Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,940 members, 7,810,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life (6434 Views)

Mistake Of Getting Married To A Witch / Worst Mistake Of My Life / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by Icare4uu(f): 8:19am On Apr 28, 2020
I feel bad dat I betrayed my mum she is not my birth mother but my uncle wife , the best woman who saved me 4rm my abusive mother , she took custody of me when I was 6 bcoz my mum was a drug addict sleeping around with men and she never cared about me, so it was my aunt who rescued me from her. She doesn’t have any children of her own but she had me and her stepson my uncle son from a previous relationship. She gave me the best life dat my own mother couldn’t give me and I alwyas respected her for that, my birth mum came back when I was 14 I didn’t like her bcoz she was controlling and manipulative she is always abusing my uncle wife bcoz she doesn’t have any children and she keep telling me not to respect my aunt , I used to tell her off and I keep avoiding her (my mum) but later she has succeeded in brainwashing me and turned me against my aunt. I hated my aunt , I started insulting her to the extend of slapping and calling her barren my aunt cried uncontrolled and curse me , I was 17 I didn’t really care about her anymore and before my uncle could get home , I packed my clothes and run away. I have been staying with my mum for the past 3 years , I have seen nothing good in her , she is not a good mother , she has 6 children but only 2 are staying with her ( my baby sister and I), she has abandoned my 4 brothers with their dads bcoz she doesn’t want male children , she she want me to be like her by sleeping with men , drinking and drugs because I have refuse dat lifestyles , we are quarrelling almost every day. I regrets leaving my family who loved me a lot just to be with her. I want to go back home to them and I have tried contacting my aunt to ask her to forgive me and she blocked me. I called my brother he said I should stop bothering him. I am scared to call my uncle bcoz the outcome will be worse. I am unhappy , tears has become my foods , I just hate my life , I hate my mum and I wants to die. Please how do I make my family to forgive me . Please help a sister. Thanks and sorry for the long post.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by DanseMacabre(m): 8:23am On Apr 28, 2020
This is heavy o. I think you should look for a way to develop yourself so that you can make something for yourself rather than depending on anybody.

Your mom is basically minus one, your aunt has no fault, she's simply paying you back in your own coin and owes you nothing. In fact nobody, other than your mom, owes you anything at all. The sooner you understand that, the better for you.

You're only still 20, so the world can be what you make it.

On the other hand though, if you really wanna commit suicide, I'll advise you to go the way of barbiturates overdose. The most painless way. Bless.

15 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by Victorycollins(f): 8:24am On Apr 28, 2020
You'll Be shocked to find out that WhatsApp isn't as boring as it seems.
Click here to find out why

https://regulartvshow./blog/
Thank me later!!
Please, ignore if you're not interested...
Thank you...
Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by JasonJidenna(m): 8:25am On Apr 28, 2020
I just laugh at the people here wasting their time to advise the Op...

Lol. grin

13 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by izzou(m): 8:25am On Apr 28, 2020
Some mistakes are very costly in life

While I do not blame you for switching sides, you shouldn't have disrespected her to the extent of slapping her and calling her barren

Just go back to their house and beg. Whether she slaps you or not, it doesn't matter. If she locks you out, sit at the doorpost and beg...Women can be more compassionate than men(in some cases)

But what about your dad? You never mentioned him

17 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by dawnomike(m): 8:28am On Apr 28, 2020
Go through some elders in the family or through their religious clerics... You messed up but let's hope there is a remedy.

1 Like

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by icon02(m): 8:29am On Apr 28, 2020
You are an ungrateful soul and you don't deserve forgiveness.

If they accept you again, youll do the same thing.

Life is a matter of choice. The circumstances around us is a consequence of our choices.

Enjoy the life you have chosen.

I don't like to sound this way but I just have to tell you the truth.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by izzou(m): 8:37am On Apr 28, 2020
icon02:

Life is a matter of choice. The circumstances around us is a consequence of our choices.

She was 17. Raised up without proper parenting, and you expect her to make the right decisions at that age?

