Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,757 members, 7,851,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:48 PM

Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. (18178 Views)

Government Work Is Not Worth It After All / Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala / Help! My Boss Is Taking Credit For My Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mikmash(m): 2:46pm On Oct 27, 2021
petitejolie:
Are you searching for other jobs? Start getting ready to quit
Most Def. I'm searching, beaming my headlights here and there.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by dingbang(m): 2:49pm On Oct 27, 2021
BadNews:
Start Blogging Business And Thank Me Later
swears.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by SeriouslySense(m): 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2021
You are not a failure unless you believe you are.

First, discard that notion that you are going to fail because your anticipation has already made you fail.

secondly, even if you don't meet their target and they said you failed, you have to be introspective and understand what's inside you, what are your goals, what is your strength, what else are you good at, what is your passion. What drives you, without any external validation.

Do you have a dream and how have you been engaging in your dream, I believe most of us are unique, but because we want to follow others, we discard our strength and choose to follow.

You just have to know yourself, it's very important. smiley smiley smiley

Alright for my babbling, have good day cool cool
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by jericco1(m): 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2021
Sorry about that.. if I were you I'd have quit a long time ago.. I hate mental stress
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Focusmind: 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2021
I feel your pain bro. I was in the same shoe, though the pay was reasonable and opportunity to learn and grow were there. The pressure of investment banking and the unending stress of commuting was putting so much strain on my mental health. Having saved enough, got my own place, I resigned to set up my own outfit. It has been five years now.

The money is not flowing as I would have loved, nevertheless, the peace of mind and fulfillment is priceless. I missed my yearly bonuses, housing and medical allowances and profit share. My consulting outfit has not matched up to my former salary. But I am still holding on.

However, if you don't have any alternative and have not saved enough, please, don't resign. It is not funny out there. When you stay home for months without anything, you will know how far. When I set up myself for consultancy, I stayed for seven months without any income - no fee as there was no client. It was my former employer that gave me the first chance and that was the only fee I made in that year.

Nevertheless, don't give up and guard your heart jealously because out of it comes the issues of life.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by MoIbrahim: 2:57pm On Oct 27, 2021
If it is your work and not you, just and leave ASAP. Nothing is worth your mental health.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by olawaley12(m): 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:
The say in the council of multitude is wisdom.

I'm keeping it brief, I might pick your advice which can make or Mar me. I work with an establishment. Honestly these days the work ethic is making me depressed.
Come with me,
I pay for my marketing transportation, data and for calls. With a salary only shy above the minimum wage.
Regardless, pressure is mounting up that I'm not giving results. Let's be frank here, marketing operations differs diversely in this country. What works in kaduna, might not work in Lagos.
My peace of mind, is paramount. If you ask me whether I enjoy the working environment I did say no. But that's all a man got for now. Bearing up with the minimum.

These days I can't sleep. I feel like resigning but I'm scared of been tagged a failure. Your
we are in same shoes but whatever is depressing you on the job can be your movitation too. Just do it for the experience for another better job opportunity. Marketing job for Naija no set
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by SeriouslySense(m): 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
Mental stress in relation to working, is real, even when one does something he/she is passionate about, it could also happen due to complexities and long hours of working, there comes a time when one needs to step back and just have a good quality break from it.

jericco1:
Sorry about that.. if I were you I'd have quit a long time ago.. I hate mental stress

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mikmash(m): 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
SeriouslySense:
You are not a failure unless you believe you are.

First, discard that notion that you are going to fail because your anticipation has already made you fail.

secondly, even if you don't meet their target and they said you failed, you have to be introspective and understand what's inside you, what are your goals, what is your strength, what else are you good at, what is your passion. What drives you, without any external validation.

Do you have a dream and how have you been engaging in your dream, I believe most of us are unique, but because we want to follow others, we discard our strength and choose to follow.

You just have to know yourself, it's very important. smiley smiley smiley

Alright for my babbling, have good day cool cool

Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Acekoncepts27(m): 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
I remember when I was working in a certain hotel in calabar,the man was milkingball the juice out of me until I decided to quit and start up my own lol biz which is helping me now.your peace of mind is Paramount bro
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Ayobiggie59: 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2021
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mocipe: 3:14pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:

I'm keeping it brief, I might pick your advice which can make or Mar me. I work with an establishment. Honestly these days the work ethic is making me depressed.
Come with me,
I pay for my marketing transportation, data and for calls. With a salary only shy above the minimum wage.
Regardless, pressure is mounting up that I'm not giving results. Let's be frank here, marketing operations differs diversely in this country. What works in kaduna, might not work in Lagos.
My peace of mind, is paramount. If you ask me whether I enjoy the working environment I did say no. But that's all a man got for now. Bearing up with the minimum.

These days I can't sleep. I feel like resigning but I'm scared of been tagged a failure. Your advice is needed Nairalanders. Help push to the front page

If you are not married, don't quit now. Learn online skills, buy crypto, and write books. Thank me later.
This will always give you hope.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mikmash(m): 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2021
mocipe:

If you are not married, don't quit now. Learn online skills, buy crypto, and write books. Thank me later.
This will always give you hope.

