Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,121 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? (1493 Views)

Can A Prostitute change and Become A Good Wife? help please / Celebrating A Good Wife / "Good Wife Is One Who Build House & Use Husband As C Of O" - Man. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by zedegit: 4:58am On Oct 26, 2021
I have had the misfortune of seeing ladies (sister in law) that cook terrible meals.
Some don't know how to make eba as they pour water into the dry garri and dish out the nonsense with garri seen that hot water didn't touch littered on it. This makes the eba hard. To cook soup is a problem; in fact I am looking for how to sanitize my stomach.

How then can a brother meet a lady that cooks well before saying I do since Christianity frowns at cohabitation. Should I change location in search of a good wife?
Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 26, 2021
First of all, how old are these wife's that pour hot water into garri?
I'm guessing they are small girls.

Anyways a good cook doesn't necessarily make a good wife. So I think what you're looking for is a good wife with good cooking skills as a plus.

Talking about cohabitation as the only way of knowing if your lady knows how to cook is a farce. She can come and cook and go!
As Christians it's allowed to cook for the man you're courting but don't go there alone. You can go when he's not around, cook, dish his food and leave there before he comes back.

If I'm courting today, I must cook for him No crime in that. They'll even encourage you in church.

Any girl that can't cook from the age of 8, hmm...
Parents should try training the girl child to start cooking from an early age to master the art before shakara enter because once sisi start, girls won't want to keep head down again o. Especially now that all they want to do is press phone and do Snapchat all day.

Thanks God, by age 8 I could go to the market with a list. Get soup items, come back and still cook for the whole house though with a little supervision here and there until I became a pro at ten.

Just try any one you meet by inviting her to come cook for you. Otherwise, you go marry the one wen go use sugar cook soup for you. Lol..

You too should learn how to cook.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by MRDEE01: 5:46am On Oct 26, 2021
Marry a wife,then hire a chef since you too don't know how to make eba.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Bola146(f): 5:59am On Oct 26, 2021
Jesu grin cheesy you can't cook too, iru ahun ni o ma n ri ahun he lipsrsealed lipsrsealed you need to work seriously on yourself too before looking for a cool as wife undecided

6 Likes

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by garriAndsugar: 6:00am On Oct 26, 2021
So na only food be your problem..

Then you don't have any problem at all just have money..

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by cooooooks(m): 6:01am On Oct 26, 2021
It's not by cooking. The primary reason for marriage is not eba of. Haba.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by zedegit: 6:51am On Oct 26, 2021
cooooooks:
It's not by cooking. The primary reason for marriage is not eba of. Haba.

I know. Nevertheless good food is important to me.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:52am On Oct 26, 2021
garriAndsugar:
So na only food be your problem..

Then you don't have any problem at all just have money..
lipsrsealed why you dey reason like this now my Guy? undecided. Abi you no know say any woman wey don fit conquer and colonized her man thirst and hunger don successfully solve half of her marital Problems undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by icecool12(m): 7:30am On Oct 26, 2021
Keep looking at what Christianity frowns at u hear! Until u end up with a wife who can do nothing. Lifetime of depression and regret is worse.
Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by MufasaLion: 7:55am On Oct 26, 2021
I can't even make noodles. No lies.
Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by MufasaLion: 7:57am On Oct 26, 2021
Bola146:
Jesu grin cheesy you can't cook too, iru ahun ni o ma n ri ahun he lipsrsealed lipsrsealed you need to work seriously on yourself too before looking for a cool as wife undecided

It's not a must he knows how to cook. He can get a good wife without him knowing how to cook!
Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:19am On Oct 26, 2021
It is not only girls that parents should teach cooking, boys should also know how to cook. We live in a world where men and women work for money, unlike the olden days when women stayed home all day. I can remember while growing up i used to wash my dad's cars severally, my brother can cook. it is not proper to lay emphasis on parents teaching only the girl child how to cook.
Mercychen:
[b]Parents should try training the girl child to start cooking from an early age to master the art before shakara enter [/b]because once sisi start, girls won't want to keep head down again o. Especially now that all they want to do is press phone and do Snapchat all day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by kodix(m): 8:30am On Oct 26, 2021
Hmm a bad husband looking for a good wife, not even ashamed you don't cook.

