Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,098 members, 7,845,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja (30119 Views)

Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) / 15 Giant Snails From Nigeria Seized At US Airport (Video) / His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by adexyone(f): 6:35pm On Oct 29, 2021
I BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE ARE EXPERTS YET THEY CLEARED ME..

INFACT, MY PASSPORT WAS HANDED OVER TO ME THEN THEY ASKED ME

DO YOU WANT THE VISA?

IF YOU WANT IT APPEAL YOUR CASE.
I'm sure a lot of people did not understand your initial write up. It wasn't clear at all. . I thought your passport is still with NIS. I want to assume others think so. You can actually send a mail to US embassy explaining all that has transpired and the outcome of the situation. Though you won't be able to attach any document. Check their website you'll see where you can send a mail to. They do read it and they take note. Write your passport no and application date of when the incident happened. Then reapply for visa and go with all your evidence and any letter from immigration. Goodluck.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by sirrotex: 7:38pm On Oct 29, 2021
It is called an ECOWAS travel card not passport
feelgoodstuffs:

You’re very right. I have both my international passport and Ecowas passport. Two different docs. Pls don’t argue with this person. If they always travel within West African countries they will know what we are talking about.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 10:27pm On Oct 29, 2021
Reasonable advise..
Thanks..
adexyone:

DO YOU WANT THE VISA?

IF YOU WANT IT APPEAL YOUR CASE.[/b] .
I'm sure a lot of people did not understand your initial write up. It wasn't clear at all. . I thought your passport is still with NIS. I want to assume others think so. You can actually send a mail to US embassy explaining all that has transpired and the outcome of the situation. Though you won't be able to attach any document. Check their website you'll see where you can send a mail to. They do read it and they take note. Write your passport no and application date of when the incident happened. Then reapply for visa and go with all your evidence and any letter from immigration. Goodluck.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Milito: 10:06am On Oct 30, 2021
Johnmusa2013:
Thanks

My passport was issued me at NIS FESTAC, LAGOS.. Hence it can't be faked..

I didn't go to Ghana for any illegal assignment.. I am working and I have a striving business..

I went to Ghana for genuine reasons and I have proved myself cleared before NIS INTERROGATORS..

DO YOU WANT THE VISA?

IF YOU WANT IT APPEAL YOUR CASE..

THEY GUIDED ME IN WRITING THE APPEAL LETTER...

ON THAT GROUND I LEFT FOR LAGOS WHERE I BASE..

UNFORTUNATELY, THE HEAD OF THE INTERROGATORS DIED SHORTLY...

I HAVE WRITTEN REMINDER LETTER TWICE WITH THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT COPIES WITH ME..

TRAVELING ALL THE TIME FROM LAG-ABJ IS NOT EASY...

THIS IS 2YEARS + NOW AND NOTHING SEEMS TO HAPPEN...

I WONDER WHY PEOPLE CAN BELIEVE NIGERIANS ANYMORE INCLUDING NIGERIANS THEMSELVES..

THIS IS MY CASE OOOO..
BY THE SPECIAL GRACE OF GOD I WILL COME BACK HERE ONE DAY TO SHARE MY TESTIMONY..

GOD BLESSES..

I would advise you to do this.

Go to the Ghanian embassy or get an Ecowas travel document to travel to Ghana to appeal to them to cause their Ministry of Interior (or Immigration) to authenticate the Ghanian stamps on your passport.

If possible, try and get them to write to the US, Embassy and Nigeria Immigration Service authenticating the entry and exit stamps.
APPEAL to them to also keep you in copy of this letter.

With this letter, get a lawyer to write to the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) to release your passport or issue you with a fresh passport if the old passport is no longer available. Keep the US embassy in copy of this letter as well.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Milito: 10:18am On Oct 30, 2021
cosade:

You need international passport to travel to Ghana by road or any other ECOWAS country.

There is a document called Ecowas travel document, informally called Ecowas passport, that can be used to travel to Ecowas countries in the place of the main international passport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Milito: 10:31am On Oct 30, 2021
MarketDispatch:

International passport on left, ECOWAS passport in the middle

id911:
[s][/s]

U go school at all? ECOWAS Passport is the same Standard International Passort that everyone uses. Those 3 pictures you posted so you still didn't see anything to educate yourself?

First Picture is Standard Passport meant for everyone.

