Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,148 members, 7,849,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:37 AM

Bombers Want To Incite Soldiers –mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bombers Want To Incite Soldiers –mark (495 Views)

Kayode Ogundamisi Busted Trying To Incite Hausas Against Biafrans With Fake Pics / BREAKING: Sreporters Trying To Incite Hausas Against Igbos With Fake Pictures. / Boko Haram Releases Pics Of Abuja Suicide Bombers;takes Responsibility Of Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bombers Want To Incite Soldiers –mark by hakanai(m): 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2011
Bombers want to incite soldiers –Mark
Wednesday, 01 June 2011 00:00 Abdul-Rahman Abubakar
E-mail Print PDF
28Share
[Senate President David Mark]

Senate President David Mark
The increasing incidents of bombings especially in military barracks are aimed at inciting soldiers into rampage, Senate President David Mark said yesterday.

Speaking when Senate considered a motion on the recent blasts in the country moved by Senator Ayogu Eze (PDP, Enugu North), Mark said the bombings are orchestrated by professionals aiming to achieve a selfish motive.

According to him, “by going to do it in the barracks or the Mammy market is a way of inciting the armed forces because if they are not disciplined enough, there next reaction will be to go on rampage and I think that the motive behind this bombing is a heinous one, we should make sure we do not allow people carry it further than they have done now.

“And I think the earlier we fish out those who are involved and those that have committed it so far, the better. More importantly we must make sure that from now onward, that there is no more bomb blast in this country.”

Mark blamed the escalating bomb blasts in the country on security lapses saying, “these bombings are being done by professionals. Going to leave the bomb somewhere, timing it is not something that you can give to an amateur to do. And I think the security agencies generally must share a lot of the blame in not getting this people ahead of time or after doing it, still not being able to identify them.

“I do not believe that when they are caught they should be tried secretly. I think everybody should know who and who are involved because if it is a secret trial, then at the end of the day, nobody can say what has happened. I believe that the security agencies need to buckle up a bit.”

He said the blasts would have adverse economic implications for the country as it is bound to repel investors. “But what is even more important is that we do not want to be classified as Pakistan and Afghanistan.”

In his motion, Eze drew the attention of the Senate to the alarming security situation in the country with bomb blasts occurring on daily basis claiming innocent lives and injuring several other victims.

He said: “It seems that our security agencies have no clue as to how to stop it. It has now become the norm and nothing is being done about it, meaning that our security agencies are not ready for their jobs.”

In his contribution, Senator John Shagaya said: “The first bomb blast in Nigeria happened in 1967 and within 36 hours, the culprits where apprehended. But today, the security operatives are so relaxed, thus making it easy for the perpetrators to continue with these gruesome acts without being apprehended. This is not good for the nation.”
Re: Bombers Want To Incite Soldiers –mark by violent(m): 3:03pm On Jun 02, 2011
I don't see anyone putting suggestions on the table, foolish people funny people!
Re: Bombers Want To Incite Soldiers –mark by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On Jun 02, 2011
haka_nai:

The increasing incidents of bombings especially in military barracks are aimed at inciting soldiers into rampage, Senate President David Mark said yesterday.
. . . .
According to him, “by going to do it in the barracks or the Mammy market is a way of inciting the armed forces because if they are not disciplined enough, there next reaction will be to go on rampage and I think that the motive behind this bombing is a heinous one, we should make sure we do not allow people carry it further than they have done now.

“And I think the earlier we fish out those who are involved and those that have committed it so far, the better. More importantly we must make sure that from now onward, that there is no more bomb blast in this country.”

h m m m . . . and he arrived at this how? Isn't the bigger problem the possible existence of not so disciplined soldiers who could go on a rampage as a result of this? Why am I more afraid of those than the bombers? What is our mr Mark going to do about that bigger issue?

And why is he not calling on the president to do a better work of protecting people from the bombers?
Re: Bombers Want To Incite Soldiers –mark by OAM4J: 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^Am equally shocked by the statement. If they go on rampage who will they be fighting? The unseen/unknown bombers or the citizens?
Re: Bombers Want To Incite Soldiers –mark by Rhino5dm: 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2011
Slowly slowly the chicken is coming home for roast.

Aha! Is about time to take out corrupt politicians.
David mark no matter how you try to hide your ugly corrupted face with hysteria, your days is approaching zero.
The innocent must laugh at last and the wicked disgraced. My heart will always be with the cheated and the decieved.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Needs N8trillion To Complete Projects / ... / As S/west Loses Out Of Power Equation:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.