Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! (1941 Views)

Nigerians Keep Vigil At Fuel Station (Photos) / Nigerians Keep Counting... The Dye Is Cast / 20 Reasons Why Nigerians Keep Rejecting Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by Dsense(m): 6:51pm On Jun 03, 2011
I know the majority of Nigerian Women keep Money inside their Bra or between their Crotches lipsrsealed

What of Men? grin

80% Nigerians unbanked
On June 3, 2011 · In News 
BY dotun ibiwoye
LAGOS — An estimated 80 percent of Nigerians has been identified as un-banked.
Managing Director of Funds and Electronic Transfer Solution Nigeria Limited, FETS, Mr. Oluwadare Owolabi, disclosed this in a chat with newsmen.

FETS also said that the strategic large gap in the banking industry gives room for people to carry a lot of cash around.
Based on this demogra-phic divide, FETS, he said intends  to leverage on the mobile telephony penetration to increase the rate of financial inclusion in Nigeria.

He said that  increasing the un-banked Nigerian population dependence on electronic means of conducting financial transactions, mobile payment drive of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, will further assist the Nigerian economy in transiting to a cashless economy.

Owolabi stressed the need for Nigeria to transform into a cashless society in line with the global cashless revolution.
He said, “it is important for us to go into a cashless society. I have lived in the United States for 17 years and the maximum amount I had in my wallet was about 200-300 dollars.”

“You can go anywhere and withdraw money. This will reduce the risk involved in carrying money around.”
The directive of the Central Bank of Nigeria for a maximum of N150,000 daily cash withdrawal is laudable.” He said.

Former Lagos State Governor Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, yesterday, said that House of Representatives leadership should not be along partisan or regional lines as the House deserve credible leadership.

Tinubu stressed the need to balance the democratic institution reinforces the need for the lower legislative chamber to look inwards by selecting among its members those who are credible and could deliver.

He explained that there wa need for the legislative arm to have credible leadership, which should not be dictated by the swing of speculations or permutation, even as he denied that at no time did he rout for the selection of Saidu Ismaila Sambawa, as speaker, a development he derided as mere “Pepper Soup Joint speculations.”

He added that ACN will accept wholeheartedly, whoever the House of Representatives members select as their leader, as much as such a choice, is theirs .”

Tinubu said on the speculations that he was allegedly supporting the selection of Sambawa : “ I am not a gambler now, how do you expect me to respond to such gambling speculation as those who play coupon do.I do not play coupon that I will now start to per mutate, whoever the House of Representatives select as the choice of their speaker and other leaders , is solely their choice. What Nigeria needs now, is stability and action, not this kind of speculation.
The House of Representatives has the right to choose whoever they want as their leader.
All we have to do is to ensure that democratic principles, are applied and the question of zoning is not necessarily applicable.

One, we must allow constitutional democracy to prevail, we must encourage standard of performance, experience of the members and the integrity of the individuals must come to play, to ensure stability of the polity and the promise of transformation, that Nigeria needs.
Any other speculation to me is rubbish. I do not respond to hypotheses that are made out of Pepper Soup Joint. “
On whether he is supporting former Benue Governor, George Akume for the position of Senate Minority leader, Tinubu said : “The issue of Akume is our party’s question, and that question can be directed at the national chairman of the ACN.

Akume is my very good friend, I know him, he has being a governor, he governed Benue for eight years, he is a senator, he has served the first term, and now going for the second term, he has good character, if he leads the senate as minority leader, we will not find him lacking.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/80-nigerians-unbanked/
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by MrsChima(f): 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2011
Between their crotch? No damn wonder my naira was funky. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by Dsense(m): 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2011
undecided undecided undecided :d
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by MrsChima(f): 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2011
I converted my dollars in naira when I landed and I swear the naira has a foul smell.
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by Dsense(m): 7:02pm On Jun 03, 2011
Some keep their money insde Pot embarassed

Unbelievable . . , Menhhh!!! grin grin grin
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by livedit(f): 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Between their crotch? No damn wonder my naira was funky. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin

Like they say Mrs. Chima, you don't know WHERE that money been at.  I cringe when I see people pull out their money and lick their finger to count it.
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by Dsense(m): 7:14pm On Jun 03, 2011
livedit:

grin

Like they say Mrs. Chima, you don't know WHERE that money been at. I cringe when I see people pull out their money and lick their finger to count it.

Vomitting embarassed . . .wow grin
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by MrsChima(f): 7:19pm On Jun 03, 2011
livedit:

grin

Like they say Mrs. Chima, you don't know WHERE that money been at.  I cringe when I see people pull out their money and lick their finger to count it.  

Yes sis! I carry hand sanitizers in my big purse so when I am touching things outside my home and I make sure Mr. Chima has some wipes for when He uses the bathroom in public because you never know what are you sitting on and where their arses been.

