Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting (4481 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by homerac7: 6:36am On Jun 03, 2011
On June 3, 2011 · In News

By EMMA OVUAKPORIE

ABUJA—Tears flowed freely yesterday as members of the House of Representatives held the last session of the sixth National Assembly.

Some of them were very emotional in their speeches and stopped midway as they could not complete their speeches.
Most of the legislators will not be coming back and were therefore bidding themselves farewell.

At its last sitting yesterday, the House tendered an unreserved apology and lifted all forms of indictments that led to the removal of Mrs. Patricia Etteh as Speaker in October 2007.

The former Speaker, in an emotion-laden voice, in her valedictory speech which lasted 13 minutes, had insisted that she was at no time found wanting during her few months in office but described her removal as political.

She drew attention of her colleagues to how her name and legacy as public servant had been rubbished due to corruption charges levelled against her, urging her colleagues to pass a resolution that would vacate whatever indictment and clear her good name.

END OF AN ERA: Speaker Dimeji Bankole (8th from right) and members of the House of Representatives after the 6th Session of the National Assembly ended in Abuja, yesterday. Photo: Gbemiga Olamikan.

Immediately the motion for her removal was moved by Ita Enang, Chairman, House Committee on Rules and Business, members unanimously adopted and passed it; setting the record as the last motion of the session.

Enang had said that there was no record in the House that indicted on the allegation of financial practices against the Osun State-born lawmaker and her Deputy, Babangida Igoroje before their eventual removal.

Etteh and Igoroje were removed from office in 2007 over allegations of appropriation of the sum of N628 million meant for renovation and furnishing of their official residences without the chamber’s approval.

Hon. Farouk Lawan, now a fourth-timer had then spear-headed a movement called the Integrity Group to coerce Etteh and made her step down from office following a report that indicted her.

The ad-hoc committee to investigate her was led by David Idoko where majority of members applauded her removal even though it had not finished work.

Elated Etteh however rendered two praise worship songs to God indicating that she was the happiest person of the day shortly after Nnena Ukeje seconded the motion.

To Etteh it was a joy noise worth rendering to clear her name from the smear the House used in rubbishing her impeccable record
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by tpia5: 6:47am On Jun 03, 2011
nigerians always cooperate across tribal lines whenever money is involved.

true nationalism.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by shevalync: 8:52am On Jun 03, 2011
The ones in tears will surely be those that are not returning.they are crying cos they will surely miss out on all JUMBO ALLOWANCES. me i dey laugh jo! grin grin grin grin
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by Bawss1(m): 9:07am On Jun 03, 2011
Tears for what? Is it for the job they didn't do or for the money they'll be missing out on?

Another nauseating display of sentimentality.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by jmaine: 9:20am On Jun 03, 2011
Bawss1:

Tears for what? Is it for the job they didn't do or for the money they'll be missing out on?

The emboldened one i guess . . .more or less like already having nostalgia of the unabated looting jamboree common with all Nigerian Lawmakers . . . . was amusing seeing men cry . . .Money, the only strong stimulant that can propel a Naija man to shed unsolicited tears . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by 1025: 9:33am On Jun 03, 2011
fresh air jonathan. the stealing continues. if time is not taken, nigeria is about seeing stealing at its worst record in the history of man. we are watching this fresh air.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by blackmann(m): 11:54am On Jun 03, 2011
Awon ole jati jati
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by owasoyo: 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2011
1025 or what do u call ur self? We pray beta days will come in dis dispensat ,if u dont want it,pray for worse days for ur family not Nigeria
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by OAM4J: 12:16pm On Jun 03, 2011
Bawss1:

lol grin Or tears for Nigeria.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by mallorca(m): 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2011
Madam Etteh go and rest tongue this what my people called medicine after Death
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by rolchi(m): 12:50pm On Jun 03, 2011
grin grin grin do they cry in America? grin grin grin
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by Badesh(m): 1:08pm On Jun 03, 2011
Moribound legislators, why won't dey cry like Buhari?. Those inglorious bastards!!!!!!. They probably had too much oil money flowing in their veins as such that the only way to give back to the citizenry is shed water from their bloody eyes for us to drink, mscheeeewwww!!!!!!. Eteh "the hair dresser", why did it take her aeon to demand that her name be cleared of corruption charges?. Maybe if Ribadu had ferried her to Kirikiri way back then and made her face the music, we would have been told some details.

