Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,267 members, 7,839,345 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? (18473 Views)

Hardship: 5 Cheap Soups You Can Cook With N1000 In Nigeria / See How I prepared my stew as a single guy. / Cook With 1500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Damilare65(m): 9:50am On Oct 30, 2021
flokii:
With 4k, you can prepare vegetable soup with sliced ponmo, buy cups of rice, beans and garri.. what is left should do for a full small-sized watermelon. that can lst 2 days.. It's actually cheaper and safer to cook yourself than eat out these days, you don't know the kind of environment or water they prepare the foods sold outside.
It saddens me the way things are going, inflation and suffering everywhere.

bro if you think about it, it's almost the same now oo. one cup of rice is now 150, the person will eat at least 10 cups a week, you never mention beans oo, and spaghetti, 1 spag is 350 now will you eat 3 spaghetti a week? sliced ponmo? I shit you not , your mouth will start rejecting it if you eat only sliced ponmo stew for like 4 days straight, beans is 170 lol , you did not mention gas, pure water, how can someone last on vegetables Stew alone for a week, all your poop go come out green after 3 days grin 4k in 7 days? even prisiners feeding budget has been increased to 1k daily, , you did not even mention other miscellaneous, like buying of soap, you might trek to the market though so I would have added transportation,

price of Everything has increased, I don't even cook a lot and I am still feeling it, See he no fit better fir buhari oo, funny enough they are not making any move
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Mom007(f): 9:53am On Oct 30, 2021
Invest in 2 cartons of indomie as soon as you get paid. That's 5k with 80 PCs of noodles. That guarantees you at least a meal a day. Maybe breakfast. Then you can use the rest to buy garri for eba and be cooking either vegetables or okra soup(with panla fish) and eating for dinner, with concoction jollof on weekends as per tgiw things. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Damilare65(m): 9:53am On Oct 30, 2021
Rollins777:

Nice arrangement.

he forgot to mention gas, and other miscellaneous
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Damilare65(m): 9:56am On Oct 30, 2021
Mom007:
Invest in 2 cartons of indomie as soon as you get paid. That's 5k with 80 PCs of noodles. That guarantees you at least a meal a day. Maybe breakfast. Then you can use the rest to buy garrit and be cooking either vegetables or okra soup(with panla fish) and eating for dinner, with concoction jollof on weekends as per tgiw things. Good luck.

he still no reach , how is he gonna function on a meal pet day, 80 pcs of indomie for one person? lol grin that's 12 indomie per day, and you said he will be only cooking once , so 12 indomie per day, and garri, and rice once a week? and only gets to cook once ?

1 Like

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by flokii: 9:56am On Oct 30, 2021
Damilare65:

bro if you think about it, it's almost the same now oo. one cup of rice is now 150, the person will eat at least 10 cups a week, you never mention beans oo, and spaghetti, 1 spag is 350 now will you eat 3 spaghetti a week? sliced ponmo? I shit you not , your mouth will start rejecting it if you eat only sliced ponmo stew for like 4 days straight, beans is 170 lol , you did not mention gas, pure water, how can someone last on vegetables Stew alone for a week, all your poop go come out green after 3 days grin 4k in 7 days? even prisiners feeding budget has been increased to 1k daily, , you did not even mention other miscellaneous, like buying of soap, you might trek to the market though so I would have added transportation,

price of Everything has increased, I don't even cook a lot and I am still feeling it, See he no fit better fir buhari oo, funny enough they are not making any move

You made valid points.. if a prisoner feeds with 1k daily, that's 7k for a week, yet a non-prisoner has to manage 4k for feeding for a week.
Things have really gone bad in this country.

2 Likes

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by flokii: 10:02am On Oct 30, 2021
Mom007:
Invest in 2 cartons of indomie as soon as you get paid. That's 5k with 80 PCs of noodles. That guarantees you at least a meal a day. Maybe breakfast. Then you can use the rest to buy garri for eba and be cooking either vegetables or okra soup(with panla fish) and eating for dinner, with concoction jollof on weekends as per tgiw things. Good luck.

