Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant (43656 Views)

Girl Who Built Solar-powered Water Purifier For Her Community At Just 12, Receiv / A Nigerian Secondary School Student Built A Car / ABU Student Who Reportedly Committed Suicide Is Still Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Kokaine(m): 9:29am On Oct 14, 2021
rex444:
I don't know if it's just me... How did he even get the funding to build that stand ? The well to do using style to give emselve money ... Check am na, ee go be one big alhaji pikin
hmm... i really pity who keep you as friend. you bring negative vibe and your energies is poison. i would advice your friends to keep secrets from you so your evil mind doesnt poison them. wanan yaro bakada ankali gaskiya. ni ba na so mutane masa hasada. people like his never do well in life and they will drag their friends and colleagues backwards with envy and bad wishes. your eyes see evil in everything. dan iskar
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:29am On Oct 14, 2021
That environment looks so cool and beautiful. Imagine eating a nice dinner and watching TV while facing the beautiful Lagoon.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Kokobilo87: 9:31am On Oct 14, 2021
edoairways:

Ignorance is a disease

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaHC5sOmQJA

In other words it is running on a 12 volts battery.

1 Like

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by toffyz(m): 9:32am On Oct 14, 2021
hakeemhakeem:

because he not the usual Yoruba and Igbo amaka.come orile iganmu welders construct things like this

Lol, this is quite different oo
Those that gave him $10K are not dullards @ all, he has satisfied all possible requirements
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by edoairways: 9:33am On Oct 14, 2021
Kokobilo87:

In other words it is running on a 12 volts battery.
The battery is to ignite the power. Even if it is removed, it doesn't off the gen
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Kokobilo87: 9:36am On Oct 14, 2021
Trustedpronet:

Google it I don't argue. The video is also on YouTube

His generator was clearly using a 12volts battery to pump water into a turbine to cause rotational motion. This is how the hydropower plant works. This time they used a dam and force water through a narrow channel to turn the turbine. What he did is not being powered by water like hydro plant but his is powered by a batter which power a pump to pump water through the turbine

1 Like

Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Silentgroper(m): 9:36am On Oct 14, 2021
Kokobilo87:

He did not make any invention to begin with. He just put things together. It's like putting a TV on your cupboard, add inverter and battery and connect it to a solar panel.
nd a cooker on d cupboard right?
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by edoairways: 9:36am On Oct 14, 2021
Praxis758:
Those yeye companies won't fund this innovative mind but will be queuing to sign those immoral nudists from BBN as brand ambassadors.

Funding, appreciating and promoting a great talent like this is what makes western world greater and bigger than the rest of the world.
Before you blame those companies, have you for once thought what majority like?
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Kokobilo87: 9:38am On Oct 14, 2021
edoairways:

The battery is to ignite the power. Even if it is removed, it doesn't off the gen

Ah you sure? Why does it have 6hours of run time? Battery die or water finish? In a close system like that that water is supposed to be there for months. Have ya seen how ah car radiator works? How ah car cool isa engine?
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Safyqueen: 9:38am On Oct 14, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

They will still use to wage Johad.

That's the problem with this Indomie and fry egg people with black marker on their forehead.

Everything is Johad.

They even have a ministry against Innovation.

Everything will definitely look like jihad for you until you cure yourself from ethno-religio-tribal bigotry and Islamaphobia.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by edoairways: 9:39am On Oct 14, 2021
Kokobilo87:

Ah you sure? Why does it have 6hours of run time? Battery die or water finish? In a close system like that that water is supposed to be there for months. Have ya seen how ah car radiator works? How ah car cool isa engine?
It is a prototype
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 9:39am On Oct 14, 2021
That TV will not last for too long due to the natural internally generated heat which has nowhere to properly dissipate inside the box and the heat from the cooker on top....VERY BAD COMBINATION TO HOUSE TOGETHER ! The evaluators that gave him the grant did not think it through all. What is in essence of the TV in the design ?

Sigggy:
Update from

A Student of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria named Usman Dalhatu, has won a $10,000 (N4 million) start-up grant for his clean energy innovation of a solar-powered cooker that also has an in-built television, Siggy reveals.