Second picture is Official Passport for top Government Officials

Last Picture is Diplomatic Passport

You are the one stating that ignorance is a disease to someone earlier, and here you are displaying your own ignorance with full chest.

Apart from our standard Nigerian passport (which is also called Ecowas passport), there is Ecowas travel document or certificate.

This document also looks like a passport and people informally refer to it as Ecowas passport.

With this Ecowas travel certificate, you can travel to all the Ecowas countries without your standard Nigerian passport.

Pictures are attached for the Ecowas Travel Certificate and our standard Nigerian Passport (which is also an Ecowas passport on its own).

So basically, our Standard Nigerian passport can serve international purposes and also for Ecowas.

While the Ecowas travel certificate is strictly for travel within Ecowas member states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Milito: 10:40am On Oct 30, 2021
Milito:

I would advise you to do this.

Go to the Ghanian embassy or get an Ecowas travel document to travel to Ghana to appeal to them to cause their Ministry of Interior (or Immigration) to authenticate the Ghanian stamps on your passport.

If possible, try and get them to write to the US, Embassy and Nigeria Immigration Service authenticating the entry and exit stamps.
APPEAL to them to also keep you in copy of this letter.

With this letter, get a lawyer to write to the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) to release your passport or issue you with a fresh passport if the old passport is no longer available. Keep the US embassy in copy of this 2nd letter as well.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by cosade(m): 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2021
Milito:

There is a document called Ecowas travel document, informally called Ecowas passport, that can be used to travel to Ecowas countries in the place of the main international passport.

It’s called the ECOWAS Travel Certificate, yes it can also be used for traveling within the ECOWAS but some overzealous immigration officials in some countries (Cape Verde came to my mind now) may not honour it and deny holder entry into their country.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Beblessedbaba: 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
francis00:
To y'all saying op lied,he didn't lie at all,once you travel to Ghana by road,well na Oyo you dey ooo if you go USA embassy in Abuja, mine was collected also, in which I was ask to go to immigration office in Abuja,but the truth of the matter is you can't get the passport again, simply go and apply for another one...all of you saying it's a lie or he is hiding the truth,I sent pictures I took in Ghana to the email provided,it yielded no result.....what I can say is that if you want to build travel experience,avoid Ghana or else if Dem see stamp like that on your booklet, na Oyo....I don't know about lagos embassy shaa,but Abuja is found of doing that.
Francis you won't even be able to get a new one. Don't let hungry immigration officials dupe you...

You are flagged at 3 levels

1. Blacklisted from the immigration database from getting a passport.
2. Put on No fly zone list from leaving Nigeria
3. You have been placed on a blacklist ban at the embassy and if you apply again without clearance for m immigration. You will be in a bigger soup..

I am speaking from experience after going through same ordeal and getting my passport after 2 years.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Beblessedbaba: 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
[quote author=Milito post=107186724][/quote] I did all this and It amounted to nothing.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by temple2grace: 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2021
I had similar experience. Were you given a letter from Diplomatic Security Service? If yes, take the letter to DOFIT at Nigerian Immigration Service HQ. They will guide you.
Johnmusa2013:
Hello Nairaland,

Pls can someone with experience advise?

My passport was seized in U.S Embassy Abuja and I was referred to NIN for further investigation..

Reason for the seizure was my journey to Ghana in 2018..

During the secondary interrogation at the Embassy I was asked evidence of my journey to Ghana unfortunately,I didn't carry them along..

I appeared at NIN Abuja with all my documents before board of senior investigators and interrogators..

After showing evidences of my trip to Ghana the head of the panel asked me to appeal my case that he will personally assist me..

Unfortunately he died on the process..

Since then I have been going to NIN ABUJA HEAD OFFICE,BUT MY EFFORTS HAS YIELDED NO RESULTS...

The above experience, as narrated, has caused me unimaginable trauma and costs....

Any helpful advice will be appreciated....

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
Wow!

You are the person that can really guide me.

In my case I was given yellow paper from HOME LAND SECURITY..

And I have been to DOFIT..
I was advised by the head of DOFIT TO APPEAL MY CASE..
HIS NAME IS NGINI AND HE WAS LATER POSTED TO HEAD ABIA STATA COMMAND BEFORE HIS SUDDEN DEMISE ..
SINCE THEN OTHERS ARE JUST TURNING ME UPS AND DOWN..

