Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,125 members, 7,838,862 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? (6503 Views)

Poll: Theresa Vs Oyedepo: Which of them inspires you MORE?

Mother Theresa: 70% (49 votes)
Bishop David Oyedepo: 30% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Mother Theresa As A Great Christian / Catholic Example :: Fable Or Fact? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by Joagbaje(m): 7:56am On Jun 06, 2011
Acidosis:

People can be very funny atimes. What gives y'all the impression that the rich i.e Oyedepo is not a true christian. Oh! Because he has more money, you think he won't make heaven?

Thats the religious belief of many.
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by pereze: 8:23am On Jun 06, 2011
You all should get a life!
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by pereze: 8:23am On Jun 06, 2011
You all should get a life!
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by justwise(m): 8:34am On Jun 06, 2011
Hard to compare both.

Oyedepo tells you what you want to hear to get what he wants = material wealth.

Mother Theresa gave her time and love expecting nothing in return.
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by andyanders: 8:43am On Jun 06, 2011
[b]The ONLY man of God I have seen preaching and doing the true work of God is Senior Prophet T. B. Joshua who has been giving what he has to the poor, the sick and the less privileged no matter your religion. He gave the handicapped athletes that won medals at the Olympics cars and 1 million naira each so that they can live a descent life. He took most beggars out of the street and established them. He provided for the widows and widowers and has been giving scholarships upto University levels to the children of the widows and widowers. This is a true Christian life and what Christianity should be=LOVE. "LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR LIKE THYSELVE" He does not look at you a pegan, a muslim or babalawo, rather he will deliver you and bless you financially, spiritually and materially.

As men of God, I cannot say David Oyedipo about the man of God, Let his work show and at the last DAY, God will judge. We should not gather wealth and store on earth cos it will perish. There are
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by kem82: 9:14am On Jun 06, 2011
Those that compare themselves are not wise
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by Meldrick(m): 9:51am On Jun 06, 2011
KunleOshob:

^^^
Yeah right! Oyedepo shows love only to his own greedy pocket!
I've read through your post. You think like an owl and reason with your brain under your shoes. Who are you to judge who is a better Christian. Adamu
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by NaijaPoPo: 11:06am On Jun 06, 2011
@Acidodis
Well, d bible does say, it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to get to heaven. wink wink wink
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by stagger: 12:03pm On Jun 06, 2011
Any Christian can choose to identify with either Abraham, the richest in his time who had an army of 318 servants born in his house (which means their parents were under his employment)

OR

identify with Lazarus who was described as being poor and begged from the rich man's gate continually.

Both went to heaven (as seen from that story Jesus told).

But one had more impact on people's lives. The other constituted a nuisance to himself and his family.

There are too many hypocrites here who believe Christians and men of God should be poor, walking around and begging for offerings. Thank God people like Bishop Oyedepo have radically turned it all around to prove that there is nothing bad in being rich as a Christian. You can touch more lives and help more people.

I have personally paid the house rent of many of my staff repeatedly and many of these ones will kill for me if they had to. Imagine if I had been unable to do so when they approached me for help. Will they love or hate me?

They would hate me and start stealing from my business.

If i had stuck to the "poor as church rat" Christianity of the days of my parents, I wonder how my life would have been today.

I identify with the "riches in Christ" philosophy. Jesus taught it, Paul taught it, many prophets in the bible taught it. I have seen a lot of human suffering and while I identify with Mother Theresa and her great work on planet earth, I see her views on poverty as very extreme. I would have loved to see her donate money to procure HIV drugs to the millions of orphans who needed it, or put money into HIV research and not just visit them in hospital.

Even the bible said it. if your brother has a need and you can fill that need, prayers alone will not cut it. Do something physical to solve that need. Without money, it cannot be done.

Many people here do not know what is done by the many churches today in the area of poverty alleviation and charity work. All they do is criticize.

1 Like

Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2011
Was Abraham going around healing people?
Wasn't Abraham a businessman?

What happened to modesty and moderation? Aren't they Christian principles?

No one's saying Christians should not be rich.

But when the young ones look at our politicians, drug dealers and clergy competing with each other, how does one explain this to them?

Anyway, please defend Oyedepo the Businessman. Bishop Oyedepo, on the other hand,
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by airzzee(m): 12:33pm On Jun 06, 2011
I remember preacher JIM JONES of GUYANA, US, who led over 900 of his worshippers to drink poison & die in one day st his command. I hope it won't be like that for most of us here, who worship pastors rather than Christ.
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by Amaechi5(m): 12:52pm On Jun 06, 2011
It is said in revelations they will preach in my name,they will perform miracles and wonders in my name but be very carefully cause they are wolves in the church.It is not a new thing in nigeria that as far as one performs miracles and wonders you became instantly rich cause multitude will be coming to ur church,we no longer want salvation anymore what we want is miracles,pastors telling us we musn't sufer while in the bible jesus said if u must follow me u must carry ur cross which signifies suferings and 4us to be rich in faith.But these pastors will tell us that one musn't sufer.As far as am concerned if u want to be rich in nigeria now OPEN A CHURCH AND PERFORM MIRACLES AND WONDERS ANYHOW

1 Like

Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by Amaechi5(m): 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2011
It is said in revelations they will preach in my name,they will perform miracles and wonders in my name but be very carefully cause they are wolves in the church.It is not a new thing in nigeria that as far as one performs miracles and wonders you became instantly rich cause multitude will be coming to ur church,we no longer want salvation anymore what we want is miracles,pastors telling us we musn't sufer while in the bible jesus said if u must follow me u must carry ur cross which signifies suferings and 4us to be rich in faith.But these pastors will tell us that one musn't sufer.As far as am concerned if u want to be rich in nigeria now OPEN A CHURCH AND PERFORM MIRACLES AND WONDERS ANYHOW
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by stagger: 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2011
musKeeto:

Was Abraham going around healing people?
Wasn't Abraham a businessman?