Can you help sir?
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Konjiboi: 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2021
Try real estate.

Market houses and land and get paid 5% or 10% of the value of the property.

Become a millionaire in 6 months or even 1 month if you're hard working and lucky enough to get a serious buyer.

How to get buyers?

Run Facebook adverts.

I wish you wealth and abundance.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Konjiboi: 3:32pm On Oct 27, 2021
Try real estate.

Market houses and land and get paid 5% or 10% of the value of the property.

Become a millionaire in 6 months or even 1 month if you're hard working and lucky enough to get a serious buyer.

Then resign after making cool cash.

How to get buyers?

Run Facebook adverts.

I wish you wealth and abundance.

God bless you.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mocipe: 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:

Can you help sir?

What area
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:

Come with me,

These days I can't sleep. I feel like resigning but I'm scared of been tagged a failure. Your advice is needed Nairalanders. Help push to the front page

What kind of useless epistle is this...? Isn't this your field? Why are you not bringing result? And why haven't you been sacked yet?

It is your job to give your company a budget of things needed, and the expected returns.

Calculate how much it takes to do your job, and prepare a monthly budget, then table to the appropriate person in charge.

You can't be paid monthly, no matter how shy the salary and yet, you aren't bringing any return to the company.

Go back to the drawing board and stop whining. If not, get ready to be shown the door if you continue not to bring result.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mikmash(m): 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2021
mocipe:

What area
Online skills, writing books most especially
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mikmash(m): 3:52pm On Oct 27, 2021
HenryDion:

What kind of useless epistle is this...? Isn't this your field? Why are you not bringing result? And why haven't you been sacked yet?

It is your job to give your company a budget of things needed, and the expected returns.

Calculate how much it takes to do your job, and prepare a monthly budget, then table to the appropriate person in charge.

You can't be paid monthly, no matter how shy the salary and yet, you aren't bringing any return to the company.

Go back to the drawing board and stop whining. If not, get ready to be shown the door if you continue not to bring result.

Still yet thank you.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by obailala(m): 3:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:

Come with me,

The organisation you work for is failing you, how does that make you a failure?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mocipe: 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:

Online skills, writing books most especially
Drop your number
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by jericco1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 27, 2021
SeriouslySense:
Mental stress in relation to working, is real, even when one does something he/she is passionate about, it could also happen due to complexities and long hours of working, there comes a time when one needs to step back and just have a good quality break from it.

That's very much true.. I put my mental health above anything because na person wey dey alive dey work..

I try as much as possible to give my self a well deserved rest everyday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Powerexpert: 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2021
Attack the work with positive energy.

Though your mental health is paramount. Being in a marketing team gives you opportunity, leverage on it.
Review your client base vis a vis your target.
Go back to the drawing table and see which sectors you have overlooked that might be key to achieving your goals.
Understand your market very well.
Sometimes you have to make little sacrifices here and there to achieve your target.
Don't see it like you are doing the company a favour, see it as projecting yourself to strive in difficult terrain.
Be open to change and don't get comfortable on the job.

All in all, if you fail, don't give up. Keep trying, keep hope alive.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mikmash(m): 4:30pm On Oct 27, 2021
[quote author=mocipe post=107113411]
Drop your number [/quote
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Rhozabeth(m): 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2021
yomi007k:
Let me lay out certain facts or opinions;

1. Most people dont like their jobs-we just do it becos we have no choice.

2. Employers/ Co-workers will always talk. Even if you are doing better and get promoted, you still have a chance of getting bitter energy.

3. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. This is better than complaining or feeling bad. You have gained experience, apply for other jobs.

4. Plan your life and try to do what works for you. That means you need to please yourself and serve your organization as well.

5. Remember you are your number 1 cheer leader. Only you can choose to stay positive or negative even in a negative enviroment.

I don't think i need to say more than this advice! No 1 & 3 are golden!

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by ThickSharon123(f): 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:

Come with me,

Imagine your success.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by noisy45(m): 5:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
Wetin you go talk about we that have not been paid for 9 months working in a government teaching hospital. Our mental health self don die.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by jclassiq(m): 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Only you know exactly how precarious your situation is, so only you can make an adequate decision.
But my honest opinion is that a job that pays you a little above #30k should not also stress you or bog you down to the point of depression.
You are an adult man, make up your mind before more damage will be done.
Good luck
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Ritaflinz: 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2021
BIGDADDY000:
That's makes TWO of us, am also fed up too, and at the point of loosing my mind

The worst here is that the remuneration is poor, and i got no one to share it with

AM TOTALLY FED UP WITH THIS JOB, AS AM TRUSTING GOD FOR BETTER OFFER.

Same here .. Everyday is a puzzle for me.
I am tired but I keep hearing, endure, don't resign.

My mental health is really affected and to thinl that I just joined this company Six months ago.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Kyf1: 6:24pm On Oct 27, 2021
How
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by seguno2: 6:25pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:

Most Def. I'm searching, beaming my gear lights here and there.

Do you beam headlights or gear lights? Do gear lights even exist?

Is that a pointer to why you are a failure in your work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? / Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? / Customs Faults Officer Demanding N5,000 Bribe From Passenger, Begins Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.