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Nonexisting1: 8:37am On Oct 26, 2021
Do a time travel back to the 70s and 80s. If you can't do that, be ready to put leash on a street dog and deal with the consequences.
Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:16am On Oct 26, 2021
You no dey tire??

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww

I can understand, sha. Lamentations of an advanced bachelor.

If you had been chaste in your youthful years, you wouldn't be here sharing your frustrations through writing.

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:20am On Oct 26, 2021
Mercychen:
First of all, how old are these wife's that pour hot water into garri?
I'm guessing they are small girls.

Anyways a good cook doesn't necessarily make a good wife. So I think what you're looking for is a good wife with good cooking skills as a plus.

Talking about cohabitation as the only way of knowing if your lady knows how to cook is a farce. She can come and cook and go!
As Christians it's allowed to cook for the man you're courting but don't go there alone. You can go when he's not around, cook, dish his food and leave there before he comes back.

If I'm courting today, I must cook for him No crime in that. They'll even encourage you in church.

Parents should try training the girl child to start cooking from an early age to master the art before shakara enter because once sisi start, girls won't want to keep head down again o. Especially now that all they want to do is press phone and do Snapchat all day.

Thanks God, by age 8 I could go to the market with a list. Get soup items, come back and still cook for the whole house though with a little supervision here and there until I became a pro at ten.

Just try any one you meet by inviting her to come cook for you. Otherwise, you go marry the one wen go use sugar cook soup for you. Lol..

You too should learn how to cook.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

O pooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

lipsrsealed (me to my brain: Please, cooperate with me and let's keep shut together, yeah?

highly sophisticated and regenerated brain: Deal, My Love)

1 Like

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Bola146(f): 9:48am On Oct 26, 2021
MufasaLion:

It's not a must he knows how to cook. He can get a good wife without him knowing how to cook!

Your choice.

4 Likes

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by RightToReject(m): 9:59am On Oct 26, 2021
Your problem is bigger than meeting a good wife, citing your submission. Self-deceit is your main problem; unfortunately, it's the biggest of all problems. The truth is that any sane woman, or man, can master the art of cooking food of any kind so good within one month - it will simply take willpower and dedication to make it possible.

More so, there is no shortage of women and men for healthy marriage; there is, however, a shortage of people who lack the discernment and grace to choose and transmute the available to desirable or change from the available to the desirable; no thanks to conceit, sanctimony, self-absorption, and greed.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by MufasaLion: 9:59am On Oct 26, 2021
Bola146:

Your choice.

Yes, my choice and you shouldn't make it sound compulsory for anybody.
Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by mariahAngel(f): 10:11am On Oct 26, 2021
zedegit:
I have had the misfortune of seeing ladies (sister in law) that cook terrible meals.
Some don't know how to make eba as they pour water into the dry garri and dish out the nonsense with garri seen that hot water didn't touch littered on it. This makes the eba hard. To cook soup is a problem; in fact I am looking for how to sanitize my stomach.

How then can a brother meet a lady that cooks well before saying I do since Christianity frowns at cohabitation. Should I change location in search of a good wife?

Your personality will determine the kind of woman you attract/meet.
Don't expect from others what you cannot/are not willing to give.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Bola146(f): 10:18am On Oct 26, 2021
MufasaLion:

Yes, my choice and you shouldn't make it sound compulsory for anybody.

Exactly if you could read well or borrow glasses to read well next time
Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 26, 2021
Magnoliaa:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

O pooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

lipsrsealed (me to my brain: Please, cooperate with me and let's keep shut together, yeah?

highly sophisticated and regenerated brain: Deal, My Love)

I see you have no life other than following me about.