What happened to modesty and moderation? Aren't they Christian principles?

No one's saying Christians should not be rich.

But when the young ones look at our politicians, drug dealers and clergy competing with each other, how does one explain this to them?

Anyway, please defend Oyedepo the Businessman. Bishop Oyedepo, on the other hand,

Not everyone is called to the healing ministry. Even St. Paul said it. Some are called to be teachers, some preachers, some evangelists.

You just identify what you are and fit in. The most important thing is to live a Christ-like life. Part of it is that Christ said: "judge not that ye be not judged".

I like the post of someone who said that God will judge all things in the last day.
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by vislabraye(m): 1:42pm On Jun 06, 2011
@poster. Whose foot step are you following. Can you live a life of lack and want for the sake of Christ ? Think deeply about how you can add value yourself.

As for Oyedepo, I've been hearing some much about him of lately in NL. Did he steal any body's jet grin
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by AkanA1(m): 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2011
I'm really not surprise by most people's comments on this thread. After all it's poor, jobless and frustrated peeps who have all the time in the world 2 write what ever thrash that comes 2 their head with out giving it proper taught on social media such as this,
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2011
stagger:

Not everyone is called to the healing ministry. Even St. Paul said it. Some are called to be teachers, some preachers, some evangelists.

You just identify what you are and fit in. The most important thing is to live a Christ-like life. Part of it is that Christ said: "judge not that ye be not judged".

I like the post of someone who said that God will judge all things in the last day.

how come u didn't include some are called to be 'healers',

God will judge all things, hmm

To people who keep saying this, I ask one question

Are courts biblical or not?
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by Welder(m): 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2011
Stop comparing folks, who are you to judge any of this people?
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by ohnaigee(m): 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2011

One is a CEO involved in gospel

The other one is a shining example of God's love
"Our Lord wants me to be a free nun covered with the poverty of the cross. Today I learned a good lesson. The poverty of the poor must be so hard for them. While looking for a home I walked and walked till my arms and legs ached. I thought how much they must ache in body and soul, looking for a home, food and health. Then the comfort of Loreto [her former order] came to tempt me. 'You have only to say the word and all that will be yours again,' the Tempter kept on saying , Of free choice, my God, and out of love for you, I desire to remain and do whatever be your Holy will in my regard. I did not let a single tear come" shocked
"
"Mother Teresa wrote many letters to her confessors and superiors over a 66-year period. She had asked that her letters be destroyed, concerned that "people will think more of me—less of Jesus"

Those inspired by one are inspired because of wealth and materialism.

The other inspires those who choose to seek God, and fully depend on Him.

There's no choice for me. I know who my role model is

LOOOL @ moskeeto, little wonda, your user i.d betrays the sort of brain you possess, a mosquito 1 shocked undecided cry
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by beey2(m): 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2011
Dr. David Oyedepo inspire me a lot. @ Kunle it shld be high time u get carried away by religiosity, Jesus Christ says he became poor so that we might be rich, Anyway I wish u long life in poverty on ur next birthday.,did u say what?
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by Ehisod(m): 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2011
I get more inspiration from the likes of Alcapone and co. than from these our new breed materialistic men of God that we have all around us today.
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2011
ohnaigee:

LOOOL @ moskeeto, little wonda, your user i.d betrays the sort of brain you possess, a mosquito 1

ohnaigee,

I hope now you've gotten the attention, you can face the issue at hand,
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:31pm On Jun 06, 2011
frauds,
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by AjanleKoko: 9:50pm On Jun 06, 2011
The wealth-and-poverty conundrum has done much damage to the psyche of the black man.
Else, what's the purpose of this thread?

Why not say 'Mother Teresa and Billy Graham'? Or even 'Mother Teresa and the Pope'? After all, there are thousands of clergymen who live in luxury, all over the world.
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by Gregdgreat: 12:38am On Jun 07, 2011
Mother Theresa of Kolkata,a great example of love,charity and humulity.The United Nations will tell you guys better,her life, !
smiley
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by otukpo(f): 10:02am On Jun 07, 2011
Mother Theresa
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by MMM2(m): 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2011
d both
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by rolchi(m): 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2011
Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo of course, if you choose anything else, you are a liar!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue

Abi, you wan suffer, talk true oh! Na wetin you want, God go do for you oh!
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by maxproxl: 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2011
@ LOVEKING

this thread is unnecessary. on what basis are u comparing two very different personalties. one with a catholic background & another who is pentecostal. individuals with very different vision and divine assignment.

l have different role models. l pick from their strengths & ignore their weaknesses. its appropraite to compare mother theresa and pope john paul -2 or cardinal bunmi okogie
Re: Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? by HolyTrader: 10:43am On Jul 07, 2011
I am by the grace of God a born-again Christian, and I am proud of it and bless the name of the Lord for it. But I simply don’t understand this madness about focusing on financial prosperity as if the Lord Jesus was crucified on Calvary for this. The (My) Lord was a Servant-King; yes, a Servant-King. These days the mind of the youths are being focused on the gift instead on the Giver, thus leading many astray. They are tired of going on the road, now they have stepped up to flying in the air. Christianity without Cross is that of eternal death. Matt 6, 21 says it all – Where your treasure is, there your heart will also be. Let them continue the acquisition of private Jets. We shall all see whom they will leave them for. Thank God, I know Whom I serve.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born / Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? / Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.