Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen (5548 Views)

I've 8m, I'm Looking For A Country I Can Travel To For Msc Program Apart From UK / Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. / Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by ednut1(m): 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2021
Focusmind:
Please discard this idea. Don't go there and waste your scarce resources. There is no job, especially in professional finance sector for foreigners. Depression will set in after the so called two years post study visa must have expired.

If you are from a rich home, no problems. But if you are self funded and intends paying from your hard earned money, please abort mission. They are interested in your money. Channel that money to better use in Nigeria.

The kind of depression and frustration that lots of Nigerians face after spending their hard earned money in UK without job after words is better imagined than experienced. It's not funny. One was practically begging for a call center job after close to two years sitting at home with all the drama from her family.
unfortunately a lot of Nigerians have gone there to school because it is easy to get visa. Not knowing say na trap kai

11 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by hammed71(m): 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2021
Nozino:

“I’m” is long and “am” is short? Are they the same thing? I’m sure you’re the mad person.
shut up! Who ask you question
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Munamoqel: 5:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
Nozino:

“I’m” is long and “am” is short? Are they the same thing? I’m sure you’re the mad person.
I don't want to be responsible. ke (Like) (Share)

: I Can Commit Sucide If I Didn't See Solution To My Problem by Nozino: 1:00pm

2 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Munamoqel: 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
ednut1:
unfortunately a lot of Nigerians have gone there to school because it is easy to get visa. Not knowing say na trap kai
very true over 5000 visas have been issued it seem must didn't think it through .after the psw then what next?
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Nozino: 5:27pm On Oct 17, 2021
hammed71:
shut up! Who ask you question

Your miserable father.
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Munamoqel: 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2021
Nozino:

Your miserable father.
I beg you prince challe of Wales the custodian of English grammar no spoil this thread and drive people away .I am .I don write am .
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Nozino: 5:45pm On Oct 17, 2021
Munamoqel:
I beg you prince challe of Wales the custodian of English grammar no spoil this thread and drive people away .I am .I don write am .

Ok sir.
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by elijah101(m): 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2021
so i will give you this advice ... my opinion ... you have say 10m to burn ... i feel you should lean towards turkey ... a masters there will set you back say $3k ... thats like 1m+ ... buy an apartment of say 10k ... that solves your residency issue ... you can stay for as long as you want ... bring your family in and they can stay for as long they want ... and please continue that job that gave you 10m i am sure if you put more effort into it ... you will make more ...

this way ... you kill 2 beds with one stone ... taking your family out of this shithole ... and getting your milk and honey from this shit hole ... you see ... this shit hole is not so bad after all ... make your money and then retire to your home country which is turkey ...

2 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Munamoqel: 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2021
elijah101:
so i will give you this advice ... my opinion ... you have say 10m to burn ... i feel you should lean towards turkey ... a masters there will set you back say $3k ... thats like 1m+ ... buy an apartment of say 10k ... that solves your residency issue ... you can stay for as long as you want ... bring your family in and they can stay for as long they want ... and please continue that job that gave you 10m i am sure if you put more effort into it ... you will make more ...

this way ... you kill 2 beds with one stone ... taking your family out of this shithole ... and getting your milk and honey from this shit hole ... you see ... this shit hole is not so bad after all ... make your money and then retire to your home country which is turkey ...

the masters is just for migration i don't really need it. 10 usd apartment for real ?
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by jtech17: 10:32pm On Oct 17, 2021
Munamoqel:
very true over 5000 visas have been issued it seem must didn't think it through .after the psw then what next?
marriage or return back to base..lol...reality on ground

1 Like

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Davidganna10: 1:38am On Oct 18, 2021
Munamoqel:
Hello i need advice am planing to invest around 9m (16000) for an msc in international business and finance at the university of aberdeen Scotland . Is this a good move people with expirence I need advice.
travel after studying you get 2 years post a study visa, look for job in any field save I believe if you work hard you should recoup at least 80% of your tuition fees, apply for PhD in Canada or another m.sc it is easier to get visa applying from Uk compared to Nigeria.

