Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,063 members, 7,852,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:16 PM

3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos (83615 Views)

2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP / Omeyele Sowore Is Not Yoruba But Ijaw From Ondo / Sdp's Coalition With APC Not For Political Offices But For Welfare Of Osun -omis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by purefacti(m): 9:08pm On Oct 17, 2021
TooNoisy:
One thing that is very clear is that the Yoruba are the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria; no one can deny that. However, what have we got in return - hate and envy especially from the Igbos. The Hausa/Fulani are suspicious of the Youruba but they do not hate the Yoruba. The are also accommodating to the Yorubas.

The Edo/Isekiri/Urhoro are siblings to the Yorubas even though they have their own identity. The Efik/Ibibio are somewhat indifferent to the Yoruba but that is fine. The Igbos outright hate the Yoruba and it is time Yorubas become very conscious of this hatred.

Everyday they are castigating Tinubu, Fayemi and Osinbajo; and other potential Yoruba presidential candidates. The other day they were calling Yoruba women undesirable and dirty. All of them were hating on Peter Okoye for marrying a “dirty Yoruba woman” - a woman who is more educated and exposed than anyone in their generation. They insult the same Lagos where they live - why don't they just go back to Onitsha and Aba.

They insult anything Yoruba- from Anthony Joshua, Wizkid, Tiwa and everything Yoruba. These insults are not unnoticed. Yoruba will not forget and will surely retaliate!

empty barrel they says make the loudest noise

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Brimstone77: 9:08pm On Oct 17, 2021
Jackson105:

What evidence do you have that Yorubas oppose Biafra, you think Yorubas don't want you guys out of their land? If in your shallowness you think Yorubas are opposing Biafra, are your governors supporting it?
undecided undecided hope this one is not talking to me...

Go to osimbajo and obasanjo and enquire for evidence..

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by anonymuz(m): 9:08pm On Oct 17, 2021
DECLAN2015:

Igbo are naturally spiteful.
That is the fact.
Where I worked all of them have almost been sacked not because that they are igbo but because of there irritating altitude.

The have "everybody hates us syndrome"
you just said it all

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by sakanifemi123(m): 9:09pm On Oct 17, 2021
It is better to keep silence than vomiting nonsense speech, if you know our place is not comfortable for you, ABC is there to help you carry your luggage. Many people that went to USA and successful always hail and praise them but the only reward we can get from igbo for making most there people successful is hatred and envy. Tell me one yoruba that successful in your place. Ungrateful fellow

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by EmekaBlue(m): 9:09pm On Oct 17, 2021
adelaja70:

Ibos and their mumu comments... Lmao!!!
it might seem mumu to u but if u r smart enough u will know I'm not talking of the geographical land but the owo as in investment in the land that made it look big
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Iamgrey5(m): 9:10pm On Oct 17, 2021
Jlow2:
I argue to learn and not to insult, were is the present obas palace located in lagos, they small eko the Bini prince ruled or the other parts you mentioned, and if it's located in eko ,why not in the a the vast areas he has no power?

1)Answer to first question

The palace of Oba of Lagos is located at Idumota in Iga eledumere (iga a Ado/Edo name for house)

This particular land was given to him by Aromire ( the Yorubas) chiefs or white cap chiefs who are the real land owners of Lagos island.

Some of this White cap chiefs are oba on their right today like Onikoyi, Oniiru and Oba ikate of today

2) Answer to question two

How bini ruled over the Aromire

The bini during their conquest era arrived in Eko amongst the Awori and ilaje who were majorly fisherman and famers and wanted to force them to start paying tribute to the bini kingdom.

However, rather than go to War with bini, the Aworis reached an agreement with bini to allow the kingdom establish a vessel state amongst them but they will be be allowed to keep their lands in return.

The Bini agreed to this arrangement which gave birth to the red cap chiefs (the bini Chiefs) and white cap chiefs (the Aromire yoruba chiefs)

Years later the white cap chiefs broke and started establishing there own kingdom again once the british empire arrived and Oba Lagos pledged allegiance to them and broke away from the bini kingdom.

However, note that this arrangement was only limited to Lagos island.

It was the military which declared ikeja, Epe, Ikorodu, ibeju as part of an extended version of Lagos once Nigeria got independence.

Those kingdoms mentioned above are separate with different histories.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by theTranslator: 9:10pm On Oct 17, 2021
kmcutez:

Sorry my brother. No vex. I dey get my moments of madness. Sometimes I’m like Lady Macbeth that has murdered sleep. cheesy cheesy
I no vex sha
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by EagleNest(m): 9:10pm On Oct 17, 2021
TooNoisy:
One thing that is very clear is that the Yoruba are the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria; no one can deny that. However, what have we got in return - hate and envy especially from the Igbos. The Hausa/Fulani are suspicious of the Youruba but they do not hate the Yoruba. The are also accommodating to the Yorubas.