Indomie is not a good food anyone should encourage.. millets or pap (ogi) are better alternatives for breakfast.

2 Likes

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Mom007(f): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2021
Damilare65:

he still no reach , how is he gonna function on a meal pet day, 80 pcs of indomie for one person? lol grin that's 12 indomie per day, and you said he will be only cooking once , so 12 indomie per day, and garri, and rice once a week? and only gets to cook once ?
What are you talking about? Where in my writeup did I say he will be cooking once? I inferred, for the sake of people like you who don't seem to have sound deductive powers, that with 2 cartons of indomie at home, he will at least be guaranteed of a meal a day. He can cook 2pc of indomie for either breakfast or dinner. Preferably breakfast so he has something in the stomach when leaving home as its not medically adviced to skip breakfast. Then when he gets home in the evening, eat EBA and soup. Make cheap and seasonal soups like okra or ewedu alasepo (students soup) or efo riro as soups like egusi and edikikang are clearly not covered by such slender budget. Try to buy things like garri (paint rubber, not cups) and indomie as soon as you get paid so that at all at all, you will always have something at home to eat. Cheers and God bless all the hustling folks. I pray it gets better.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Mom007(f): 10:13am On Oct 30, 2021
flokii:

Indomie is not a good food anyone should encourage.. millets or pap (ogi) are better alternatives for breakfast.
Indomie is great when prepared right. Try to always add a spoon of veggie or red oil and slice in a form of vegetable into it every time, maybe tomatoes or leaves. That makes it a balanced diet. Millet or pap ke? Is that one food for an adult Abi appetizer? By the time you urinate twice, the food has left the system.

3 Likes

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Damilare65(m): 10:21am On Oct 30, 2021
Mom007:

What are you talking about? Where in my writeup did I say he will be cooking once? I inferred, for the sake of people like you who don't seem to have sound deductive powers, that with 2 cartons of indomie at home, he will at least be guaranteed of a meal a day. He can cook 2pc of indomie for either breakfast or dinner. Preferably breakfast so he has something in the stomach when leaving home as its not medically adviced to skip breakfast. Then when he gets home in the evening, eat EBA and soup. Make cheap and seasonal soups like okra or ewedu alasepo (students soup) or efo riro as soups like egusi and edikikang are clearly not covered by such slender budget. Try to buy things like garri (paint rubber, not cups) and indomie as soon as you get paid so that at all at all, you will always have something at home to eat. Cheers and God bless all the hustling folks. I pray it gets better.

See this is why I don't comment here, someone that can't look at you in real life will just type thrash at you . how can you imply that I don't have sound deductive powers because I disagree with you I did not even insult you, its my fault sha , I should not have quoted you I think say you get sense ni, na soak away full your brain,

so in your right senses, you think someone can survive on only eba and indomie for 7 days ? even prisiners feeding budget is 1k per day and they eat crap, lol . imagine cook 2 indomie and eat in the morning before going to work, unless your job is sitting down and looking, you will be feeling hungry by noon , still come back and eat eba without meat? the indomie too without egg? what about cooking gas? even charcoal is not cheap,

we are talking about weekly you are saying as soon as get paid

1 Like

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by seyz91(m): 10:22am On Oct 30, 2021
cheesy
mbahdi:
Okro soup.trust me you go still get change
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Damilare65(m): 10:23am On Oct 30, 2021
Mom007:

Indomie is great when prepared right. Try to always add a spoon of veggie or red oil and slice in a form of vegetable into it every time, maybe tomatoes or leaves. That makes it a balanced diet. Millet or pap ke? Is that one food for an adult Abi appetizer? By the time you urinate twice, the food has left the system.

this woman is stupid lol how is indomie and vegetables a balance diet? no egg no protein, indomie
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by seanjy4konji: 10:24am On Oct 30, 2021
I just thought about it oo..

