, the man deserves and accolade. People like you are one of those driving the country back, it pains me to see someone condemning someone else's sweat. After so much hard work, to do something good, even if he only sew a cloth, or make a paper house, must you condemn. While he was doing his job, you were busy sleeping and waking for weeks, logging on nairaland for him to finish and them claimed he did nothing. You guys are disgusting.

Lastly, you are an idiot sir.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by obama30: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2021
Viraltrends123:
<b>Th young man who had been recognized by the federal government in the past for creating an automatic ventilator was one of the eight winners from a list of 21 persons who made it to the finals.</b>

You hatred for anything northerner or anyone on hijab cannot be quenched by me, because it's from shaytan himself. But, I will have to say something.

You as a biosystem engineer, what have you created, this is not the first time this young man try doing something with his brain, but all you just do is to condemn, is that what you learnt in school, is this the biosystem engineering you wanted in future.

From the picture alone, you thought you know the whole design. I'm just glad the guy won't be here to read this, he is somewhere doing something, and making his money, while you are hear condemning and loosing. Seems you do know about the laws of life, you don't know that one of it is, celebrating other people successes, draws you closer to yours. Being happy for others draws you closer to your happiness.

Just like he designed and created an automatic ventilator in the past, and then did this, the man deserves and accolade. People like you are one of those driving the country back, it pains me to see someone condemning someone else's sweat. After so much hard work, to do something good, even if he only sew a cloth, or make a paper house, must you condemn. While he was doing his job, you were busy sleeping and waking for weeks, logging on nairaland for him to finish and them claimed he did nothing. You guys are disgusting.

Lastly, you are an idiot sir.

you are just a regional fool.
we have gone far in technology and not in business of celebrating failure.
what he create is completely trash that are celebrating by fail system.
May be you don't know what an Bio-system engineer does.
First i didn't study in zoo country call Nigeria.
secondly my product is acceptable in Europe and America and had been in many homes for past 8 years. I am still the only producer of AC to Ac converter in the world. we are not engineer to create nonsense but to develop for better living.
good luck to your half baked celebration
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Viraltrends123: 11:59am On Oct 17, 2021
obama30:

you are just a regional fool.
we have gone far in technology and not in business of celebrating failure.
what he create is completely trash that are celebrating by fail system.
May be you don't know what an Bio-system engineer does.
First i didn't study in zoo country call Nigeria.
secondly my product is acceptable in Europe and America and had been in many homes for past 8 years. I am still the only producer of AC to Ac converter in the world. we are not engineer to create nonsense but to develop for better living.
good luck to your half baked celebration
I have nothing else to say to an idoit sir. Thanks. Keep hating them
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by obama30: 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2021
Viraltrends123:
I have nothing else to say to an idoit sir. Thanks. Keep hating them

I addresses you as regional idiot because you reason from tribalism instead of seeing the truth.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Viraltrends123: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2021
obama30:

I addresses you as regional idiot because you reason from tribalism instead of seeing the truth.
That's your problem Mr. Man
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Timekeeper: 1:36pm On Oct 25, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

12-Year-Old Student Impregnated By Katsina Vice Principal Puts To Bed / Professor Jibrin Diso Wins Innoson’s N8.8m SUV (Photo) / Success Adegor: Okotie-Eboh Primary School Sapele Undergoing Renovation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.