Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,403 members, 7,836,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 (41182 Views)

Femi Osibona & Italian Architects At The Top Of Collapsed 21-Storey Building / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi / 19 Buildings In Banana Island Sealed By Lagos Government Over Planning Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by Litmus: 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2021
fergie001:
The 21-storey building that collapsed today at Musikiu Junction by Gerard Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, was sealed by the State government last year to "prevent calamity".

Unfortunately, it appears the building was later unsealed and construction continued until it collapsed today, November 1, at about 2:25 pm.

In July 2020, it was reported that Sanwo-Olu had sealed the Gerard, Ikoyi high-rise.

Linda Ikejis blog

[url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/well-curb-incidents-of-building-collapse-says-sanwo-olu/%3famp]It [/url] can be recalled that Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu on October 21, 2021 promised that his administration will curb building collapse incidents in the state with the inauguration of the Certificate of Completion and Fitness for Habitation by the Lagos State Building Control Agency.

Perhaps this is an illustration of what I mean when I say Nigeria's main problem is disorganization of which absence of continuity is part. Authorities, rightly as it has turned out, determined that unsafe practices had been carried out and consequently , quote, " building site -was-sealed-by-governor-sanwo-olu-a-year-ago-to-prevent-calamity". So far, excellent; however, it looks as if lack of organisation, resulting in discontinuity of the monitoring process allowed the owners/investors to proceed with construction behind the back of authorities. An organised society is a relentlessly persistent one, authorities are not permitted to rest on their laurels.

Authorities cannot one day go and clear the infamous market overrun by thieves, dust their hands in satisfaction at a job well done but never return to ensure the market dose not spring up again or leave measures that ensure the market won’t ever return. Nigeria practices Nation building and leaving instead of Nation building and running.

If Nigeria had Maintained since independence, Nigeria’s subsequent wealth and affluence today would (as happens in the West) comfortably accommodate current levels of corruption and ethnic bigotry so that the people would t even notice it in their average lives. The amount of magnificent business I’ve seen started and grown in Nigeria then abandoned by owners that prefer to enjoy the wealth their business gained them instead of expanding them, no be small
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by Olayetan(m): 12:08am On Nov 02, 2021
the owner should be jailed for murder intent, I don't know the word to use but how can a sane person go ahead with what was sealed.

Nigerians and their act of wickedness.
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by dins4real(m): 5:00am On Nov 02, 2021
uptimum123:
Heads will surely roll for this

This is unacceptable
Are you sure ?
To me, nothing will happen. Lasg will do nothing. This I promise you.

However, it is sad that, buildings will continue to occur more and more as long as we have corrupted and greedy people in the corridors of power both in government and private sectors.
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by INCREDIBLE007(m): 5:12am On Nov 02, 2021
People should be prosecuted

Whomever is behind that nonsense

The building was flagged yet some
Crack head have the guts to remove the flag and do nonsense
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by Hespee93: 7:28am On Nov 02, 2021
allcomage:
They should have demolished that time because with time the developers will settle authorities concerned and continue with the project.

We all know it that if government dimolished the building then, many citizens would have called for the their heads claiming that the government is wicked
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by zoedew: 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2021
Omniman:
$5million just collapse just like that embarassed
Haba! Cool down nah! Insurance company will pay up!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) / How Much Will I Need To Roof This 3 Bedroom Bungalow - / Is It Possible To Estimate The Cost Of Electrical Wiring Of A Duplex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.