Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,534 members, 7,837,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? (52448 Views)

The Scary Truth About BMW Cars. / Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. / The 2018 BMW X4 Unveiled – Photos & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by Barywhyte(m): 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2021
dotedote:
I rebuke poverty in your life.

Na man wey no wan marry dey say all women na winch.

The Only Thing That'd Make One Prefer A Japanese To A German Automobile Is Poverty

grin grin

Lack of good engineers. So many quarks parading themselves as mechanic

1 Like

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by Kinematics: 8:45pm On Oct 21, 2021
Simply because they are endless money pits...
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by Kinematics: 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2021
azpekuliar:
They can't give you 100,000 trouble-free miles... endless money pits.

na the cars wey Scotty Kilmer say make we use we go use smiley

You are smart!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by SmartyPants(m): 8:55pm On Oct 21, 2021
OfficialDJ:
your username is a complete irony....

Stop spamming my mentions with your dim-witted replies.

I don't reply feather brains

Yet you went out of your way to reply my comment which was directed at someone else, with your nonsensical grammar.

You're a third rate clown.
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by OfficialDJ: 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2021
SmartyPants:

Yet you went out of your way to reply my comment which was directed at someone else, with your nonsensical grammar.

You're a third rate clown.
And your regurgitated sense of reasoning could not decipher the sarcastic tone of my posts?

Go fvvk a tree.
Albino amoeba
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by Frenzy01(m): 9:49pm On Oct 21, 2021
Omoh....I'm enjoying this car talk oo.. Mine is coming soon Insha'Allah

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by okoroemeka(m): 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2021
Holybwoy:

Why should mechanics now lie that their parts are expensive or that they break down easily..

Can I go for a BMW as my next car then?

Aren't bimmers strong and rugged?
the problem with bummers are their complexity ,not only Nigerian mechanics are having problems fixing it,just check out the car wizard and Scotty kilmer opinions on the BMW and you will understand the foreign mechs are also having a hard time with it,
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by erico2k2(m): 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2021
okoroemeka:
the problem with bummers are their complexity ,not only Nigerian mechanics are having problems fixing it,just check out the car wizard and Scotty kilmer opinions on the BMW and you will understand the foreign mechs are also having a hard time with it,
bro drink water put car down, scotty we nor get plug in laptop to scan cars, have you seen his own personal car?
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by computerglobal(m): 10:44pm On Oct 21, 2021

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by Sdkid(m): 7:56am On Oct 22, 2021
Holybwoy:

Why should mechanics now lie that their parts are expensive or that they break down easily..

Can I go for a BMW as my next car then?

Aren't bimmers strong and rugged?
My brother you can go for it but I pray you won’t end up in regret 2 of my friends have bmw e90 now their main problem is water pump you can buy more than 5 water pump and it won’t still work and what I’m saying in essence now is that the car is still in mechanic house until now
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by Cvesta(m): 8:52am On Oct 22, 2021
Shellsploit:
My neighbor bmw, na 5 litres e dey use every morning to warm the car.
You can lie for Africa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by demolagilbert: 9:27am On Oct 22, 2021
SmartyPants:

"things that doesn't concern you"?

You're joking right?

lmao.

he totally shot himself in the foot. He saw a phantom error where there was none..he no com still gree say he bomb.. Lol
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by Mokelu: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2021
erico2k2:

Nah bro, you eventually will kill your Engine, you need to know the right weight of oil your car needs and maintain it with such, why do you think we drive cars in the west up to 15 years with no engine problems? you got the internet search your make and model and you will know the right weight, if it takes 6 litres prepare to spend N20k to buy oil if your Oil cost N7 to 10k you are using fake!

