Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright (3982 Views)

Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright, Says Osinbajo / Okorocha To Osinbajo: Despite All My Efforts On APC, I Was Paid Back With Evil / Kemi Appointed As New NBET Chairperson By Osinbajo Despite NYSC Cert. Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by Zeemam: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2021
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

*DESPITE COMPLEX SITUATIONS, OUR COUNTRY'S FUTURE REMAINS BRIGHT, SAYS OSINBAJO*

_*VP attends PFN Thanksgiving in Jos, back in Abuja commends unity of Kuje community as people of different faiths celebrate church anniversary_

_*Osinbajo is an uncommon man, always collaborating with the masses - President, Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria_

Despite the challenges the country is currently facing, Nigerians should not lose hope as it remains a nation with great promises and a bright future, according to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN.

Prof. Osinbajo who has on different occasions affirmed his faith and firm belief in the country’s great future and immense potential of its people, declared this again on Saturday in Jos, Plateau State, where he was special guest at the Annual Thanksgiving Service of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) chapter in the State.

In the same vein, on his return to Abuja yesterday afternoon, the Vice President also attended the 2021 Annual Convention of the Kings Palace Church International, in Kuje, where he observed that the people of Kuje are an example of Nigerian unity, with different strands of the community and faiths; including the Muslim traditional ruler of Kuje, the Gomo of Kuje (paramount ruler of Kuje), Alhaji Haruna Jibrin Tanko, gracing the anniversary of the church held at the Town hall. The Gomo welcomed the VP and lauded the contributions of the church in the community.

The VP commended the gathering in Kuje and noted that it was a show of unity.

Speaking at Kuje, Prof Osinbajo said "we must be united. Our country is better and stronger as one than separate. Other countries are trying to be bigger. Nobody is trying to be smaller. We will not be smaller in the mighty name of Jesus. The Lord God Almighty will help us to grow in understanding, and to treat each other with fairness and with justice.”

Earlier in Jos, he urged Nigerians to speak positively about the country, to stir up faith among citizens in its future. And personally, the VP affirmed that he “is completely convinced that the future of our nation is very bright indeed.”

"This is a nation that God's hand is laid upon... a nation with many great promises. We have so many expectations from God as He leads us by His Spirit," he stated.

The VP further noted that despite the complexities of some national issues, “our God is the God of complex situations. He steps in when things get really complicated, He is not a man whose options are limited, He has no limits, no boundaries, no quotas, He is God; which is why from the very beginning of creation, He demonstrated that He is a God of the most complex and difficult situations.”

Giving an example with the story of creation in the Book of Genesis, the VP said, “Even at creation, there was confusion; the earth was without form, it was bleak, dark and void, there seemed to be hopelessness and despair. But in all the confusion, the same verse says that God was right there, the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

He noted that what happened next was that God spoke and transformed the situation.

"The word He spoke transformed the darkness, the insecurity, the fear, the conflicts, to light, peace and joy. He spoke, and the situation was transformed…. if we want our personal circumstances to change or we want our country to be at peace, and to prosper, we, the saints of God, must declare it. We must speak the reality we desire,” the VP stated.

Continuing on the importance of speaking positive words about the country and praying for its prosperity, the VP admonished that, “the people of God cannot speak like the people of the world (and say) ‘...the country is bad, this Nigeria is not working, this country will break up…’ that is death not life. We carry life, we carry liberty from evil and oppression.

“So, we will speak blessings unto our land, our communities and our families, we will use the blessings,” the Vice President affirmed, while urging Nigerians to have faith in the country’s rising, despite its challenges.

The VP also used the analogy of the biblical story of the valley of dry bones as "God’s metaphoric depiction of the helplessness and hopelessness of a nation; and God’s ability, just by the spoken words of a man, to bring back life and hope. God is there. Then He speaks, as He is doing now.”

Speaking directly to the PFN and church leaders, Prof. Osinbajo said, “we, who are the sons of God, priests, must speak the power and grace of God to our nation; (we must speak the power and grace) to fear, to insurgency, to banditry. And the church must not fear, we are the ecclesia, the called-out ones, a people of promise. We are indestructible...The word of God now reminds us that the glory of the latter temple shall be greater than the former.”

Earlier on arrival at the Yakubu Gowon Airport in Jos, the Vice President was received by Plateau State Governor, Simon Lalong, as well as the State’s Deputy Governor, Sonni Tyoden; PFN leaders in the State and other dignitaries.

Meanwhile, in his remarks at the Kuje event, the VP reiterated his faith and hope in a new Nigeria, noting that “there is a better tomorrow.”

He commended the church’s clergy, Rev. Samuel Ogbodo and Pastor (Mrs.) Gloria Ogbodo, for “16 years work of ministry.”

While praying for the Kuje community and the church in the area, the VP reiterated his earlier call on Christians to pray for the prosperity of the nation.