I spend up to 100k or more on food monthly oo....
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Assumptabeke(f): 10:25am On Oct 30, 2021
luizpippo:

The ogbono no get meat?
No be everytime person go dey chop meat. The fish and pomo don reach.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by debbydams(f): 10:28am On Oct 30, 2021
Harrykn:
With the way prices of foodstuffs are increasing everyday in our country I doubt 4,000 naira can cook quality food. N800 food in restaurant can barely carry people like a day * 1wk.
Considering people who earn 15-30k monthly and family, country hard.
as a single lady, lemme break that 4k
I will buy charcoal #300
1/2congo of rice #800 + 400
Semo 1kg # 650
Pepper #50
Tomatoes #200 + 100 extra
Onions #100
Okro #100
Locus beans #50
I will blend the tomatoes with #50
Spagetti # 350
1 congo of garri #
1 tuber of yam #500
4 egss. #240
Half congo beans #500
Monday ....rice and stew (morning)
Rice nd stwe (afternoon)
Semo nd okro(night)
Tuesday I repeat wat I ate on Monday
Wednesday Beans
Thursday. Spagetti
Friday rice nd the remaining
beans
Saturday. Yam nd egg (morning)
Gari ( afternoon)
Bread nd egg ( night)
Sunday. Jollof rice (afternoon and
night

1 Like

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Assumptabeke(f): 10:28am On Oct 30, 2021
Knows:
na only soup e go eat? Food Gangan nko?
Baba I said if he has basic food stuff like rice, beans and garri, the 4k will be enough. If he nor get those things, the 4k nor go reach anywhere.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by daintyprincess(f): 10:29am On Oct 30, 2021
domejike:

You'll be licking only the soup abi and stew abi? No garri nor semo, no rice nor beans. Well-done o
Read before you reply

Check the first paragraph, your answer lies there

1 Like

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Assumptabeke(f): 10:30am On Oct 30, 2021
Bayyajidda:

And lick the soup and stew, ba?
You should learn to read and understand a post properly before commenting.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by seyz91(m): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2021
cheesy
MRDEE01:
You get 4000 to cook food?

EFCC come and see o
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Assumptabeke(f): 10:32am On Oct 30, 2021
donephi:
Biko this budget is for which state cos this can hardly work in the city of excellence
Except you live in high brow places like the island, this budget would work perfectly in the center of excellence.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Assumptabeke(f): 10:34am On Oct 30, 2021
domejike:

You'll be licking only the soup abi and stew abi? No garri nor semo, no rice nor beans. Well-done o
Did you even read what I posted properly?
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by daintyprincess(f): 10:34am On Oct 30, 2021
Hayastark:
Garri half. 1/4 of paint- 300
Rice 1 derica- 500
1 spaghetti-. 300
Tomato-. 350, pepper 50 onion -50, dry pepper 50 =500
Okoro- 150
Ugu leaf 50 or
Water leaf 100/ ugu 100( those are the two cheapest soup)
Palm oil - 200( small bottle)
G.oil-. 200 ( small bottle)
Crayfish- 100
Seasoning- 50, salt-. 50
Kpanla fish- 400
Meat 1000,or half kilo chicken 1000
All this sum up to 3800. It will give you variety use your garri to eat soup, rice and spaghetti- with the tomato sauce. All this assuming you have gas to cook, otherwise 200 should buy u charcoal �
Is there still #50 ugu
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Assumptabeke(f): 10:35am On Oct 30, 2021
teacherbim:

Where you want get palm oil 150 nara, the smallest bottle is now 250
Oga where I reside in Lagos, the smallest olive oil sized bottle is 100 naira.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Pumpumking: 10:37am On Oct 30, 2021
Harrykn:
With the way prices of foodstuffs are increasing everyday in our country I doubt 4,000 naira can cook quality food. N800 food in restaurant can barely carry people like a day * 1wk.
Considering people who earn 15-30k monthly and family, country hard.

ermm slowdown brother..coookin is for houseboy ..useless people but mostly poooor people sir..
i dont cook...i hav chef who coook for me & i pay him monthly!!(no oofenese)
angry
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by flokii: 10:38am On Oct 30, 2021
Mom007:

pap and akara or moi moi will hold you for hours.. you see that indomie and pasta or sphagetti are not good foods to consume.