The talented engineering student won the grant also got accepted into All On and The Rockefeller Foundation funded Nigeria Climate Innovation Center’s 2021 off grid energy incubation programme.

The young man who had been recognized by the federal government in the past for creating an automatic ventilator was one of the eight winners from a list of 21 persons who made it to the finals.

According to Weibe Boer, CEO of All On, the funds given to Usman, will be used to scale up production of the innovation to kiosk franchise owners in Kaduna, Kano, FCT, and Abuja.

He added that the innovation would be used to create access to cleaner energy for tens of thousands of tea vendors stand across Nigeria.

https:///abu-student-who-built-solar-powered-cooker-with-tv-gets-10000-grant-photos/
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Trustedpronet: 9:40am On Oct 14, 2021
Kokobilo87:

His generator was clearly using a 12volts battery to pump water into a turbine to cause rotational motion. This is how the hydropower plant works. This time they used a dam and force water through a narrow channel to turn the turbine. What he did is not being powered by water like hydro plant but his is powered by a batter which power a pump to pump water through the turbine
Fine....battery is also involved in the solar system the Abu engineering built. My point is the generator wasn't using fuel same way as solar.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Kokobilo87: 9:40am On Oct 14, 2021
Silentgroper:
nd a cooker on d cupboard right?

I have ah cooker ona cupboard. It is connected to ah electric. I can put inverter and battery and TV if I want. But the cupboard holds pots and kettle instead
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by edoairways: 9:41am On Oct 14, 2021
Angelvicky:
Excellent work, that will are expenting for youths not yahoo.it also a good news since this regime came to power.God will continue to give our youth more knowledge for more creative winkExcellent work, that will are expenting for youths not yahoo.it also a good news since this regime came to power.God will continue to give our youth more knowledge for more creative
Good thing indeed! Have you for once asked why yahooism is rampant especially in Southern Nigeria?
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Kokobilo87: 9:43am On Oct 14, 2021
Trustedpronet:

Fine....battery is also involved in the solar system the Abu engineering built. My point is the generator wasn't using fuel same way as solar.

Everything needs a source. His generator needs electricity to work. I know he told some lies. That system cannot generate 240v without inverter.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by AbdulHakeem44(m): 9:47am On Oct 14, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

That's the problem with this Indomie and fry egg people with black marker on their forehead.

Everything is Johad.

Talking trash. No Muslim on earth is against technological innovations, when they say innovations in Islam, they meant acts of worship not legislated in Quran or hadeeth, it is called bid'a in Islam. I guess you wrote this because u saw a bus with the inscription "Fight against innovation". Is this bus not an innovation? Are phones, computers, bombs and all other weapons not technological innovations? Are terrorist not using them? So don't confuse yourself or swim in a pool of ignorance, Islamic innovation such as celebration of prophet Muhammad birthday, singing before starting prayers is different from technological innovations. Hope this clarifies your ignorance.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Yankee101: 9:48am On Oct 14, 2021
The heat will fasten the damage of the tv circuits and microchips
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Kokobilo87: 9:49am On Oct 14, 2021
Trustedpronet:

Also, if it's the water that is powering the gen he would have been able to disconnect the battery. Come to think of it the water part is just ah fake too. Itsa just a battery and inverter thats all. If itsa charge that battery like he claimed, why 6hours runtime? Solar system don't charge battery from the batteries own energy, it's against physics law. The sun charge the battery, the battery power the house and charge other batteries but not itself
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Danito40(m): 9:53am On Oct 14, 2021
An ABU student is naturally ahead....
Such innovative skill should be encouraged...encouraged bbn with 90million naira..while this intriguing innovation with just 4million....I weep for my country
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by KillIgbohoN0W: 9:55am On Oct 14, 2021
Nor be Mai Suya stand be dis??
Rubbish and Abokina
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by prophetic69(m): 10:03am On Oct 14, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
He should be on the Lookout for "Friends"
even women check out the way that woman wrapped her hands around his neck o
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Trustedpronet: 10:03am On Oct 14, 2021
Kokobilo87:

Everything needs a source. His generator needs electricity to work. I know he told some lies. That system cannot generate 240v without inverter.

