Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? (41740 Views)

How Do Wives Whose Husbands Live Abroad Or Faraway Cope Without Sex? / Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them / "Deny Your Husband Sex" - Leaked Chats Of A Cheating Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by budaatum: 7:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
Qatar2022:

Watching too much foreign movie is confusing you
I don't blame you till you got married

Lol for your assumption.
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hathor5:
Another question:

Do husbands enjoy a reluctant wife who only has sex with them out of a sense of duty aka because 'she owes them'?
That can't possible as it must be an active role not volunteer
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Your post is too long.
Concision is the word.

As for the question, no one owes anyone sex, even in marriage. If a woman says no, that means no, even in marriage. Forcing her is called RAPE, even in marriage.
And suspense will begin
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Funflipper: 7:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
Verysmart101:

Guy u be full rugged nigga. I love ur style

You don't even need to go through all that stress; asking her to leave your house and all that crap. Rather take it as a first class ticket, handed over to you on a platter to go jerk off elsewhere without having any feeling of guilt. There are too many beautiful ladies out there begging to get laid for you to be battling with your own wife for sex. If she says " no sex", just say ok no problems. Grab your keys and go burst down down south with that side chic. End of story!

2 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by budaatum: 7:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
michigang:
I paid brideprice

So you bought your wife with the paltry sum you paid as brideprice and therefore assume you have the right to rape her?

I guess all I can say is you should consider having daughters so you can sell them too, though my love for women makes me wish you don't have any daughters at all.

Below is a book you should consider reading. It will cure you of your lack of knowledge.

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Boomboost(m): 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hathor5:
Another question:

Do husbands enjoy a reluctant wife who only has sex with them out of a sense of duty aka because 'she owes them'?

It's smart that you pointed out sex as a duty, however, enthusiasm can be self-generated. She can pretend to like it and we go out for dinner afterwards. We eat anything she wants grin
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by gbemishile: 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2021
budaatum:

Why should a wife be trying to please a man who does not respect her? If the man wanted pleasing, should he not be pleasing his wife first so she has no choice but to please him in return, or does the man expect to reap where he has not sown?

If the wife is not in the mood, then respect her. That will make her be in the mood in future.
any woman who has this kind of mentality is doomed to fail in marriage
what exactly is your point?
Please her as in?
Ure a feminist for sure

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by fotadmowmend(m): 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2021
Men urge for sex is very natural and to be frank, that is only of the reason for marriage (if not paramount). A man can do every other thing with another woman other than sex. So I don't why a woman would want her husband to beg her for sex. If it persists other ladies would definitely creep in
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Streetpriest1: 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
Stop using the word *owe* Sex is a mutual thing and both parties deserve it. Women should try and satisfy their husbands. How many minutes Kwanu?
tobechi20:
Bring kids into the picture, and often, one’s sex drive takes a nose dive. Especially for mothers.

Low libido is a very common issue for new mothers as they are healing from childbirth, grappling with fluctuating hormones and extreme sleep deprivation.

While we know adjusting to a new baby can profoundly impact a couple’s life (including sexual intimacy), we, as a society, act like it shouldn’t. We act like there’s something wrong with a new mother needing a timeout from sex.

New mothers who admit to having less sex drive are often met with people urging, “Just do it anyway,” and “You’ll get in the mood.”

But what if you don’t get in the mood, even when you take this advice? What then?

Why aren’t the feelings of the woman valid? Shouldn’t she be listening to her body? Her mind?

I’m not sure where we got this idea that a husband owns his wife’s vagina. Or that he is entitled to intercourse, MouthAction, handling, or groping. I’m pretty sure I didn’t see that covenant in the paperwork. But I have an inkling that this entitlement is very much based in misogyny and male privilege.

Men are led to believe, often since they are young boys, that women should have sex with them when they want it. Even when their wives are not “in the mood.” Because sex is the way he feels intimate. Sex is the way he connects. Because putting your husband’s sexual desires first is supposedly the best way to avoid divorce.

These antiquated and sexist designs for marriage are damaging to women.

When a married mom doesn’t put out, she’s called “cold” and “selfish” and the dreaded “bitch.” She’s told she must have “something else going on” mentally. Outsiders to the marriage, and maybe even therapists, will question if the wife was ever sexually assaulted. Does she have a history of trauma? They’ll try to make connections that aren’t there. Because how could a wife possibly not want to have sex with her husband?

It is sickening and horrific to think of a woman having sex against her will, married or not. It’s disgusting that we automatically assume something must be “wrong” with a woman who is having a gap in her groove. Beyond all that, it’s dangerous.

Suggesting that married women and mothers should just “do it anyway” is sexual bullying and coercion. If a husband acts on the “just do it anyway” cliché and forces it — that’s called rape.

