Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? (18464 Views)

Hardship: 5 Cheap Soups You Can Cook With N1000 In Nigeria / See How I prepared my stew as a single guy. / Cook With 1500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by ufotty2001: 11:22am On Oct 30, 2021
Assumptabeke:

If you have the basic food ingredients like rice, beans and garri in your house, you can cook a pot of soup and stew that would last you for the week with 4k.
Take for instance,
Soup: Ogbono
Ogbono: 400
Crayfish: 200
Uziza and Ugwu: 150
Stock fish: 200
Panla: 500
Pomo:300
Palm oil: 150.
Total:1900
Stew
Tomatoes and pepper: 500
Tomato paste medium size: 300
Vegetable oil: 300
Meat:700
Sachet curry and thyme:50
Bullion cubes:50

The remaining balance use am do transport fare go market grin grin grin

Food don ready.
Once you cook finish put some for inside freezer, you're good to go for the week.
please I want to propose to you.. please DM me...
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Assumptabeke(f): 11:27am On Oct 30, 2021
Bayyajidda:

Don't you think you should be the one learning to read and understand properly... Someone already made you understand he can only afford to spend just N4000 weekly. What's there again are we to understand?
If you read my post properly, you would see where I stated that if he had the basic food ingredients such as rice, beans and garri the 4k would be enough. But no, you couldn't digest that part of post, you quickly delved into the part I made a shopping list.
Abeg abeg I nor get strength for all this shenanigans.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Assumptabeke(f): 11:30am On Oct 30, 2021
ufotty2001:
please I want to propose to you.. please DM me...

On top shopping list? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Bros no be so dem dey do things na......Lmao
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by CAPITALBEE: 11:54am On Oct 30, 2021
Assumptabeke:

If you have the basic food ingredients like rice, beans and garri in your house, you can cook a pot of soup and stew that would last you for the week with 4k.
Take for instance,
Stew

Food don ready.
Once you cook finish put some for inside freezer, you're good to go for the week.

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by joshuaidibia(m): 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
Assumptabeke:

There's meat worth 700 naira in any state in Nigeria. When last you reach market sef?

I know there's meat of 700, even 500. But please that amount of meat won't last a week biko for stew and soup. Haba.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by ufotty2001: 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
Assumptabeke:

On top shopping list? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Bros no be so dem dey do things na......Lmao
i can't just wait to see ur DM.. please!!! You look more like a wife material to me.. I have sent you an email. Check your box.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Olayetan(m): 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
Mercychen:
With 4k you can cook a pot of concoction rice and half pot of soup. This can take you for a week and that is if you eat only twice a day in medium sized portion.

did you say full 1 week?

4k no even do me for a day sef
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by AlphaStyles(m): 12:34pm On Oct 30, 2021
with the way things are going it will be hard oo
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by pansophist(m): 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2021
Assumptabeke:

Take for instance,
Stew

Food don ready.

Who's single ? Abeg wife this woman sharply. Wife material spotted. cool

2 Likes

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 30, 2021
Rich4god:
Seriously, these days food are really expensive and to be cooking varieties makes it even worse.
The area I stay, tomato is cheap so what I dois, I cook plenty stew with about 2k and put it in the fridge. Then buy I mudu of rice for 1200 and half mudu of beans for 800. Though other logistics and some additives can take another 2k. Every night when I come back from work, I prepare rice and beans to be used with the stew. I eat the rice for dinner and breakfast then buy swallow or something different for lunch at work. If no sleep over visitors, the stew can last up to 5-6 days.
But if I want to bring in varieties, na to budget like 8-10k
so na one cup of rice and beans u dae eat everyday??
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by mariahAngel(f): 12:45pm On Oct 30, 2021
pansophist:

Who's single ? Abeg wife this woman sharply. Wife material spotted. cool

You nko?
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:46pm On Oct 30, 2021
Mercychen:
With 4k you can cook a pot of concoction rice and half pot of soup. This can take you for a week and that is if you eat only twice a day in medium sized portion.
For a week! Why r u lying sad
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by yetunsbay(m): 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2021
Assumptabeke:

