Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! (5025 Views)

Is It Robbing God To Tithe On Your After-tax (not Gross) Income? / Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy / Nigerian Population Is 50% Muslim, 40% Christian, Whats The Other 10%? Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by EarsWide(m): 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2011
Instead you hear things like na mammy water, blood sucking demons were thirsty and all kinds of ridiculous stories from adults of normal intelligence.

Very funny but true.  grin grin grin
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by ogajim(m): 4:30pm On Jun 03, 2011
dorox:

All these so called men of God especially those of the pentecostal/magical prosperity pedlars are in actual fact agents of the devil, their goal is to debase the priceless value of Jesus' ransom sacrifice to the extent that it can be measured in naira and kobo. All they talk about in their place of worship is how to get material prosperity by sowing seeds of faith. They have turned the house of God into an investment bank promising believers as much as a thousand percent return on investing some specified amount of money on their pastors/church/God. They crassly reinforce this warped unchristian value system on their members by rewarding the rich(ill gotten or not) among them with special front row seats closest to God pastor. At the beginning of every year as far as i can remember, they make all kinds of wonderful empty promises to their members à la this is your year of bountiful harvest, year of excesses, year of fulfillment and so on and so forth. In fact what they are able to promise believers at the beginning of each year is only limited by their imagination and at the end of each year the believers as a group are no better off making a lie of the preachers words. Just imagine how you would react if your doctor or banker gave you half as much false promises as these preachers, would that person continue to be your doctor or banker? Certainly not. Why then do we continue to allow all these evil men to make false promises and not hold them accountable?
 Just look at how poor nigeria is today, can you honestly say our poverty stems from a lack of church and church goers or the lack of muslims? We are poor because we are a nation of people that have lost the ability to think for themselves attributing every little thing that happens around us to the supernatural. When a car crashes or plunge into a river or something, we don't stop to question the state of the driver, the condition of the road and the serviceability of the vehicle in order to understand the cause of the accident and how best to prevent or reduce future occurrence. Instead you hear things like na mammy water, blood sucking demons were thirsty and all kinds of ridiculous stories comingfrom adults of normal intelligence.
In a nut shell, out of the abundance of Gods love for mankind, he gave his only begotten son so that anyone exercising faith in Him might not perish but have a priceless everlasting life that money can not buy. Don't let your pastor sell you short, being materially rich or poor is not an indication of your spiritual wealth.  

Excellent submission, God bless you my brother.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by dare2think: 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2011
Dorox

Pls don't go anywhere. We need guys like you to say the bitter truth to these fraudsters.

Welcome.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Osama10(m): 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2011
Its good to see a lot of people opening their eyes to reality.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by dorox(m): 9:22pm On Jun 03, 2011
dare2think:

Dorox

Pls don't go anywhere. We need guys like you to say the bitter truth to these fraudsters.

Welcome.
Thanks for your encouragement, I have been frequenting nairaland for a while now and just became a registered member a couple of months ago, I only posted my first comment yesterday, because you and a few others with your thoughtful posts and sometimes catchy names inspired me to break free from my somewhat introverted nature to add my voice to the growing number of nigerians willing to stand up to these disgusting criminals.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Joagbaje(m): 4:27am On Jun 04, 2011
inedi:

you robb me in tithes and offering are not mans words, but they are of God,so if a pastor tells you that if you dont pay your tithe you are rubbing God, he is only quoting God and His scriptures.

I will rather say that a christian who doesn't give tithe robs himself rather. God is not missing anything either we give or not, we miss out of the benefit of tithing.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 04, 2011
It's not about quoting verses, its about understanding them, their purpose and whom they were referring to.

Else one would also quote these verses. If anyone obeys the following laws, then Im willing to keep mute on the tithe issue.

Leviticus 19:1-3, 19, 27, 32, 37 NLT

The Lord also said to Moses, "Give the following instructions to the entire community of Israel. You must be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy.
"Each of you must show great respect for your mother and father, and you must always observe my Sabbath days of rest. I am the Lord your God.
"You must obey all my decrees.
"Do not mate two different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two different kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven from two different kinds of thread.
"Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards.
"Stand up in the presence of the elderly, and show respect for the aged. Fear your God. I am the Lord .
"You must be careful to keep all of my decrees and regulations by putting them into practice. I am the Lord ."

If you do not practice, please explain why you still practice tithing.
To the one who says 'how can ten percent of your tithe make someone rich', ask a beggar how much one naira from a hundred people means to him.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by nuclearboy(m): 7:02am On Jun 04, 2011
Christians GIVE to make other lives better. Which means they ought give "other humans". If anyone says he gives 1/5 to help towards the education of orphans or to a young struggling woman in his area for her education or welfare (so she does not get tempted to sin), I would say "Here is a person after God's Heart".

