Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Finally I'm Free from religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Finally I'm Free from religion (2944 Views)

Independence Day: Have You Been Free From Religion? / Breaking Free From Masturbation / Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally I'm Free from religion by Tobedated(m): 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
Yes that right free from religion i can't believe i believed in that shit for a long time i hope others to find a way out it just sad that i can't convince my family what a pity

6 Likes

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2021
John 8:32 cheesy
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Good one sir.#radicalforjesus#
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
smiley
Iyaebe:

Good one sir.#radicalforjesus#
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 29, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by triplechoice(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2021
Tobedated:
Yes that right free from religion i can't believe i believed in that shit for a long time i hope others to find a way out it just sad that i can't convince my family what a pity

Can you please share your deconversion story? That is, what led to it
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Tobedated(m): 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2021
triplechoice:

Can you please share your deconversion story? That is, what led to it

it nothing fancy nor instant it gradual it just that the more i learn of the world the more i see the bullshit in religion and them one day i decide to cut myself free

3 Likes

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by TenQ: 5:20pm On Oct 29, 2021
Tobedated:
Me, I am sold out to Jesus and I have my peace. Religion is bondage as Jesus didn't ask Christians to be religionists!

At the other side of death is LIFE!

4 Likes

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Oct 29, 2021
Tobedated:
Please tell us what you plead now so we are sure how to respond. Are you athiest, agnostic, agnostic atheist or undecided? undecided
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:29pm On Oct 29, 2021
Another new moniker. September 28th this year.

Make dem continue to dey deceive themselves.

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Oct 29, 2021
Tobedated:
it nothing fancy nor instant it gradual it just that the more i learn of the world the more i see the bullshit in religion and them one day i decide to cut myself free
How were you first roped into religion? undecided

How exactly did you cut free from it? undecided
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Tobedated(m): 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Please tell us what you plead now so we are sure how to respond. Are you athiest, agnostic, agnostic atheist or undecided? undecided

idk as of present i'm currently undecided

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Ayo081(m): 5:46pm On Oct 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

John 8:37-38 hits different today.
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Dtruthspeaker: 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2021
Yet another new moniker, meen Workch is Craaazy. I tell you

Anyway, isn't this the Rapture? Aren't the goats departing from the the sheep?
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Tobedated(m): 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How were you first roped into religion? undecided

How exactly did you cut free from it? undecided

was born into it

cutting free is metaphorical i just decide that it bs and it not for me period

2 Likes

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by triplechoice(m): 5:53pm On Oct 29, 2021
Tobedated:

OK then, it means you were not really into it.
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Tobedated(m): 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2021
TenQ:

Me, I am sold out to Jesus and I have my peace. Religion is bondage as Jesus didn't ask Christians to be religionists!

yea sure whatever you do you

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by hupernikao: 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2021
Tobedated:

Thank God you knew and confessed you were under religion before. There is difference between being under religion and being under the truth of God's word. I know your plight. The truth is, everyone under the shackles of religion will someday leave religion and receive the light of God's word.

Yet there are few who the stronghold of religion has successfully derailed and claimed to have left God because of this afterwards. Actually it's from dark to dark, just a change of direction. False teaching in the name of Religion share so much in common as Athiesm especially in Nigeria. They are driven by same ideology, but in opposite direction.

Hence, I am glad to tell you this, that there is the truth of God's word you were never exposed to, even though you have been exposed to the Bible under religion. I pray it surely come, even though it may tarry, the light will come.

Let me copy my distance Brother MaxInDHouse.

John 8:32 grin
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by TenQ: 9:33pm On Oct 29, 2021
Tobedated:

yea sure whatever you do you
?
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Workch: 9:34pm On Oct 29, 2021
You have made the right choice.
Watch how you will live a more quality life henceforth knowing fully well that no imaginary celestial dictator is watching you whatever you do.

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by A001: 11:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
Nice one, OP. But I advise you live wisely if you're based in Nigeria because religious people in this country can make one's life a living hell for being a freethinker.

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by TMTR: 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2021
There is this sense of freedom that comes when you free yourself from the shackles of organized religion, you live your life the way you want and not according to the dictates of some hypocritical fellows , you get to see the world differently and see how you have wasted precious time practicing religion.

Truth is there are principle that governs this our world, learn them and put them into practice and you will live a happy and successful life.

And as they say successful is relative, what is success for me may not be your own success, know your own success and work to achieve it.

I wish you the best

Ever wondered that the same people that brought this religion to us are the same people that enslaved our forefathers

Well thinking about the whole thing was how I broke free from religion and I am glad I did

2 Likes

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2021
TenQ:

Lol!
Christianity is religion. Those who follow Jesus Christ are members of Christianity.
Therefore Jesus followers are religious people.

There is nothing wrong with being religious. It’s a good thing. I am proud to be a follower of Jesus Christ. I know I can be called a religious person. There is no negative connotation with it.

