Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,309 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" (3239 Views)

Buhari As Ebenezer Obey Was Singing In Ogun (Photo) / Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright / Nigerian Abroad Who Disgraced Compatriots (1): The Story Of Olu As A Case Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by prophet(m): 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2006
NIGERIA CALLS! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!"

Brethren,

I am Prophet Folayan Osekita MBA. I am your brother. Are you my brother, sister? This is where we must begin. Let us look at our National Anthem and Pledge. The words are very profitable for all as a focal point for us to base and build our National Identity. We are in a period of destiny in Nigeria and the world generally. I am speaking primarily to all Nigerians, our friends and well wishers all over the world. Short of repeating the words of  our able and blessed President, Olusegun Obasanjo, I will focus only on my little part in what should be a very wholesomely National endeavour.

Many of us do not even know the National Anthem; those of us who do are oblivious of the importance of the words. Regardless, when we do know the aforementioned, we do not put the National Interest first in National issues. We are a very religious people in Nigeria as far as having and practicing a faith is concerned. However, although many reckon that religion and politics should not mix, Nation Building cannot be devoid of religion. Hence, we need to play politics (the world acclaimed modus operandi of nation building) in a way that puts the best interests of Nigeria first in all National Issues. This is not to say that God should come second, no. God must be first. Where I am going is not far fetched.

"Nigeria Calls" ,  when fire is about to engulf a house, all hands must be on deck. No mother will hear her baby crying and not run to his or her aid. What happens when the father cries? Will the son or daughter run to his aid? Well then, our fatherland is in turmoil. Many of us fold our arms and condemn all condemnables, when we can and do have the choice to lend a hand in one way or other. Everyone must do something.

Apart from just praying for Nigerian all the time, this is my contribution folks. God is working on Nigeria. Nigeria is getting better. Nigeria is groaning as a woman in labour. Will you be a part of the birthing of a New Nigeria? A Nigeria more Blessed than ever before? This is your chance to ask not what Nigeria can do for you; rather, what can you do for Nigeria.

We need to change our orientation individually and collectively. We have a tendency to be very selfish, negative and unpatriotic in our approach to national interests. Yet, we all have the choice to wake up to our civil duties and responsibilities. Everyone can play a part. We are scattered all over the world and those of us away from Nigeria lament non-stop about our bad governments and debase our nation. Yet, we all (perhaps a vast majority) want to go back home someday (dead or alive). We can continue to contribute to the negative image of Nigeria or choose to become good ambassadors in all we think, speak or do as Nigerians. I pray and urge that we all embrace the later. There are bad eggs in every family and nation. Often the good people keep quiet and allow the minority of bad eggs to have a field day, thereby the majority of others are misrepresented.

Nigeria Calls is a God-Inspired program birthed on naija101.1FM in London. The Good Lord put in my heart the matter of Nigeria as I am Sent not only as a Prophet to the Nations but to my fatherland, Nigeria. The Good Lord has asked me to take a lead role in the rebuilding of Nigeria’s broken and battered walls. He has then led me by His Grace to take specific steps of which the “Nigeria Calls” idea is one.

Naija101.1FM is a very popular radio station here in London, England, meeting a dire need for our people to “touch base” with home away from home through a diversity of programs. People have an opportunity to discuss politics amongst other topics on quite a few programs, including some for building faith and receiving help, encouragement and inspiration. As we all know, living in another country other than one’s own is fraught with severe problems and only God’s Grace can keep one alive and together.

We have heard too much bad news about Nigeria from the world over, including from Nigeria and from Nigerians; to a point where the fear of returning home has gripped many of us abroad. I know that very urgent intervention is required to redress this situation. It is noteworthy that the Federal Government of Nigeria under the leadership of President Obasanjo is tackling several issues, including this negativity. The policy is excellent in my view and I must congratulate the President for the success of the Image Building Policy pursued rigorously. “Nigeria Calls” effectively complements this effort and we do our best to ensure that no stones are left unturned in support of Project Nigeria as marketed by the Federal Government. Anyone can phone in to make their contributions. A lot of learning takes place and callers can range from the President to Pastors, Imams, farmers and housewives. All honest work must be respected.