Uhmmmmm
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Kokobilo87: 10:09am On Oct 14, 2021
Trustedpronet:

It was not using water also. It was just using battery and inverter which is something tha isa not new, readily available in stores. No need for all the nonsense he was doing with ah gas cylinder.

He lied tha system was charging tha battery. We know tha law. AC current cannot charge DC battery. If tha system isa charge tha battery and tha water isa not suppose to run out. Why does it have 6hours runtime?
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by skukimania(f): 10:09am On Oct 14, 2021
She TV yii o ni l’ana bayii? How person go dey cook on top TV?
It looks beautiful though!
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 14, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Everything is Johad.

You people are the most fanatics we have ever seen in Nigeria. How can u hide behind ur bigotry and dogmatic life and expect to know more abt Nigeria?
Go and see annual Engineering student's project from ABU, BUK, Minna and other universities, u will die in infinite jealousy!
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by elbaraj2020(m): 10:11am On Oct 14, 2021
Sigggy:
Update from

A Student of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria named Usman Dalhatu, has won a $10,000 (N4 million) start-up grant for his clean energy innovation of a solar-powered cooker that also has an in-built television, Siggy reveals.

The talented engineering student won the grant also got accepted into All On and The Rockefeller Foundation funded Nigeria Climate Innovation Center’s 2021 off grid energy incubation programme.

The young man who had been recognized by the federal government in the past for creating an automatic ventilator was one of the eight winners from a list of 21 persons who made it to the finals.

According to Weibe Boer, CEO of All On, the funds given to Usman, will be used to scale up production of the innovation to kiosk franchise owners in Kaduna, Kano, FCT, and Abuja.

He added that the innovation would be used to create access to cleaner energy for tens of thousands of tea vendors stand across Nigeria.

https:///abu-student-who-built-solar-powered-cooker-with-tv-gets-10000-grant-photos/
I hope other regions won't see this as connection again.. because all they think is northern people are dummies...shey unna hear again one Northern prof. Don nobel peace prize for literature abi? Unna must know say no body get monopoly to know book, na how you take serious na'im mata... congratulations brother...#IamNorth
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Kokobilo87: 10:11am On Oct 14, 2021
Danito40:
An ABU student is naturally ahead....
Such innovative skill should be encouraged...encouraged bbn with 90million naira..while this intriguing innovation with just 4million....I weep for my country

There is nothing innovative about this. If I call a carpenter to make a cabinet for me to add a Playstation to the cupboard then add a cooker, a battery an inverter and a solar panel that isa innovation? Lol. Nigerians
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Kokobilo87: 10:12am On Oct 14, 2021
elbaraj2020:

I hope other regions won't see this as connection again.. because all they think is northern people are dummies...shey unna hear again one Northern prof. Don nobel peace prize for literature abi? Unna must know say no body get monopoly to know book, na how you take serious na'im mata... congratulations brother...#IamNorth

They are else no one will call this innovative
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Adabestseason(m): 10:34am On Oct 14, 2021
God bless you these are the kind of things we need now not banditry,boko haram and cattle rustlings,i know gas merchants will like this piece of information,where iam now a kilo of gas is #750. What about other varsities Oh!ABU! ABU!! why and why only ABU.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by IMAliyu(m): 10:37am On Oct 14, 2021
Kokobilo87:

Seems rather inefficient.
Re: Usman Dalhatu: ABU Student Built Solar-Powered Cooker With TV, Gets $10000 Grant by Mandrake20(m): 10:42am On Oct 14, 2021
May you go far & live beyond your name dan boro uba.. grin
Weldone sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Professor Jibrin Diso Wins Innoson’s N8.8m SUV (Photo) / 12-Year-Old Student Impregnated By Katsina Vice Principal Puts To Bed / Success Adegor: Okotie-Eboh Primary School Sapele Undergoing Renovation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.