When we attack married mothers for not putting out, we’re reaffirming once again what’s important in this society.

A man’s needs, not a woman’s. A man’s voice, not a woman’s voice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by budaatum: 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2021
gbemishile:

any woman who has this kind of mentality is doomed to fail in marriage
what exactly is your point?
Please her as in?
Ure a feminist for sure

So, in your own opinion, no woman who is respected by her man can have a successful marriage?

I'll tell you what. You will live long. Come back in 10 years time and tell me how successful your marriage is to a woman you do not respect.
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by budaatum: 8:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
Streetpriest1:
Stop using the word *owe* Sex is a mutual thing and both parties deserve it. Women should try and satisfy their husbands. How many minutes Kwanu?

They intend to marry the equivalent of a sex doll that they can brutalise whenever and as many times as they wish, because no woman who respects herself will marry a pig.
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by OFAIKGROUPS(m): 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
Klass99:

I am curious Mufasa, have you ever enjoyed sex with a reluctant and unwilling partner? Answer truthfully o!

@ Tobechi, you made valid points but so did Tickles001.

My personal ideology of marriage has always been two adults taking good care of each other. And that means in every way possible - sexually, financially, emotionally, physically and otherwise.

In marriage, I believe our bodies belong to each other, it's about giving and receiving care, being there for the other person even when you don't feel like it, but they need you.

We owe each other sex, as well as respect, intimacy and more.....If I am tired and not in the mood, I will simply tell my man, I'm tired so bear with me if I don't bring my A Game to this show or I am not an active and enthusiastic participant tonight.

I won't say no or deny him the cookie, because when he flips that script on me I am sure I won't like it or find it funny.

A brilliant one there!

Ur own view of what marriage entails is top notch I must say... grin

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by HonestFriend: 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Your post is too long.
Concision is the word.

As for the question, no one owes anyone sex, even in marriage. If a woman says no, that means no, even in marriage. Forcing her is called RAPE, even in marriage.

U need to read the Bible very well... What u typed is not true..
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by sabreal: 8:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
Evil question.

Just like the following questions.

Do ladies need to marry?

Do husbands need to take care of their wives

Do women worth any care

tobechi20:
Bring kids into the picture, and often, one’s sex drive takes a nose dive. Especially for mothers.

Low libido is a very common issue for new mothers as they are healing from childbirth, grappling with fluctuating hormones and extreme sleep deprivation.

While we know adjusting to a new baby can profoundly impact a couple’s life (including sexual intimacy), we, as a society, act like it shouldn’t. We act like there’s something wrong with a new mother needing a timeout from sex.

New mothers who admit to having less sex drive are often met with people urging, “Just do it anyway,” and “You’ll get in the mood.”

But what if you don’t get in the mood, even when you take this advice? What then?

Why aren’t the feelings of the woman valid? Shouldn’t she be listening to her body? Her mind?

I’m not sure where we got this idea that a husband owns his wife’s vagina. Or that he is entitled to intercourse, MouthAction, handling, or groping. I’m pretty sure I didn’t see that covenant in the paperwork. But I have an inkling that this entitlement is very much based in misogyny and male privilege.

Men are led to believe, often since they are young boys, that women should have sex with them when they want it. Even when their wives are not “in the mood.” Because sex is the way he feels intimate. Sex is the way he connects. Because putting your husband’s sexual desires first is supposedly the best way to avoid divorce.

These antiquated and sexist designs for marriage are damaging to women.

When a married mom doesn’t put out, she’s called “cold” and “selfish” and the dreaded “bitch.” She’s told she must have “something else going on” mentally. Outsiders to the marriage, and maybe even therapists, will question if the wife was ever sexually assaulted. Does she have a history of trauma? They’ll try to make connections that aren’t there. Because how could a wife possibly not want to have sex with her husband?

It is sickening and horrific to think of a woman having sex against her will, married or not. It’s disgusting that we automatically assume something must be “wrong” with a woman who is having a gap in her groove. Beyond all that, it’s dangerous.

Suggesting that married women and mothers should just “do it anyway” is sexual bullying and coercion. If a husband acts on the “just do it anyway” cliché and forces it — that’s called rape.

When we attack married mothers for not putting out, we’re reaffirming once again what’s important in this society.

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Elnesto(m): 8:18pm On Nov 14, 2021
Unfortunately, the writer may be one that doesn't own or read the Bible or even believe in it.

Let me flip the question:

Do husbands 'owe' their wives sex in marriage?

