Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,116 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries (41962 Views)

Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS / Doctor Linda Ayade Performs Surgeries On Sick Patients. Photos / Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2021
Gokoyer0:
Pls don't respond to those guys. Nigerians were looking for solutions in 2015 but they got additional problem eventually.

It's official, South Africa is the giant of Africa.

Pls continue flooding NL with incredible news from Southy.

cool cheesy

1 Like

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 8:51pm On Oct 15, 2021
kgr28:
Lmao...this ones are incapable ..thats why they'll attribute anything good white.

Its a coping mechanism wink
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by LILTJAY: 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
udemzyudex:

Cos we no get whites for Nigeria grin
so na whiteman wan help you build nigeria?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by Akinola100: 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
TMKsouth:

Its a coping mechanism wink
Is that you sitting on the cliff in your profile? cool cool
I am actually scared of heights shocked
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by seanjy4konji: 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
Nigeria still never finish Lagos to Ibadan express way in 50 years....
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 9:12pm On Oct 15, 2021
Akinola100:

Is that you sitting on the cliff in your profile? cool cool
I am actually scared of heights shocked

Lol, no it's not me cheesy. It's a popular pic on the net I really love.

They're building an impressive skywalk on that site (God's Window) so people like u who are scared of heights could be less intimidated.

Check it out here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6761040/see-epic-skywalk-sa-building
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by Asiri1991: 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2021
And one zoo down west Africa calls herself the giant of Africa. Let me go a clear my farm for their grazing route.
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by supereagle(m): 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2021
Shame to Nigeria that is busy developing grazing routes and RUGA.
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by Akinola100: 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2021
TMKsouth:

Lol, no it's not me cheesy. It's a popular pic on the net I really love.

They're building an impressive skywalk on that site (God's Window) so wink wink people like u who are scared of heights could be less intimidated.

Check it out here:
Wow, that's amazing ( First In South Africa and among the few in the world)
It's a nice project, once fully complete, it will give tourists and visitors a breathtaking sight wink

https://www.nairaland.com/6761040/see-epic-skywalk-sa-building

1 Like

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by AfonjaConehead: 9:53pm On Oct 15, 2021
Akinola100:

You didn't make any sense at all
I only make sense to humans, thank you very much grin
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by freshalien: 11:00pm On Oct 15, 2021
theTranscriber:
I pity anyone that is used to test this. there's a reason robots are not used in stuff like this

even perfected tech like phones go haywire

I no go near dis kin tech

if una no fit give me real surgeon

make I die dey go meet my ansestors biko

until it goes haywire cheesy

then you'll know that death is better than torture cheesy

especially if the shutting down system goes bad grin

And real surgeons never makes mistakes; they are always 100% perfect. Having a mentality like this, yet you wonder why in 61 years of independence your country has made no progress scientifically or technologically while importing pencils and toothpicks in the 21st century.
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by Virtplus(m): 11:31pm On Oct 15, 2021
JaceBlaze:

The person on the profile pic is you? tongue tongue how can someone so beautiful be stupid like this? Well I guess God can't give you everything.
i don't get it,, must u insult her... Re u sure a South African can defend a Nigerian like this?? U jst taking it too far dude
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by Blackfire(m): 11:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
TMKsouth:

Hi! cool grin

Kudos to nigerian doctors in shaka zulu land...
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by Cousin9999: 1:11am On Oct 16, 2021
That's definitely not a good idea. The technology is nowhere near ready for that.
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by udemzyudex(m): 2:52am On Oct 16, 2021
LILTJAY:
so na whiteman wan help you build nigeria?

You no even understand my point so no need to follow you reason again.

Those whites for SA no be from SA? The kind population of whites for there?

Abi you don see whites for SA dey follow loot or do xenophobia attack?

If you no understand my post leave am.
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by lookingfly: 8:57am On Oct 16, 2021
TMKsouth:
The Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town, South Africa, is set to become the first state hospital in Africa to perform robotic-assisted surgery following the launch of the state-of-the-art Da Vinci X-I surgical robot.

At a cost of just under 40-million rands (1-billion naira), the multi-armed robot will aid surgeons in doing complex surgeries on the human body in a less invasive and shorter period of time. Robotic Surgery Coordinator at the hospital, Dr Samkele Salukazana today demonstrated its capabilities. He says the technology offers a host of benefits for both surgeons and patients.

