Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Setting Up A Computer Training Organisation - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Setting Up A Computer Training Organisation (6307 Views)

6 Keys to Success in Setting Up Your Small Business / Setting Up A Computer Business Centre In Lagos / Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Setting Up A Computer Training Organisation by akemzy: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2011
Hi all, I am new here, and need a comprehensive detail on how to set up a computer training organisation, i.e. the courses that can be offered, does one need to get some sort of license to operate?, can I issue certificates?, etc.
Re: Setting Up A Computer Training Organisation by yamakuza: 8:48pm On Jun 01, 2011
allow me to welcome you to Nairaland. Where have u been all this while?

To your question(s), there are many answers. You need to give more details to get specifics.

1. Are you looking at a 100k, 500k, N1m, N5m, N10m or N100m school?

Shoe get size. Your packaging will determine the type of people you can employ, the type of people that enroll, how much you can charge and ultimately, your profit.

2. What are your skills?

Are you an IT person or a management person? Will you be the one to teach, or you will employ people and manage things?

3. Location

are you near a school? What type of school? Are you in a business/corporate area? Are you in a residential area? Are you in the city or rural area?

Your location will determine your clientele, how much they can afford, and what they want to learn.

4. Certification

i assume you have a registered business? You might go a step further and register with COAN or CPN.

Alternatively, you might partner with some universities and issue their diplomas or certificates, or you get a franchise from Karrox, NIIT or any other Indian school.

Nowadays, writing IT certification exams like CCNA, MCITP, ORACLE is preferred by most students, unless you are catering to jamb students who want to do 6 months diploma in desktop publishing or 3 months certificate in something else.

I hope you have a clearer picture now?

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Computer Training Organisation by akemzy: 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2011
Thank you very much Yamakuza. Well specifics:

1. I already have an office with about 10 computers and space created for about 15 more computers

2. In terms of skills, I studied Business Information Systems, so have a good understanding of computers, but more of a management person as that is what i concentrated my career in - project management. want to try and marry the two together now. I dont really want to be the one doing the teaching, but for a startup I can always fit in the shoes.

3. Location is in Sango Ota - sort of rural area. We have a couple of secondary schools around. And I will clasify the area as residential area

4. Yes we have a registered business. This is exactly where I'm confused, as it seems every business in Nigeria has some sort of agency that one needs to register with. For us to be on the right side of the law, is there some body that we need to register with so that our certificates can be recognised?

Getting clearer thank you very much
Re: Setting Up A Computer Training Organisation by yamakuza: 5:54pm On Jun 02, 2011
4. Not sure if u want to register to comply with the law and/or so that ur certs can be recognised.

If its the statutory aspect, google: COmputer Association Of Nigeria or Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria.

If its 4d certificates, we are looking at certificate of attendance/participation, certificate in word processing or diploma in desktop publishing. All these are for beginners/school leavers who wont make a career out of it. Even those who opt for vacation jobs after jamb are evaluated on their proficiency.

For those who intend to get a certificate to work with, it is most advisable that they write any of the global certification exams in their chosen track.
Re: Setting Up A Computer Training Organisation by yamakuza: 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2011
For courses to offer, you will have to carry out a survey. Either before starting, or in your pilot phase. Ask people what they want to learn, or note what they ask for when they visit. This will help know who to hire.

The schools represent a ready market for computer appreciation, microsoft office, corel draw, web design, internet appreciation, etc.

That it is a residential area means the senior citizens wont be left out of the above.

That tells you probable income.

Being a rural, non business and far removed from center of excellence location, the young professionals might not be around weekdays or might be too stressed out weekends to come for your professional courses, unless you represent a clear advantage in terms of convenience, proximity, price or proficiency.

Since u r not too keen on teaching, u might employ one fulltime staff with skills you dont have, and have like 3 or 4 others on part time or contract while you focus on marketing and business development.
Re: Setting Up A Computer Training Organisation by akemzy: 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2011
wink

Thank you very much Yamakuza, you have been really helpful
Re: Setting Up A Computer Training Organisation by six33fourng: 3:33pm On Jan 20, 2023
Employees are a company’s biggest asset, and investing in talent is vital to sustainable business growth and success.

Businesses go through lengthy processes to recruit and hire qualified and suitable staff, but often the emphasis on developing the employee’s stops there.

With an array of effective corporate and vocational training programs, Six33Four NG has emerged as the one stop solution for human capital development in Nigeria.

So what are the benefits?

Improve employee performance
Attract & retain great talent
Enhances company reputation & profile

Visit https://six33four.ng/trainings/ to view a wide catalogue of trainings in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out 7 Nigeria Banks That Operate Zero Accounts / EXCLUSIVE: How I Made N153,000 Online In One Week With N7,000 Initial Capital / Kolanut Prices/supply Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.