Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt (30862 Views)

Gunmen Abduct 15 Youths In Imo Community, Storm Monarch’s Palace / Seven Shot As Another Police Station Is Razed In Lagos / Chukwunonso Nwoko: Ned Nwoko Asked Police To Dig Up Monarch's Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by AtikuNetwork: 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2021
Yet-to-be identified hoodlums have set ablaze the palace of the traditional ruler of the Etekwuru community in the Ohaji/Egbema Local Government Area of Imo State.

His highlander jeep and properties were not spared as the attackers supervised the razing.

The incident which happened Thursday night came just 24 hours after youths and soldiers clashed in the community.

The clash led to the killing of a soldier and in a reprisal attack, the enraged military men burnt some houses in the agrarian community.

On Thursday night, the attackers stormed the king’s palace with explosives and when they could not find the monarch or any member of his family, they set his house and properties which included his official vehicle on fire.

The traditional ruler told our correspondent that he was taking refuge at the Divisional Police Headquarters located at Mmahu.

He said that he and his wife who were in the house when the hoodlums struck, escaped death by whiskers.

The monarch who said that he was rescued by police operatives, decried that he left his palace half-naked.

Calling on the public to come to his rescue, the monarch said that he had lost a lot to the attack.

In a text message sent to our correspondent, the monarch said, “At 10.30 pm of Thursday 21/10/21 hoodlums came into my compound, broke my window glasses, pour fuel into my rooms, and set my house on fire.

“They were shooting sporadically and I couldn’t find a way of escape with my wife and child. I started making calls to the police for help but the help could not come until the building burnt beyond control. My 4runner Jeep burnt to ashes.

“The police came around 11.45 pm but could not get the arsonists. I learnt it was those boys responsible for the killing of the soldier whose houses were set on fire by the Army on reprisal that are responsible for the arson.

“I left my house with only boxers as all properties in my house burnt. As the police arrived, I came out from my hidden point and discovered that the next building to my house is also on fire.

“I am calling for help from any good-spirited person to enable me to survive the shock, as I am now in the police station.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/hoodlums-raze-monarchs-palace-in-imo/%3famp

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by BKayy: 1:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
I am beginning to believe the ascertion by some British experts after they abolished the monarchy they created in Igboland in 1929. They said the move was to save the imposed monarchs from the wrath of the people after the "Aba Women's riot/war"

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Gentlerespect76: 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
BKayy:
I am beginning to believe the ascertion by some British that abolishing the Monarchy they created in Igboland in 1929 was to save the monarchs from the wrath of the people.

Ah toh. But come to think of it, a fair and just ruler has no ill to fear from their subjects. But when the monarchy turns against the people, no shelter will be strong enough protection.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Moferere: 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2021
AfghanEASTERN

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by BombAttack(f): 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2021
Gentlerespect76:

Ah toh. But come to think of it, a fair and just ruler has no ill to fear from their subjects. But when the monarchy turns against the people, no shelter will be strong enough protection.

Gbam my brother

You nailed it

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by BKayy: 1:13pm On Oct 22, 2021
Gentlerespect76:

To be honest with you, the very existence of the institution (monarchy) is not fair to the people the imposed monarchs claim to Lord over.
Its just a culture shock, nothing more.
There are stages a community of people pass through before kingdoms are established (it takes centuries) not a stroke of pen.

If Ndigbo were meant to have kings, they would have been that way before the Europeans came.

And please note that monarchy in Igboland is not for the people, they are Civil servants of the Federal Republic of Nigeria under the direct command of the State Governor(chieftaincy edict).

I doubt there is any monarch in Igboland the community will risk being scratched if people like this come for them.
No single community

9 Likes

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Conrod: 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2021
Any pro government \ antipeople "eze" in igboland should better start wearing his shoes.

8 Likes

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by loveth360(f): 1:18pm On Oct 22, 2021
Good time for politicians to deal with their rivals without being suspected.

