Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms (36073 Views)

Pastor Elijah Chukwuebuka Caught With Human Head, Charms In His Church In Umunze / Prophet Paul Abam Caught Burying Charms In Someone's House In Cross River (Pics) / Pastor Caught With Charms In Wardrobe: I Am A Spiritual Man, Not A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by NaijaSatanlst: 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2021
So I just came online and I saw on the front page that an EndSARS protester was arrested for possessing charm and cutlass. This is not the first time the Nigerian Police Force has arrested someone for possession charms.

I just wanted to make this clear that in a country where there is supposed to be religious freedom, arresting someone for possessing charm is like arresting a Muslim for possession the Qur'an or a Christian for possessing the Bible.

If It was a Christian/Muslim that was arrested, people would have cried persecution/islamophobia. But now a traditional worshippers is carrying what He believes in and was arrested for it, y'all are real quiet. I'm sure some of you like are even happy with the arrest. undecided

Una good evening.

173 Likes 14 Shares

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by SSIPON(m): 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2021
You make a great point. Religious freedom should extend to everyone. But people like MaxInDHouse do not get that concept. grin

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by Kobojunkie: 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:
So I just came online and I saw on the front page that an EndSARS protester was arrested for possessing charm and cutlass. This is not the first time the Nigerian Police Force has arrested someone for possession charms. I just wanted to make this clear that in a country where there is supposed to be religious freedom, arresting someone for possessing charm is like arresting a Muslim for possession the Qur'an or a Christian for possessing the Bible. If It was a Christian/Muslim that was arrested, people would have cried persecution/islamophobia. But now a traditional worshippers is carrying what He believes in and was arrested for it, y'all are real quiet. I'm sure some of you like, jesusjnr2020 are even happy with the arrest. undecided

Una good evening.
A Bible is not a charm but simply a book. Unless you want the cops to go around arresting folks for having books, I suggest you give your reasoning there a thorough sweeping. undecided

As for the arresting of people carrying what you call charms, your anger should be directed at the Nigerian police and laws that enable such ridiculousness. undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by NaijaSatanlst: 6:47am On Oct 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
A Bible is lot a charm but simply a book.
Ok how about rosaries/beads that Christians and Muslims Carry? Surely it can be treated on the same level as charm, right?

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

Ok how about rosaries/beads that Christians and Muslims Carry? Surely it can be treated on the same level as charm, right?
Rosaries and beads have nothing to do with the Bible or Jesus Christ. undecided

If an individual who also happens to be a Christian chooses to wear such things as charms, then that choice is wholly that individuals as it does not change anything of Christianity itself. undecided

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by NaijaSatanlst: 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Rosaries and beads have nothing to do with the Bible or Jesus Christ. If a Christian chooses to wear such things as charms, then that choice is wholly that persons. undecided
Catholics wear rosaries and Methodists have special rituals called holy communion

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

Catholics wear rosaries and Methodists have special rituals called holy communion
That's of their church doctrines and individual preferences. All of that has nothing to do with scripture or God. undecided

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2021
Are they arresting people with charm?

Impossible abeg

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by slawormiir: 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Nigerians are hypocrite and one hell of holier than thou moda fuckkers
Always quick to judge that other people's sin is more bigger than theirs
You see a lecturer collecting blocking will be critizing a yahoo boy.....and one damnnn employer who is supposed to have paid his or her staff will put the money in the bank without paying staff to generate interest will be Critizing a runz babe

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by McAausim: 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
African tradition arrested and detained by Nigeria police force.... grin

Let's hear from pastor RIGHTEOUSNESS

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by Triangles1(m): 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
Yes of course, with all the jazz, charm, juju voodoo, the white still colonized and explore.

A man is made of what he thinks and believes in.

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by abobote: 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
Ofcourse, is there tradition

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
OP MADE ALOT OF SENSE!

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by WibusJaga: 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2021

According to Section 62 Paragraph 7 of the Constitution, any body or group of persons in possession of charms or fetish items with intent...
Abeg make I confirm 1st from my lawyers.

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by Damidave1124(m): 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
You're correct. Nigeria is a secular state. Nobody should be arrested for practicing what he/she believes in

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by ThinkWISELY(m): 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2021
So cutlass too na charm?,are these defenders suffering from acute gullibility or outright blindness??

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by DoggoneDogg: 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2021
You're right, Mr. Satanist.
Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by FVckbubuDcow: 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2021
I'm not sorry to say this Nigeria is a very useless country full of evil people.

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2021
Noted.

Is Ebubeagu now operating in Lagos

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by Way4orward: 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2021
Naija
Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by MrWondah(m): 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2021
While I understand your point on charms, you should know that the same person was arrested with a cutlass, which is a weapon.
The cutlass could be used to injure people or destroy properties

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by Dottore: 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2021
Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by kachistone: 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2021
Someone carried a cutlass that was concealed in his bag to a protest ground and you are pontificating. Well done.

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by pennywys(m): 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2021
Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by Vinnie2000(m): 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2021
OP
You have a Point tho..because Charms are Part of our African Traditional Religion! smiley

D Only Wahala be say: What of If dem use am Vanish ur Preek? shocked
Wetin you go come Talk? undecided

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by samtee37(m): 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2021
My attire to Unilag, tomorrow

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by miketayo(m): 8:49pm On Oct 21, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

Rosary is not a charm, u can't just hold it and expect a miracle.

Re: No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms by hisexcellency34: 8:49pm On Oct 21, 2021
Charm that couldn't save Sunday Igboho

Christian Weapons Of Warfare (8 Powerful Weapons All Christians Must Use)! / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Xenophobic Attacks: Apostle Suleman To Airlift Nigerians From South Africa