Eeew! I asked the teller to please replace my naira with some fresh ones. He just looked at me. I just stood there and like uhhhhhh.
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by MMM2(m): 7:22pm On Jun 03, 2011
i give my money 2 chicks 2 hold 4 me. angry
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by Dsense(m): 7:24pm On Jun 03, 2011
^^^Then you vulnerable to HIV grin grin grin grin

Chima,
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by annita19(f): 7:25pm On Jun 03, 2011
Between their crotch? WTF. They don't use wallet over there? 80% of Nigerians don't keep money in the bank? Hard to believe
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by Dsense(m): 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2011
^^^^Madam Annoty grin
Check the link out undecided
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by african1(f): 7:31pm On Jun 03, 2011
Lol My cousin in law says back in Nigeria, they used to put thier money on thier socks,
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by livedit(f): 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2011
D-sense:

Vomitting embarassed . . .wow grin

grin Yes D-sense! Several years ago, I use to be a cashier part-time, and I've seen money that look like somebody just got done wiping themselves with it.  At the end of my shift, I would immediately wash my hands. I wouldn't touch no part of my face. And I keep wipes in my car to clean my steering wheel and stuff too. But I'd look at people count, put the money in their mouth, I be like, yikes! I just think to myself, so many germs just brewing in their mouth.  

Mrs.Chima:

Yes sis! I carry hand sanitizers in my big purse so when I am touching things outside my home and I make sure Mr. Chima has some wipes for when He uses the bathroom in public because you never know what are you sitting on and where their arses been.

Eeew! I asked the teller to please replace my naira with some fresh ones. He just looked at me. I just stood there and like uhhhhhh.

grin  I know that's right. Nothing like fresh crisp money versus dingy dirty damp money. It all spends the same, of course. But new money is always good.
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by Dsense(m): 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2011
African or Asian grin

They still do . . I saw a man trying to pay a driver the fee and was inserting his hand inside his socks . . I firsstly thought he was trying to pull out Evolver grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by Dsense(m): 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2011
livedit:

grin Yes D-sense! Several years ago, I use to be a cashier part-time, and I've seen money that look like somebody just got done wiping themselves with it. At the end of my shift, I would immediately wash my hands. I wouldn't touch no part of my face. And I keep wipes in my car to clean my steering wheel and stuff too. But I'd look at people count, put the money in their mouth, I be like, yikes! I just think to myself, so many germs just brewing in their mouth.

grin I know that's right. Nothing like fresh crisp money versus. It all spends the same, of course. But new money is always good.

Lmao . . . That's the right thing to do ofcourse . . I do alike . . .I have even stopped shaking hands grin
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by livedit(f): 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2011
D-sense:

Lmao . . . That's the right thing to do ofcourse . . I do alike . . .I have even stopped shaking hands grin

grin ~ LMBO! I feel you though. I just make sure to disinfect my hands after I shake hands. And like Mrs, Chima, it's always a good idea to carry antibacterial sanitizers.
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by annita19(f): 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2011
I will appreciate if you would gather some senses and quit modifying my name. I am not an African nor Nigerian but the last I checked Nigeria is a country with population don't use the bank is lame.
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by ayomide202(f): 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2011
women in their bras, grandmas under their mattresses, i dont knw about the rest of them
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by annita19(f): 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2011
Lol what happened to the of my post. Typing with phone suck.
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by Dsense(m): 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2011
livedit:

grin ~ LMBO! I feel you though. I just make sure to disinfect my hands after I shake hands. And like Mrs, Chima, it's always a good idea to carry antibacterial sanitizers.

I used to carry Antibacteria sanitizer right from time till i noticed it doesn't effectively work with most Nigerians grin grin
I then i deviced a new option and is to stop shaking hands grin grin grin

annita19:

I will appreciate if you would gather some senses and quit modifying my name. I am not an African nor Nigerian but the last I checked Nigeria is a country with population don't use the bank is lame.
I just kidding around . .Sorry dear kiss
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by annita19(f): 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2011
We're cool bro
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by Dsense(m): 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2011
kiss kiss cool
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by tpia5: 8:47pm On Jun 03, 2011
se ori poster yi daru ni?

ki lon fa gbogbo osi to dan awon were yi lamu?

se e ni iya nle ni? Eranko lo bo yin?
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by kokoye(m): 8:50pm On Jun 03, 2011
^^^^

grin grin

unfortunately, ko le ye won rara
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by Dsense(m): 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2011
Tpia/ Taba sad
You this Hoodlum shrimp,lost goat . .  . . .is here to derail the thread abi?
Did your fada curse you again ni? . . Abi WTF with your generation sef?
Did i mention your misrable life here? Or am i the publisher?
If you don't stick  a Pawpaw into your wide hole and keep the hell shot . .  . I will deal with you !! angry
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by Dsense(m): 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2011
Koko,
WHAT'S THE PRB HERE NOW? undecided
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by kokoye(m): 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2011
^^^

did I say anything bad?

I just told tpia that the people she was talking to wouldnt understand her language . . anything wrong with that??
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by Dsense(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2011
cool cool cool
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by tpia5: 9:09pm On Jun 03, 2011
oloriburuku ni e sha!!!!!!

o ma se o- tie ti baje. undecided
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by Dsense(m): 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2011
Na you papa you dey talk to . . .
Iwo omo ofo . .Omo jati jati . .Omo to ye kon fi che ritual . . .paradigm of Publick toilet.
Re: Where Do Nigerians Keep Their Money! by kokoye(m): 9:19pm On Jun 03, 2011
you guys are cracking me up . . dont blame me for laughing

it is just too funny when cussing in yoruba.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today / Make The Six Geopolitical Sub-regions Nigeria's Federating Units?. / Jonathan Fighting Boko-Haram In A Kung-Fu Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.