They should just leave common civilians out of their chess.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by SlayerForever: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2021
Hmmm. This event brings a thought to my head.

This is also what happened in Nembe Brass. The youths got fed up and stormed his palace burning and destroying everything in sight.

Recently I have seen Opobo youths online express utter disappointment in the traditional stool.

This current news will bring to the number of monarch's palace burnt to the ground in Imo state to 3 within a month. In Imo state's case the monarchs are particularly unscrupulous.

I will bet my money that some monarchs will soon have their palaces burnt down in Rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Blackfire(m): 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2021
Miscreants

2 Likes

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by JOemmy(m): 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2021
Uzodima will go down in history as the worst governor to ever govern imo state just look at what he has reduced a once peaceful imo to in less than 2yrs in office.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Flexherbal(m): 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
The clash led to the killing of a soldier and in a reprisal attack, the enraged military men burnt some houses in the agrarian community.

My friend was just trying to convince me just now that there is still hope for Nigeria.
Now, this.
Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Marvieduke(f): 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
Oh God please let their be peace in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Sebastine1994(m): 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
Power resides where men believe it resides.
It’s a trick. A shadow on the wall.
And a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

There are four men in a room - King, Priest, RichMan and Sellsword. The first three men each say the same thing to Sellsword - to kill the other two.

Now if Mr. Sellsword happens to be a devout man, he obeys Priest and kills King and Richman.

If Mr. Sellsword happens to think money is more important, he listens to Richman and kills King and Priest.

And finally, if Mr. Sellsword believes that it is his duty to obey King, he kills Priest and Richman.

Point? It doesn’t matter how powerful King, Priest or Richman consider themselves to be. Real power lies with the one whose claim Sellsword believes. It’s up to Sellsword at this point to make a call about who should be killed and who should be spared.

Sellsword here is ultimately a representation of the people. So it really is up to the people to decide who they believe in. No authority can hope to sustain power if the people don’t believe in them.

Power resides where men believe it resides.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by thatsleepboy1: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
DSS AT WORK

4 Likes

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by JosephXavier: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
The monarch's have refused to condemn all the evil going on in their communities

I still don't know the relevance of those monarch's in the society when they can't speak for the people

They have been silent all these while until two were murdered last week before they gave a press conference on the Nnamdi kanu case and addresses some other issues affecting the region

Though I am not in support of these violence but if that is what will make them

4 Likes

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Aganju849: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
Gentlerespect76:

Traditional ruler na saboteur

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Ppogbae: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
Lol, they are just destroying themselves grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by helinues: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
Very good. Everything must be burned to the ground until Kanu is released.

And after his release, he would build all back

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by toyinjimoh(m): 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
Destroying your own peoples millions of properties, that's total madness

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Moferere: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
Unknown Gun Men dealing with their own King

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by nitt: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
Lovely!

Buhari & the Fulanis are really feeling it

More!
More!!
More!!!

cheesy

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by EmekaBlue(m): 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
Hmm. But if they wanted to kill you they would have killed you.

Now this will be link to IPOB/ESN as usual even without good investigation

2 Likes

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by IKBARUTEN11(m): 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
Let us pray for Imo

Nevertheless, he that often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed and that without remedy
Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Baawaa(m): 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
R
Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
grin Keep killing and destroying una sefs plus una Land and Properties grin grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by IPOBrep: 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
all this warrant chiefs in our land sef
Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Elsodeeq: 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
Please landers, which site I can sell share and sell at 95% rate
Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Sified(m): 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
Doesn't solve the problem tho
Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by yuzjet(m): 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by Siwisheswereesh: 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2021
AfghanYEASTern kiss

8 Likes

Re: Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt by lifeandjoy: 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2021
Let it be known that the military wants to burn down the whole of south east starting from Imo state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP's Caleb Muftwang Wins Plateau Governorship Election (2023) / Release Nnamdi Kanu, Create 6th S’east State – Ohanaeze's 4 Demands From Tinubu / President Buhari Receives A Congratulatory Visit From Traditional Rulers Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.