Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,285 members, 7,860,665 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:01 PM

Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison (66197 Views)

Adili Chibuike Ejike: Singapore’s Supreme Court Frees Nigerian On Death Row / 23 Nigerians On Death Row In Saudi Arabia (Full Names) / 99-Year-Old Prisoner On Death Row In Enugu Prison With His Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by ogascomax: 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2021
Even in USA people are in prison for crime they did not commit. I have had and watched good number of cases even one is sueing the governor of his State after spending more than a decade and was released recently. Pray you never fall accused of something that you can't escape.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by hahn(m): 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
Geestarry:
Something isn't adding up.

How would someone be sentenced to death without a case file

In Nigeria anything is possible.

Do you know how many people have stayed up to 5 years and more in ATM? undecided
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by OgunkeelAllMod: 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright .....Peruse through the article while blazing my weed ...I must say it is filled with pathos

Nigeria prison

Na innocent souls dey languish for there
yeah,but you ,when the long arm of the law finally catches up with you.. You go be right PROPER INMATE, yeah you heard right, the right jailbird behind iron curtain undecided
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Lovenorth: 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
Buhari has sympathized with him. Thank you Buhari our lovely president
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by panpan(m): 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
Gadafii:
That 14 years is 7*2 shey

Cos he said he was sentenced in 2013

Perhaps he was in prison for years awaiting trial before he was sentenced.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by APCNig: 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2021
Geestarry:

If this is true, then the judge should be made to replace the formerly condemned prisoner. And the judge should have a case file.

Look at the ex-convict's head, definitely the guy is a Flattino (we are used to that now grin grin) and the Shepherd that helped him out of being executed, is a coned head Yoruba man.

Southerners loved each other before politicians separated us. We still loved ourselves, but politicians are doing everything possible to keep us separated.

Please not mention the blood suckers from the Sahara desert, they are not humans, human beings don't drink blood.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Solsix(m): 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2021
Miracle still happen, just believe and be patient
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by HolyStriker(m): 7:38pm On Oct 25, 2021
What God cannot do does not exist
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Daboomb: 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
Aufbauh:
Let somebody shout Hallelujah! His God has come through for him.

However they're so many of his kind with similar case of misidentity languishing in prisons with no hope in sight.

What should bother us as Nigerians, is how somebody without a case file, gets sentenced to death!
Justice Olushola Williams, hopefully if he is still alive an probably even still in Service, needs a lot of explaining to do to Nigerians.

How can Pastor Ogundiper facilitate his release from the Death Row, if he was actually guilty of an offense that merits death sentence?
That is not how the Law and Justice should work
Did he kill someone? How will the family of the Victim (if there was actually one!) feel, to see the killer out of Prison or not served his sentence?

While l am very delighted that an innocent man is not hanged for what he knows nothing about, l am equally alarmed that "Justice in Nigeria" is now about Who you know and that a Man can be hanged just because he as nobody to speak for him!

How do you keep someone on Death Row since 2013, the judgement is not executed and yet we complain of Over-Crowding in our Prisons?
I am not against the Death sentence because l am convinced that some Offenses need to attract such punishment, so we can get rid of such people from our society but you must never sentence a man to death, unless he is clearly Guilty (Like Kidnappers, Killer Herdsmen, Armed Robbers, terrorists, etc).
Any Judge who sentence an Innocent Man to Death, will have to answer to God, for the innocent life he terminated as a result of Corruption
Even his Children will also die prematurely or at the height of their own success.
We need to sanitise our Judicial System and Judicial officers, they are just too corrupt to be saddled with "Matters of Freedom or Life and Death".

1 Like

Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Method147(m): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
benuejosh:
Praise God.
for the first time in your life I hear better talk come out of your mouth.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by olasquare: 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
I don't know about you, if I no worship the trinity God- father, Jesus, holy spirit, who I go worship. He orchestrate things mysteriously sometimes, which is why the bible says in everything we must give thanks. To everything there is a purpose the book of Ecclesiastes says. I believe the purpose for having the sherperd-in-charge in prison has been fulfilled. God will always break protocols, and don't expect him to confine to human methods or strategy. He uses the foolish things to confuse the wise. Brothers and sisters abeg give your life to Jesus Christ no matter what. Thanks
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Iamsofavoured(m): 7:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
Amazing Grace!
DamnnNiggarr:
Nigerian Pastor On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison

He spent 14 years and seven months in prison.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/10/25/nigerian-pastor-death-row-regains-freedom-after-14-years-prison
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by benuejosh: 7:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Method147:
for the first time in your life I hear better talk come out of your mouth.
I've never said anything bad na. I only say the truth but you know na, the truth is always bitter. Maybe that is why.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by aspabay(m): 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Gadafii:

To get a sentence, he must have spent years in prison already. That's a possibility
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by aspabay(m): 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
Thank God for his servant.

All things work together for good.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Hassanmaye(m): 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
Pastorpreneur scammers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by autonomous22: 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
So touching,

Tears almost run down my cheek while reading this.

Plz hold that tears... they don't cry here
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by LordErrk: 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2021
Geestarry:

You're in Nigeria and you're asking that question
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2021
Gamezi:
Wetin carry him go there!! Inconclusive !!!
Very anyhow story..

Even the number of years of his imprisonment keeps jumping all over the place.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by advanceDNA: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
Geestarry:

Welcome to Nigeria...

Is like you just arrived...

Maybe u don't know a clueless person is the president of this country...

We release terrorist after raping, and kidnapping our citizens....

I could go on ...but at this point u should not be surprised why this man was sentenced without a file
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Christistruth00: 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
GreaterFuture:

Link to the Articles

It is in his book and I have attached three pages to my earlier post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Franking: 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2021
Geestarry:

U doubt am?
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Ayemileto(m): 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2021
Gadafii:

Probably took years before judgement was delivered.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Franking: 8:01pm On Oct 25, 2021
EKONGKING:

No case file nothing ,but still sentenced to death . Its a new low for nigeria ,However on closer observation grin grin grin

The ex-convict, who was condemned to death for a crime he claimed, he didn’t commit, gave gratitude to God for using the Shepherd-in-Charge of Genesis Global, Prophet Israel Ogundipe to bring him out of prison.

Ogundipe said their paths crossed in 2020, when he was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment for fraud. shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin Hallleluyiah

For fraud.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Lekmanz87(m): 8:01pm On Oct 25, 2021
Geestarry:

Just pray never you encounter tribulation beyond your imagination…nkan nbe labe orun
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by LOVEGINO(m): 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ayomide811:
Rev King comes to mind
where d nigga even dey self?
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by ivolt: 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2021
Lies.
Nobody gets sentenced to death without a case file!
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by ivolt: 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2021
Geestarry:

He is lying.
It is more likely that he was awaiting trial for murder, then someone decided to sort the
officer in charge.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by Danjikanbauchi: 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
So touching,

Tears almost run down my cheek while reading this.
have you been to prison before ?
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by ivolt: 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
rajiedreez:

Very possible in Nigeria
Not possible.
There will be no judge without case file and without judge no sentence.
If he was sentenced to death as claimed, he would never be released except
through appeal or government pardon.
Re: Pastor David On Death Row Regains Freedom After 14 Years In Prison by DamnnNiggarr: 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
have you been to prison before ?
Yeah, I do visit.

But not all the time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Unveils Identities Of Officers Who Brutalised Protesters / Zamfara: Calabash Filled With Human Blood Found At A Suspected Cultist's House / Stray Bullet Hits Man Sleeping At Home. He Survives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.