9 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by Tripitaka: 8:38am On Apr 28, 2020
I do not think you're a good person. Yes. Because as against popular opinion, I do not think that all is fair in love and war. For you to call your adoptive mother barren (knowing that this will hurt the inner recesses of her soul) and even go as far as slapping her points to an innate vileness and despicability. People reveal their true selves and most honest opinion in times of heightened emotions or during extremely heated quarells.

You knew what you were doing and telling us you were 17 does not absolve you of the unavoidable consequences of your actions. These people gave you life, gave you shelter, gave you a new life compass; things your biological mother could not do because her priorities laid elsewhere. You left your adoptive mom at 17 but only started feeling regret at 20, Why? Because over the past 3yrs you found out that the grass wasn't greener on the other side after all. Perhaps you've been trying to have a "New start" with your mom but it has been effort in futility. Had you realised your biological mother is now a brand new person, would you feel regret at your hitherto repulsive behaviour? Certainly not.

What do I think you should do? Go back "home", kneel at the feet of your adoptive parents' and make sure to cry enough tears, spek to them in the language they will understand. I hope you have lost enough weight too as this will strengthen your argument. Tell them you thought you knew what you were doing (even though you did), but have realised that all that glitters isn't gold.

That saI'd, never forget the road that leads you home. Family is not necessarily those connected to you by blood, but anyone who will stick with you when the chips are down and who genuinely cares for you.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by SLAP44: 8:39am On Apr 28, 2020
I think you deserve to be forgiven only because of your tender age when you betrayed your aunt. If not I would have said you deserve to suffer.

But you really need to beg your aunt for as long as possible, throw yourself on the ground and cry your eyes out. She may be moved to forgive.

1 Like

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by winosport: 8:41am On Apr 28, 2020
My people say if man never marry two wives e no dy know which one better pass. It's Only God that will help you at this point
Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by schumastic(m): 8:41am On Apr 28, 2020
What you did is very bad, just go and beg her. The worst that can happen is for her to say no but if you have truly learnt your mistakes, I will advice you continue to apologize to her. Maybe when her heart is less heavy, she will forgive and accept you back. If you know anybody she respects, you can go through that person. Good luck
Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by sweetmelanin(f): 8:47am On Apr 28, 2020
Icare4uu:
I started insulting her to the extend of slapping and calling her barren my aunt cried uncontrolled and curse me , I was 17 I didn’t really care about her anymore

1. It's like you don't understand the severe spiritual implications of this ..whatever that woman said to you (in pain) WILL surely manifest in your life if you don't seek her forgiveness immediately and turn to God.

2. You were 17 years old when this happened ..old enough not to be so daft and unappreciative - its beyond your mother's manipulation at this point, I think you're naturally a forgetful/ungrateful person for taking your Aunt's sacrifices lightly. She could have easily turned you into a househelp and abused you severely like a lot of women do to other people's children but she did the opposite and showed you the love your own mother could never and will never show you.

Too bad you've inherited the terrible personality traits of your birth mother and it seems you're only regretting now because you're suffering in the hands of your "real mother".

My prayer for your Aunt is that she births her own children who would love and appreciate her unconditionally cry

31 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by crackkhaus: 8:49am On Apr 28, 2020
Like mother, like daughter...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 28, 2020
Well the fact that someone is not your biological mother doesn't mean you should disrespect her at least she didn' t hid your mother from you. Be grateful for that at least you are not like me who found out i had another parent on the street from people who keep blaming my unknown biological mum and checking if my nysc certificate was fake, talk about been a politically expose person over night,all though you have overspoke you still need to go and apologize but not with the intention of going back.Although your aunty should have adopted you legally to avoid all this because people can so talk rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by oluwaseyi0: 8:55am On Apr 28, 2020
A 17 years old is a near-adult, many of that age are in higher institution, she knows fully and exactly what she is doing she is not seven years, for me I don't think you have changed from that stupid and ungrateful bitch you are, you are only going back because of how poverty is currently dealing with you and one thing I've learnt is never to trust the humility of a poverty stricken fellow

You need her hence you are ready to beg her and use her ...and then dumb her again

When you have money you will still run back to your mum and will still be manipulated to abandoning your care giver, it's in your Gene just like your mum

If your aunty need children she should pray to have hers or adopt from a motherless home

15 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by Richy4(m): 9:00am On Apr 28, 2020
I guess you are 20 now.. So it's time to get hold of your future and do something about it career wise..