Such truly has God's Love in them.

But to give 1/10 to another man on the basis of obeying God (which is not true) for whatever purpose is da-ft. Moreso when we see them building useless structures "supposedly" in the name of God when the people under the structure are starving. Moreso when the supposed MOGs live a flashy life to the point of wasting funds on frying their hair. It's ridiculous
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by dorox(m): 7:26am On Jun 04, 2011
How about this video addressing some of theses issues from a different perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMfX3uA15RM
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Enigma(m): 8:08am On Jun 04, 2011
Joagbaje:

[Quote]
you robb me in tithes and offering are not mans words, but they are of God,so if a pastor tells you that if you dont pay your tithe you are rubbing God, he is only quoting God and His scriptures.

I will rather say that a christian who doesn't give tithe robs himself rather. God is not missing anything either we give or not, we miss out of the benefit of tithing.
[/quote]

Your boss Oyakhilome says very clearly that those who don't pay "tithes" are robbing God! Or do yo disagree with your boss? Are you courageous enough to say you disagree with him? Or maybe you don't really disagree with him and you are just playing with words - so as again to deceive people?

Can you answer this plainly: Is a person who does not pay tithes robbing God or not?
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Azibalua(f): 8:21am On Jun 04, 2011
dorox:

How about this video addressing some of theses issue from a different perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMfX3uA15RM
You call this a different perspective
People making jest and mockery of gods principles
Nepios.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by dorox(m): 8:37am On Jun 04, 2011
Nepios.
Thats my point, sometimes a good satire helps bring in stark relief things that someone like you might not readily see.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Joagbaje(m): 9:13am On Jun 04, 2011
Enigma:

Your boss Oyakhilome says very clearly that those who don't pay "tithes" are robbing God! Or do yo disagree with your boss? Are you courageous enough to say you disagree with him? Or maybe you don't really disagree with him and you are just playing with words - so as again to deceive people?

This is not about CEC . So leave CEC out if it. Deal with me.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Enigma(m): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2011
^^I am dealing with you! You have told us that he is the greatest teacher. Now I am showing you what he has said. If you still maintain that he is this greatest teacher, you should be honest enough to say if you disagree with him on a particular point. So again I put it to you that Oyakhilome has said that those not paying tithes are robbing God. And again, I ask you the following question:

Are those not paying tithes robbing God?

(Plain answer would be helpful)
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2011
nuclearboy:

Christians GIVE to make other lives better. Which means they ought give "other humans". If anyone says he gives 1/5 to help towards the education of orphans or to a young struggling woman in his area for her education or welfare (so she does not get tempted to sin), I would say "Here is a person after God's Heart".

Such truly has God's Love in them.

But to give 1/10 to another man on the basis of obeying God (which is not true) for whatever purpose is da-ft. Moreso when we see them building useless structures "supposedly" in the name of God when the people under the structure are starving. Moreso when the supposed MOGs live a flashy life to the point of wasting funds on frying their hair. It's ridiculous

Absolutely.

These mega churches PREVENT Christians from using their resources for ALL saints in a region , and instead use it  for ONLY members of their ministry if at all. Mostly however,  the money goes into the construction of 'towers of babel' ,funding false doctrines or building universities and schools which the poor ( who also contributed tithes ) cannot afford etc etc.

But what about the poor, destitute, widows etc etc in a particular region ? Does anyone care about them ?

In fact many of these so called MOG will say that the people are poor because they do not pay their tithes.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by dorox(m): 10:31am On Jun 04, 2011
Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMfX3uA15RM and tell me these men are using the gifts of the faithful wisely.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Enigma(m): 11:36am On Jun 04, 2011
@Joagbaje

I see you are active on a couple of other threads; so just in case you missed this, here is my last post/question to you --- plain answer welcome. smiley

Enigma:

^^I am dealing with you! You have told us that he is the greatest teacher. Now I am showing you what he has said. If you still maintain that he is this greatest teacher, you should be honest enough to say if you disagree with him on a particular point. So again I put it to you that Oyakhilome has said that those not paying tithes are robbing God. And again, I ask you the following question:

Are those not paying tithes robbing God?

(Plain answer would be helpful)

Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Joagbaje(m): 11:43am On Jun 04, 2011
They rob themselves .

2 Corinthians 9:6
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

It is the giver that receives . The non giver misses out. So who is cheating who?
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Enigma(m): 11:46am On Jun 04, 2011
^^^

Therefore you agree that Oyakhliome is wrong. OK.

So please don't come back here next time to say he is a great teacher etc etc if he does not know a basic Christianity 101 such as this.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Enigma(m): 11:50am On Jun 04, 2011
@Joagbaje

In fact, I will send you to him: please go and inform your boss Oyakhilome that he is wrong and preaching a false doctrine when he says that non-tithers are robbing God!