On his part, the Senior Pastor of the Kings Palace Church International, Rev. Samuel Ogbodo, thanked the Vice President for his humility and commitment to the service of the people, noting that his visit to the church and community was the beginning of a new era.

Also at the Kuje event, the National President of the Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria, Dr. Iyke Odo, praised Prof. Osinbajo’s patriotism, passion for and commitment to the progress of the country, describing the VP as a perfect and worthy Vice President of the country.

His words: "We are very privileged to have this uncommon man. A man very unusual, very unique in his ways of adapting and collaborating with the masses of this country.

"The man we are seeing is a professor in Law, but because of what we have seen him do, his performance, his physical and mental agility, his connection to the problems of this country and the passion he has shown in every step and by every move, his intellectual sagacity is unquestionable.”

"Our Vice President would have been a professor in any other calling; he is a great man."

Apart from clergymen from churches in Kuje, the Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), FCT chapter, Rev. Jonah Samson and the Gomo of Kuje, Alhaji Tanko, there were several other community and religious leaders, alongside professionals in the area who filled the Kuje Town Hall to its brim at the event yesterday.

*Laolu Akande*
*Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity*
*Office of the Vice President*
*31st October, 2021*

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by IgweOfNnewi: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2021
Correct
Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by optionalY09: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2021
grin grin. This people always playing Nigerians.

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by SmartPolician: 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
Why won't you say It is bright when you are cashing out? A country that is home to the world's poorest of the poor cannot be said to have a bright future.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by TheRareGem1(f): 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
As long as we are united and keep the hope together for a greater country.
Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by realstars: 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
Figment Of Imagination.

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by Tochi3(m): 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
This man self

Can you just stop deceiving ur zombies

Mtcheww.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by melaniaup: 6:07am On Nov 01, 2021
This man that called himself a pastor yet knows about the presidential zoning in this country still want to contest against the truth that this time it belongs to the south east

Greedy and selfish man preaching peace using his pastoral title to deceive the guillible ones

Taa and he said he his a man of peace

10 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 01, 2021
TheRareGem1:
As long as we are united and keep the hope together for a greater country.
Rubbish.

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by Kexcellency: 6:07am On Nov 01, 2021
Vice president turned motivational speaker.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by Bobotic(m): 6:08am On Nov 01, 2021
Good Morning My Neighbors angry

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by Jammy2012(m): 6:08am On Nov 01, 2021
It is like Osinbajo and Adeshina wants to be unfortunate angry what is all this?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by Rikze: 6:08am On Nov 01, 2021
shocked

Is there a new meaning to the word bright?

The bright I know has nothing to do with Nigeria's future...

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by whytediamond(m): 6:08am On Nov 01, 2021
Be deceiving the gullible

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by pickatyoubackup: 6:08am On Nov 01, 2021
Dz man Don start again.

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by ABUGEORGE(m): 6:08am On Nov 01, 2021
Mr Vice President pls keep on deceiving yourself, you are loosing your respect and making mockery of yourself

11 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by Sheriman(m): 6:08am On Nov 01, 2021
You keep dreaming in imaginary hope on a long done useless entity.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by Nackzy: 6:09am On Nov 01, 2021
This is all he knows, Hope giver, English Speaker, After they've budgeted billions for you and your family

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by kindlyheart: 6:10am On Nov 01, 2021
why won't it be bright when you are smiling to swiss bank.

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by Nonybb: 6:10am On Nov 01, 2021
Look at him called Buhari. How can you conclude that this man love Nigeria and the continued existence of it sovereignty when he pushed further to cause the political attrition of Igbos in the default tripod arrangements of Nigeria which are Igbos, Hausas and Yorubas. Upon this existence and structure is the unity of Nigeria. But Buhari, being a nomad, casted in mentality, believed he can rule Nigeria with the vacuum of Igbos. He doesn't work that way. Our tripod structure is spiritual. You can't even substitute it with Edo or Tiv. Igbo has a God ordained fixation structure on that table and tables can only stand with three standings but not with two. So the problem and the disunity of this country comes from one man through his approach and mentality alone

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by MARKone(m): 6:11am On Nov 01, 2021
If this man becomes president, na motivational quotes he go dey drop left right center till his tenure ends.

10 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by Nonybb: 6:11am On Nov 01, 2021
Buhari has destroyed Nigeria with his military style of leadership. The man is just a curse to the society and humanity. We preached on the street, admonished Nigeria to shun this calamity called Buhari. But because of sentiment and hatred to a Christian South ruling the radical NORTH, they went on a journey to parley with a zealot upon whom we had resolve to prevent the calamity he was trying to unleash on the people. If you had expected anything different from what you had now as the zealotry of Buhari, you are an irredeemable idiot. WE KNEW HE WILL FAIL

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by Jinjinkoku: 6:12am On Nov 01, 2021
I just want this man as our president in 2023. May we not miss it this time.
Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:12am On Nov 01, 2021
More sad news to the eyes of wailers..........
All they love reading is about deaths and blood being sponsored by the evil politicians they worship.
Good news make them sick all day long.
What manner of people they are!?