No enter this topic ooo else, nairaland mechanics go skin you alive. Them go begin lecture you on why 20w50 better pass any grade of oil as far as your thermostat and fan dey in good condition

1 Like

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by drakeskull(m): 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2021
Sdkid:

My brother you can go for it but I pray you won’t end up in regret 2 of my friends have bmw e90 now their main problem is water pump you can buy more than 5 water pump and it won’t still work and what I’m saying in essence now is that the car is still in mechanic house until now

They should buy brand new genuine parts. Water pump no be big deal.
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by erico2k2(m): 5:58pm On Oct 22, 2021
Mokelu:

No enter this topic ooo else, nairaland mechanics go skin you alive. Them go begin lecture you on why 20w50 better pass any grade of oil as far as your thermostat and fan dey in good condition
Nobody fit tell me that here ahaha/Nah so I bought almost brand new car for my DAD, I came back 18 months year later Engine change sound
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by RZArecta(m): 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2021
drakeskull:

They should buy brand new genuine parts. Water pump no be big deal.
BMW notorious water pumps and their plastic impellers that get worn out way sooner than you'll ever like ? I hear there's an aftermarket version with metal impellers inside sha, my bank account can't handle regular mechanic visits.
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by erico2k2(m): 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2021
RZArecta:
BMW notorious water pumps and their plastic impellers that get worn out way sooner than you'll ever like ? I hear there's an aftermarket version with metal impellers inside sha, my bank account can't handle regular mechanic visits.
So you think BMW are the only car brand that use plastic impeller?
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by IKON360(m): 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2021
azpekuliar:
They can't give you 100,000 trouble-free miles... endless money pits.

na the cars wey Scotty Kilmer say make we use we go use smiley
You know Scotty Kilmer? You are a man of culture

2 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by SavageResponse(m): 6:57am On Oct 23, 2021
In Nigeria most people are more concerned about food cos no one wants to spend his entire earning on car maintenance that's why they avoid BMW cars
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by SavageResponse(m): 7:03am On Oct 23, 2021
erico2k2:

Nah bro, you eventually will kill your Engine, you need to know the right weight of oil your car needs and maintain it with such, why do you think we drive cars in the west up to 15 years with no engine problems? you got the internet search your make and model and you will know the right weight, if it takes 6 litres prepare to spend N20k to buy oil if your Oil cost N7 to 10k you are using fake!

