Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home (23010 Views)

Police Arrest & Parade 14 Invaders Of Justice Odili's Home / Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home / Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by aminulive: 5:23pm On Oct 30, 2021
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

The Nigerian Bar Association has condemned the raid on the home of Supreme Court Justice, Mary Odili on Friday night by security operatives.

The association, in a statement on Saturday, signed by its President, Olumide Akpata, described the development as an 'orchestrated attempt against the Judiciary'.

The statement, made available to POLITICS NIGERIA, read in part: "The Nigerian Bar Association ("NBA"wink received with grave concern the news of the unlawful siege on the Abuja residence of a Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, Honourable Justice Mary Ukaego Peter-Odili, last night by officers of one or more of the Nigerian security agencies."

"Almost 24 hours later, information concerning the basis of the siege remains hazy and the subject of
speculation, apart from reports that the invasion was pursuant to a search warrant issued by a
Magistrate Court in Abuja, which search warrant has now been revoked."

"The Honourable Attorney-General of the Federation under whose office the team that purportedly
carried out the raid is allegedly domiciled has also denounced the team, which suggests the inference
that the residence of the second most senior judicial officer in Nigeria was raided by rogue security
agencies. The grave implications of this possibility leave a lot to be desired."

"When viewed in the context of a similar raid on the premises of Supreme Court Justices in 2016, the
rationale of which was never fully explained or indeed justified, the NBA interprets last night's
incident as a part of an orchestrated affront on the Judiciary, designed to intimidate and ridicule the
Judiciary. The NBA will no longer allow this to continue."

Akpata revealed that he has had a conversation with Justice Odili on the matter. "i have spoken with My Lord, Peter-Odili (JSC) and i am happy to report that she is alive and well. Beyond that however, It is my pledge to Nigerians that the NBA will get to the root of this matter."

"To be clear, last night's event ls an affront on the Judiciary and grossly undermines the democracy that
we profess to practise. In line with the aims and objectives of the NBA which include the protection
and defence of the independence of the Judiciary and the Rube of Law in Nigeria, we will be convening
an emergency meeting of the NBA National Executive Committee solely to discuss this issue and take
a definitive stand on behalf of the NBA."

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-nigerian-bar-association-reacts-to-raid-on-justice-odilis-home/

25 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2021
I have never seen a useless association like NBA, these people went with search warrant, NBA was asleep when cult group in edo beat a young lady, striped her naked. Because this one is a big woman they are running the mouth from Dustbin to another. Useless Mofo, I spit.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by bigdammyj: 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2021
Noted
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Sonnobax15(m): 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2021
lipsrsealed
To the FTC,I wish you the same cool

No worry,e go reach everybody for this Buhari regime,you hear undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Jide11CAC: 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:
I have never see a useless association like NBA, these people went with search warrant, NBA was asleep when cult group in edo beat a young lady, striped her naked. Because this one is a big woman they are running the mouth from Dustbin to another. Useless Mofo, I spit.

Stop exhibiting your foolishness in the public you won't listen.

191 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Ebukawaylaid(m): 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
OK
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by manee2(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Earlystar698(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
Members of NBA right now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Creditalerts: 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
grin

Toothless bull.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Waakanda: 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
...an affront on our nascent democracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by dheaven: 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
They should fight for their senior colleague. It's necessary

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by money121(m): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by vikyno(m): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:
I have never see a useless association like NBA, these people went with search warrant, NBA was asleep when cult group in edo beat a young lady, striped her naked. Because this one is a big woman they are running the mouth from Dustbin to another. Useless Mofo, I spit.
To think this is the first comment to this post shows how low Nigeria has gone.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Lovenorth: 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
They can only condemn which everyone has a right to ,But to be candid we are truly satisfied with the action of our lovely security

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by fredoooooo: 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hold wike and secondus responsible
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by toltee4real: 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2021
I thought its legal to search any apartment since they are in possession of VALID WARRANT?
While then this na?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by GreaterFuture(m): 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2021
React
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Taich(m): 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2021
Something other than mere words needs to be done. The root and remote causes of this needs to be investigated. The whistle blower needs to be identified and asked relevant questions.
Ah this is Nigeria I forgot.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by rickyrex(m): 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2021
Tell malami and buhari to leave our mbaise sister alone oh.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by spinojay(m): 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by frankson1(m): 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
Creditalerts:
grin

Toothless bull.....

And brown envelope people.
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Anaerobi(m): 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
Malami is still denying to know such thing happened...

I thought Malami is supposed to be honest....

But he's just a bunch of Lies.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by hopexter(m): 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
Jide11CAC:

Stop exhibiting your foolishness in the public you won't listen.

Shut your gutter if you don’t have something meaningful to say undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by spinojay(m): 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
Oga which valid warrant u d talk about
toltee4real:
I thought its legal to search any apartment since they are in possession of VALID WARRANT?
While then this na?

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Chukwudozzie(m): 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
Read, comprehend, understand. How hard could this be. Reports are pouring in that even the so-called search warrant bore a different address and has no me of the owner of the property, and this was what you could come up with. SMH.

ThankUJesus:

21 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by rickyrex(m): 6:04pm On Oct 30, 2021
Tell malami and buhari to leave our mbaise sister alone oh. ..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Passionate888: 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2021
Buhari has turned Nigeria's security apparatus into a tool for witch hunt

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by ecrypto: 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
If it was to be an ordinary person now no one will talk

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Danbaba Suntai To Be Replaced As Taraba State Governor . / Nigerians Accuse Buhari Of Selling Country Assets To Friends And Families / How $505m Recovered Funds Were Re-looted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.