PLS HOW DO YOU GO WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE?
MY NO 08039819885..
PLS TEXT ME COS I HARDLY PICK STRANGE NOBAS .
I REALLY NEED YOUR ADVISE...
THE MOMENT YOU MISSIONED DOFIT I KNOW YOU you got knowledge..

Thank you as I expect your text..
God bless.e author=temple2grace post=107192585]I had similar experience. Were you given a letter from Diplomatic Security Service? If yes, take the letter to DOFIT at Nigerian Immigration Service HQ. They will guide you. [/quote]
cosade:

It’s called the ECOWAS Travel Certificate, yes it can also be used for traveling within the ECOWAS but some overzealous immigration officials in some countries (Cape Verde came to my mind now) may not honour it and deny holder entry into their country.
cosade:

How did you now clear your name in U.S EMBASSY AFTER YOUR PASSPORT WAS GIVEN YOU BACK?

IN RETRIEVING BACK YOUR PASSPORT, DID YOU USE LEGAL MEANS?
THANKS

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Milito: 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2021
cosade:

I'm not sure Cape Verde is a member of Ecowas. If they are not, then they are right to reject admittance with the travel certificate.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Milito: 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
Johnmusa2013:
Wow!

You are the person that can really guide me.

In my case I was given yellow paper from HOME LAND SECURITY..

And I have been to DOFIT..
I was advised by the head of DOFIT TO APPEAL MY CASE..
HIS NAME IS NGINI AND HE WAS LATER POSTED TO HEAD ABIA STATA COMMAND BEFORE HIS SUDDEN DEMISE ..
SINCE THEN OTHERS ARE JUST TURNING ME UPS AND DOWN..

PLS HOW DO YOU GO WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE?
MY NO 08039819885..
PLS TEXT ME COS I HARDLY PICK STRANGE NOBAS .
I REALLY NEED YOUR ADVISE...
THE MOMENT YOU MISSIONED DOFIT I KNOW YOU you got knowledge..

Thank you as I expect your text..
God bless.

If you are eventually sorted, please endeavour to post the process here for the benefit of another person in the future.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by iguita: 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
The US embassy assumes every trip by road to Ghana is fake. Due to Nigerians who send their passports to and fro Ghana just for stamps to show that they have traveled abroad, and corrupt immigration officials on that corridor. If you really did travel, threaten to sue them. It happened to a friend of mine in Abuja. He had to get a lawyer involved and then they released his passport. You may never smell US again though.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by GboyegaD(m): 7:24am On Oct 31, 2021
The reasoning I read from this thread and the confidence with which people label people they don't know makes me fear more about the average Nigerian. I wouldn't know if this is a result of oversabi or people been outright bitter.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by cosade(m): 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
Milito:

I'm not sure Cape Verde is a member of Ecowas. If they are not, then they are right to reject admittance with the travel certificate.

Cape Verde (Cabo Verde) is a member of ECOWAS.

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by agnes7(f): 2:31pm On Oct 31, 2021
GboyegaD:
The reasoning I read from this thread and the confidence with which people label people they don't know makes me fear more about the average Nigerian. I wouldn't know if this is a result of oversabi or people been outright bitter.

One old Nigerian man who lived abroad said the reason all other countries hate Nigerians is because we speak as if we know everything while every other person does not know anything.

Every Nigerian believes that knowledge belongs only to him/her while every other person is a fool.

We look down on everybody.We insult everybody.

The man said he stayed abroad for many years and he discovered that white people hate Nigerians so much because of our over Sabi and over insulting attitude.

I don't know about that because I have not been abroad to know how true this is.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by GboyegaD(m): 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
agnes7:

One old Nigerian man who lived abroad said the reason all other countries hate Nigerians is because we speak as if we know everything while every other person does not know anything.

Every Nigerian believes that knowledge belongs only to him/her while every other person is a fool.

We look down on everybody.We insult everybody.

The man said he stayed abroad for many years and he discovered that white people hate Nigerians so much because of our over Sabi and over insulting attitude.

I don't know about that because I have not been abroad to know how true this is.