For those saying going to UK for studies is not a wise decision, I will tell you it is not true, you have three options.....

Get a work that has sponsorship visa, you have two years to do this, it enable get ILR within 5 years.

Get married to a British citizen/ILR holder you become citizen after 5 years.

if these proves abortive, after the two years apply for PHD, while studying come to Nigeria and marry. Bring your wife as dependant, let her work while you study, after your PhD, your wife will apply for m.sc and subsequently post study visa. Now this bring your stay in UK legally to ten years, I.e 1year m.sc + 2 years psw + 4 years PHD, + wife's m.sc + 2years psw =10 years. With this you can apply for ILR using the 10 years route. After a year you apply for citizenship.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by lionlee216(m): 2:15am On Oct 18, 2021
Davidganna10:
travel after studying you get 2 years post a study visa, look for job in any field save I believe if you work hard you should recoup at least 80% of your tuition fees, apply for PhD in Canada or another m.sc it is easier to get visa applying from Uk compared to Nigeria.

For those saying going to UK for studies is not a wise decision, I will tell you it is not true, you have three options.....

Get a work that has sponsorship visa, you have two years to do this, it enable get ILR within 5 years.

if these proves abortive, after the two years apply for PHD, while studying come to Nigeria and marry. Bring your wife as dependant, let her work while you study, after your PhD, your wife will apply for m.sc and subsequently post study visa. Now this bring your stay in UK legally to ten years, I.e 1year m.sc + 2 years psw + 4 years PHD, + wife's m.sc + 2years psw =10 years. With this you can apply for ILR using the 10 years route. After a year you apply for citizenship.

Oh Boy! E no easy oo

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Davidganna10: 2:22am On Oct 18, 2021
lionlee216:

Oh Boy! E no easy oo
noting good comes easy, we are all trying to better our future and that of our children. You suppose know. grin

2 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by samtol4(m): 4:32am On Oct 18, 2021
Go to Germany �� where you enjoy free tuition and substantial funding opportunities. The UK is also good so far you have a wealthy sponsor
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2021
Munamoqel:
the masters is just for migration i don't really need it. 10 usd apartment for real ?

Don’t mind him, where will you get an apartment in Turkey for that price I guess not in Istanbul, even the basement apartments in Istanbul is 20kusd upwards and in Esenyurt, Avcilar or Belikdizu (no go areas)
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by niyogeol(m): 8:51am On Oct 18, 2021
Davidganna10:
travel after studying you get 2 years post a study visa...

Hi... you might want to check if the post study visa counts towards settlement.. it doesn’t look like it. I stand to be corrected. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Munamoqel: 9:46am On Oct 18, 2021
Davidganna10:

are u talking from expirence?

2 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by jtech17: 9:49am On Oct 18, 2021
niyogeol:
Hi... you might want to check if the post study visa counts towards settlement.. it doesn’t look like it. I stand to be corrected. Cheers.
it only counts towards the 10 years route which he has clearly stated 1 year msc, 2 yrs PSW, 4years PHD go home n marry bring your wife to do the remaining 3years(1 yr msc and 2 years PSW)..... sefini

1 Like

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by jtech17: 9:50am On Oct 18, 2021
Munamoqel:
research and other people's experience
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by onibokun10(m): 10:55am On Oct 18, 2021
The job thing is Scary asf.
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Davidganna10: 11:12am On Oct 18, 2021
niyogeol:
it counts towards the 10yeat route
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by oluayebenz: 11:37am On Oct 18, 2021
Munamoqel:

Very good question cheesy
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by oluayebenz: 11:38am On Oct 18, 2021
jtech17:
research and other people's experience

Research indeed
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Oira5: 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2021
ekpanbaghi:
Only you can decide. Do a "Cost-Benefit" analysis. What will the investment get you when you graduate? A lucrative job in a parastatal like NNPC/CBN etc? If not, 9million will go a long way for an entrepreneur in Naija

Never do a cost benefit analysis when you want to chase something you've been thinking about from years, you will fail but is it worth it? If you die today would it be worth it? Or is your greed just pushing you??