Be it old member of the the house or new, they are surely available to milk this country and it is obvious that sooner than later, the god of amadioha shall strike you in the middle of your delibeartions if care is not taken.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by Musiwa51: 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2011
they have up till 6 june. their last sitting is 6th june. why cant they wait till then.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by krixik(m): 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2011
EFCC should go  after them and within a second the whole tears will vanish. Bankole is my witness.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by kasiem(m): 1:35pm On Jun 03, 2011
Why are guys flinty and unconcerned about the problems of our legislators, i'm soaked with tears cos ikechukwu obiora and c.i.d maduabum of my zone will miss the jumbo package. All in all, i appreciate them in making my area politically extraneous by keeping mute without any single law that'll benefit us and also making know that we are not due to be enjoy our constituency dividends. God save in the hand of andy uba the incoming rogue.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2011
shevalync:

The ones in tears will surely be those that are not returning.they are crying cos they will surely miss out on all JUMBO ALLOWANCES. me i dey laugh jo! grin grin grin grin

Sometimes the rich also cry.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by oladayo042: 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2011
Tears my foot.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by delicious1(m): 1:59pm On Jun 03, 2011
Tears of joy? No.
Tears that they aren't coming back? Yes.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by ayomifull(f): 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2011
kasiem:

Why are guys flinty and unconcerned about the problems of our legislators, i'm soaked with tears cos ikechukwu obiora and c.i.d maduabum of my zone will miss the jumbo package. All in all, i appreciate them in making my area politically extraneous by keeping mute without any single law that'll benefit us and also making know that we are not due to be enjoy our constituency dividends. God save in the hand of andy uba the incoming rogue.

dont mind them, i am actually sheding tears that my egbon is not returning to the house where he spent 8 unproductive and useless years while loading his bank accounts.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by Ournaija: 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2011
Shameless old fools, Tears are cheap.

Dont be carried away by their crocodile tears. I heard that Bankole has finally escaped been nabbed.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by ayomifull(f): 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2011
deli.cious:

Tears of joy? No.
Tears that they aren't coming back? Yes.

to steal more money to fund their bank loans they took with ojukokoro to buy shares which let them down from their envisaged profit
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by mystikal(m): 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2011
Douche bags
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by EvilBrain1(m): 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2011
Crying and singing praise and worship on the house floor? How touching!

Anyhow, these people should hurry up, pack their load and GTFO. And be careful not to let the door hit them on the ynash on the way.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by femib26(m): 4:01pm On Jun 03, 2011
crocodile tears!
They must be crying for the money they will miss especially for those that are not coming back!
Ewuuuuuuuuuu tears!!!!
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by gernded(m): 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2011
like buhari like rapes, cry cry babies
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by Memunah(f): 4:16pm On Jun 03, 2011
Patricia Eteh cleared of all allegations of money scam after 3 years,na wah oh,Oya ministerial list name him remain for her jare
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by HighChief4(m): 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2011
Some might be crying cos of the jumbo pay they will miss, while it just dawned on some that toothless EFCC will soon be inviting them

Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by Dsense(m): 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2011
OP.

Na Ayilala go finish dem one by one . . . . .Ragtags! undecided
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by matty1024: 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2011
Heheheheheheheheheheh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
They are crying because We are now equal!
CROOKS.
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by scopusng(m): 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2011
Moro.nssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 03, 2011
kasiem:

i dnt like that man atall! but it seems people are happy he won! I ALWAYS TAKE HIM BAD! can you tell me why everybody now supports him?
Re: Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting by JimmyBoy1: 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2011
Records of misdeeds were recorded in our minds and not any document in the house i.e their resolution does not erase anything from our minds. As regards the tears, I dont really get it, becauses millaons have been pocketed in the name of allowances.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5,000 Police Officers Deployed To Sokoto Ahead Of GEJ's Visit To Flag-off Campa / El-Rufai Has No Regrets For Abuja Demolitions / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.