The Edo/Isekiri/Urhoro are siblings to the Yorubas even though they have their own identity. The Efik/Ibibio are somewhat indifferent to the Yoruba but that is fine. The Igbos outright hate the Yoruba and it is time Yorubas become very conscious of this hatred.

Everyday they are castigating Tinubu, Fayemi and Osinbajo; and other potential Yoruba presidential candidates. The other day they were calling Yoruba women undesirable and dirty. All of them were hating on Peter Okoye for marrying a “dirty Yoruba woman” - a woman who is more educated and exposed than anyone in their generation. They insult the same Lagos where they live - why don't they just go back to Onitsha and Aba.

They insult anything Yoruba- from Anthony Joshua, Wizkid, Tiwa and everything Yoruba. These insults are not unnoticed. Yoruba will not forget and will surely retaliate!

You are too generic in your assertion, and that's where the wahala always start. And I guess you sincerely love Igbos? Naaaah! Don't allow urself to fall into self delusion, to the extent of becoming paranoid about what u think in Ur head about Igbos. How can "all" Igbos hate Peter Okoyo because she married a yoruba? It doesn't make sense. And according to u, Igbos hate Anthony Joshua, Whizkid, Tiwa and everything Yoruba. Na wa ooo! It doesn't look like a matured person wrote all these.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by LILTJAY: 9:10pm On Oct 17, 2021
Brimstone77:
you no I don't like playing with kids..

How old are you??
I am in my late twenties nigga grin
Answer the question? How did yorubas stopped you from relocationng back to alaigbo and staying there? Did yorubas forcefully tie the legs of your igbo boys and girls hawking on the highways and traffic in lagos, and the entire sw from having biafra answer me okoro grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by stinechykee: 9:10pm On Oct 17, 2021
LILTJAY:
but ghanaians closed your ahops and your people were begging them grin
Ghanaian police also shpt one of your illegal trader dead grin grin
This is the type of people that after beating you they will also start crying without knowing that they are the perpetrators.You Yorubas are the most evil and dubious tribe among other tribes in Nigeria.Yes Fulanis and Igbos might not see eye to eye but atleast they respect themselves when they cross path but you Yorubas are the most evil, wicked and dubious tribe nobody should ever pray to be his/ner neighbor but thank God that Igbos hold you people's medicine
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by LegalWolf: 9:10pm On Oct 17, 2021
Pierocash:
You hardly can see a Southerner in the cabinet of Northern governors

Don’t lump up the issues…how many Yoruba are in Igbo cabinets in the East? At least, out of the three, it’s just one that is a Northerner. Let’s ask if it is reciprocal.

Then after that, we can now start discussing many Southerners that have held prominent position in the North.
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by nubianwarrior: 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
LILTJAY:
but ghanaians closed your shops and your people were begging them grin
Ghanaian police also shot one of your illegal trader dead grin grin
ipob gutter cleaner for ghana

4 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by eazyduzit: 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
Pierocash:
I guess you never travelled outta your comfort zone (Southern part of the country) before that's why you're talking rubbish,come to Kaduna and see how many Southerners are in El-Rufai cabinet.
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by TUTU147: 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
Brimstone77:
[s][/s] gibberish!!

You lots are hypocrites,it's cool when you insult igbos,but when Igbo respond by insulting you back you will start whining like over used pant..

You claimed igbos hates you yet Igbo never engaged you lot in any physical combat or confrontation any where since the history of Nigeria,igbos undoubtedly are the second largest tribe in Lagos yet we never had issues with you lots..

Your oba of Lagos threatened to throw igbos in the lagoon yet you didn't see the hate in that,adeyinka grandson threatened to burn down Igbo investment in South West yet you didn't see the hate in it...

Your people have been burning Igbo shops by proxy(you lots think we don't no) yet you are still accusing us of hating you..

You call us baby factory and drug dealers,but when we call you skull miners you start shouting hate..

You call our women yam legs but when we call your women dirty, stinking and ugly you start shouting hate...

You call our political leaders ( thou I don't care about those ones shaa) like Peter obi a fraudster but when we call tinubu bullion van crook or frog eye you start shouting hate..

For Wizkid and tiwa Savage they are my best supper stars so I don't no what you are saying on that...

Go to any Igbo related thread and see the way you yorubas are insulting igbos..

You don't dish out hate and insult and expect love and praise,it doesn't work like that..
Don't mind them
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by EmekaBlue(m): 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
sakanifemi123:
It is better to keep silence than vomiting nonsense speech, if you know our place is not comfortable for you, ABC is there to help you carry your luggage. Many people that went to USA and successful always hail and praise them but the only reward we can get from igbo for making most there people successful is hatred and envy. Tell me one yoruba that successful in your place. Ungrateful fellow
shut up. Did u invest ur money in Igbo land like the igbos did there? Dont sound stupid. This lagos una carry for head ehn because of geographical situation....hausa no carry abuja for head like this o

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by abdulwahhab001(m): 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
Pierocash:

check Kaduna state's cabinet
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Jackson105: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2021
loveth360:
Like i said yorubas can only make noise.

Any day una try nonesense una go collect.