Male, female, young, old, at home, abroad, friends, Nigeria needs you!
On the Program, “Nigeria Calls”, we hold a weekly Vigil for Nigeria, praying for the nation and leaders, especially for the President and his Team. We research into and monitor very closely, the work done by the Federal Government in fulfillment of promises made to Nigerians. I daresay that my research, corroborated by so many others, including world leaders and many others from the International Community has not been given as wide publicity as the negativity (a lot of such unsubstantiated) spread about the nation of Nigeria and the citizens of Nigeria all over the world. Nevertheless, the “Nigeria Calls” program has proved extra-special and popular. Listeners all over the world (including via the internet – you can also reach us on www.naijafm.com) are able to call in “live” on the largely interactive program. Contributors are encouraged to be positive always.

The program is not about bad news at all; rather, facts based good news from, about and of Nigeria and Nigerians all over the world. Any concerns raised are presented with a positive and hopeful outlook, backed up with prayer. It had hitherto been the custom of our people to curse the President and leadership and the nation too. I do not believe that God Wills for this negative approach, regardless of circumstances. However, God’s Judgment is sure on all who willingly helped to ruin Nigeria. All who repent and change truthfully and positively shall be forgiven of course. All who help the rebuilding process shall indeed be blessed. On “Nigeria Calls” we celebrate God’s Grace and Kindness to Nigeria to date and share good news in terms of positive developments taking place all over Nigerians. This serves as a great source of encouragement for our people all over the world, especially here in the UK. Like they say … a trial will convince and fascinate you. To be told is never the same as first hand experience.

I urge everybody with Nigeria in their hearts and psyche to tune in and experience this delightful and masterful approach to nation building. You can join in live every Tuesday, from about 8pm (GMT, London); and every Friday, from about 12 midnight (GMT, London) - both "Night Vigils" - when Prophet Folayan Osekita MBA hosts "Nigeria Calls" - the programme that enjoins all to share goodness, prayers, positivity and all that individuals, organisations, groups, Government, International Community etc. are doing towards the success of "Project Nigeria". I enjoin you all to spread this word and I know we shall witness tremendous change in Nigeria. The fire has started to burn out all dross and the precious metal is beginning to come alive. Nigeria Shall be Saved. You can help, so can I. Let's do it! Together!!

Likewise, feel free to join Prophet Folayan Osekita MBA every Sunday on Naija101.1FM from around 12 noon for "Windows Of Heaven" - a prayer and revival outreach - helping those in need to change their lives in accordance with Jesus Christ's desire. This is also a “live” outreach with opportunity for phone-in for prayer, counsel, thanksgiving, testimonies, etc.

“Agbajo owo l’a fi nso’ya” (we beat our chests with all fingers together in unity). United we stand; divided, we fall. Prepare for change, then you will be ready for change. Be prepared in and out of season; then you will not be taken unawares. A great deal of negativity can be avoided and or better managed. Change is not as bad as we often think. However, we must be willing to change. Our attitudes are often the greatest barrier to change. This is what makes us unwilling to change ourselves and to embrace change positively. We shall overcome. I bid you all peace in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Up up Nigeria! To keep Nigeria One ,  is a task that must be done!!

May God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. May God Bless our leader, President Olusegun Obasanjo and the entire Government. May God Bless Naija101.1FM. May God Bless www.naijafm.com. May God Bless you as you make it a priority to work positively as a good ambassador of Nigeria and spread the word accordingly to all and sundry. We need this message spread the world over. Send this message to all Nigerians that you know; no matter how high or low as long as they can receive this message in any form. May God Bless you to help by being faithfu, loyal and honest as a Nigerian. Be a good ambassador.

Prophet Folayan Osekita MBA
• Prophet/Evangelist, Windows Of Heaven Revival Outreach
• Learning/Change Management Consultant;
Advocate; Speaker; Mediator – LifeConsult
For Bookings/Invitations etc. Contact: +44 7961 342 919 ; +7708 2059 (24 hrs)
Bold20@aol.com; FolayanOsekita@Hotmail.com; www.windows-of-heaven.net
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by segun06: 2:16am On Feb 14, 2006
I totally agree with the first few paragraphs of your article, but i do not believe in religion. I think religion is just another form of "segregation". Nigeria is too devised to have religions, especially now, when we need everyone to come together as one and fight for what is right.
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by Okadaman: 3:19am On Feb 25, 2006
I agree with you.

