Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Will You Return This To Your Company? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Will You Return This To Your Company? (17051 Views)

Register Your Company With CAC Today Via An Accredited Professional / Tips On Handling Mistakes Within Your Company / Things You Should Never Do When You Return From Holiday Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Return This To Your Company? by papiilo(m): 8:47am On Aug 05, 2022
Morning guys!

So this company where I work paid me twice in error. Do you think they will detect later that they paid me twice?
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by robinso01(m): 8:51am On Aug 05, 2022
Go and tell them, it might be a test. Be the reason people believe some Nigerians are still trustworthy.

293 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Niorte: 10:52am On Aug 05, 2022
Please return it.

Why you should return it.

1. It improves your integrity in the eyes of the management.

How to return it.

Don't return it silently. Write a letter informing them you receive double if your salary and you want to recheck if it was done in error.

Let it be documented

It will all add to your trust level.

420 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by papiilo(m): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
Niorte:
Please return it.

Why you should return it.

1. It improves your integrity in the eyes of the management.

How to return it.

Don't return it silently. Write a letter informing them you receive double if your salary and you want to recheck if it was done in error.

Let it be documented

It will all add to your trust level.
thanks for this wonderful advice

191 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by papiilo(m): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
robinso01:
Go and tell them, it might be a test. Be the reason people believe some Nigerians are still trustworthy.
okay sir

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Klass99(f): 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2022

122 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by papiilo(m): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2022
Klass99:

Yes, there's a possibility it might be detected later on and your integrity will be questioned.

I heard something similar happened years ago at one of these new generation banks. Some staff went on a shopping spree, a few didn't touch the money but privately called finance/accounts attention to the fact their salary accounts were credited in excess of what they should receive.

It turns out there was a technical glitch with the payroll software which caused double credits. In resolving the issue those who started spending the money without ever saying a word to HR or Finance were sacked. It was called an integrity issue, as in, they lacked integrity and couldn't be trusted with money.
Nice input, tnx dear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by GloriousGbola: 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

So this company where I work paid me twice in error. Do you think they will detect later that they paid me twice?

The system is automated and they will always eventually find out. During audit, reconciliation or some other exercise.

Especially if you have enterprise payroll solution.

We had a guy on contract who moved to another unit. For a year he was taking two salaries.

He was still found out.

It is only in cash based one man business with poor record keeping that you can get away with this

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Kobicove(m): 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

Should you even be asking this question?!

You need to alert the finance department so you can return the excess money paid to you

22 Likes

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by papiilo(m): 7:09am On Sep 12, 2022
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by papiilo(m): 7:10am On Sep 12, 2022
Kobicove:

Should you even be asking this question?!

You need to alert the finance department so you can return the excess money paid to you
Yea
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by illicit(m): 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2022
Revert ASAP
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Chopmodz(m): 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2022
You better return the money

6 Likes

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by tuzle(m): 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2022
Stupid question. U are free to keep it. Only scammers, greedy people, thieves ask this kind of silly question.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Olachase(m): 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2022
Gud afternoon wicked world

Our manager ran abroad with the company project money

H. R lie to us say them day comot money for pensions and tax every month from our salary, buh na their pocket the money they enter.

H. R will look for a way to sack employees around 19th - 20th so they won't pay you salary

For Nigeria you still day look for integrity

If na one company way them call WAUM u day work and they make such mistakes bro cash out the money and relocate to Togo grin grin

Gud afternoon once again wicked world.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Tonypen247(m): 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
Return it
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by chaddy16: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
Return it immediately before yawa gas

6 Likes

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by oka4ugoo: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
Damn integrity test. This is called I dey my dey and they carry sugar put for my mouth.

Don't be a pus*sy a*s nigga be a damnnn niggar like my niggar Slawomir, get urself a bottles of Heineken, wraps of weed and go club that money till it finishes bro. grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
Let management know about the error and subsequently return the excess to the company

3 Likes

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by tunapawizzy: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
You should withdraw the money twice in error BUT be ready to be sacked once, this time around, NOT in error...
Na joke o, once u withdraw it, just be ready to work for free in the next month, and say goodbye to any form of promotion cos u have failed the integrity test which u will never recover from as long as you are in that organization

6 Likes

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by IboHausaYoruba: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
In this era of high innovation in ICT. The best thing to do is to refund and report because, any which way they will still detect.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Romanoff(f): 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
Report it and return it back.

It's an integrity issue if you stay silent.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by emmyw(m): 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
Lol
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Ezedon(m): 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2022
Use it to solve ur problem first, what if the mistake is from the bank, then when they catch you, don't come looking for me

You you bring the money let me return it

1 Like

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by bigdammyj: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2022
Reading...
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by oluwaseyi0: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2022
simply notify them if you intend to continue working there or you intend to continue working even anywhere else
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by eDoctorr(m): 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2022
I'll alert them coz they still gonna know
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Majesty33(m): 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2022
It has happened to me twice and it was detected and it was reversed but those that tampered with the excess cash were severely dealt with.

5 Likes

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by ednut1(m): 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2022
during audit or bank reconciliation it will happen lol. happened to me once, i was paid leave bonus twice . had to return it
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by saintnegroid(m): 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

return their money even if they don't detect. Be a gentle man. But let me tell you that they will certainly know about it and they will penalize you for not notifying them

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Cutehector(m): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2022
Ah.. Return immediately! I know my company grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School / Meet Akintola Williams, The First Chartered Accountant In Africa / Tired With Ican Exams!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.