Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,469 members, 7,861,354 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:32 AM

Ipob And Nigeria, Know These, Know Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ipob And Nigeria, Know These, Know Peace (405 Views)

I don't know these ladies: Dino Malaye Threatens To Sue Gistlovers (Pics) / Junaid Mohammed: Nigeria Will Never Know Peace If Buhari, APC Remain In Power / Nigeria'll Not Know Peace Until An Igbo Becomes President - Nwobodo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ipob And Nigeria, Know These, Know Peace by jboy2014: 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2021
Before independent, MP Anthony Enahoro ask for a clause to be inserted in the independent constitution of Nigeria that "Any ethnic group that wants to leave this Union call Nigeria should be allow to do so", guest who rejected it in totality, MP Nnamdi Azikwe, and that could not become law.

In January of 1966, young Igbo soldiers carry out the most bloody coup in the history of Nigeria, killing mostly Hausa leaders in power and some few Yoruba's, no single Igbo leaders was touch, even when MP Azikwe was within a distance touch of the coupist in Ikoyi Lagos, that coup is the beginning of our ethnic hatred, yet the Igbos that benefited in that coup are claiming to be the most persecuted group.

In 1966, Igbo lawyer, Nwabueze was the one that advice Gen. Ironsi to abolished the regional system of government in Nigeria, there by putting all power to the center government, thinking Igbos man will be president for long, now the are the one shouting restructuring today of which most don't even know the meaning.

Let me pause here,
Fellow Igbos and Ipob, when we draw a different opinion from yours, it does not me we support this government, but we are just trying to be logical with our reasoning, not all replies should end with abuse and causes, bring forward your superior argument.

Peace.

3 Likes

Re: Ipob And Nigeria, Know These, Know Peace by Abdul05: 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2021
At the same time ..they are the ones that suffered most in this country grin grin

They were killed massively by the north grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ipob And Nigeria, Know These, Know Peace by Moferere: 6:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
This is the story most of them do not know.
I was in the office last week and Gen. T.Y Danjuma was speaking at the book launch of Sen. Ken Nnamani, an Igbo man hissed and I asked him what the problem was. He said T.Y Danjuma killed Ironsi.
But when I asked him what led to it, he could not answer.

Let's learn not to twist history

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Supreme Court Will Decide Next Gov – APC Rejects Result / Nigerians Should Be Thankful For Having Buhari As President – Jigawa APC / Merry Christmas From Ashiwaju Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.