If I'm that your uncle, it will take a very long time for me to look "your way.." WHO gave you the Boldness, the guts, the temerity, the ordercity, the effrontery to raise your hands and slap my spouse @ 17 for whatever reasons, Abi U chop juju? ...
In my opinion, it's like you have made your bed, unfortunately u have to lie on it for now till further notice.. I'm even surprised u said u wanted to go home, which home? The home of a barren woman?

Any one telling u here that u have to be forgiven just like that because u were 17 is not being realistic.. Yes u will be forgiven but things will not be the same anymore... I still insist that you try and dust yourself up.. the mistake has already been made, so move on and make something out of it.. Some thing useful that your aunt might be proud of even if she wants to forgive.. Playing emotional card/ blackmail doesn't work anymore for some people.

9 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by AngryIgboMan: 9:00am On Apr 28, 2020
Your uncle has a child from a broken home

You are a child of a broken home

Your step mom is without child

You called her barren

You have siblings from different men

Your biological mom is a community fowl bearing children with different men, a drug addict and an Ashawo

I have a question:

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOUR BLOODLINE? ARE YOU PEOPLE CURSED?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by xolocious(m): 9:10am On Apr 28, 2020
Firstly you've got to forgive yourself. That's the greatest challenge you'll face in getting over this phase of life... Forgiving yourself makes you realize that there's more to life and you're not as bad as you think.
Secondly, you've got to give your life a meaning. I mean knowing your vision and purpose for life. If the finance is there and you wish to further your studies, you go for it. If it's not there, you can get yourself engaged by looking for work or learning a skill. Other ways of overcoming this are...
Making good friends that can make good impacts in your life.
If you're Christian, go close to God and be useful in the service of God. If you're a Muslim, do same.
Thirdly, study to show thyself approved... Meaning you've got to read more. Knowledge is everywhere and the beauty of it all is that you can get it online and for free...
Many more ways... You can reach out to me if you need more or send me a pm, I'll be willing to give you more tips.
Never forget this. FORGIVE YOURSELF AND LOOK TO THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE. THERE'S MORE TO LIFE COZ ITS BEAUTIFUL.

3 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 28, 2020
What an ingrate you are. You're not only an ingrate but you're abusive. Now you want to run back to them because you're in need, smh. I don't blame them for blocking you. They shouldn't accept you back into their home nor lives. Next time, be careful how you treat people.

2 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by teresafaith: 9:28am On Apr 28, 2020
You want to ask someone for forgiveness and you're calling them on the phone??.

Go to her house and make sure you go with your things, let your apology be sincere, you don't even have to weep if you're truly sorry for what you did the right words will flow from your heart.

If she refuses to see you, sleep at her domot. Don't go anywhere till she forgives you, this way she'll see through you and hope she changes her heart.

5 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by Eseries(m): 9:44am On Apr 28, 2020
I don't care if you are 17 or 20. I want to say F**k you!

I hope you aunty keeps to her decision and never allow you back in her life.

Your apology isn't genuine, like you stated, things are simply bad for you and you miss your old life where you were cared for and pampered.

Hopefully your Uncle's son isn't like you and your aunt get's to enjoy a loving mother and son relationship with him.

Again I say F**k you!

10 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by Spechialone(f): 9:50am On Apr 28, 2020
It's good you were able to see everything as it truly is. Take an elder with you to apologize to your aunt, even if she doesn't take you back in, least you'll have peace of mind

1 Like

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by Vyolet(f): 10:12am On Apr 28, 2020
You lot are always ungrateful, I've met quite a number.
It is not easy to raise someone else's child especially if their mother is still alive, no matter how much care you show to them, they will still stab you at the back.