Please why do you emphasize the fact that you have an MBA.

Wetin concern prophecy and MBA?
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by prophet(m): 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2006
Segun and Okada , respectively , I am who I am. I am not ashamed. Have I committed a crime or offended you with my post sharing my identity with you as a Prophet and duly having my MBA behind my name? What has that got to do with the post? This is one of the reasons you and others like you cause unnecessary friction. I thought the site owners wanted us to be free from such? Anyway, I welcome your comments on the substance of the article not personal insults and or abuse (this is especially for Okada). If you find the tag Prophet, MBA etc. personally offensive, that is your personal business. Please let us not bring that into sensible business in the name of Nigeria. What others may find a thing of testimony, pride and joy, you should never knock, especially if you also want measures of such evidence in your lives. This is my opinion. Thanks, with due respects. Prophet.
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by Mariory(m): 10:19pm On Apr 10, 2006
Prophet, you should also remeber that this is a public forum and anything you post is open to be critised or praised. However, I share your sentiments on the fact that we should come together to make Nigeria work properly.
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by segun06: 2:33am On Apr 11, 2006
prophet:

Segun and Okada , respectively , I am who I am. I am not ashamed. Have I committed a crime or offended you with my post sharing my identity with you as a Prophet and duly having my MBA behind my name? What has that got to do with the post? This is one of the reasons you and others like you cause unnecessary friction. I thought the site owners wanted us to be free from such? Anyway, I welcome your comments on the substance of the article not personal insults and or abuse (this is especially for Okada). If you find the tag Prophet, MBA etc. personally offensive, that is your personal business. Please let us not bring that into sensible business in the name of Nigeria. What others may find a thing of testimony, pride and joy, you should never knock, especially if you also want measures of such evidence in your lives. This is my opinion. Thanks, with due respects. Prophet.
I don't see why my name is in your reply, most of the contents are directed towards Okada.
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by jibitoye(m): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2006
Dear Pastor,

I like your Nigerianess and obviously your patriotic effort at addressing the problems of the nation as you have so desired, but you know what, we Nigerians are terribly known for dwelling on the things that do not matter in the eventualities of time (and a particular reference to your perpetual romanticism with your MBA and title, I wonder if that is a highlight of your sojourn on mother earth) and when we do intend to get a hang of things, we go about it exactly in a way to destroy the good intentions.
Nigeria has a lot of problems, which definitely need people with a patriotic zeal like yours to contribute in uplifting her from the dire straits our erstwhile leaders have driven her to.
However, treating the Nigerian issue as if it were just a religious matter is not the way to go, in my belief. Religion when it is best used is to develop character in individuals but a particular emphasis on it especially in social issues breeds division.
We can argue about this forever, it is glaringly appalling considering the Nigerian penchant for religion, yet the laxity of morality, honesty, sense of community and love in our nation. What then is our religion if not to promote these?

You have also stated that Nigerians cry everyday about the parlous state of things, my brother, they are crying for help. The situation can be very real. I remember the last time I was back home about two years ago, I was robbed at gun-point (maybe I won't be here today) right in my parent’s living room in broad daylight and it all brought the whole picture to a realistic clarity. Society is failing, and the more we can keep our leadership on their toes to do something, the better. We can not all smile when people are daily losing life and limbs because things are just not right.

Sir, a little advice, please for people with some level of the real worth of your efforts to take you more seriously you can start by not attaching so much to your educational or spiritual accomplishments and write as a concerned Nigerian that you are.

Typical Nigerian with a love for titles,  Prophet, evangelist, MBA, MSC, PHD

Dr, Alhaji, Pastor, Oluwo, haba…
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by prophet(m): 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2006
Segun,

I addressed both truly. Just take which applies to you (in)directly with respect to your specific comments. That I emphasised something or the other is your opinion. My counsel is to focus on what the article it about and leave out potential insults, attacks etc. on the person of the author. Again, an opinion from me. You do not have to take it. You may not have the same passion as I do for my faith in all aspects of life (mine included), I do. I cannot apologise if that is offensive to you. That is your personal issue, I pray to God that you learn to deal with it. Amen. Like I said, I am who I am. God's Will be done.

