Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty (45901 Views)

Jennifer Lopez Marries Ben Affleck, Her 4th Husband, Changes Last Name [pix] / Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty / Japanese Princess Forfeits Royalty To Marry A Commoner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by Gospelpreacher1: 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2021
ROYAL ROMANCE : JAPAN'S Princess Mako has ditched her royal status and married her university sweetheart Kei Komuro.

The 30-year-old tied the knot with her "commoner" husband on Tuesday morning after the pair announced their engagement back in 2017

Under Japanese law, female imperial family members are forced to give up their royal title if they wed a "commoner" - although males do not have to.

Princess Mako decided to go ahead with the wedding despite this and controversy that followed her engagement.

The princess, Emperor Naruhito's niece, had her marriage registered without traditional rites and turned down a large payment of around 140 million yen (£900,000) offered to royal females upon their departure from the family.

She is the first women in Japan's post-war history to do so.

Mako has now taken the surname of her husband and become Mako Komuro - the first time she has had a family name.

In Japan's imperial family, only male members are given household names, while female members only have titles.

It's understood the couple plan to move to the US following their wedding, where Mr Komuro works as a lawyer.

He moved to New York in 2018 to attend law school, returning to Japan last month sporting a ponytail - which sparked widespread criticism.

On Tuesday morning - 10am local time - Mako left the palace wearing a pale blue dress and holding a bouquet.

She bowed outside the residence of her parents, Crown Prince Akishino and Crown Princess Kiko, and her sister Kako, and then the sisters hugged each other.

The low-key ceremony, however, sparked protests against their marriage as the princess called it a "necessary choice".

"I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused and I am grateful for those... who have continued to support me," she said, reports NHK.

"For me, Kei is irreplaceable - marriage was a necessary choice for us."

The pair were due to marry in 2018, but it was postponed following claims Mr Kumuro's mother had taken a loan from her ex-partner and not paid him back.

Mr Komuro met the princess when she sat behind him at a campus meeting almost 10 years ago at Tokyo's International Christian University, where they graduated.

'SINCERE & STRONG-MINDED'

Announcing her engagement in 2017, Mako said; "First I was attracted by his bright smiles like the sun.

"He is a sincere, strong-minded, hard worker, and he has a big heart.

"Having a family still goes beyond my imagination, but I hope to make one that is warm, comfortable and filled with smiles."

Excessive media coverage of the couple in the years since caused the princess to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, the Imperial Household Agency previously said.

The Imperial House Law allows only male succession and requires women to renounce their royal status when they marry a commoner, a practice that has reduced the number of royal family members and the successors to the throne.

After Naruhito, there are only Akishino and his son, Prince Hisahito, in the line of succession.

A panel of government-appointed experts are discussing a stable succession of the Japanese monarchy, but conservatives still reject female succession or allowing female members to head the imperial family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX-3crq0Yl4

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16535319/japans-princess-mako-marries-kei-komuro/amp/

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by Davash222(m): 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2021
. Under Japanese law, female imperial family members are forced to give up their royal title if they wed a "commoner" - although males do not have to.

I love this Japanese law. tongue

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by Righteousness2(m): 3:18pm On Oct 26, 2021
What a Rare Display of Love..

She Gave it all to Marry the Love of her Life.
She Left all the royal Privileges , rights and ease to say " Yes I do" to the Love of her Life.

What are you willing to let go for the Sake of JESUS Christ the one who Loves you and Paid the Price for your Salvation?

Are you willing to let go of the World and all it's Entanglements For JESUS Christ?

Are you willing to Stand in the Face adversity, trials, temptations, hunger, Pains for JESUS Christ?

The Attitude and response of the Princess should be our attitude and response to JESUS if we wanna make Eternal life.

Be Ready to give all For it takes for JESUS Christ even it comes to your life. What Heaven has for us is Greater than anything we can have here on Earth.

327 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by mariahAngel(f): 3:36pm On Oct 26, 2021
What a brave decision to make!
Her husband will probably live the rest of his life trying to make the sacrifice worth it.

256 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by slawormiir: 7:52pm On Oct 26, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Hmmmm.....this story is making me emotionaaaal

We must accept love whichever way it finds us...