Only very few people in Nigeria will willingly spend 20K to buy just engine oil! grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by skj1377(m): 9:44am On Oct 23, 2021
The point he is trying to make is that BMW cars have an inherent design fault. Cars are made with plastic yes but not plastic close to engine components that will heat up the plastic and deteriorate it after few miles . You are probably not science inclined so you may not understand his point. When you have plastic close to a hot engine component the plastic deteriorates faster and will give way. In his example he said plastic running on top of the starter motor, so if the plastic fails the hot water will leak ontop of the starter motor and damage the coil in it. A cheap plastic component has now damages a starter motor with costly replacement bills. BMW fuel pumps are made of plastic and they fail regularly they call them high pressure pumps. BMW water pumps are made of plastic and they fail regularly and can cause instant overheating and catastrophic engine damage. BMW engines are always leaking fluids water, engine oil, power steering oil etc all due to questionable engineering. To make matters worse the head gasket needs to be placed on some models as well as rod bearings. But on a lighter note, am of the opinion that BMW manufactured in Germany will not have these pronounced problems in low milage. Just my opinion. My first car was a 1997BMW325i I sold it 5months after purchase due to high maintenance cost. I had an option to buy another 2002 BMW318i at 900k used in Nigeria by a colleague who bought it N2.5million and used it for 1yr 8months I declined the offer but rather opted for a 2003 Nissan maxima at N1,8million. I enjoyed my maxima far better than I would have enjoyed the BMW. As at the time the BMW guy was advertising his car the roof was already falling off, the fuel pump was making noise and he was complaint of the air condition not cooling effectively and the front shock absorbers damaging frequently. Hmmmm [uote author=erico2k2 post=106936906]
They are throwing BMW away? which Junk yard bross? I own a newer version of BMW plastic is seen in all cars it hs become part of our crs to reduce weight. even range rovers have plastics so I am finding it difficult to understand your point here[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by erico2k2(m): 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2021
skj1377:
The point he is trying to make is that BMW cars have an inherent design fault. Cars are made with plastic yes but not plastic close to engine components that will heat up the plastic and deteriorate it after few miles . You are probably not science inclined so you may not understand his point. When you have plastic close to a hot engine component the plastic deteriorates faster and will give way. In his example he said plastic running on top of the starter motor, so if the plastic fails the hot water will leak ontop of the starter motor and damage the coil in it. A cheap plastic component has now damages a starter motor with costly replacement bills. BMW fuel pumps are made of plastic and they fail regularly they call them high pressure pumps. BMW water pumps are made of plastic and they fail regularly and can cause instant overheating and catastrophic engine damage. BMW engines are always leaking fluids water, engine oil, power steering oil etc all due to questionable engineering. To make matters worse the head gasket needs to be placed on some models as well as rod bearings. But on a lighter note, am of the opinion that BMW manufactured in Germany will not have these pronounced problems in low milage. Just my opinion. My first car was a 1997BMW325i I sold it 5months after purchase due to high maintenance cost. I had an option to buy another 2002 BMW318i at 900k used in Nigeria by a colleague who bought it N2.5million and used it for 1yr 8months I declined the offer but rather opted for a 2003 Nissan maxima at N1,8million. I enjoyed my maxima far better than I would have enjoyed the BMW. As at the time the BMW guy was advertising his car the roof was already falling off, the fuel pump was making noise and he was complaint of the air condition not cooling effectively and the front shock absorbers damaging frequently. Hmmmm [uote author=erico2k2 post=106936906]
They are throwing BMW away? which Junk yard bross? I own a newer version of BMW plastic is seen in all cars it hs become part of our crs to reduce weight. even range rovers have plastics so I am finding it difficult to understand your point here
I took my time to read through your reply and Im going to respond to each one since Im back from work
Point 1, Im very science Inclined, probably more than you as I'm a Fluid mechanics so I should know beter when it comes to components and how they react during heat xchange
point two, you jumped on the band wagon that there was a plastic on top on the starter motor, my friend there is not plastic on top of the starter motor. The starter Moor is imbedded in the Engine by its flywheel, what's a plastic material doing there and 4 what purpose. does it make any sense? watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elW6LmyV4vs
Another major factor to how car runs in Nigeria is the expectation you get, from it, the vast majority of cars manufacturers ask us to replace things like water pump, fuel pump, timing chains once our cars goes above 100k mile mark.
One more point you said BMW Fuel pump is made of plastic, this one weak me, How on Earth can you say this and you want to engage in automotive conversation? can you already see this statement make no sense? even KIA don't have plastic fuel pumps, please if you do not know what a fuel pump looks like you could have googled it and get a picture, all fuel pump by default look same, is a solid metal fused in an assembly with the fuel gage.
Pictures one and two are of Starter Motor no plastic remotely near it, picture three is Fuel pump! so as U can see, even your Nissan fuel pump looks like this if you google for its picture

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by erico2k2(m): 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2021
SavageResponse:

Only very few people in Nigeria will willingly spend 20K to buy just engine oil! grin
Well they will cry when their Engines fries up, I bought 4 litres of 5W30 for £29.The thing is if you spend this much on oil you might not change oil for the next 3 years

1 Like

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by dru23(m): 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2021
erico2k2:

Well they will cry when their Engines fries up, I bought 4 litres of 5W30 for £29.The thing is if you spend this [s]much on oil you might not change oil for the next 3 years[/s]

I think u meant to say that your engine will last more than 3 years......

1 Like

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by dru23(m): 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2021
SavageResponse:

And this is why engine replacement and engine sales are big business in Nigeria grin engine sellers are smiling all the way to the bank grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by dru23(m): 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2021
erico2k2:

So you think BMW are the only car brand that use plastic impeller?

Don't mind them
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by erico2k2(m): 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2021
dru23:

Nop, do you own a car? if you do read your Engine Oil change schedule most cars are 5000 miles to 7000 miles Oil change, so ask yourself, what mileage do you cover?

1 Like

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by azpekuliar: 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2021
Kinematics:

You are smart!

“Rev up your engine...” cheesy

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by azpekuliar: 4:24pm On Oct 23, 2021
IKON360:

You know Scotty Kilmer? You are a man of culture

1 Like

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by Kinematics: 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2021
azpekuliar:

2 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by alphaNomega: 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2021
dru23:

Thank you for telling him

1 Like

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? by dadabashua1(m): 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2021
azpekuliar:

lMAO scotty acts like a psyhco at times... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out / Missing Car! / Things That Happen on BRT Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.