What the Bible condemns is hypocritical acts in the name of religion. Or impure religion. Or being religious and not helping other humans in need of help.

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
A001:
Nice one, OP. But I advise you live wisely if you're based in Nigeria because religious people in this country can make one's life a living hell for being a freethinker.

The pictures and your talk about science and technology are laughable. Is science another name for atheism or skepticism or godlessness?

Is it possible for you to defend your worldview without hiding behind science and technology?

Are you aware that the surgery would have had theists or Christians among them? What does that tell you about your post and claims ?

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
Tobedated:

What exactly happened?
Why did you believe in religion before? What informed your convictions then?

Why did your opinions change now? Can you let us discuss it ?
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by A001: 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nothingserious:

Are you aware that the surgery would have had theists or Christians among them? What does that tell you about your post and claims ?
Yes, there are many surgeons who are religionists but none of them operate on patients successfully by only praying.

They do so by applying the principles and concepts in medical science and technology.

That means, having belief in a god and praying is of no use to any surgeon, whether religious or not, to operate successfully. All that's required is to follow the principles of medical science and technology.

These principles don't require a belief in a god or prayers to work.

3 Likes

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2021
A001:

Yes, there are many surgeons who are religionists but none of them operate on patients successfully by only praying.

They do so by applying the principles and concepts in medical science and technology.

That means, having belief in a god and praying is of no use to any surgeon, whether religious or not, to operate successfully. All that's required is to follow the principles of medical science and technology.

These principles don't require a belief in a god or prayers to work.

Your argument is on science and God and not on prayer and science. Stop committing category errors.

Science and God aren’t alternatives.
Science never made such claims.
Only humans like you who would like to speak for science will make such bogus claims.

Again, is atheism or skepticism same as science?

Why would most skeptics erroneous hide behind science arguments to talk about their godlessness? That’s wrong. Or perhaps you are ashamed of your skeptical worldview that you can’t even defend it without hiding behind science ? Or maybe you have no reasons to back up your worldview?

Science and skepticism or atheism aren’t synonyms.
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by A001: 6:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nothingserious:

Your argument is on science and God and not on prayer and science. Stop committing category errors.

Science and God aren’t alternatives.
Science never made such claims.
Only humans like you who would like to speak for science will make such bogus claims.

Again, is atheism or skepticism same as science?

Why would most skeptics erroneous hide behind science arguments to talk about their godlessness? That’s wrong. Or perhaps you are ashamed of your skeptical worldview that you can’t even defend it without hiding behind science ? Or maybe you have no reasons to back up your worldview?

Science and skepticism or atheism aren’t synonyms.
And who told you they're synonyms? But skepticism (questioning things) is a key part of science.

Or you don't know that?

Then, when talking about God, you need to mention the specific one you're referring to because there are over 5000 of Gods in history with different traits.

And who's speaking for science? Is science a human to be spoken for?

Go through the content of the pictures again and tell me the specific points you're making. Because so far, I've not seen any.

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Sasuke007: 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
Tobedated:
it's cool
but be good and know in your heart that there's God that will lead you to the only right religion
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by A001: 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nothingserious:

Is it possible for you to defend your worldview without hiding behind science and technology?
No, it's not possible. What made me stick with the worldview of agnosticism is science, philosophy, and history.
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
A001:

No, it's not possible. What made me stick with the worldview of agnosticism is science, philosophy, and history.

Christianity can stand on its own.
Theism can stand on its own.
Arguments for Christian or theistic views can be made on their own.
Christians and other theists are also scientists.

Thus being a Christian doesn’t alienate one from being a scientist.

It therefore implies that science didn’t make you agnostic or atheistic.

You don’t really know why you are a skeptic, do you? Lol

By the way science, philosophy and history are extensively studied by Christians. Philosophy is the bedrock of religion.

Again , why are you leaning on subjects that are denominators for all men to argue for your skepticism.

Can you just for once tell me why you have your worldview without saying science.
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 6:24pm On Oct 31, 2021
A001:

And who told you they're synonyms? But skepticism (questioning things) is a key part of science.

Or you don't know that?

Then, when talking about God, you need to mention the specific one you're referring to because there are over 5000 of Gods in history with different traits.

And who's speaking for science? Is science a human to be spoken for?

Go through the content of the pictures again and tell me the specific points you're making. Because so far, I've not seen any.

You are already loosing track so soon.
And who told you Christians do not question things?

Why would you ask me about specifics when my response mentioned Christianity severally?
Stop leaning on science and defend your worldview on its own for once.

Tell me exactly what science said about God. If you can’t, then I conclude you are the one speaking and not science

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

African Consciousness Vs European Christian Imperialism, By Dr Ray Hagins / Prophecy 2014 - Prophet Olaye George / Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.