If na Naija na.....we go say she abandon royalty because of gbola
Then some people go come shout....haaaa...nor be small thing gbola dey do o

212 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by Brainlight: 7:52pm On Oct 26, 2021
SLAWORMIIR .... BOMB JAPANESE CLIENT NA ... MAKE EVERYTHING BURST UNDER 2 SECONDS .... ABI CHINESE Q.Q AND CHINESE YEN NO DEY TAYA YOU? ... HOW I WISH DOES FEMINIST FOR NAIJA FOR FIT FOLLOW THE PATH.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by Hope555: 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
Naija girls left the group chat grin

266 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by kennykruzmason: 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
Effects of love. She's more concerned about her happiness than that of the Royal family.

One brainless person will say I love him but my family won't allow me to marry him. If you truly love the person you got to make hard choice.

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by rottenPussy: 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
Righteousness2:
She Gave it all to Marry the Love of her Life.
She Left all the royal Privileges , rights and ease to say " Yes I do" to the Love of her Life.

What are you willing to let go for the Sake of JESUS Christ the one who Loves and Paid the Price for your Salvation?

Are you willing to let go of the World and all it's Entanglements For JESUS Christ?

Are you willing to Stand in the Face adversity, trials, temptations, hunger, Pains for JESUS Christ?

The Attitude and response of the Princess should be our attitude and response to JESUS if we wanna make Eternal life.

Be Ready to give all For it takes for JESUS Christ even it comes to your life. What Heaven has for us is Greater than anything we can have here on Earth.

Your assertions hit better on bad news.

Don't instantiate the couple with Christian belief cos they are most likely not Christians

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by Nukilia: 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
Waiting for Nigerian girls to do the same grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by Benitoh: 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
Love is blind in action

3 Likes

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by wunmi590(m): 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2021

It can only happen in a saner country, not here in nigeria...

Our northern fathers from royal family have already married out their 1 month old daughter to another aboki before she would be spotted..

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by wayne4loan: 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2021
TRUE-LOVE

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by Nephilim: 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2021
Glorious!

She sacrifice it all for love.
Can you do the same?

5 Likes

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by wisestman(m): 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2021
The guy almost married a princess grin

14 Likes

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by chrismastre5(m): 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2021
Brainlight:
c an a Nigerian lady do this

1 Like

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by kalu61(m): 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
"The courage it takes to love is the same courage it takes to go to war" from Money heist

Congratulations to her

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by raindroup(m): 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
And what if the guy divorce her shocked

1 Like

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by Sleekfingers: 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
If dem born the man well , make he do anyhow.......the woman will kill him, without thinking twice.....

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by Ekeseges(f): 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
Love is sweet

1 Like

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by Nyanabo(m): 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
She no see me come marry undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by nkemoma(m): 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
No Nigerian slay queen will try this shit

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by revived: 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
D is so sweet Aje

1 Like

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by vallycan: 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
this is truely beautiful and romantic to beheld

7 Likes

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by benqo01(m): 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
[quote author=Nukilia post=107088933]Waiting for Nigerian girls to do the same grin grin grin[/quote

Lol
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by olatade(m): 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2021
You call someone a “commoner” because of what? Your money, fame?. Those things don’t make you super-humans but love does instead. Happy that this princess has chosen love over those titles. Congratulations to them. Only love can break all the impediments humans have created in this life

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by DonroxyII: 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2021
mariahAngel:
What a brave decision to make!
Her husband will probably live the rest of his life trying to make the sacrifice worth it.
I doubt that. They are in the US Anything can Happen and the lady won't still feel entitled!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2021
I don't even know why I booked this space.
I have nothing reasonable to contribute to this topic.

Accept my apologies.

10 Likes

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by Premiumwriter: 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2021
Nukilia:
Waiting for Nigerian girls to do the same grin grin grin
Even our local gorment chairman's daughter no go gree wan marry 'common man'

24 Likes

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by DOTian: 7:57pm On Oct 26, 2021
Touching..

2 Likes

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty by MsCassano(f): 7:57pm On Oct 26, 2021
Wow. Love nwatintin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING!!..Trump Pulls Out Of Nuclear Deal With Iran / Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term / King Of England To Be Known As King Charles III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.