9 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by yomi007k(m): 10:38am On Apr 28, 2020
Tripitaka:
I do not think you're a good person. Yes. Because as against popular opinion, I do not think that all is fair in love and war. For you to call your adoptive mother barren (knowing that this will hurt the inner recesses of her soul) and even go as far as slapping her points to an innate vileness and despicability. People reveal their true selves and most honest opinion in times of heightened emotions or during extremely heated quarells.

You knew what you were doing and telling us you were 17 does not absolve you of the unavoidable consequences of your actions. These people gave you life, gave you shelter, gave you a new life compass; things your biological mother could not do because her priorities laid elsewhere. You left your adoptive mom at 17 but only started feeling regret at 20, Why? Because over the past 3yrs you found out that the grass wasn't greener on the other side after all. Perhaps you've been trying to have a "New start" with your mom but it has been effort in futility. Had you realised your biological mother is now a brand new person, would you feel regret at your hitherto repulsive behaviour? Certainly not.

What do I think you should do? Go back "home", kneel at the feet of your adoptive parents' and make sure to cry enough tears, spek to them in the language they will understand. I hope you have lost enough weight too as this will strengthen your argument. Tell them you thought you knew what you were doing (even though you did), but have realised that all that glitters isn't gold.

That saI'd, never forget the road that leads you home. Family is not necessarily those connected to you by blood, but anyone who will stick with you when the chips are down and who genuinely cares for you.

So you would take her back if you were in their shoes?

You are not afraid of greater harm the op or her real mother can cause?

Please let the aunt rest, going back may send her to an early grave. Moreover if she was doing fine, she won't regard or remember her aunt.

Let the op get a life.

3 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by Toma2: 11:19am On Apr 28, 2020
izzou:

While I do not blame you for switching sides, you shouldn't have disrespected her to the extent of slapping her and calling her barren

Just go back to their house and beg. Whether she slaps you or not, it doesn't matter. If she locks you out, sit at the doorpost and beg...Women can be more compassionate than men(in some cases)

Taaa
She raised her hands to slap someone who stood by her..
Madam, dey your dey..
Ask for forgiveness... Don't beg them to take you back.
Ask for forgiveness.. go n hustle

2 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by Toma2: 11:21am On Apr 28, 2020
OP, go and hustle.
Leave your auntie alone..
Ask for forgiveness and move o
The deed has been done.
Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by 2cul2care: 11:49am On Apr 28, 2020
Just go back in person, if possible go along with an elderly person, to beg your aunt for forgiveness, If she raised you like you said, then no doubt, that motherly love will still be there, she still loves u but u hurt her.

Frankly speaking also you need her sincere forgiveness so you don't live under a curse for the rest of your life, because you have done her wrong, so ur children don't do d same to u in d future.

Don't be deceived the Law of KARMA is real, what goes around comes around, you need to seek her genuine forgiveness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by Hathor5(f): 12:09pm On Apr 28, 2020
I wonder whether you truly feel sorry for the pain that you caused your family or whether you only feel sorry for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by SweetCunt97(f): 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
Mtcheeeew. Take responsibility for your silly actions.
Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by Blackbishop(m): 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
izzou:

Oga izzou you dey here again

Back to the matter forgiveness is divine, and one thing I know is when you really want someone to forgive you, you don't do it over the phone but face to face.. And I will advise to go to who you know will talk to your sis on your behalf and she listens to... First make peace with her then you can make peace with your uncle....
She loves you but she needs to see how remorseful you are now...

Lobatan

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited
Re: I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life by veave(f): 12:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
icon02:

Stop abeg. She was a kid. What does a teenager know at 17? At least she has realized her mistake.

@op go with her church pastor and beg her. Tell her you are genuinely sorry and mean it. Cry very well even if she chases you away lie in front of her door at night and refuse to go.
Don't forget to cry well well and hit yourself on the floor. You know that bleble crying style in nollywod.

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Sister's Husband Has A Secret Wife - Should I Reveal The Secret? / We Just Met $ She's Talking About Marriage / Pls Help Before My Sister Kills Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.