Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,267 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries (41900 Views)

Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS / Doctor Linda Ayade Performs Surgeries On Sick Patients. Photos / Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2021
The Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town, South Africa, is set to become the first state hospital in Africa to perform robotic-assisted surgery following the launch of the state-of-the-art Da Vinci X-I surgical robot.

At a cost of just under 40-million rands (1-billion naira), the multi-armed robot will aid surgeons in doing complex surgeries on the human body in a less invasive and shorter period of time. Robotic Surgery Coordinator at the hospital, Dr Samkele Salukazana today demonstrated its capabilities. He says the technology offers a host of benefits for both surgeons and patients.

“It’s really an amazing piece of equipment, more especially the hand movement essentially can almost do 360 degree movements in the hands, which you don’t get with conventional laparoscopy and that’s the art in robotic surgery, better vision, magnification, clean clear visual of the anatomy and easier dissection with range of movement,” says Dr Salukazana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1jBVF3qqu4

The Western Cape Health Department says it is working on plans to address a backlog in surgical procedures at state hospitals – caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The department prioritised managing its response to the pandemic – resulting in the scaling back of some of its services. Chief of Operations Dr Saadiq Kariem says the surgical services list at all public hospitals will be increased. He says the new state-of-the-art surgical robot will also help to increase much-needed services.

We’ve got plans at all of our public hospitals to increase the surgical services lists so that we can in fact address the surgical backlogs. The robot will certainly assist us because it will allow us to be more efficient in terms of services that we provide and also will allow us a wider scope and a wider range of clinical services that we can in fact make sure we provide those services to the people of the province,” says Dr Kariem.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by habsydiamond(m): 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
Nigeria can u still call ursef the giant of Africa with what southafrica is achieving.. I don't think so oo.... Please make someone tell queen Eliza to send some teachers o cos it seems we never understand wetin dem teach before independence o.

195 Likes 15 Shares

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by Seeksnigeria: 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
TMKsouth the south african boy on the beat again...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by saheedbadmus(m): 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
Giant kwa
.my brother we are the dwarf of Africa biko.... the only thing we are good at now is increasing price of everything and making life difficult for the poor...
habsydiamond:
Nigeria csn u still call ursef the giant of Africa with what soutafrica is achieving.. I don't think so oo

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 6:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
Seeksnigeria:
TMKsouth the south african boy on the beat again...

Hi! cool grin

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by Seeksnigeria: 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
TMKsouth:

Hi! cool grin

Na this ones we go see you.
I dropped a post of SA boy stabbing and burning this girlfriend to death. You didn't say peem! undecided tongue

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by habsydiamond(m): 6:43pm On Oct 13, 2021
saheedbadmus:
Giant kwa
.my brother we are the dwarf of Africa biko.... the only thing we are good at now is increasing price of everything and making life difficult for the poor...
as it is now... This country is becoming unbearable for the working class not to mention the unemployed...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 6:45pm On Oct 13, 2021
Seeksnigeria:

I dropped a post of SA boy stabbing and burning this girlfriend to death. You didn't say peem! undecided tongue

I was tagged twice in that stupid thread whose sole evil intention was to discredit my good-news channel and slam SA men grin. I see it died a terrible death tongue

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by siofra(f): 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2021
What the whites and Asians in South Africa cannot do does not exist lipsrsealed cheesy

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 7:23pm On Oct 13, 2021
siofra:
What the whites and Asians in South Africa cannot do does not exist lipsrsealed cheesy

Do you mean Dr Samkele Salukazana - the Robotics Surgery Coordinator in a state hospital run by a black government cool

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by siofra(f): 7:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
TMKsouth:

Do you mean Dr Samkele Salukazana - the Robotics Surgery Coordinator in a state hospital run by a black government cool

I know you'll bring that one. But it's the bitter truth, I won't even be surprised if he's there because he's black.

15 Likes

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
siofra:

I know you'll bring that one. But it's the bitter truth, I won't even be surprised if he's there because he's black.

Do u pick just any random guys to co-ordinate life-saving robotic surgery departments in Nigeria grin grin grin? Your envy, bitterness and white worshipping have no match.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by muller101(m): 7:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
siofra:
Don't face your comatose country o.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by theTranscriber: 7:57pm On Oct 13, 2021
I pity anyone that is used to test this. there's a reason robots are not used in stuff like this

even perfected tech like phones go haywire

I no go near dis kin tech

if una no fit give me real surgeon

make I die dey go meet my ansestors biko

juniorstar:

They are better...reduced pain and quicker recovery..imagine having to divide you chest bone(sternum) just to access your heart..with this they create small holes(ports) and do a clean surgery...less pain, less blood loss, quicker recovery time, reduced hospital stay, and so on.
until it goes haywire cheesy

then you'll know that death is better than torture cheesy

especially if the shutting down system goes bad grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by ocregg: 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
Amazing!

1 Like

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by Soulsymbol99: 8:49pm On Oct 13, 2021
They should test it wit buhari cheesy Boyz go jst hack d machine midway grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by JaceBlaze: 9:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
siofra:

The person on the profile pic is you? tongue tongue how can someone so beautiful be stupid like this? Well I guess God can't give you everything.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 9:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
JaceBlaze:

The person on the profile pic is you? tongue tongue how can someone so beautiful be stupid like this? Well I guess God can't give you everything.

She's ugly on the inside.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by JaceBlaze: 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
TMKsouth:

She's ugly on the inside.

You mean dark on the inside??