Take for instance,
Stew

Food don ready.
some of us no get light for our area grin
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Yemsam01: 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2021
Mandesz:
Op, depends on the city u reside. In Lagos, pH,south east, abj, resign and return to your village. But in ilorin, single lady and guy can eat but not satisfy.
Garri......... #200 × 2= 400
Beans....... #600×2 = 1200
Rice....… #800×1= 800
Red oil.... 2 milk cups= 300
Fish(panla)....#150 × 2times in a week = 300
Salt, pepper, onions, tomato, others..... =300
Okra....#100
Kerosene...... #600
Our leaders are bad, they are making naira not worthwhile with their systematic and continuous devaluation. But we all caused this cos you either voted buhari or you refused to vote anyone.

That beans na 1 Congo for #600 abi?
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Mandesz(m): 1:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
Yemsam01:

That beans na 1 Congo for #600 abi?
Yes, but new beans
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Yemsam01: 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2021
Pumpumking:

ermm slowdown brother..coookin is for houseboy ..useless people but mostly poooor people sir..
i dont cook...i hav chef who coook for me & i pay him monthly!!(no oofenese)
angry

No bro, you don't have to insult us who cook because we can't afford to buy food outside not to talk of hiring a cook. The country is hard, and nobody choose to be a houseboy or poor person. It's the situation and I know it's going to change for better for me and everybody. If you have, you don't need to insult those that are trying everything possible to eat just one meal per day. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Yemsam01: 1:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
Mandesz:

Yes, but new beans

Wow but can this reach every part of the country? Like is there still hope that the price will be reduced all over?
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Bayyajidda(m): 1:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
Assumptabeke:

If you read my post properly, you would see where I stated that if he had the basic food ingredients such as rice, beans and garri the 4k would be enough. But no, you couldn't digest that part of post, you quickly delved into the part I made a shopping list.
Abeg abeg I nor get strength for all this shenanigans.

If you read his post properly you would have understood he doesn't. He only has his 4k for weekly feeding.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Mom007(f): 1:24pm On Oct 30, 2021
Damilare65:

this woman is stupid lol how is indomie and vegetables a balance diet? no egg no protein, indomie

The stupid one here is you. How do you wake up and call someone you don't know from Adam stupid because of a post that doesn't concern you? Did you read the topic? You are talking egg and protein on a budget of 15k salary per month? Do you know how much an egg costs? And if he doesn't get his proteins in the morning from the indomie meal, can't he get it from his subsequent meal for the day? Besides, did you even know that when you take in carbs and your body needs proteins, the excess carbs can be catabolized to give base proteins? This is what happens when you give ill trained people smartphones.

2 Likes

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Mom007(f): 1:34pm On Oct 30, 2021
Damilare65:

See this is why I don't comment here, someone that can't look at you in real life will just type thrash at you . how can you imply that I don't have sound deductive powers because I disagree with you I did not even insult you, its my fault sha , I should not have quoted you I think say you get sense ni, na soak away full your brain,

so in your right senses, you think someone can survive on only eba and indomie for 7 days ? even prisiners feeding budget is 1k per day and they eat crap, lol . imagine cook 2 indomie and eat in the morning before going to work, unless your job is sitting down and looking, you will be feeling hungry by noon , still come back and eat eba without meat? the indomie too without egg? what about cooking gas? even charcoal is not cheap,

we are talking about weekly you are saying as soon as get paid
Brother, stop flaunting your ignorance and yes, lack of deductive powers. Go and reread the original post. Read to understand before jumping into comments. The op is trying to break down a monthly salary of about 15k to 20k and asking how he can manage it and spend about 4k a week. If you do not agree with my submissions and have something better to suggest, feel free to do so. Thank God you know that even prisoners have a 1k per day budget. The op's budget is about 500 to 600naira per day. So that is what I am working with. You say he cannot survive on 2packs of indomie in the morning, we did it in school all those years back with our bustling schedule and we didn't die. Better still, you can help the op to get a better job since you are obviously such a big shot that nobody should correct you. Cheers sha. We no dey fight.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
SweetDipBenny:
For a week! Why r u lying sad

Is it too small?