1 Like

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Grace001: 1:00pm On Oct 18, 2021
niyogeol:

You’re 100% correct the 2 yrs PSW doesn’t count towards settlement of ILR

Uk is only after international student money, with their bait and switch policy

4 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by jtech17: 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2021
oluayebenz:

Research indeed
well ask oga justwise and legxus dem ... they know better than me.. and I've asked these questions too on living in the uk thread...and these were the answers I got... so I speak not my knowledge but from research... .. permission to fall out sir
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by BigDawsNet: 8:16am On Oct 19, 2021
My Advice

10M is enough to get a study permit in the US
You don't even need to pay any discount...

Your Gmat and English test is required
Get necessary docs and apply ....it's 50/50 tho...the US doesn't care if you have 100m in ur acc...They will let you know if you qualify for one...

UK is very easy to secure a permit
But u should be worried about get a sponsorship for job....

Theses Companies needs to demonstrate no single citizens can match your skills for you to get the chance ... You have to contest a job with UK cititzens, EU cititzens, Australia Citizens and African cititzens for a single job...

Sometimes when you have very top level skills...you success story may be easy and quick...

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Leyemoshood: 9:00am On Oct 20, 2021
Munamoqel:
Hello i need advice am planing to invest around 9m (16000) for an msc in international business and finance at the university of aberdeen Scotland . Is this a good move people with expirence I need advice.

You have made a wise decision and dont let anyone discourage you. This is a future investment.

Yes, after your program you're now entitled to 2 years post graduate work permit (PGWP). Note that UK had PGWP initially but was stopped around 2012, before then this option had helped a lot of Nigerians to better their lives by staying back and getting jobs to be better persons. It was when the PGWP stopped it seemed like studying the UK was a waste of money but now that PGWP is back, it is a good migration plan.

The reality about jobs is that, getting a job is not easy anywhere even if you're a UK and US citizen, if you dont ace the interview process, you wont get the job. My advice for you is to study hard and come out with good grade in your Msc. Another thing is for you to study a 2 years Masters, 1 year would be for studying and the other 1 year would be for placement (also known as internship), with the internship, you can get 1 year work experience in the UK which will help you when you now begin your PGWP. Also, if you excel in your place of internship, you can be retained or even make connections that would assist in getting you jobs.

It will end in praise.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by elijah101(m): 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2021
yes sure .. 10k usd .. you can check this web for there apt there .. i am giving you first hand information ... sahibinden.com ,
Munamoqel:
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by elijah101(m): 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2021
check ankara , you will find sir , talking from expeirence , though its not close to the city centre .. .. thats the least though .. and you can take your budget high a bit .. 15k .. .. just giving easy ways to residency .. my own opinion ..
feelgoodstuffs:

Don’t mind him, where will you get an apartment in Turkey for that price I guess not in Istanbul, even the basement apartments in Istanbul is 20kusd upwards and in Esenyurt, Avcilar or Belikdizu (no go areas)
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by feelgoodstuffs(m): 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2021
elijah101:
check ankara , you will find sir , talking from expeirence , though its not close to the city centre .. .. thats the least though .. and you can take your budget high a bit .. 15k .. .. just giving easy ways to residency .. my own opinion ..

Nobody would want to purchase a house not close to the city centre bro. And you don’t need to buy a house before getting residence permit, because I have one, unless you’re talking about getting their citizenship and that cost around $250k
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by elijah101(m): 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2021
some people might not mind getting a place not close to the city centre ..like me .. with a tapu you dont need to show any other doc to get permit , and after a few years one can apply for the main residency ... but the tapu gives you right to stay as long as you want ... as long as its not a land or inhabitable place you bought ooo ... to me , turkey and serbia are the most easiest path to residency ...
feelgoodstuffs:

Nobody would want to purchase a house not close to the city centre bro. And you don’t need to buy a house before getting residence permit, because I have one, unless you’re talking about getting their citizenship and that cost around $250k

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Married Three Jamaican Women Over A Six-month / Should I Use A Travel Agent? / Kuwait Visa Requirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.