Doesn't the same thing happen in Nigeria? I don't know if we are hated by the whites or anyone else however, we are to quick to form an opinion on things we have no idea on based on hearsay. Many times, we try to force our opinions as truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by agnes7(f): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
GboyegaD:

Doesn't the same thing happen in Nigeria? I don't know if we are hated by the whites or anyone else however, we are to quick to form an opinion on things we have no idea on based on hearsay. Many times, we try to force our opinions as truth.

Ok.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
[uote author=seborrhic post=107135428]
Bloody liar.
Wonder why many Nigerians just don't find anything wrong in lying.They always twist a story to suit their narrative.[/quote]

I meant NIS

Well, that is your opinion ...REF (BLOODY LIAR)

Assuming I am saying the truth what is your advise?..

And if you don't have any practical or relatively EXPERIENCE just read others so that you can as well lean..
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 6:30pm On Oct 31, 2021
iguita:
The US embassy assumes every trip by road to Ghana is fake. Due to Nigerians who send their passports to and fro Ghana just for stamps to show that they have traveled abroad, and corrupt immigration officials on that corridor. If you really did travel, threaten to sue them. It happened to a friend of mine in Abuja. He had to get a lawyer involved and then they released his passport. You may never smell US again though.

Thanks

But I will appreciate if you can make more emphasis about your friend whose Passport was seized and got a lawyer to help out..

My questions

1) Did he also sue U.S EMBASSY AND IF HE DID WHAT WAS THE OUTCOME..

2) DID HE GENUINELY TRAVEL TO GHANA?

THANKS
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by sirrotex: 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
You can't sue the US embassy or even any of its officials while they are on official duties
Johnmusa2013:

Thanks

But I will appreciate if you can make more emphasis about your friend whose Passport was seized and got a lawyer to help out..

My questions

THANKS
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by OgaTheTop2: 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
smiley
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by iguita: 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2021
We went on the trip together. So I know he went for the trip. When they told him the nonsense, he told them that he will send his lawyers. So they told him that since it was a passport tissue, they will hand his passport over to immigrations. He got his passport back from Immigrations and has travelled within Africa since then. But I doubt he will ever make it to the US.
Johnmusa2013:

Thanks

My questions

THANKS
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by OgaTheTop2: 6:49pm On Nov 01, 2021
justwise:

He is lying and you know that as well. US embassy seize passport when fraud is invoked.
Nigerians can tell lies. I travelled to Ghana by road just for fun. My P was stamped in and out at every border. Same P I used to visit USA, SA, France, Gamani, Portugi....no issues o.. cheesy
OP just say the truth and maybe we can point you to the right direction. As it stands, just forget coming to Yankee for years to come sad
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by OgaTheTop2: 6:53pm On Nov 01, 2021
porthouse7:
u are too dull... ECOWAS passport and international passport are same thing and u need passport to travel to any country even Benin Republic, only that visa is not required
Agreed cheesy
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by OgaTheTop2: 6:59pm On Nov 01, 2021
MarketDispatch:

You must be very very dull thinking Ecowas passport and international passport are the same thing. Ecowas passport only allows you access to west african states. That is where its usefulness stops.

Also, your ID card alone can take you to Ghana and back without using any passport whether international or Ecowas. You only pay a fee at the border.

Don't type without thinking. Experience is different from reading articles online and assuming rubbish.
Oh my goodness cheesy
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by OgaTheTop2: 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2021
smiley
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by iguita: 9:01pm On Nov 01, 2021
May not so. I have travelled with someone and he had the same issues. We went to Ghana together by road. I bought his tickets and he went with his wife and two kids. The embassy said the same thing to him, this same Abuja US Embassy.
OgaTheTop2:
Nigerians can tell lies. I travelled to Ghana by road just for fun. My P was stamped in and out at every border. Same P I used to visit USA, SA, France, Gamani, Portugi....no issues o.. cheesy
OP just say the truth and maybe we can point you to the right direction. As it stands, just forget coming to Yankee for years to come sad
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2021
iguita:
We went on the trip together. So I know he went for the trip. When they told him the nonsense, he told them that he will send his lawyers. So they told him that since it was a passport tissue, they will hand his passport over to immigrations. He got his passport back from Immigrations and has travelled within Africa since then. But I doubt he will ever make it to the US.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Corps Member Dies In Motor Accident On POP Day / Dana Air Slashes Fares To N7200 / Lady Narrates Experience Shopping For Peppers In United Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.