Gone are the days when people take time to prepare fresh, quality foods not the junks we eat nowadays causing health conditions in infants and adults.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Assumptabeke(f): 10:40am On Oct 30, 2021
Kokaine:
you're a wife material. Let's get married next week Saturday. In a police station so we sign and seal the wedding.

Lol....
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Born2conquer: 10:41am On Oct 30, 2021
1) 5 pieces of Gino sachet tomato: 500naira
2) Grinded pepper: 200naira
3)One bottle of oil: 450
4) 5 pieces of Spaghetti: 1k
5) Half mudu of beans: 600naira
6) half mudu of rice:600naira
Use the rest to buy egg, Maggi, curry and thyme.

This will last you for 2weeks

1 Like

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Assumptabeke(f): 10:42am On Oct 30, 2021
Ficeo:

Nice arrangement. You tried ooo! What of kerosene, firewood or charcoal for the cooking?
Why don't you make your own list for the OP? At least the post is open to everyone.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Assumptabeke(f): 10:46am On Oct 30, 2021
joshuaidibia:

Meat 700 for the week? Unless OP is staying in Gombe, Sokoto, Bauchi.etc
There's meat worth 700 naira in any state in Nigeria. When last you reach market sef?

1 Like

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Damilare65(m): 10:48am On Oct 30, 2021
Born2conquer:
1) 5 pieces of Gino sachet tomato: 500naira
2) Grinded pepper: 200naira
3)One bottle of oil: 450
4) 5 pieces of Spaghetti: 1k
5) Half mudu of beans: 600naira
6) half mudu of rice:600naira
Use the rest to buy egg, Maggi, curry and thyme.

This will last you for 2weeks

spaghetti is 350, I cup of rice is 150 here in my area, beans is 170 , 200 pepper for 2 weeks? grin egg is 70 naira, 4k is not enough , you are even saying 2 weeks, do you know the average Nigerian prisoner feeding budget is 1k per day
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Assumptabeke(f): 10:49am On Oct 30, 2021
Knows:
person wan manage 4K per week n you talk bout freezer? You just deh whine him. I’m very sure e no get freezer.

If he no get freezer, make he dey warm the soup and stew morning and night make the food for no spoil, only be say the food go loose taste.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Malawian(m): 10:58am On Oct 30, 2021
Assumptabeke:

If you have the basic food ingredients like rice, beans and garri in your house, you can cook a pot of soup and stew that would last you for the week with 4k.
Take for instance,
Soup: Ogbono
Ogbono: 400
Crayfish: 200
Uziza and Ugwu: 150
Stock fish: 200
Panla: 500
Pomo:300
Palm oil: 150.
Total:1900
Stew
Tomatoes and pepper: 500
Tomato paste medium size: 300
Vegetable oil: 300
Meat:700
Sachet curry and thyme:50
Bullion cubes:50
Total:1900

The remaining balance use am do transport fare go market grin grin grin

Food don ready.
Once you cook finish put some for inside freezer, you're good to go for the week.
What of the Eba and Rice?
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Bayyajidda(m): 11:08am On Oct 30, 2021
Assumptabeke:

You should learn to read and understand a post properly before commenting.

Don't you think you should be the one learning to read and understand properly... Someone already made you understand he can only afford to spend just N4000 weekly. What's there again are we to understand?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PONMO (COW SKIN) - What You Need To Know. / Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef / Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.