Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,187 members, 7,835,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November (26399 Views)

We’ve Uncovered A ‘Satanic’ Plot By Dangote To Cause Chaos – Kogi Government / Sunday Dare Relocates To MKO Abiola Stadium, Abuja / Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Reflect7: 8:41am On Oct 24, 2021
Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by seankafor(m): 8:41am On Oct 24, 2021
Reflect7:
Samson Siasia Stadium, Yenagoa
this is not recent bro..

It was renovated

Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:45am On Oct 24, 2021
helinues:

They are called children of eight for a reason

"hate" not "eight"
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by generalwo(m): 8:47am On Oct 24, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Where's the pictures and videos
... Check Google or visit the stadium
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by helinues: 8:48am On Oct 24, 2021
NEIGHBOUR:

"hate" not "eight"

This one na newbie on NL

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by jericco1(m): 8:50am On Oct 24, 2021
Very commendable

Unlike before where you can hone your hunting skills there
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Adek15(m): 8:50am On Oct 24, 2021
Reflect7:
Akwa Ibom Stadium, Uyo is probably Nigeria's prettiest stadium at present.

I was in this stadium in 2018 when super eagles played athletico Madrid. The stadium is truly beautiful but very poorly maintained. The toilet is an eyesore.
We seriously lack maintenance culture in this part of the world.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by brightleave(m): 8:51am On Oct 24, 2021
Reflect7:
Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November

https://leadership.ng/dangote-to-hand-over-refurbished-mko-abiola-stadium-in-november/
dem go don thief almost everything in few years time
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Wahalaperson: 8:54am On Oct 24, 2021
Reflect7:

Use your head. We cannot undo what's been done. The govt built and fully funded the stadium nearly 2 decades ago, back when it was the vogue for govt to build everything. So the only way the stadium can be maintained is by periodically renewing the maintenance contracts with private sector firms.

If that stadium were to be built today, it would be a PPP project, in which maintenance is written into the contract itself before anything is signed.

So if you go to any facility in Nigeria today that was built with such PPP-like arrangements, you will find the facility well maintained.

So simply saying ''Nigeria has no maintenance culture'' is loudly stating your ignorance of how projects work, and where we are today in terms of how projects are arranged and financed.

you are blabbing here because you are obviously oblivious of what's happening in the country.

Don't worry after two years you will realise what I'm trying to tell you now, then you will have sense. If it was built now it would have been PPP, so the godswill akpabio stadium that was built around 2013 is also a PPP?

Stadiums, rails, bridges, international airports are currently at different stages of Construction all over the country and they are solely govt funded but you are here blabbing about PPP, I guess you just came across that term.
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Reflect7: 9:10am On Oct 24, 2021
Wahalaperson:
you are blabbing here because you are obviously oblivious of what's happening in the country.

Don't worry after two years you will realise what I'm trying to tell you now, then you will have sense. If it was built now it would have been PPP, so the godswill akpabio stadium that was built around 2013 is also a PPP?

That stadium was built a decade ago, and it was a fully state-govt funded project, with no private participation in funding.

So THAT stadium does not fall under the classification of projects with private sector partnership.

Stadiums, rails, bridges, international airports are currently at different stages of Construction all over the country and they are solely govt funded but you are here blabbing about PPP, I guess you just came across that term.

You need to shut that trap and go do some research instead of making wild, baseless assertions.

Here's a list of the numerous PPP projects in Nigeria - completed and ongoing - with a current combined value of nearly 30 billion dollars!

https://pppknowledgelab.org/countries/nigeria
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Reflect7: 9:20am On Oct 24, 2021
Adek15:
I was in this stadium in 2018 when super eagles played athletico Madrid. The stadium is truly beautiful but very poorly maintained. The toilet is an eyesore.
We seriously lack maintenance culture in this part of the world.

Abeg go siddon. There is NOTHING WRONG with the toilets in the Uyo stadium.

You went there during a match and you expected what? Clean toilets?

There is no stadium on Earth whose toilets are nice and clean during a game, because tens of thousands of people, many drunk and loutish, are all over the place.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Wahalaperson: 10:00am On Oct 24, 2021
Reflect7:

That stadium was built a decade ago, and it was a fully state-govt funded project, with no private participation in funding.

So THAT stadium does not fall under the classification of projects with private sector partnership.

You need to shut that trap and go do some research instead of making wild, baseless assertions.

Here's a list of the numerous PPP projects in Nigeria - completed and ongoing - with a current combined value of nearly 30 billion dollars!

https://pppknowledgelab.org/countries/nigeria
mugu, now calculate the number of projects that are solely govt funded and it's worth.
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by poweredcom(m): 10:16am On Oct 24, 2021
Reflect7:

There is no stadium on Earth whose toilets are nice and clean during a game, because tens of thousands of people, many drunk and loutish, are all over the place.