I believe it depends on the type of marriage contracted:

In Christianity, marriage is for the following (in no particular order):
1. Companionship
2. Prevent adultery aka access to godly sex
3. Raise godly children

To ensure number two is achieved, plenty Bible verses talk about husbands and wives sexually satisfying themselves. The key would be 1 Cor 7: 2 - 5:

So yes, husbands and wives owe themselves sex, companionship, support etc. [/quote]
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Lboy30(m): 8:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Bravo!! No one has a monopoly of knowledge.
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by mackii(m): 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
This our generation of woke men and women.

My opinion is there isn't nothing like a woman owing her husband sex. Sex like food is a necessary ingredient of marriage (except for a situation where it's unhealthy or Incase of fasting) and in this case both party must come to an agreement to hold up on the sex.

She has no right to deny him sex on the basic of just giving birth, or being a tired or any other reason as long as it safe and there isn't any agreement by the both of them ( same applies to the man).
If everyone decide to be In the mood or be ready before they do things in the house, I just wonder what kind of home we would have.

Ps; my opinion though..

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Box18: 8:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
Tickles001:
If everyone starts to do things only when they're in the mood or only when it's owed. How do you think the world would be like.

What do you think will play out in the family if the man wakes up one morning and decides he's not funding the house for a whole month because he doesn't feel like, or not in the mood. Or decides that he needs to quit his job and get a break because he's depressed and stressed out.
He's been doing like 3 side hustles, plus his main job. Things he entirely doesn't feel like doing. He needs a break, but he's not taking it.

If a woman naturally turns cold. A reasonable man would understand. But most times women just use it to show defiance.
The same woman that has 3kids and now cold, is the same woman that will go and be feeling kinky with a colleague in the office. Even when the said colleague is not doing anything to attract her.

Have sex with your partner is one of the simple things someone would do if there's still a tiny bit of attraction left in the union.

Men do a lot of things that is actually against their will. They go through biological changes too. All those stuffs you wrote up there has a masculine version of it. But if everyone starts making a long case out of simple things just like you did. Then nothing will ever work out and happiness will elude everyone at the end.

I wonder how people think like this sef. Simple something undecided

A married woman with 2kids from this nairaland once told me that her husband is not giving her enough sex. That she wants it more now, than when she was without child. And she is a busy woman.
How come she's not cold?
nice points.
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Oyin2212(m): 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2021
Tonnyray:
The answer is easier than you can imagine: polygamy.. oh but your selfish self won't allow that. And the whiteman says it's wrong. Clowns.
I suppose you believe the man is not entitled to provide for and protect his home only when he "feels" like it.
The most important things in life are not always done because we "feel" like it, they are done because they are essential to achieve a desired outcome.

2 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hathor5:
Another question:

No, we don't. I hate it when women weaponize sex. Majority of women do this. Women are just full of unnecessary drama.
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Hathor5(f): 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
Olufemiolaolu:
No, we don't. I hate it when women weaponize sex. Majority of women do this. Women are just full of unnecessary drama.

Boomboost:

It's smart that you pointed out sex as a duty, however, enthusiasm can be self-generated. She can pretend to like it and we go out for dinner afterwards. We eat anything she wants grin

olaniyiYAH:

That can't possible as it must be an active role not volunteer

whodeyhere:

I think ones a man nuts, he has enjoyed the sex. But the issue is how comfortable a man would be when having sex with an unresponsive woman. How can such men keep it up?>

Interesting.
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Mordecai(m): 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
budaatum:

They intend to marry the equivalent of a sex doll that they can brutalise whenever and as many times as they wish, because no woman who respects herself will marry a pig.

Quit the ad hominem responses and respond to Tickles001.

You tell me that in your marriage, there is no sense of obligation and duty? That you are okay with your husband playing his part only when he feels like it? That if he decides to leave the house to live with a friend for 2 months just because he feels like it, you'd be okay with it?

You should stop misleading people.

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
Tickles001:

I don't even start that kind of relationship with anyone who doesn't like doing. So I'm likely to marry someone who is my match.

But if later in time she decides to use it as bargaining chip, or denies me as show of defiance. Under the guise of "I don't owe you".

This is what I'll do:
I'll join her in the game. I'll become a total stranger to her and she'll has to convince me with good reasons before I do anything for her. Because I don't owe it. I'll start with asking her to leave my house because I don't owe her shelter. No money for upkeeps, nothing at all for her except I'm doing it for my benefit.
I'll plan my withdrawal so it will hit her well, and make her leave.
I can't be living with an inconsiderate somebody.
Exactly, women take alot of responsible men for granted
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by budaatum: 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mordecai:

Quit the ad hominem responses and respond to Tickles001.