I think the civil war never teach you guys sense, go and ask your fore fathers what happen to them in Ore in '68

5 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by 8stargeneral: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2021
Even tinubu is not from Lagos but he control Lagos today..don't put us in ur government again,we don't care,we're doing well in our business.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by LILTJAY: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2021
Renman:

you saw igbo there abi? grin
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by theTranslator: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2021
loveth360:
Attach by forcegrin grin
ask any Itsekiri man do you know Oritse Femi is Itsekiri? do you know Remi Tinubu is Itsekiri?
I doubt you do
we are very related to Itsekiri

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by seguno2: 9:13pm On Oct 17, 2021
Pierocash:

Do you have any Yoruba in the cabinet of a south east or south south governor?
Why not if not? Does it have something to do with the relative numbers and investments in Lagos versus the other southern states
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by olatuns2017: 9:13pm On Oct 17, 2021
adebenson155:
2. Sam Egube :

Mr. Samuel Avwerosuo Egube, an Urhobo man, hails from Ughelli in Delta State, South-South region of Nigeria.

He is currently the Honourable Commissioner of Economic Planning and Budget in the cabinet of Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu.

Non indigen becomes commissioner of economic planing in LAGOS...

Ola gbara ooo

In 50 yrs time this can never happened in SE/SS of nigeria

BAT I hail you ooo

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Jackson105: 9:13pm On Oct 17, 2021
Brimstone77:
undecided undecided hope this one is not talking to me...

Go to osimbajo and obasanjo and enquire for evidence..

As usual, retarded response. Should I give you link where Umahi, Hope is screaming for one Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by LILTJAY: 9:13pm On Oct 17, 2021
Tmb78:
Chai! grin grin grin
leave her alone abeg. . She is not worth it
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by OmoEpe(m): 9:14pm On Oct 17, 2021
ridbell01:
kaduna and Kano do have southerners in their cabinet and many yorubas in their civil service but I have not heard of such in the east

If there ever exist an award like the most spiteful and unaccomodating tribe in the world, it will undoubtedly go to the Biafranistans for their destructive hatred for everyone who hails from anywhere outside their barren land

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by kedeojo(m): 9:14pm On Oct 17, 2021
Pierocash:
Lies, kaduna state has some southerner, appointed by El-Rufai. I have not seen or heard of any other tribe appointed by any south east governor, prove me wrong.
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by theTranslator: 9:14pm On Oct 17, 2021
EmekaBlue:
shut up. Did u invest ur money in Igbo land like the igbos did there? Dont sound stupid. This lagos una carry for head ehn because of geographical situation....hausa no carry abuja for head like this o
shut up

go to your Biafla land to talk rubbish
Lagos is Yorubaland whether you invest all your life savings here or not

5 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Fatale: 9:14pm On Oct 17, 2021
See The Way You People Carry Ibo People Matter For head Like Gala. Ibo This , yoruba That.
You People Are Not Seeing The predators Right In Your house.
Can You Southerners Be United For Once To Curb The Pest destroying Your Sweats?
Make Una Dey Here Dey Kill, Insult And Oppress Yourself.
Last Last the predators Go Come Become Emirs For Una village.
Let Us Be Wise And United.

Fatale!

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by olatuns2017: 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2021
adebenson155:
Lagos state is known to many people as a state with many opportunities to flourish. This is why many Nigerians from other regions always want to reside in the center of

Let us take a look at 3 Non-Yoruba political office holders who have been appointed by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

1. Joe Igbokwe :

Joe Igbokwe is one of the most respected and revered Igbo leaders in Lagos State. He was a former publicity secretary of All Progressive Congress in Lagos State, South West region of Nigeria.

The outspoken political gladiator hails from Anambra State in the South East region of Nigeria. He is presently the Special Adviser on drainage and water resources to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Unfortunately many igbos in lagos govt... including LHOA
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Renman: 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2021
LILTJAY:
you saw igbo there abi? grin
Is there no yorubba there? And beside the video is unavailable!!!
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by seguno2: 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
being yoruba isnt a prerequisite to hold office in Lagos, is it?!

Na so o. Since being Yoruba is not a prerequisite for paying taxes, tolls, rates etc to the ultimate Lagos landlord aka Asiwaju of area boys. tongue
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by LILTJAY: 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2021
Brimstone77:
as I said earlier you don't have sense..

Ghana closed all the retail shops own by foreigners, because their law only allow citizens to engage on retail business...

Call any of your Yoruba brother in Ghana doing retail business and enquire if his shop was closed also...

Those shops were not closed because they were own by Igbo...

Hope your are gonna pay me fall all this educating you on..??
lies yorubas shops aere not closed only igbos... we will also close any igbo shop in our land when nigeria divides

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: Nigerian Military Officers Ordered Shooting Of Protesters In Lekki / Air Force Jet Crash-Lands In Akure, Covered Up By Military - Sahara Reporters / DSS Recovers AK-47 Rifles, Bullets, Bloody Charms From Igboho's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.