Correct ...am not sure the toilet in Akwa ibom stadium is bad compared to teslim balogin stadium or national stadium ...Abeg no enter dose toilet oo you go jakpa very dirty and filled with cobweb ...broken toilet seat n not flushing ..smelling oh lord
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Polynek(m): 10:47am On Oct 24, 2021
Is beautiful no Cap
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Sadar: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2021
Why is the amount hid in secrecy?
Any clue to the details of the money involved and proper accounting or Rtd. Major General Buhari not accountable ni?
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by briggson07(m): 11:04am On Oct 24, 2021
[quote author=Reflect7 post=107008711]Adokiye Amaesimaka Stadium, Port Harcourt
[/quote
Old picture
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by AmazingELixir: 11:15am On Oct 24, 2021
Reflect7:

Do you have an idea how many stadiums stadia we have in Nigeria?

You pick one out of the many stadiums stadia and use that one to smear everything else?

Why are the other stadiums stadia being posted here not ''in a sorry state''?

Some of them are older than the Abuja stadium.

Why have they not fallen into disrepair?

Why did we forget to have ''poor maintenance culture'' with them?

Better now
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Bellotelli: 11:59am On Oct 24, 2021
Jamesbiodun:
Good one I hope herdsmen won't bring their cattle to the field though
Who can stop them... That grass is healthy for buhari cows.
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Tokkson: 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
[quote author=Reflect7 post=107010615]Samson Siasia Stadium, Yenagoa
[/quote

All these stadiums you have been quoting were renvoated of recent. They were once in a sorry state. So what's your point exactly?
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Gamelord007: 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
I just like Dangote, he is one business man i respect. Why ? He is adding value to Nigerians . Not like the others playing safe in business, he is willing to take serious risks not only for business but for the benefit of country .
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Gbedulord: 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
benuejosh:
Aside Adenuga, I am yet to see what a southerner has done in regards to CSR. Especially South East and South South. But the children of hate will creep out now to condemn this man.
what are talking about Benue boy man who's are the one feeding this nation
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by brandsoncharlie: 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2021
Reflect7:

Thank you very much.

If you go round the advanced world you will find that it is the private sector that drives all these developments. 

Here we expect govt to do everything.

Thank goodness Dangote is showing Corporate Social Responsibility in action.
No enabling environment, insecurities everywhere. Use your brain for once. How do expect private sector to drive the economy when their investments aren't safe from criminal elements, no or poor electricity, poor government policies.
To crown it all Nigeria is one of the most unsafe places to live in the world.
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by COMPAQ(m): 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
Reflect7:

Stop stereotyping.

It all depends on the arrangements made for the maintenance. Most projects today are done via PPP (Public-Private Partnership), and maintenance clauses are written into the contracts, to protect shareholders' investment, and it works. Numerous examples abound from airports to railway facilities.

Maintenance problems arose in the PAST when projects were 100% govt funded, (eg National Theatre, National Stadium Surulere, MMA etc) and there was no real incentive to maintain projects by using govt funds.

Today, as a result of private sector involvement in projects, the story is different.

Its not stereotyping but the honest truth. How many times has the stadium fallen into disrepair and fixed. This will be like the fourth time. I can guarantee you by 2025, we will be back to the same situation again if left in government hands.
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by COMPAQ(m): 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2021
Reflect7:

That is absolutely not true. By the same logic, toilets at airports and major train stations abroad should be filthy too because many people pass through there very often and that is not the case. I have watched a match at West ham stadium and Etihad before and used the toilet at half time and it was fine.
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Adek15(m): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
Reflect7:

Oga no be fight na. I only said what I saw... Buhari is really dealing with you guys. Anger everywhere!
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Pootle: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
track and field stadium are outdated for football purposes...a national football stadium should be built.
Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Blue3k(m): 6:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
COMPAQ:

That is absolutely not true. By the same logic, toilets at airports and major train stations abroad should be filthy too because many people pass through there very often and that is not the case. I have watched a match at West ham stadium and Etihad before and used the toilet at half time and it was fine.

Lol this subhuman isn't used to living among civilized people. Why is it big deal to ask for clean toilets? Does the place not have janitors and the people should be doing their best not to make a mess knowing others have to use the facilities after them. I guess he'll ask for a picture next as proof since he can't fathom the concept of clean bathrooms during a match.

Adek15:

Oga no be fight na. I only said what I saw... Buhari is really dealing with you guys. Anger everywhere!

How dare you demand clean bathrooms dont you know thats part of the experience.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November by Adek15(m): 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
Blue3k:

Lol this subhuman isn't used to living among civilized people. Why is it big deal to ask for clean toilets? Does the place not have janitors and the people should be doing their best not to make a mess knowing others have to use the facilities after them. I guess he'll ask for a picture next as proof since he can't fathom the concept of clean bathrooms during a match.
Mehn!! I was surprised at the way he attacked me.

How dare you demand clean bathrooms dont you know thats part of the experience.
Hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? / Coronavirus: Tinubu & Wife, Remi Test Negative After Lateef Raheem's Death / RE: Soludo Mocks Peter Obi, Says LP Will Labour In Vain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.