Slow and steady, Nigeria will be great in our lifetime.

I HATE TRAINS.
I HATE BRIDGES.
I HATE RICE.
I HATE TALLEST BUILDING EAST OF THE NIGER

Let me give the background to this piece. I was reading some comments on Twitter early in the week, when I ran into this one by one Dr Ben Gbenro: “Why are some people allergic to good news about Nigeria? You are angry about the test-run of Lagos-Ibadan rail, you are angry about the development in Onne Port, but will eagerly amplify any negative news even if it’s not true. Something is wrong with you and I am here to tell you.”

Of course, that comment generated responses, both positive and negative. But the one that caught my fancy specially was by Ayekooto, who declared: “We have got to a stage when GMB achievements can no longer be denied but hated. I hate trains. I hate bridges. I hate rice.”

Very profound. A lot of people can no longer deny the many achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari, particularly in the area of infrastructure, building a new Nigeria, and so, they have decided to hate it. Sad. Very sad.

Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

You tell them that just last weekend, there was a test run of the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, with brand new coaches that will begin commercial operation before the end of the year.That is happening in a country where we were told we couldn’t afford new coaches when our oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel. Now, at about 40 dollars per barrel, we are launching new coaches. Instead of giving credit to a prudent government, they just say; I hate trains.

Okay, if you hate trains, what of brand new airports in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Enugu, and others in the works? There was a time we were said to parade the worst airports in the world. But not any longer. Buhari reversed it in his four years. What do they say about that? They look up, look down, scratch their heads, and say; I hate airports. I’ve never even boarded a plane in my life, and I don’t want to board. Will I ever enter a plane if I’d been killed by bandits?

Okay. You hate airports and planes. What of bridges being built over rivers in different parts of the country, most especially the Second River Niger Bridge, which the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) built with mouth for 16 years. You tell them that the bridge is almost 50% done, and should be completed in the first quarter of 2022. There’s also the Loko-Oweto Bridge, linking Benue and Nasarawa States. It was started by a previous administration, but almost completed now. Like a cornered rat, their eyes dart furtively from corner to corner, seeking a hole to enter. Finding none, they tell you deadpan: I hate bridges.

Okay. All those are physical structures. So they want stomach infrastructure. You then tell them of the rice revolution, which has freed us from being a net importer of the product in the world. You point out that if Buhari hadn’t put his money where his mouth was, and encouraged us to go back to the land, causing rice farmers to rise from six to 12 million, we would have been in serious trouble when COVID-19 struck. How would we have imported rice, with all international borders closed, and no foreign exchange to even place orders? They pat their tummies gingerly, belch after a hearty meal, and then declare: I hate rice.

A Cancer Centre has been built and commissioned by President Buhari at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). An ultra-modern diagnostic center also built and commissioned in Kano. And just this week, another diagnostic centre built at a cost of $5.5 million, was commissioned at the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, in Abia State. What do they say of all these? “I hate hospitals. May I never need to use any diagnostic centre. It is not my portion.”

You join them to say amen, since you don’t have a hateful heart. And you remind them that the largest ever vessel in the country, Maerskline Stadelhorn, with a length of 300 meters and width of 48 meters, berthed few days ago at Onne Port, in Rivers State. That is the biggest ever container vessel to berth in any part of Nigeria. Onne people were delirious with joy, and praised the government to high heavens, because no vessel had come to their port for 12 years, till August last year, under Buhari. You tell the naysayers the positive economic implications, but they refuse to listen. They dive under water, shouting as they go: We hate container vessels.

You then take them to Yenagoa, in Bayelsa State. Just last week, the skyline of South-south and South-East was transformed, as President Buhari commissioned the tallest Federal Government structure in the region, the 17-story Nigerian Content Tower, Headquarters of Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).

The architectural masterpiece occupies an area equivalent to four football fields, and has a 1,000 seater conference centre plus a 10 MW power plant. Started in late 2015, now completed, all under Buhari. Engineer Simbi Wabote, Executive Secretary of the agency paid tribute to the resolve, determination and encouragement of the President, that saw the structure to completion in record time. And Wabote, third E.S of NCDMB in its 10 years history, has written his name in gold. Just because he has a supportive President.

Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylvia, under whose tenure as Bayelsa State Governor the land was allocated for the project, declared: “The commissioning of this building is symbolic in many ways. It shows that Mr President is keen to see infrastructural development in every part of the country...It shows that skyscrapers and other laudable infrastructure can be built in the Niger Delta.”