You tell me that in your marriage, there is no sense of obligation and duty? That you are okay with your husband playing his part only when he feels like it? That if he decides to leave the house to live with a friend for 2 months just because he feels like it, you'd be okay with it?

You should stop misleading people.

My husband can not leave his wonderful amazing wife and go live elsewhere for two days not to talk of two months because he is a wonderful caring responsible man who cares for his family. He knows that peace in his home depends on him and he'd not do anything to jeorpadise it because he knows he would not only be destroying his own home, but also will negatively affect the welfare and future of his son and daughter and his own self as well as that of the wonderful amazing wife he married and immensely respects.

I guess you'd need to understand that I can not possibly have married an immature boy who's brain is in his pants.
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by LesbianBoy(m): 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
I am just laughing reading this thread

Na mumu "Real men" I dey pity pass. Na dem dey suffer for the hands of females like the OP!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:58pm On Nov 14, 2021
tobechi20:

WHAT ARE THE SOLUTIONS??

The Man Should Start To Starve Himself Of Sex??

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by revived: 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2021
theForth:

God knows I am not violent, I hate violence with every fibre in me but if my wife should deny me sex, even once, I can never ask her again and I shall have every reason to play outside.

I don't really care if the marriage goes downhill from there, me I no send anybody. I just thank God for the personality he gave me sha.

You are a real gee brother

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by abbey621(m): 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
Funny question because men self dey tire of their wives, eating the smae thing every single week is well.......Boring! In this age, unless you're a broke ass, plenty kitten dey on demand with reasonable pricing. The only choice left now is whether you'll be a devoted customer that tastes different meals every week or you'll be one of those customers that only comes in once in a blue moon grin grin grin

Let this be known, never ever force a woman to have sex with you, na only animals dey do that, in fact if your wife is constantly not in the mood and you've tried your best to put her in the mood over and over again, you have done your duty as a man! Let your conscience be clean and fire away grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Tonnyray: 9:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
A woman who after 2 kids still has her husband seriously sexually interested in her should consider herself fortunate in this day and age.

9 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by ptoall1000: 9:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
yes and vice versa
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by justli: 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Boss13:

Oh they are pushing the boundary and they will continue to push it. I live in the west and one major concern is liberal and progressive propaganda which have created weaker men and women despise weak men.

As you can see feminist are pushing for agenda that give rise to produce weak men they hate and won't elope with. Yet you see suckered men agreeing to confused propaganda that generates chaos.

A wife or traditional woman would not agreed to the nonsense publication because she understands men better and knows what marital obligations means. She also understands the risk of not fulfilling them because another traditional woman will occupying her space without a blink of an eye.

Currently in the west, the most single women are the ones with feminist ideology. These women who grow up and regret their past can't keep men. [b]Also western men are no longer queuing up to marry western women. [/b]Let the silly Nigerian feminist pursue their agenda - the end game is there waiting....

Exactly. In my online group, most European men now despise their women and are opting for Thai and Philippine women. In Sweden the govt is even trying to pass a law to limit the number of Thai women entering the country, because the ultra liberal and femist Swedish women with no regards for men have been abandoned by the men for more homely and womanly Asian women.

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Justice316: 9:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
Boss13:
Another feminist publication to absolve women of marital obligations. Marriage is responsibility and I know responsibility and accountability to a woman is cryptonite.

Women, there are days you don't feel like working but you drag yourself to work because you have an obligation. The same is with marriage.

Now, let's flip it - you want your husband to understand your sexual mood and will only have sex with him when you're in the heat of it. This is EXTREMELY selfish and inconsiderate in light of the fact that a man's sexual need is 4 -12 times higher than a woman's.

While it is understandable that a woman's libido is lower, consideration must be established that a man's libido is higher. If he is to express such understanding to only have sex with a woman when she wants it. Then such understanding should be extended to the man that he can have sex when he wants, but probably not with the wife.

Aha! The feminist movement will scream "I don't want a cheater". "I WILL DIVORCE HIM". Can these women see the irony, the selfishness, and despicable silliness. You cannot take care of your husband's sexual needs - agreed. Then let him take care of it. Stop pressuring men to become women. We are not women.

Men, if your wife is refusing to fulfill her part of her marital obligation and this includes satisfying you sexually, divorce her. If you do try to go get it outside, she will divorce you or be irritated by your mere presence. Such women are not ready for marriage. Let them remain single and die alone.
Don't mind them. I'm sure the OP is a depressed woman in marriage looking for who to drag down the pit along with herself. Sex is a key essential in a happy marriage. Take it out and suffer the consequences alone. Ire oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What I Did To My Mother-in-law / We Met On Nairaland 4 Years Ago, Now We Are Married! / Couple In Divorce Case Made Love Before Appearing In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.