“It’s really an amazing piece of equipment, more especially the hand movement essentially can almost do 360 degree movements in the hands, which you don’t get with conventional laparoscopy and that’s the art in robotic surgery, better vision, magnification, clean clear visual of the anatomy and easier dissection with range of movement,” says Dr Salukazana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1jBVF3qqu4

The Western Cape Health Department says it is working on plans to address a backlog in surgical procedures at state hospitals – caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The department prioritised managing its response to the pandemic – resulting in the scaling back of some of its services. Chief of Operations Dr Saadiq Kariem says the surgical services list at all public hospitals will be increased. He says the new state-of-the-art surgical robot will also help to increase much-needed services.

We’ve got plans at all of our public hospitals to increase the surgical services lists so that we can in fact address the surgical backlogs. The robot will certainly assist us because it will allow us to be more efficient in terms of services that we provide and also will allow us a wider scope and a wider range of clinical services that we can in fact make sure we provide those services to the people of the province,” says Dr Kariem.
and that useless Nigerian minister of labour would sending threats with impunity.
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by Hadampson(m): 9:32am On Oct 16, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Maybe Buhari has given him a job in Abuja tongue

You know for sure that he won't take it grin

He can't stay here talkless of working for the vegetable tongue

1 Like

Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by bepositive11: 10:54am On Oct 16, 2021
habsydiamond:
Nigeria can u still call ursef the giant of Africa with what southafrica is achieving.. I don't think so oo.... Please make someone tell queen Eliza to send some teachers o cos it seems we never understand wetin dem teach before independence o.

Maybe you can lead the way. Start making the required changes
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by Oluwatimileyin1(m): 11:03am On Oct 16, 2021
shocked
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by Karnice600: 11:48am On Oct 16, 2021
Wanna believe this robot is free of ‘xenophobic algorithms’, to perfectly work on a Nigerian and not stab him to death.
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by habsydiamond(m): 1:07pm On Oct 16, 2021
bepositive11:

Maybe you can lead the way. Start making the required changes
I am really to lead the way if given the chance.
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by bepositive11: 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
habsydiamond:
I am really to lead the way if given the chance.

A chance won't just come right? You'll have to put in the effort first yeah?
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by theTranscriber: 4:33pm On Oct 16, 2021
Adakintroy:
Nigerians are too predictable with response.

Everything is an opportunity to bash their country. We such a disgrace. Ask them way forward them no go fit talk just steady insult for country. Anyone can criticize but it takes a great mind to discuss solution.
exactly bro
they are just too dumb
and they are still the ones that would vote stupid leaders over tribal thinking

especially the IPOB guys
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by theTranscriber: 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2021
fools that cant think out of the box are very many on nairaland

imagine that fool talking rubbish with me because he has memorised some trashy vocabularycheesy
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 4:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
theTranscriber:
fools that cant think out of the box are very many on nairaland

imagine that fool talking rubbish with me because he has memorised some trashy vocabularycheesy

Tackle him right on and not on the sidelines.
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by theTranscriber: 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2021
TMKsouth:

Tackle him right on and not on the sidelines.
Checkout my new thread.
I'm done with him
fake surgeon cheesy
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by TMKsouth: 4:56pm On Oct 16, 2021
theTranscriber:

I'm done with him

fake surgeon cheesy

Personally, I believe he won. Everyone sane person wins against u cool
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by theTranslator: 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2021
TMKsouth:

Personally, I believe he won. Everyone sane person wins against u cool
I don't need to win
I have been able to open people's brain to think correctly on this topic that's all that matters.
most people like you like thinking only one direction
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by habsydiamond(m): 8:08pm On Oct 16, 2021
bepositive11:

A chance won't just come right? You'll have to put in the effort first yeah?
it seems u have forgotten that the old cargoes are not stepping down oo... Cos they are still the leaders of tomorrow.
Re: South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
TMKsouth:

Talk to JaceBlaze (he's in this thread) - they were very close. Even lovers maybe wink

I got to know her towards her last days on NL, unfortunately. She was very nice indeed, but I saw she was getting bullied and trolled - told to leave the forum even. So maybe she obliged .
Alright, I'll send him a PM or something. Thank you so much. I really do hope she's alive and safe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

348 New Covid-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On June 3 - (1535 Tested) / Help Me Please, My Toe Nail Is Almost Gone. Graphics / Bio Claire Cream, Good Or Evil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.