Come, let me give you test scripts to mark. At least let that brain of yours be put to good use for once.

To think I used to think you're mature. Now I know better.

I chose to ignore you from now on.
Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Smartb0y: 10:22am On Oct 26, 2021
Mercychen:

Come, let me give you test scripts to mark. At least let that brain of yours be put to good use for once.

she congratulated someone for insulting another person's family.
so yeah,thats the height of her maturity.
Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:26am On Oct 26, 2021
Mercychen:

Seriously?? Me? Maturity? Where? LMAOO. Who ever asked you to think this? Please oh. Thank goodness you're realising how wrong you were now.

I might have no other life, but the one I am living now is not meant to be fitted into others' ideas of me. smiley

5 Likes

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:42am On Oct 26, 2021
WrongToDeflect:
Your problem is bigger than meeting a good wife, citing your submission. Self-deceit is your main problem; unfortunately, it's the biggest of all problems. The truth is that any sane woman, or man, can master the art of cooking food of any kind so good within one month - it will simply take willpower and dedication to make it possible.

More so, there is no shortage of women and men for healthy marriage; there is, however, a shortage of people who lack the discernment and grace to choose and transmute the available to desirable or change from the available to the desirable; no thanks to conceit, sanctimony, self-absorption, and greed.

grin grin grin grin grin I don't know why this guy's comments crack me up nowadays. Lmaoooo.
Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 26, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
It is not only girls that parents should teach cooking, boys should also know how to cook. We live in a world where men and women work for money, unlike the olden days when women stayed home all day. I can remember while growing up i used to wash my dad's cars severally, my brother can cook. it is not proper to lay emphasis on parents teaching only the girl child how to cook.

Did you not see the part I said he too should learn how to cook? Or you only extracted this part just to counter my comment.

By the way what's wrong in emphasizing training the girl child to cook? Thats my opinion and I'm entitled to it just like you are entitled to yours. Don't come here telling me what is wrong or not wrong with my thoughts.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Richy4(m): 10:55am On Oct 26, 2021

Just get married to a chef.. Go to any cooking school near you...
Anyone u meet there must definitely know how to boil water without burning it.. 1/2 of your problem solved smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by socialmediaman: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2021
Knowing how to cook is just the beginning because I can cook as well, but it’s a basic skill she should have because it’s very important to me and I think to most men. Knowing how to cook is not even the problem these days because recipes are all over YouTube, it’s willing to cook and doing it with care that’s becoming a problem. The bar has lowered so much

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by AfroKnight: 11:46am On Oct 26, 2021
Whatever you do, don’t lower your standards to fit the inadequacies of Nigerian woke women.

It is a strange thing if a young African woman cannot cook simple native dishes. Unacceptable.

Nobody is asking for a chef or slave. She should be able to prepare a decent meal when she has the time, finish.

Single Women who desire marriage should not deceive themselves. If you are not undeniably beautiful and sexy, then you most likely will not find a suitor willing to overlook your inability to cook. There are things you can get away with using beauty privilege. God help you if you’re not that fine or your character is not worth it.

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2021
I can pick on any comment and say something on it, if you like you take offense, who cares? I politely shared my thoughts. Your heart, your anger, deal with it!
Mercychen:

Did you not see the part I said he too should learn how to cook? Or you only extracted this part just to counter my comment.

By the way what's wrong in emphasizing training the girl child to cook? Thats my opinion and I'm entitled to it just like you are entitled to yours. Don't come here telling me what is wrong or not wrong with my thoughts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Bluewitch(f): 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2021
zedegit:

Why don't you teach them undecided

Since you don't like their style...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Meet A Good Wife...? by Prayfortheworld: 3:27pm On Oct 26, 2021
Leave Ashawo them no Sabi anything

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abandoning Your Child For The Father, Is It The Best? / In The Labour Room With Pregnant Wife/Girlfriend / Protect Your Little Boys as u do to girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.