----------------------------

Mariory,

I thank you and I do know too. I just made the point for emphasis. You are clearly a very sensible person based on your succintness in responding and the wisdom of the response. Thanks again.

Jibitoye,

There you have it. Your rudely making judgments regarding my sojourn on earth is one of the reasons we have all failed Nigeria. You did not have to respond to my article or even read it. Anyone who has a problem with that has a choice. I did not dwell on anything. I just wrote an article and stated my identity. My advice: in future state yours. I had no ulterior motives and you don't have to believe that. Communication is about effectiveness. How that happens to be communicated differs from person to person. To each his own. So, your advice is for you to keep. Thanks anyway. Feel free to follow up with increased insults and or abuse. I am very used to that. But remember, your turn will surely come too. Welcome to the real life. What goes round comes around. If your dear relatives did what I did will you respond to them likewise? Or do you just use the cover of darkness to snipe at others. Remember, with the same measure that you use for others, it shall be measured unto you.

I reserve the righ to ignore future personal snipes/attacks. I had thought this website is against such so we can have decent interraction.

With my very best wishes and prayes for Nigeria to be well and to prosper,
Peace to all who want for peace. Amen.
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by OldGlory1(m): 5:11pm On Apr 11, 2006
@Prophet

I think you need to humble your tone a little more, you are sounding more like a pulpit Bully, instead of a Pastor/Man of God. Be Careful!
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by prophet(m): 2:17am On Apr 12, 2006
old glory , I pray that the Almighty God will reward you according to your treatment of me. Likewise the likes of you. If I deserve this, then so be it. If not. May God increase your reward accordingly. I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by segun06: 4:43am On Apr 15, 2006
Pastor i think you are taking this a bit too far. Personally when i saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about Nigeria.

Feel free to follow up with increased insults and or abuse. I am very used to that.

Looks like people have been insulting you for a very long time and now you've become a very defensive person. This thread isn't about you (or your degree), its about Nigeria. If this thread continues in the path its going, the primary reason for this thread will be lost. Lets stick to the primary purpose of this thread.
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by segun06: 4:52am On Apr 15, 2006
THis are the things I feel we should be talking about, instead of the Pastor's Degree(s).

Are you my brother, sister? This is where we must begin. Let us look at our National Anthem and Pledge. The words are very profitable for all as a focal point for us to base and build our National Identity. We are in a period of destiny in Nigeria and the world generally. I am speaking primarily to all Nigerians, our friends and well wishers all over the world. Short of repeating the words of our able and blessed President, Olusegun Obasanjo, I will focus only on my little part in what should be a very wholesomely National endeavour.
Many of us do not even know the National Anthem; those of us who do are oblivious of the importance of the words. Regardless, when we do know the aforementioned, we do not put the National Interest first in National issues. We are a very religious people in Nigeria as far as having and practicing a faith is concerned. However, although many reckon that religion and politics should not mix, Nation Building cannot be devoid of religion. Hence, we need to play politics (the world acclaimed modus operandi of nation building) in a way that puts the best interests of Nigeria first in all National Issues.
"Nigeria Calls" , when fire is about to engulf a house, all hands must be on deck. No mother will hear her baby crying and not run to his or her aid. What happens when the father cries? Will the son or daughter run to his aid? Well then, our fatherland is in turmoil. Many of us fold our arms and condemn all condemnables, when we can and do have the choice to lend a hand in one way or other. Everyone must do something.
We need to change our orientation individually and collectively. We have a tendency to be very selfish, negative and unpatriotic in our approach to national interests. Yet, we all have the choice to wake up to our civil duties and responsibilities. Everyone can play a part. We are scattered all over the world and those of us away from Nigeria lament non-stop about our bad governments and debase our nation. Yet, we all (perhaps a vast majority) want to go back home someday (dead or alive). We can continue to contribute to the negative image of Nigeria or choose to become good ambassadors in all we think, speak or do as Nigerians. I pray and urge that we all embrace the later. There are bad eggs in every family and nation. Often the good people keep quiet and allow the minority of bad eggs to have a field day, thereby the majority of others are misrepresented.
We have heard too much bad news about Nigeria from the world over, including from Nigeria and from Nigerians; to a point where the fear of returning home has gripped many of us abroad. I know that very urgent intervention is required to redress this situation. It is noteworthy that the Federal Government of Nigeria under the leadership of President Obasanjo is tackling several issues, including this negativity. The policy is excellent in my view and I must congratulate the President for the success of the Image Building Policy pursued rigorously.
Male, female, young, old, at home, abroad, friends, Nigeria needs you!
“Agbajo owo l’a fi nso’ya” (we beat our chests with all fingers together in unity). United we stand; divided, we fall. Prepare for change, then you will be ready for change. Be prepared in and out of season; then you will not be taken unawares. A great deal of negativity can be avoided and or better managed. Change is not as bad as we often think. However, we must be willing to change. Our attitudes are often the greatest barrier to change. This is what makes us unwilling to change ourselves and to embrace change positively. We shall overcome.
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by prophet(m): 5:50pm On Apr 21, 2006
Segun,

