Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,910 members, 7,841,444 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

PRIDEFUL: Mistake Of Fallen Men - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / PRIDEFUL: Mistake Of Fallen Men (577 Views)

Mistake Of Getting Married To A Witch / I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PRIDEFUL: Mistake Of Fallen Men by Lostchild(m): 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2021
PRIDEFUL: Mistake Of Fallen Men

God who is the giver and source of all wealth does not like waste. It was me who failed to mind my business, but went ahead to make one aproko here on nairaland and quote one fool. I told him not to waste anything, but that which he is wasting away, should be given to the poor and his needy fellow.

Yes, he was a hypocrite who respond back in his foolish pride and started boasting about his tiny little frail success that can be compare to poverty

THE STORIES
Pride goes before the fall and continue to cause most of the fall. Pride always result to humiliation, regret, pain and suffering

Three days ago, I went to an old time neighbourhood in my childhood community, there I saw a man from the past. I know him very well but he doesn't remember me.

Many years ago, this guy has strong reputation in one part of my home city. His pride and hunger for power was evident as he does things he was not suppose to do.

Money, friends, women, power, name and respectability was his god. Many people respect him and acknowledge him because of his little money, influence, hot pride and conflict personalities.

In those days, he was reigning and has influence over the entire communities. He never thought about the future. He never thought about today. He never thought about the today's hunger that await him. He has no idea about the storms of life that will hit him.

Right now, there is no money, no power, no reputable friends, no women, no name, no influence, no respectability. Just him and his low profile reputation. But he still have some friends. Yes, poor friend he would never have been with or have rub shoulders with before.

I sat somewhere as I watched him with the set of low profile guys he was now roaming with just for him to survive this current hardship

I could see humility in him because life itself has thought him many lessons that were unknown to him before.

Pride has brought him down
Mistake has thought him many bitter lessons.
Hunger has re wired his brain.

He is now very calm and more wiser now I think. I look at him as I walk away. I know I will not see him again.

2. Wealthy Celebrity
I know of once a wealthy Nigeria personality. He started his career from the scratch and unexpectedly had success and became rich

Money, fame, honor, friends and more. He became rich and started buying cars for friends and family members. He thought the success will always keep flowing and he made many mistake that has hunted him down

Things became though and all those he has helped, betrayed him. They all abandoned him when he became broke.

Even those he once bought cars for, now closed their doors against him. I saw him lament about how those he once helped and sacrificed for, all heavily betrayed him when he needed them the most.

He has learnt many lessons in life and his mistakes will not repeat itself. May God help him, Amen.

3. The Rich Politician
I saw a man who was once very wealthy. He was seeking God help because he made a mistake. This man made billions of naira but later became very poor.

Despite his billions, God took all his wealth away from him and left him empty and broke.

Yes, God took away his wealth because he innocently accused and divorce His wife. He left the woman who started a humble beginnings with him for many years before he rose to the pinnacle of glory (made money)

His divorced wife began to suffer, while he married a new wife. God became angry with him and took away all his wealth. He began to beg just to get along.

God now promised to restore his wealth on the condition that, he goes back to his ex wife. He became very humble and was willing to go back to correct his deed and reconciliate with his former suffering wife.

4. Mr Arrogant Pride
I know of a very successful young man. Yes, 20 years ago he was a rich guy and has lot and tons of money. This guy was in control of everything around him that brings money.

He has money, glory, honour, friends, women, women, women, name, respectability and everything he desires.

People praises him because he has so much money in those days. He can buy 50 land and build multiple houses if he wants but he never built any.

He was so proud and blind that he just cannot perceive his impending doom. He wasted so much on wrong people and on irrelevant temporary things

In his pride and foolishness, he will buy cars for women as gift for their birthday party. His hunger for praises and adoration was as high as the sky itself.