Although I suspect that even you, a whole state pastor in Chris Embassy, cannot even have easy access to your "pastor". Send him an email or something!
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by dorox(m): 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2011
Although I suspect that even you, a whole state pastor in Chris Embassy, cannot even have easy access to your "pastor".  Send him an email or something!
If this it true, it confirms my suspicion that Joagbaje knows the truth but finds profit in propagating the lies about tithing.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by dorox(m): 12:36pm On Jun 04, 2011
Pastor Chris is an adept at fleecing the 'flock'. Do not be worried Joagbaje, you are in good hands and pretty soon you will be an adept yourself maybe even surpassing your master. Can you see your one hundred thousand seat church, luxury cars and private jets yet? Have faith my brother, mugu go always pay, no be for your turn dem go come wise up.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by spamdare: 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2011
@ dorox

Its dare2think, I got banned for spam posting, sorry I could not reply earlier.

Don't you find it funny? Nigeria is a well known corrupt country----yet also a very religious country.

Does that not sum up the psyche of our religious folks. Especially the prosperity ones. Check the life of the average member and compare and contrast it with the life of the MOG.

You will weep. The Mog's are like our politicians. only difference is One uses the name of God while the other uses manipulation of Law and legislation. Most are thieves.

The MOG'S feed on the desperation of people.

Anyway, dorox. I see you are getting involved. Good.( One more thing, get ready to witness mass manipulation of the text in the bible).
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Joagbaje(m): 1:38pm On Jun 04, 2011
Azibalua:

Nepios.

Now that blowing big Greek word , how would those who had not been able to uderstand English version be able to grab your Greek
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by spamdare: 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2011
^^^^^^^^^
NEPIOS

an infant, little child
a minor, not of age
metaph. childish, untaught, unskilled
undecided

ジョーカー
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Enigma(m): 2:04pm On Jun 04, 2011
^^^ Read and compare: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-245582.288.html#msg8210949
and https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-245582.288.html#msg8210975

EDIT these are some of the few Greek words from concordances that Oyakhilome uses to bamboozle boyos; and the boyos come to repeat them here thinking it makes them look "clever".
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by nuclearboy(m): 2:14pm On Jun 04, 2011
See who is bandying "Nepios" & who is supporting? One fume-laden dunce and the other, the head of ali-baba's 40 thieves.

ANY HUMAN WHO SAYS NON TITHERS ROB GOD IS A WICKED FAKE, A CRIMINAL AND IS CURSED OF GOD
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by spamdare: 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2011
@nukeboy, it's dare2think (long story)

did he really say that?

@ enigma

lol, some folks, like you said, think it's "clever" to use a foreign word.

Funny guys.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by KunleOshob(m): 2:42pm On Jun 04, 2011
Uncle joe na wa for you oh! Patting your azibaula I.D on the back for using a greek word borrowed from the grand master of criminals (Oyaks). How vain/petty can you get? angry
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Enigma(m): 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2011
spamdare:

@nukeboy, it's dare2think (long story)

did he really say that?

@ enigma

lol, some folks, like you said, think it's "clever" to use a foreign word.

Funny guys.

@ dare

I read about this your spam bot wahala; o ga o! smiley

Yes, Oyakhliome did say clearly that those not paying tithes are robbers. Joagbaje knows it, and that's why he doesn't deny it. His greater problem is that he knows it is falsehood but does not want to say so for the sake of his boss.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by dorox(m): 2:57pm On Jun 04, 2011
KunleOshob:

Uncle joe na wa for you oh! Patting your azibaula I.D on the back for using a greek word borrowed from the grand master of criminals (Oyaks). How vain/petty can you get? angry
Don't mind joagbaje, he is a very small man. Let us try to stay on issue as much as possible by ignoring petty distractions
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by nuclearboy(m): 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2011
Haba, why are you all attacking Pastor Joe like this - imagine dorox also now calling a whole Bayelsa state pastor a "very small man".

Don't you know Joe Agbaje is perfect? Don't you know he is a god? Don't you know that even when he sins, he is NOT a sinner? Don't you know that he is just as Jesus Christ - infact he is senior to Jesus cos he said Jesus went to Hell and was tortured for 3 days before Jo God had mercy and raised him as the first born again "MAN". Pastor Joe on his own, will not go to hell, will not collect 200, will just go straight to Jail heaven.

You must be very bold to say such about a man that claimed all the above. If he gets angry at you ehn? You go hear wehnnnn

And yep, as Enigma already said, he did say so (only cos Chris said so too - he is striving to be like Chris NOT Christ)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Open Letter To Bishop David Oyedepo Claiming Canaan Land Is Demonic / Urgent Prayer request! My Case is different! / hypocrisy in Africans atheism...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.