Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues (43066 Views)

Soakaway Collapses At NPA Quarters, Nyanya In Abuja; 3 Rescued / Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago / Victims Killed In Lagos Building Collapse (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by lesbiconverter: 7:40pm On Nov 01, 2021
EXLOVER:
They must have given this project to a bad and greedy contractor who is more consigned about his pocket

Or the owner of the building is small money to build a big project.

But this picture is confusing me, those blocks are really big
it may not be the money but bad engineering. There buildings that fall due to lack of DPC
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by ThierryJay: 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
Chai, I know that building very well near Lafarge Holcim office on Gerrard. It's been uncompleted for a while and I remember I used to admire it from afar as it was going to be the tallest building in that Ikoyi axis.

This is really terrible. Worked had stopped on the building for a while so it's not like activities were ongoing there on a daily basis. How the collapse then happened on the day a lot of people were present was really an unfortunate luck. Could it also be that the extra load of 50 people unbalanced the already weak structure?
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by emae009(m): 7:53pm On Nov 01, 2021
Jestin:
Use a certified Engr to supervise ur building projects, they will not listen

you think a building of that magnitude wasn't done with a Cert. Engr??
A little something like wind pressure on high rise can cause that.. if the project firm aren't experienced enough with high rise construction, they may categorized wind pressure as negligible during design phase.
A proper analysis will tell us where it went wrong though
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by blaise26abj(m): 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2021
jaxxy:
Look at the structure of the building alone it is quite obvious it can’t stand at that height. It was weak and slightly tilting already.

Glad someone else noticed it too. From engineering standpoint , wind loads should have been a factor . Also the quality of materials matters when you are having such multiple floors
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by placeofallure(f): 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2021
zexy2030:

it is not far from my office. It is gerrard road. Very close to Lekki toll gate or round about or before getting to park view.

That's around Moseley, Thurnbull side.
God should just keep the people safe.
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2021
Heard the owner was caught up in the Collapse. The first Structural Consultancy firm resigned from the project Because of conflicting interest . I just hate working for a private Client I swear, the will just be imposing what they want on you.
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by Holymykel(m): 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2021
Hey wo
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by OdefaGirl(f): 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2021
Just read where a woman was crying to other women for prayer... that her husband was working there when it collapsed.... that she doesn't want to be a widow. I felt so sad. I pray that he comes home alive.... I pray that the 3 found dead will only be the dead ones.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by calculator123(m): 9:03pm On Nov 01, 2021
micronut:
God Saved you ooo guy

See reports of Lagosians trying to rescue people at the site

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwF48jxit4M
Oga Elu, thanks for this video.

Nigerians just like shortcut

1 Like

Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by talkingdrivel(m): 9:05pm On Nov 01, 2021
Slabs you mean....the blocks were crushed
EXLOVER:
They must have given this project to a bad and greedy contractor who is more consigned about his pocket

Or the owner of the building is small money to build a big project.

But this picture is confusing me, those blocks are really big

1 Like

Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by talkingdrivel(m): 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2021
Why state inspection teams? If your consultant engr approves your stage then it means it's good...its universal
DWJOBScom:
Very unfortunate
I hope they prosecute the contractors, owners , state inspection team etc
Well they are well placed individuals
They are saints
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by sisisioge: 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2021
See wasted money, time and other resources o. Chai!
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by olawonder(m): 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2021
Someone who had just survived a trauma, possibly with some broken bones was made to stand like that! For what purpose… answer attendance register? Idiots everywhere!
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by wonlasewonimi: 10:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
sisisioge:
See wasted money, time and other resources o. Chai!

wasted money or human lives...
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by OkuFaba(m): 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2021
zexy2030:

it is not far from my office. It is gerrard road. Very close to Lekki toll gate or round about or before getting to park view.
I stay in park view... The traffic was maaaad..
From Bourdillon till I entered was fvcked..
Gerrard road has been blocked. You have to go From park view 1st gate and come out from the second..
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by muheeb01(m): 12:32am On Nov 02, 2021
Olorun oba oo,this is sad
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues by EmekaBlue(m): 5:01am On Nov 02, 2021
See massive structure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Builds A House For A Poor Widow In Imo (Photos) / Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House / My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.