In those days, the naira money has weight and value and he has money in abundance. His hands and pocket was so hot with money that he keep spending and wasting money without planning or saving to secure his future. Due to his extreme hunger for adoration, he bought the most expensive and most strangest car I have and never seen again. His car always have the attention of the whole entire city wherever he goes.

When he comes out of his car, everyone will look at him and bow their head in awe and admiration because of his car. And that is what he crave for since he has so much money to waste. Every single hot women that knows him wanted to date him.

He surrounded himself with wrong people, and the worst part is that, no one can advice a prideful ignorant man. He never foresee his impending doom.

He became very, very proud and started acting like a demigod to life. He made one final mistake that hunted and brought him down to a life of begging and poverty..

His pride was so much that he did something that shocked everyone, and that is how he fell and never rise again. His excessive pride made him to attack and fight the arms that lifted him up.

The body that lifted him up, drove him away. He became broke and lost everything as he has nothing to show.

The worst part is that, he did not save money or invest in real estate properties. Within months, he began to beg for arms and food.

He will asked for food and eat with people he would never have been with. His fall became a news and also the talk of town.

It has been 20 years, and I recently asked about him and was told he is still down. He has never rise again and may not rise again because of pride that blinded him.

LESSON LEARN
When I look at my own life, I saw extreme discipline from God. I see more reason to boast of my weakness and be thankful to God for all the trials and suffering he allowed me to go through.

God dealt with me and show me that, without him, man is nothing but dry bones. I saw pepper in life. In fact, I was cooked with the fire of trials. As I am now, I know life in deeper level and I know human beings too well.

I am much more wiser now.
I am still lowly but not naive like before.
I have more diplomacy now.

I have learnt too many life painful unforgettable lessons stored in my brains that will help my future.

FINAL WORDS
So, readers; Take heed, the less you think you stand, the less you will fall.

3 Likes

Re: PRIDEFUL: Mistake Of Fallen Men by Lostchild(m): 4:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
WORDS OF ADVICE
1. If you have wealth, do not glory in it, nor in your high profile friends, but glory in God who gives all things and bless your effort. It is God who prosper the works of your hands.

2. Do not consider yourself better, for you do not know how long you can remain in your good estate. All men are frail, but you must admit that none is more frail than yourself

3. Put no trust in your own learning nor in your material possession, but trust in the grace of God who helps the humble and humbles the proud

4. Do not be self-sufficient but place your trust in God. Do all your best in your power and God will aid your good will.

5. Do not take pride in your talent or ability, lest you displease God to whom belongs all the natural gifts that you have.

6. Do not think yourself better than others lest, you be accounted worse before God who knows what is in man.

7. Do not take pride in your good deeds, for God's judgments differ from those of men and what pleases them often displeases God. If there is good in you, see more good in others, so that you may remain humble. It does no harm to esteem yourself less than anyone else, but it is very harmful to think yourself better than even one.

The humble live in continuous peace, while in the hearts and life of the proud are envy and conflict.
Re: PRIDEFUL: Mistake Of Fallen Men by PraisesPblaze(m): 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sometimes it's just misplaced priority as regards spending money that makes them fall. Not neccessarily pride.
Sometimes i said, not all the time.

Meanwhile, OP was stingy with FTC. I will be considering that to be PRIDE...

1 Like

Re: PRIDEFUL: Mistake Of Fallen Men by Lostchild(m): 9:48am On Oct 19, 2021
O
PraisesPblaze:
Sometimes it's just misplaced priority as regards spending money that makes them fall. Not neccessarily pride.
Sometimes i said, not all the time.

Meanwhile, OP was stingy with FTC. I will be considering that to be PRIDE...

I greatly agree with you.

A person can have pride but yet still a good steward of his money.

Most of their fall is rooted from mis-management.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

12 Lessons People Learn Too Late / How To Answer Your Kid The Question, Where Does Babies Come From / How African Parents Raise Their Kids? Share Your Experience While Growing Up!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.