Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? (3410 Views)

Pot-Bellied Man Stuck In Between Tractors (Photo) / 10 Things To Do While Stuck In Nigerian Traffic / How Do You Treat Someone That Acts Important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by mamagee3(f): 9:02pm On Jun 02, 2011
[size=20pt]I mean someone that thinks she's better than you and she's very important?

How do you treat such people?
[/size]
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by freecocoa(f): 9:07pm On Jun 02, 2011
you ignore them.
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by MMM2(m): 9:14pm On Jun 02, 2011
u kill d person. angry
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by Seun(m): 3:21am On Jun 03, 2011
Just let them be. The person may be over-compensating for lack of attention or something.
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by Nobody: 3:31am On Jun 03, 2011
If they are employee?.Fire them
if they are frndz.keep them @ arm lenght
if they are family mmber ignore the.
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by obowunmi(m): 3:35am On Jun 03, 2011
Ignore button
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by InkedNerd(f): 6:53am On Jun 03, 2011
Do what I do when they talk. . . Nod, smile, and let them enjoy the sound of their own voice when they speak.
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by tpia5: 6:56am On Jun 03, 2011
mamagee you really cant keep on attacking people all the time for being different than you.
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by Oluschenco(m): 9:25am On Jun 03, 2011
Stop giving him/her ful attention.
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by SouthChi(m): 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2011
she has the right to feel "stuck up" as you put it,

some people mistaken conceit with confidence, i love people that have high self-esteems!

i say treat her with respect and encourage her to stay strong!
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by InkedNerd(f): 3:01am On Jun 04, 2011
SouthChi:

she has the right to feel "stuck up" as you put it,

some people mistaken conceit with confidence, i love people that have high self-esteems!

i say treat her with respect and encourage her to stay strong!

Suppose the girl actually is conceited? Nowadays, it seems like a lot of people are full of themselves. LOL, my sister takes pic for a UK site she write for and when she goes to Soho to take pics for the images for the website, the way people act when she approaches them for a pic is vicarious. In fact, some of them even come up to her and ask her to take her pic even though they have no idea who she is. All they see is photography equipment and and expensive camera and they just jump on it. Anyway, yes people have a right to have high self esteem but there is a difference between having high self esteem and being flat out conceited.
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by SouthChi(m): 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Suppose the girl actually is conceited? Nowadays, it seems like a lot of people are full of themselves. LOL, my sister takes pic for a UK site she write for and when she goes to Soho to take pics for the images for the website, the way people act when she approaches them for a pic is vicarious. In fact, some of them even come up to her and ask her to take her pic even though they have no idea who she is. All they see is photography equipment and and expensive camera and they just jump on it. Anyway, yes people have a right to have high self esteem but there is a difference between having high self esteem and being flat out conceited.

She has a right to be conceited, so what? If that makes her happy then be happy for her, you think? If she';s excited about her life and her looks then good for her, especially in these hard times. I don't understand why people spend so much time analyzing other people.
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by InkedNerd(f): 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2011
SouthChi:

She has a right to be conceited, so what? If that makes her happy then be happy for her, you think?  If she';s excited about her life and her looks then good for her, especially in these hard times. I don't understand why people spend so much time analyzing other people.

Did I say she didn't have a right to think highly of herself? Ummm newsflash, people pass judgment all the time, its just a matter of whether or not the judgment is good or bad. Just as you say this woman/girl has a right to think of herself in that manner, mama-gee has a right to think what she wants about the person. It goes both ways. There will always be that one person with the personality that is so full of themselves that it is obnoxious and puts people off and there is always gonna that one person who just can't stand people like that. It's nothing new.
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by MaiSuya(m): 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2011
the problem with pressing the ignore button on such people is that it seldom works. . . embarassed
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by tpia5: 6:11pm On Jun 04, 2011
live and let live.

chronic complainers are often worse than the people they complain about.

if you feel someone is conceited [your subjective opinion which may or may not be accurate], then tell them that's the vibe you're getting, or[b] shut up[/b].

@ topic
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by InkedNerd(f): 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2011
Mai Suya:

the problem with pressing the ignore button on such people is that it seldom works. . . embarassed

Maybe your not pressing it hard enough. Try again grin
Re: How Do You Treat Someone That's Stuck Up In Themselves? by tpia5: 3:32am On Jul 08, 2013
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

The Deplorable State Of Ilogbo-eremi Road / Why Women Cry? / We Can Now Like Profile Pictures On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.