You said:

"Looks like people have been insulting you for a very long time and now you've become a very defensive person. This thread isn't about you (or your degree), its about Nigeria. If this thread continues in the path its going, the primary reason for this thread will be lost. Lets stick to the primary purpose of this thread."[b][/b]

At least you arey trying to practice what you are preaching. That is commendable.

You do not know me and defensiveness is not my style. You portray unwarranted rudeness there. However, again am very used to it. I reserve the right to offer some commentary as it relates to such. I do my best to ignore such though.

You should address your following (after the first) three sentences to those so inclined not to me. Good thing you at least began to look at the issues initially and then went onto irrelevancies. Thank God you are back on track. I now pray that you keep it that way.

Welcome.
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by segun06: 4:08am On Apr 22, 2006
Pastor, you need to state the primary purpose of this thread. Are you trying to tell people to come together and help improve Nigeria, or are you trying to tell people that religion is the way to save Nigeria.

Personally, i do not think thread is about you or me, i think its about us Nigerians coming together to save Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by segun06: 4:12am On Apr 22, 2006
Or maybe you are advertising for this Naija101.1fm and there show Nigeria calls.
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by nickybayo(f): 6:02pm On Jun 08, 2009
let the fight begin
*whistle*

poh poh
pooooooh
wink grin
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by ezeagu(m): 6:11pm On Jun 08, 2009
I stopped at "prophet".
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by nickybayo(f): 6:32pm On Jun 08, 2009
ezeagu:

I stopped at "prophet".

do u mean u stopped reading or wht?
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by Kobojunkie: 3:51am On Jun 09, 2009
@Poster, you succeeded in scaring me away with that piece.  I am not anti-religion, as I happen to be a religious person. I don’t curse those in office as I believe they are there because Nigerians want them to be and allow them. I definitely speak what I see and know, even if the next man will consider it negative; as long as it is the truth, I will speak it.
Now, I do have questions for you, but I will ask them one at a time. I do hope you respond.

1) Is this some REBRANDING NIGERIA scheme Show?

We have heard too much bad news about Nigeria from the world over, including from Nigeria and from Nigerians; to a point where the fear of returning home has gripped many of us abroad. I know that very urgent intervention is required to redress this situation. It is noteworthy that the Federal Government of Nigeria under the leadership of President Obasanjo is tackling several issues, including this negativity. The policy is excellent in my view and I must congratulate the President for the success of the Image Building Policy pursued rigorously. “Nigeria Calls” effectively complements this effort and we do our best to ensure that no stones are left unturned in support of Project Nigeria as marketed by the Federal Government. Anyone can phone in to make their contributions. A lot of learning takes place and callers can range from the President to Pastors, Imams, farmers and housewives. All honest work must be respected.

Where you paid by the government for this or something?
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by ifele(m): 2:20am On Jun 12, 2009
O puro ni e. PDP ni o shishe fun. Nigeria ti baja lati oyun. Iwo naa mo be. Church o gbodo maa preach nationalism.

Iya je wa gan ni ile. Ede kigbe one naijiria. E she ran awon eyan ti o suffer lowo. She one naijiria ni a ma je.
Re: Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" by hackney(m): 9:46am On Jun 12, 2009
"Embezzlers' call obey!!""    cheesy cheesy wink cool

Na wa ooooo smiley smiley smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? / Steady Electricity Supply In Nigeria Reduces Operational Cost Of Firms, Families / What GEJ Said About His Die-hard Critics Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.