But they say Buhari hasn’t achieved anything. You show them the 17-story building, and as they gaze skyward, their caps and headgear fall off. You pick the cap and headgear, dust and hand them back. And you ask, brothers and sisters, how now? Rather than admit defeat, they pull the caps and headgear over their eyes, and grumbled: We hate skyscrapers. They make us dizzy.

At that point, you pity them.
You realize that they need prayers.
They hate everything good.
They hate anything uplifting.
They hate development.
They hate their country.
They even hate themselves.

To the enemies of the country,
AKA : Children of hate, Frustrations and perdition,
The anointing wey all of us @[/color] carry,
No be una @$@^# mate!

No Cap!

MAY BUHARI SUCCEED.
GOD BLESS [color=#006600]NIGERIA

APCNig:
The drunk Pastor Professor SAN hass spoken. But, I am sure he too knows that his head is not correct.
Nairaland.com kiddos everywhere cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:12am On Nov 01, 2021
Jinjinkoku:
I just want this man as our president in 2023. May we not miss it this time.

A better Nigeria all around is all we want.
A better Nigeria all around is what we shall encounter.
Nigeria will succeed.
God bless Nigeria.

Our own @MANNABBGRILLS come 2023 be say :

Starboy and Zulum for 2023.
Jibabs2:
Osinbajo or nothing

Our own @[/b] be say : STARBOY & Zulum for 2023.

Osinbajo, The great Man.

Our own @[b]
be say : STARBOY and ZULUM all da Way.

Come 2023 BGG,
STARBOY and ZULUM we dey for una.
Whether the evil ones like it or not,
Nigeria will succeed.

Topmaike007:
I like this your combo...

Pls when will APC membership card revalidation exercise end..

I need to collect mine
Our Combo is actually a well selected great Combo to move our nation forward.
That being said,,
Chief Topmaike,
We no too know about this APC revalidation tin o.
We are not actually a card carrying member of any political party in Nigeria.
The only 2 guys we love in Naija politics are our darling Daddy and his amiable Vice.
Now, Zulum has joined the rank.
We only go to the polls on election day to cast our votes for good, honest men that meant well for the nation, no matter the party they are.
And you don't have to be a party member to do that.

But in the past one month, we have noticed how all the top big wigs and non-politicians alike are all joining APC in their various Constituencies, from Governors, to Businesses owners and Entrepreneurs.
We are looking and researching about the good ones among them already.

Serveyouright:

The best for the job so far. If only greedy men in politics will allow this combo to fly.
We sane, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians will do all in our power to make this Combo work.
That is why we all must come together.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime

iHart:
I love this man
We Love him too.
Only fraudsters, criminals, thieves and losers in life don't like him obviously cool.
The same nuisances that do not like sane, good and honest members here.
Two time losers.

God bless our amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo.
God bless Nigeria.

Our own @[/b] be say : [b]STARBOY and ZULUM all da Way.

Come 2023 BGG,
STARBOY and ZULUM we dey for una.
Whether the evil ones like it or not,
Nigeria will succeed.

Serveyouright:

The best for the job so far. If only greedy men in politics will allow this combo to fly.
We sane, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians will do all in our power to make this Combo work.
That is why we all must come together.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime

PYO : Man of the people.... Sane people we mean.
Sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians. kiss

Mexzy4sho:

one can't deny that this combo would be the best to beat currently in Nigeria.
Manna, you make sense for here.
Now, clap for yasef undecided

Crucialgem:

We share the same view man, God bless you, I just hate the way people go about with always saying negative things when good news comes up about our country Nigeria. Most of you guys are the real problem we have in Nigeria
God bless you too crucial gem
You are truly a rare gem on this forum.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by SpatialKing(m): 6:13am On Nov 01, 2021
Coming from a useless and hopeles VP Nigeria ever had

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by arabbunkum: 6:13am On Nov 01, 2021
G
O
A
T
Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by Iamdboss: 6:13am On Nov 01, 2021
When all the cirizens are either dead or Japa....
Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by Lovelies1: 6:14am On Nov 01, 2021
Ss
Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by yanabasee2: 6:15am On Nov 01, 2021
When politicians begins to sound stup!d, just know that they're looking for something...

"E be like them want to tell us another story again e oh"... -2bqba

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by InvestorRicky(m): 6:16am On Nov 01, 2021
Nigeria has alot of intellectually inclined youths but u evil politicians are hampering & rendering our efforts futile

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Despite Complex Situations, Our Country's Future Remains Bright by SouthNigeriac: 6:18am On Nov 01, 2021
Osinbajo pray for a peaceful separation of this whatever it is

God bless Oduduwa republic
God bless biafrans

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Of Us Have Realized That Life In Nigeria Is Now Becoming Harder? / Viral Photo Of Peter Obi and Lagos LP Candidate Sleeping in the Airport / Head To Head : Ogun State And Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.