Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Missing Passport, With Valid Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Missing Passport, With Valid Visa (3647 Views)

Nigerian Man With Valid US Visa Arrested At JFK Airport In New York / Getting Visa With Valid Visa ? / Stolen Passport With Valid Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing Passport, With Valid Visa by shakers(m): 7:44pm On Jun 03, 2011
pls house my cousin lost his passport to armed robbers, he has an expired uk visa and a valid south africa visa on it, he was meant to go to SA sometime in july before this happened, pls what i am asking now is if he is able to go through the process of getting another passport, is it possible to get that SA visa back without going through the stress of applying afresh because the visa is not even up to one month since they issued it and it will expire in august,
pls he needs advise on what to do,
thnks.
Re: Missing Passport, With Valid Visa by johnkent(m): 9:14pm On Jun 03, 2011
Your cousin should contact the SA embassy in Nigeria immediately so they can cancel the visa. When he does get a new passport, he can have the embassy re-affix the visa on his passport. I really dont know what the procedure is at d SA embassy in Nigeria but it shouldn't be too complicated.
Re: Missing Passport, With Valid Visa by shakers(m): 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2011
thanks johnkent, but how can he contact the embassy since he got the visa thru vfs,
Re: Missing Passport, With Valid Visa by anfanio: 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2011
shakers,
Report your pasport (with visa) lost and get a police report. Take the police report or a copy to the embassy, request a cancellation of visa, they have all your info. When you get a new passport you should be able to get a new visa based on the merit of your last application without any headache. Make sure you provide as much information as possible for the report i.e. passport number, date of birth, name as it appears on passport etc.
Re: Missing Passport, With Valid Visa by shawonlese: 7:15pm On Jun 04, 2011
Shakers you'll need an affidavit as well.

Getting a new visa is usually cumbersome if you cannot show evidence of your previous visa, its like applying afresh most times.

My advice to anyone reading this, always scan your visa pages and save them in your email.

If your passport is missing, you can always post a copy of the missing passport and visa pages at the airport plus give a copy to the embassies. No one will ever think of using it when they know the alarm on the missing item is hot.
Re: Missing Passport, With Valid Visa by shakers(m): 4:48am On Jun 05, 2011
thanks we have a scaned copy of the visa and the passport, its just the process getting the visa back that i am considering,

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigerian Living In Liberia Presently? / Clearance Certificate For Thailand Visa / Meet The Woman Who Hunt Iguanas And Make Them As Source Of Protein(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.