1 Like

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by mytime24(f): 9:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
So surgeons go soon go out of job angry

6 Likes

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
JaceBlaze:

You mean dark on the inside??

As in evil?? Okay that too grin. But also has no love for SA. I saw her in a recent thread of mine - I can't tell which one now talking the same kind of smack.
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by Help2020: 9:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
[quote author=habsydiamond [s]post=106709651]Nigeria csn u still call ursef the giant of Africa with what soutafrica is achieving.. I don't think so oo[/quote[/s]]
If you don't mention Nigeria something go happen to you?
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by JaceBlaze: 9:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
TMKsouth:

As in evil?? Okay that too grin. But also has no love for SA. I saw her in a recent thread of mine - I can't tell which one now talking the same kind of smack.

I have seen her in some of your threads, she's not smart at all.

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
Seeksnigeria:

grin grin grin leave TMKSouth alone o, lol. Maybe he didn't see it. grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:38pm On Oct 13, 2021
This is super nice, I hope it won't take the place of humans in the future though?

TMKSouth do you know XhosaNostra in person or communicate with her? Are you perhaps her friend? I observed it's been about a year since she last came online, I'm sort of worried/curious about her, do you know if she's safe/alive?
Do you know anyone who knows her?
Did she just stop coming online or has an alternate moniqer?

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

grin grin grin leave TMKSouth alone o, lol. Maybe he didn't see it. grin

cool

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:
This is super nice, I hope it won't take the place of humans in the future though?

TMKSouth do you know XhosaNostra in person or communicate with her? Are you perhaps her friend? I observed it's been about a year since she last came online, I'm sort of worried/curious about her, do you know if she's safe/alive?
Do you know anyone who knows her?
Did she just stop coming online or has an alternate moniqer?

Talk to JaceBlaze (he's in this thread) - they were very close. Even lovers maybe wink

I got to know her towards her last days on NL, unfortunately. She was very nice indeed, but I saw she was getting bullied and trolled - told to leave the forum even. So maybe she obliged .

1 Like

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by juniorstar(m): 10:10pm On Oct 13, 2021
TMKsouth:
The Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town, South Africa, is set to become the first state hospital in Africa to perform robotic-assisted surgery following the launch of the state-of-the-art Da Vinci X-I surgical robot.

At a cost of just under 40-million rands (1-billion naira), the multi-armed robot will aid surgeons in doing complex surgeries on the human body in a less invasive and shorter period of time. Robotic Surgery Coordinator at the hospital, Dr Samkele Salukazana today demonstrated its capabilities. He says the technology offers a host of benefits for both surgeons and patients.

“It’s really an amazing piece of equipment, more especially the hand movement essentially can almost do 360 degree movements in the hands, which you don’t get with conventional laparoscopy and that’s the art in robotic surgery, better vision, magnification, clean clear visual of the anatomy and easier dissection with range of movement,” says Dr Salukazana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1jBVF3qqu4

The Western Cape Health Department says it is working on plans to address a backlog in surgical procedures at state hospitals – caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The department prioritised managing its response to the pandemic – resulting in the scaling back of some of its services. Chief of Operations Dr Saadiq Kariem says the surgical services list at all public hospitals will be increased. He says the new state-of-the-art surgical robot will also help to increase much-needed services.

We’ve got plans at all of our public hospitals to increase the surgical services lists so that we can in fact address the surgical backlogs. The robot will certainly assist us because it will allow us to be more efficient in terms of services that we provide and also will allow us a wider scope and a wider range of clinical services that we can in fact make sure we provide those services to the people of the province,” says Dr Kariem.

It has always been my dream to operate on the human heart using this Xi robotic system.. my mentor has done over 560 operation using this system and counting. The only drawback is the cost as not many health system can afford it. Plus the regular upgrade and maintenance of the system by the manufacturer "intuitive" a California based tech company. Our health sector needs to do more to get to this level.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by Shellsploit: 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
Amazing robotic spider.. our own spider na to dey build cobwebs upandan for night

1 Like

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by juniorstar(m): 10:20pm On Oct 13, 2021
theTranscriber:
I pity anyone that is used to test this. there's a reason robots are not used in stuff like this

even perfected tech like phones go haywire

I no go near dis kin tech

if una no fit give me real surgeon

make I die dey go meet my ansestors biko

They are better...reduced pain and quicker recovery..imagine having to divide you chest bone(sternum) just to access your heart..with this they create small holes(ports) and do a clean surgery...less post op pain, less blood loss, quicker recovery time, reduced hospital stay, and so on.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
juniorstar:

They are better...reduced pain and quicker recovery..imagine having to divide you chest bone(sternum) just to access your heart..with this they create small holes(ports) and do a clean surgery...less pain, less blood loss, quicker recovery time, reduced hospital stay, and so on.

Let me just warn you Doc - you have a better chance of melting a rock than this guy's brain (a true knucklehead cheesy). He's gonna argue with you for days even though you've made perfect sense. You've been warned.

5 Likes

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by juniorstar(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2021
TMKsouth:

Let me just warn you Doc - you have a better chance of melting a rock than this guy's brain (a true knucklehead cheesy). He's gonna argue with you for days even though you've made perfect sense. You've been warned.
thanks for giving Me heads up!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help Me Please, My Toe Nail Is Almost Gone. Graphics / Her Smile After A Successful Dental Re-arrangement Is Quite Adorable - Pictures / My Friends Ear Was Bitten Off This Morning... We Need Help (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.