If you cook one derica of rice and pack it into 6 plates in the freezer.
Then make half pot of soup and buy like half painter garri 500.
The packs of rice will take you 3days ( morning and night). Then the soup/garri, four days. What else?

Olayetan:

did you say full 1 week?

4k no even do me for a day sef

[quote author=Olayetan post=107188957]

He's on a budget and we are talking of how to manage it to reach him na.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Pumpumking: 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
Yemsam01:

No bro, you don't have to insult us who cook because we can't afford to buy food outside not to talk of hiring a cook. The country is hard, and nobody choose to be a houseboy or poor person. It's the situation and I know it's going to change for better for me and everybody. If you have, you don't need to insult those that are trying everything possible to eat just one meal per day. Thanks

how can man cook? only houseboy or gay mans coook sir. can u imagine mans wereing apron? WTF? a man wereing apron cookin in the kitchen look like man wereing dress coooking sir.. u were dress ? real mans dont do that $hit..we dont!!...THATS GAY MOVE!!!!(no ofeinse) angry
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Pumpumking: 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2021
Mercychen:

Is it too small?

If you cook one derica of rice and pack it into 6 plates in the freezer.
Then make half pot of soup and buy like half painter garri 500.
The packs of rice will take you 3days ( morning and night). Then the soup/garri, four days. What else?

small? YOU AGAIN!!
corection. My dik is big truss me.. lass time i measure it was 13.5 incshes. its not 15 incshes loooong. was yor nomba please? U WANT? cheesy
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Assumptabeke(f): 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
Bayyajidda:

If you read his post properly you would have understood he doesn't. He only has his 4k for weekly feeding.
Since it seems you're the only that understands his post, go and make a list for him.
Udo.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Bayyajidda(m): 3:55pm On Oct 30, 2021
Assumptabeke:

Since it seems you're the only that understands his post, go and make a list for him.
Udo.

Soy beans 2 mudu - 1200
Wheat 1 mudu - 600
Millet 1 mudu - 400
Guinea corn 1 mudu - 350
Groundnut 1 cup - 150
Grinding - 150
Kerosene or charcoal - 700
Sugar - 300
Transport fare - 100

Total - N3950

Your your rich and wholesome tom brown is ready and sufficient for the whole week.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by iTearHerToto: 5:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
Assumptabeke:

Take for instance,
Stew

Food don ready.
Wow impressive yu could be good for a gf. But not for wife tho
Can't explain angry
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by pansophist(m): 5:13pm On Oct 30, 2021
mariahAngel:

You nko?

It's complicated grin
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
Assumptabeke:

Take for instance,
Stew

Food don ready.
I fear who no fear u oo..Haaaaaa shocked

1 Like

Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Anndrew(m): 5:48pm On Oct 30, 2021
Damn...4k self 2much,some 1 like me na like 2.5k I dey enta market...fish=700
Isam=200
Canda=300
Egusi=400
Ugu=200
Am gud to go

Note:every availability dey ousz b4 I proceed..
Am a nigga dat buy foodstuff at home..
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Mandesz(m): 6:27pm On Oct 30, 2021
Yemsam01:

Wow but can this reach every part of the country? Like is there still hope that the price will be reduced all over?
tinz will get stable as time goes on but can't be like b4 in terms of the price.
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Kyf1: 6:55pm On Oct 30, 2021
Many things
Re: What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week? by Fifi2017: 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hayastark:
Garri half. 1/4 of paint- 300
Rice 1 derica- 500
1 spaghetti-. 300
Tomato-. 350, pepper 50 onion -50, dry pepper 50 =500
Okoro- 150
Ugu leaf 50 or
Water leaf 100/ ugu 100( those are the two cheapest soup)
Palm oil - 200( small bottle)
G.oil-. 200 ( small bottle)
Crayfish- 100
Seasoning- 50, salt-. 50
Kpanla fish- 400
Meat 1000,or half kilo chicken 1000
All this sum up to 3800. It will give you variety use your garri to eat soup, rice and spaghetti- with the tomato sauce. All this assuming you have gas to cook, otherwise 200 should buy u charcoal �

Omen this your list ehnñnn I comot my cap for u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PONMO (COW SKIN) - What You Need To Know. / Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef / Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.